A Metal Rose

By Lil_Jackie

"What is it like having a sister? Well...She is your mirror shining back at you with a world of possibilities... More

🌹 The Playlist
🌹 The Prologue 🗸
🌹 The Mission 🗸
🌹 The Cleaning Up 🗸
🌹 The Foolish Attack 🗸
🌹 The Mini Fights 🗸
🌹 The Dragons Battle
🌹 The Aftermath
🌹 The Offerings
🌹 The News Reporter
🌹 The Secrets
🌹 The Not-So-Bad Twins
🌹 The Mentoring Job (Pt 1.)
🌹 The Mentoring Job (Pt. 2)
🌹 The Mentoring Job (Pt. 3)
🌹 The Ride Home
🌹 The Battle Royale
🌹 The Continuous Battles
🌹 The Other Dragon Slayer?
🌹 The Fairy Law
🌹 The Fantasia Parade
🌹 The Off Day
🌹 The New Dragonslayer
🌹 The Rainbow Tree
🌹 The Not-So Amazing Race
🌹 The Faces of the Old
🌹 The New Adventure
🌹 The Coddiwomple
🌹 The Prison Break
🌹 The Rise Of Exceeds
🌹 The Dorma Anim
🌹 The Goodbye for Edolas
🌹 The New Exceeds
🌹 The Day Of Remembrance
🌹 The Spa Favor
🌹 The "Friendly" Visitors
🌹 The Protective Unit
🌹 The Story of How I Met Your Sister-In-Law
🌹 The Story of How They Fell
🌹 The Story of How She Failed
🌹 The Good of the Guild
🌹 The Solo Attack
🌹 The Hurtful Truth
🌹 The Final Countdown
🌹 The Final Battle
🌹 The End
Behind the Works
A/N I guess?
5/7/2024

🌹 The Dragon Sense

1.2K 52 7
By Lil_Jackie

   "Traitor," Edolas Erza snarled from her position on the flying beast, clutching her weapon. "In the end, you are one of the Fallen. Just an Exceed. You've forgotten the debt you owe our king for saving you, and instead turn your blade against him."

   "It's the other Erza!" Natsu exclaimed. 

   "He may be an Exceed," Gabbey called out evenly from her spot next to Mystogen. "But he will always be ten times the warrior you are."

Edolas Erza's eyes snapped over to the dragon slayer, eyes narrowed in disgust before popping open in surprise. 

   "Gabriella," Erza said in confusion. Her eyes narrowed again and she shook her head. "No, you're one of the Earth-land wizards. I can see the differences now that I look at you properly. You would never stand next to. . ." Her gaze snapped over to her counterpart and she roared, "Scarlet!"

   "Knightwalker."

   "Wait, Erza," Mystogen stopped the red head from doing anything. He turned his body towards Knightwalker. "You intend to aim your spear at me, the Prince of Edolas, Erza Knightwalker?"

   "Prince?"

   "Prince, you say? Don't make me laugh!" A rather haunting voice echoed from the land below them, from where Gabbey didn't know. "I don't think of you as my son!"

   "That's the voice of the King!" Coco exclaimed. 

   "You're related to that?" Gabbey asked rhetorically, grasping onto Mystogens cloak. "Gross."

   "Where is he?" Lucy asked, looking around. 

   "After 7 years of hiding in faraway lands, you have some nerve skulking back here!" The King growled. "I know that you've been going around Earthland sealing off Anima! You've betrayed your country! You sold out your own kingdom!"

   "Where is that voice coming from?" Wendy muttered, making Gabbriel glance at her. 

   "It's over some sort of speaker, so it has to be on the ground somewhere," She pieced together.

   "But deep inside the ground," Carla added on carefully, glancing around. 

   "Hey! Show yourself!" Natsu demanded. 

   "Yeah!"

   "Your Anima plan was a failure. Continuing to fight would be meaningless, yes?" Mystogen said. 

   "Meaning? The meaning of fighting?" The King let out a harsh laugh. Gabbey's eyes instantly focused on a glowing green spot on Edolas' land. It appeared in the middle of the ruins of an old coliseum.   

    "What's that noise? Or wait, what is. . ." Gray trailed off. 

   "The air is trembling from magic power!" Lucy noted. 

   "Where would they get this much magic power from, though?" Gabbey asked. 

   "This is not a fight. It is retaliation against those who defy the King!" Edolas trembled as a towering figure rose from the ground, magic energy surrounding it heavily. "A one-sided extermination!"

   "What is that?"

   "It looks like. . .an egg?"

   "Some magical weapon?"

   "No matter who stands in my way, I will eliminate them. Even you! There won't be any trace left!" The King's voice roar from the egg-like object and it lifted up in the air, chains breaking easily. 

   "Father," Mystogen murmured next to Gabbey. 

   "I am no father. I am the King of Edolas!" With a burst of light, standing where the egg once floated, was a metal dragon, glaring at everyone in the sky. "Yes. . .I'll wipe you out here, and no one will be left to stop the Anima in Earthland! I'll suck up another giant lacrima, and then fuse it with the Exceed! I can do it as many times as I want!" 

   "That's. . ."

   "Nothing is impossible for the King! The King's power is absolute!" The Dragon machine let out a furious roar, red eyes gleaming evilly from its head. 

   "A dragon, huh?" Gabbey mused.  

   "That shape. . . That magic power. . ."

   "It can be none other!" 

   "My word!"

   "That's. . .That's. . ." 

   "Droma Anim!" 

The Exceeds all gaped in shock and fear, their wings ruffling. "Droma Anim?" Mystogen and Gabbey echoed.  

