The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

By themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... More

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
9 | High & Mighty
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
17 | Her Majesty
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
26 | Feel Special
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
30 | Refugees
31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
37 | Reunion Gone Wrong
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
43 | It's almost Time
44 | New Life Begins
45 | The Happy Ending

34 | Reali-tea

13.2K 732 35
By themoonlightdemon

ALVIA'S POV

I woke earlier than I usually did and I don't hate it at all. Having someone beside me when I woke up really does makes a difference. How was it possible for someone to be this beautiful even in her sleep?

After a few minutes staring at Kathryn's sleeping feature, I think I had enough boast for the day. It's not every day I manage to wake up before she did. I don't know how she can function properly waking up earlier than anyone else in the palace.

Yesterday events must've taken a hold of her. It was smart of Freida to filming the meeting yesterday. Even though I was sick yesterday, I can't contain the anger I had when they berated my empress.

It was smart of her to send them to jail for their crime against the throne. After giving myself the signature flick on my hair, I went out from the closet just to see Kathryn leaning back to the bed headboard while switching channels after channels with the remote.

"You up early. How are you feeling?"

"Better than yesterday. Since the headache is gone, I'm going to work today. I won't be here for breakfast but is it okay if we have lunch together?" Kathryn nods her head.

"I think I have a 2-hour break in the afternoon. I'll be waiting in the dining hall for you," she smiles. Maybe I should treat her to something since she has done so much for me yesterday.

"I was thinking that we should try out a new restaurant that just open. What say you?" Her eyes widen.

"Are you sure? We won't have any privacy at all. The mass media will literally chew us out," I walk up to her before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll make the arrangement so we can have the place to ourself. Besides, I'm the emperor. They can at least close up the place for lunch," I assured her.

"But that won't do them any good. What about their loses?" This woman should think about herself more though.

"Kathryn, my dear. When I said I'll make the arrangement, what I mean was I will pay for their supposedly profit for the whole time we asked them to close the shop for us. I'm not like some royalty who won't acknowledge their people's success," Kathryn chuckled.

"Okay. Now I'm excited. I wonder what should I wear. Oh! Have a good day at work today. Please, don't push yourself too hard. And not forget that tonight we have dinner with the wedding planner. I hate to say this but I hope you'lol make it. I don't want to be alone for this," alone? Even if I'm not there, the countess should be there though.

But seeing her like this, makes me want to make time for her and this wedding. After all, it's my wedding too.

"I love you, my empress," Kathryn blushed in a deep shade of red when I pulled away from her soft lips with a smile.

I turn my back to her before walking towards the door. With the last wave to her, I walk out from my bedroom and meet both Freida and countess Genevieve waiting for us outside.

"You may go inside and help her get ready," the countess bows. Before she turns the knob, she turns to face me.

"Don't be too lenient to them, my emperor. The things they said to the future empress was unforgivable. They even mentioned about your in-laws. I'm surprised that the duchess didn't punish them herself. She's too naive and kind. I know I can't change her personality but maybe I can shape her up to be someone stronger," I smiled.

"Do what you must, Genevieve. You'll surprise yourself with how she does things around her. She listened but will do the opposite," Genevieve returns my smile before entering our the bedroom where I heard Kathryn yells at her for not knocking before entering.

"Show me where they are," Freida bows and leads the way to our car.

"Make a call for that new restaurant in town. I want to have lunch with my fiancée this afternoon. Asked them to close for the entire afternoon. We'll pay for their loses. Also, make sure that I don't have anything on my schedule for tonight because I need to be with my future wife to plan our wedding," I watched as Freida taking notes in her phone.

"Is that all?" I think for a moment before confirming our schedule again.

"Tell me, what is Frederick up to now?" At first, Freida was surprised when I asked her that. But when I show her the text I receive from Dolores last night, she sighs.

"It seems like my brother is planning something together with the leader of the youth group. They mentioned something about a factory where they force unwilling people working to their bones. There is also a place somewhere in the Resistance vicinity which uses as a place for slavery auction. That's part of how they make money to fund themselves," that piqued my interest.

"They kidnapped young teens and sale them off to the highest bidder. Some will be auction off in the black market either for organs or human trafficking. The leader mentioned that its popular among elites within the resistance to find sex slaves. Knowing my brother, he won't keep his voice to himself. He will find a way to help everyone who needs help," I pinched the bridge of my nose.

Sometimes I wonder if that man never thinks of his own safety.

"You mean to say he's risking his own life to deal with perhaps a group of mobsters who runs the group? I want to see them immediately together with this youth leader. What were they thinking trying to do things without my acknowledgement?!" Freida shrugged her shoulders.

"Fredrick never thinks about himself because he is consumed by his own righteousness. He was raised to think about others since he was chosen to be your advisor. Now that he has his own duchy to think about, he's unstoppable," did I make the wrong choices?

Should I just keep him close to me? I really don't want to lose my best friend. Not again.

***

"As much as I want to be the judgement of your action, Duke Charles, I simply can't because your princess asked that I rethink of my decision to send you to the gallows," his eyes widen when he looks up to me from his jail cell.

"The gallows?! You can't be serious! Just for stating the fact?!" How dare he mock me!

"Stating the fact you say? Your action would've to cause duchess Kathryn's reputation as the future empress! You made the throne as your enemy but luckily your princess is a good friend of mine. You should be thankful!" The duke scoffed.

