Repulsion

By UniqueNImperfect

If unlikes attract, then likes should repel too. Or is REPULSION just an illusion. An illusion so real, tha... More

0
1
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
EPILOGUE-1
AFFECTION-BOOK 2
EPILOGUE-2
Heartfelt thanks!

29.

6K 309 66
By UniqueNImperfect

"This project here is not our first. We already have a set foot. And thus this demands multi-dimensional professionalism.", I said and everyone nodded in affirmation.

"As Sir James said, while constructing the most normal house, we need to feel like it's our own White House. That's what fetches the best results.", I ended my words sitting on the chair beside my boss whose eyes were burning holes in my body.

The financial advisor of our team, Nate stood up, "Your prep-words are always the best Erica!", he smiled at me affectionately.

"I have been working under James and you, Nate. I have learnt from the best.", I returned back his smile.

"The meeting is adjourned!", The jerk stood up abruptly growling, and leaving the room.

Reluctantly and scowling, I followed him to narrate the terms we need to negotiate on the lunch with Peterson's.

He was sitting on his chair when I entered.

I had no will to talk to him, but I also don't want to express that his words hurt me. Be it his way. Let him know, that I am as cold as he is. And his moods won't decide his way of walking over my self respect.

"Sir should I narrate the Peterson's clauses!?"
He looked up from his phone, "Yes please!"

I stood near the table and started speaking when he interrupted, "You can sit Erica!"

Mood Swing Alert!

"No not needed sir!", And then I continued.

I heard him hissing in anger, and then growling, "Erica listen to me! Don't act indifferent...I know you're upset. But just sit!"

I looked at him, and ignored the genuineness on his face.
This asshole is a riddle, and I don't want to flow in his stream.
I kept the notes before him, "If you're so desperate to make me sit, I'll go sit in my office. You can read the clauses."

And with a triumphant smirk, I left his office.

Ahh! Feels so good!!

I decided to skip the lunch. First I won't have to accompany that jerk. Second, I will have some lone-time with myself, which I haven't had in many days.

E R I C A

"Out to run an errand. Nerissa will accompany you!", I crumpled the note in my hand.

Ok fine! You're angry. But what is this!?
This stubborn woman works for me!? Right!?

I pulled my hair frustrated.

"Hello Mr. Ashton! Let's go for the lunch date!", She purred the words seductively, which to me looked like a goat barking.

I ignored her and went to attend the meeting.

The meeting took longer than expected, but when I returned, she was not here.
When i asked Stephan, he told me she went to attend the other meeting because I was late.

This woman is purposely ignoring me.
And I am not liking this.

When at the end of the day, I came back to the penthouse, the dinner was being made. By her.

She had a headphone on.
So when I went to tell her, that her ignoring me is not at all bothering me, she probably didn't here.

"Erica!"
No response.

"Erica!!!!!!", I yelled.
No response again.

So this time I went forward, and pulled out her headphones.

I got some attention then, because she looked up, "Dinner is almost ready."

Huh!?
"I am not asking for dinner. But let me tell you, your ignorance doesn't affect me at all."
I got a smile in return, which was obviously fake.

Ugh!

I went to my room huffing, and then my attention went to the headphones in my hand.
To calm myself with some music, I put the headphones on, only to listen nothing.

What!?
This woman was ignoring me so severely!

My insides were boiling with anger, but damn! I invited this myself.
May be I should stop pretending to be a jerk.

Getting attached is dangerous, but getting completely 'Boss-zoned' by her seems more dangerous to me.
I like her company. There's no doubt.

****

"I am sorry for yelling at you Erica!", I said halfway our dinner.
Thankfully Stephan wasn't here.

She looked at me with a wary expression.
She will say something now.

May be, 'No problem Sir!', 'It's okay Sir!'...But none came.
Instead she got busy in her food again.

And this day ended for me, quite badly.

****

Another day, but my brown haired PA didn't lose her attitude.

I remembered something, so I summoned her in my office.
"You called me Sir!", How can one be so professional by using a cold tone like hers.

I refused to be affected by her behavior, "Sit Erica!"

I waited until she sat down before me, of course wondering how can she portray the best nonchalant gesture.

"Erica I have came across a doctor, who's the best in skin sciences, and has treated many people around. He has a very good record. And I want you to come with me, to visit him.", I told her awaiting her reaction.

And this time it did come.

She stood up shaking her head, amused!?

"You're a Boss! so don't forget your place Sir! Just because I shared a vulnerable part of my life with you, doesn't mean that I feel, I am close to you. I was not in my right senses then, which returned well since yesterday. I won't get these marks treated. And if they are bothering you so much, you can anytime fire me. Thank you for your fake concern!"
And went away.

Ugh! That hurts like a bitch!

"Erica listen to me!", I tried to go after her, but she was already out of the office.

Stephan came in then, "Any problem Sir!?"

"Uh...No! Just make sure Erica is fine. Henry will stay with me."
I shouldn't go behind her.
He nodded and then left.

E R I C A

I sat huffing in the portico.

What does he thinks of himself!?

He will dictate my life!? Why did I even rejoin at the first place!? I should've known he'll never change.

I breathed in and out to calm myself.

My eyes them met with a hand, offering cold coffee.

I looked up and to my relief saw Stephan.

"Are you alright Erica!?", I nodded in reply and muttered a thankyou taking the coffee from him.

The coffee did calm me, but when I was halfway drinking, Stephan spoke up.

"Sir said you like cold coffee!"

I scoffed, "Sir may go to hell!"

E R I C

I chuckled hearing her huffed voice, "Sir may go to hell!"

Stephan amused looked at me, and I signalled him to go.

I was actually standing behind the wall that separates main office from the portico.

I went and sat beside her while she kept on adorning me with colourful names.
"He knows so much about me! Asshole! Jerk! Madman! Words fall less for this man.. !"

"Psycho!", I prompted.
"Yeah Psycho!"
"Brute!", I prompted again.
"Brute too!"
"Crap!"
"Crap!!"
"Foolish!!"
"Yeah Foolish!"
"Ass!"
"A big Ass!", I resisted the urge to laugh.
"Dickhead!"
"Di.......", Her head snapped in my direction and her eyes widened.

"You!"
"Yeah me! He's such a asshole!", Her cheeks tainted red and I couldn't help but laugh.

She stood up clearly embarrassed and attempted to walk away.
I grabbed her hand and pulled her back, only for her to land on my lap, face so close to mine, I wondered if I can kiss her anger away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28 5 5
Will a hatred in someone's heart, might be a way to love again? She hated him to the core, because of what he said to her long time ago. She did eve...
Reunited By Rebecca

General Fiction

281K 11K 29
She had always felt like an out cast, she knew her family hated her but she didn't understand why. maybe it was because they never truly wanted her...
8.1K 710 65
Jacob is a 25-year-old, rich, hard-headed young billionaire who has started his career very young. Right after his graduation! No time to cool off! M...
1.3M 40.7K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...