Doesn't he have any idea how deep in trouble he is now?

"I don't need to thank anyone especially that useless princess who only cares about her friends that her own country! I was never worried when I say the things I said. I have full support from Gralia's council members. They have no desire for that wench to be the next empress!" It was then he realised he said too much.

I raised a hand for the guards inside his jail cell when they were about to hit the duke on the head. They were having trouble lowering their baton. I always wonder how the guards seem to react when they talk bad about Kathryn.

"I am interested to know more, duke Charles. What do you mean when you said you have the support from all the council members? Are you telling me that they're plotting something?" The duke decided to keep his words to himself.

"Better speak up now before it gets worse for you, your grace. The clock is ticking and if you decided to keep it to yourself, I'm afraid we won't hesitate to ignore the princess's request," Freida wasn't playing.

The Duke scoffed before spitting towards me. Freida took the baton herself from the guard and hit the side of his face with it. It was too late for me to stop the woman but it seems like it's working.

"How dare you do such a thing towards the emperor! Don't your mother ever teach you to be polite to your superior?! How disgraceful for your family name!" I take this chance to grabbed Freida's hand before she swings the baton again.

"I think that's enough. I don't him to be too dead for me to talk to," Freida sighs before she gave the baton back to the guard.

"Now, Duke Charles. Have you considered telling us the truth? I am willing to be here all day if you want me to," The duke spits out the blood from his mouth and face me with his dagger eyes.

I sigh when he seems to keep his promise to the council members.

"I want Countess Genevieve to take over this interrogation. It seems he won't talk to us no matter what we do. Maybe he'll talk to Genevieve," his eyes widen when I mentioned Genevieve's name.

"I'm sure she'll have more fun dealing with him than watching both me and my fiancée having our lunch," Freida smirk.

"I'll make the call right away," I stand up from my chair and went to the door while ignoring the duke's plea.

"Are you ready to tell us what is going on?" He shakes his head no.

"Then, by all means, let Genevieve come," I was about to leave when he yells at me.

"You don't understand! I can't say anything when it comes to them! My life is at stake! I don't want my family to suffer because of it!" He's worried about that?

"And what makes you think you'll survive this ordeal if you keep your mouth shut? Dear good old duke Charles, you've tarnished the throne by belittling the next empress of this empire. You expect us to let you go? Even though I am good friends with your princess, but she knows that she wouldn't be able to let you go from here. You choose to be here, I thought you remember," he was thrashing around when I decided to leave the room.

"Investigate every single member of the council. I want to know what are they up to. Be discreet about it. I assume that the news about duke Charles is in our captive wasn't spread throughout the empire?" Freida nods as we walk across the hallways.

"What did Genevieve said?"

"She's bringing the duchess to the restaurant. But she will get herself here once you arrive. She sounds quite happy too," it's noon already? I better get going.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, I noticed a few mass media making coverage about our lunch. Lucky for us when Genevieve suggested that we asked a few security personnel to be on the scene to take care of any unnecessary situation.

"Alvia!" Kathryn excitedly wave for me when she saw me entering the restaurant. Genevieve sidles towards me before bowing her head.

"I'll get going then," I smiled.

"Make sure he soul every detail, okay?" Genevieve returns the smile before excusing herself.

"How did your day go, my empress?" I give her a kiss on the forehead before sitting at the chair right in front of her.

"My went pretty well actually. Her majesty was showing me some of the charity group she's currently handling. I get to meet a few talented and beautiful kids too. So this day been do me good," I'm so glad that she's having fun.

We were interrupted when a waiter came to give us the menu. There was a moment of silence when we were indulged by the varieties of cuisine this restaurant has to offer. After considering which dish I want, I look up from the menu and saw Kathryn seems defeated for some reason.

"I can't read this menu," she whispered loud enough for me to hear. I guess she hasn't learned how to read German yet huh.

"Will you be okay having the same dish as mine?" She nods. I call for the waiter and ordered our food and wine of the day. While we wait, I took this chance to look around the restaurant.

"Alvia ... can I tell you something that seems important but also seems waste of time for you to know and worry about?"

"Sure. What's troubling you, my empress?" She seems reluctant but after a few moments debating with herself, she decided to ask me anyway.

"I heard a few of the council members whispering among each other that they want to exterminate a mole. They also mentioned something about jeopardising their plan to make Nicholas their next leader," my eyes widen.

"Are you sure that you heard Nicholas?" Kathryn nods her head.

"They didn't notice me eavesdropping. But it seems like pretty important but also doesn't make sense," I ... can't believe this. There's a ... mole ... among my trusted minister? And Nicholas. They want him to be the next leader? Of what?

Of the throne?

Do they want to dethrone me?

"Are you okay?" Kathryn asked.

"I'm okay," I gave her an assuring smile but deep down I am angry, disappointed, and even feel betrayed. I have to admit it but Freida was right all along.

She was right all along.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 1.3K 14
an excerpt from the story: "gulf, gulf, gulf." mew leaned in to the man who already wrapped himself more on mews cloak up to his nose. he chuckled. "...
279 1 22
This is about the great empire ruled by various kings with their emperor. And one small not i myself will be a part in this story. So im so nervous c...
1.8K 63 21
They're the heirs to their familie's kingdoms but must marry someone they've no interest in. They meet one fateful night, in a beautiful garden and t...