   "It means Dragon Knight  in our native tongue." Mystogen explained. "It's a hardened armored dragon?"

   "A dragon?"

   "Or rather, it's in the shape of one." Happy pointed out. 

   "Hardened armor? What does that mean?" Carla asked. 

   "Special anti-wizard lacrima. . .Wizard cancelers nullify all external magic! It's a suit of armor you can pilot! The King's inside of it, controlling Droma Anim!" Coco explained.  

   "My soldiers. . .Capture the Exceeds!" The King ordered, a cannon appearing out of the dragon's mouth. 

   "Yes, sire!" The army was instantly on the move, heading straight for the Exceeds. 

   "Crap. . .Run for it!" Mystogen yelled, causing the Exceeds to panic and try to fly away for their lives. 

   "Gajeel!" Gabbey called out, running down the beast that Mystogen and her stood on, heading towards her twin. 

   "Gottcha!" Gajeel replied, taking the last piece of metal he had in his pocket and holding it out. With no hesitation, Gabbey jumped, hand stretched out to touch the shard in her brothers' grasp, before she was inside the metal shard. 

   "What's the plan?" She asked, her voice coming from the shard that Gajeel held in his palm. Her red eyes went wide as the soldiers blasted their weapons, a blue laser hitting Exceeds and turning them into lacrimas.  

Gajeel grunted, turning slightly to face the frighten Exceed that held the twins up. "First, we gotta get this guy to the ground so he can hide. We can think from there." 

   "B-But," The blue Exceed stammered, which Gabbriel quickly cut him off. 

   "We'll protect you until you hide on your own. Please, we gotta get down to that island though."

With a gulp, the Exceed flew as fast as he could downwards. Most of the royal guard was not paying too much attention to the descent of the furry animal, but those that did catch on got some iron in their face. 

By the time the twins got to the ground, they watched the little Exceed flutter off and to a hiding place. Gabbey casually pushed herself out of the iron piece, Gajeel dropping it into his pocket as the two of them faced Droma Anim. 

   "Whats the plan?" Gajeel grunted. 

   "Honestly, didn't think we would get this far," Gabbey admitted. Her eyes caught something in the distance and her eyes brightened a little bit. "Go attack it. I'm going to climb up and see if I can hit it from a better angle."

   "Why do -" He paused, catching sight at what Gabbriel was looking at, before nodding. "Got it."  

With quickness that rivaled the other dragon slayers, Gabbriel easily climbing the ruins around her and waited for the right moment. It didn't take too long, seeing as Natsu's fire hit the Droma on the back of the neck. 

Gajeel was next, knocking the head of the machine up as he hit it under the jaw. Gabbey grinned and leap off the tall ruins with a little running start. 

   "Iron Dragon's Talons!" Gabbey called, kicking the beast on the side of the head. She was quick to get out of the way with Natsu and Gajeel as Wendy appeared over the top of the Droma.

   "Roar of the Sky Dragon!

   "You scum!" The King snarled. Gabbey grinned to herself as Wendy landed gracefully on her feet, in between Gajeel and Natsu. 

   "Hey, not bad, Wendy," Natsu complimented. 

   "No. . .The attacks from the three of you did more damage." Wendy pointed out. 

   "That's because they're old than you," Gabbriel replied easily. "You're getting better."

   "Let's do it. . .How dare they do that to my cat?" Gajeel grunted, not joining the conversation. 

   "I see! It's you  fools!" The King hissed.

   "Natsu!"

   "Wendy!"

   "Gajeel!"

   "Gabbey!"

The members of Fairy tail called out on the beast that was flying above them. But Gabbriel didn't dare take her eyes off Droma. 

   "Go on. Protect the cats." Natsu ordered. There was some discomfort, mostly around the fact that they were going to leave the four of them behind. 

   "Lets go this, Salamander." Gajeel grunted. 

   "Teaming up with you, again?" Natsu groaned.

   "You two can settle things later!" Gabbey snapped back at them. "We got to bust this thing up first."

   "Foolish children!" The King growled.

   "I'll provide support!" Wendy declared,  a magic circle appearing under her. "O swift wind that dashes through the heavens! Vernier!"

Gabbriel almost jumped in shock as three separate magic circles appeared under the other dragon slayers. Her body felt light, a lot more lighter than it should have. With a prideful grin, Gabbey ran forwards with her twin and Natsu, easily dodging the attack the King sent at them. 

   "Whoa!" Gabbey cried out, overlapping Natsu and Gajeel easily. "Lot faster, too fast!"

   "Iron Fist of the Fire Dragon!" Natsu punched the top of the Droma. 

   "Pillar of the Iron Dragon!"

   "Iron Dragon's Crushing Fang!

The three of them try their best to knock the Droma out of power, but to Gabbey it felt like they were doing nothing. 

   "Damn this thing! How hard is it?" Gajeel growled, frustrating leaking into their bond. 

   "We're barely denting it!" Natsu exclaimed.

   "Punching metal hurts," Gabbey grumbled to herself. "We better get this show on the road before we become the road, boys!"

   "In that case," Wendy declared from her spot. "O strength of arm to cleace the heavens! Arms!"

Gabbey didn't panic as much this time as Wendy's light blue color surrounded her. 

   "Power is welling up inside of me!" Natsu exclaimed, watching as fire danced around his arm. 

   "I've never felt this strong before," Gabbey murmured, watching as her own lime green blended. 

   "It's magic that increases your attack power!" Wendy explained quickly.

   "You ain't bad," Gajeel grinned. Wendy easily took the compliment, this being the first one Gajeel had ever given her. Even though she hangs around his twin almost everyday. 

Gabbriel let out an excited cry as she easily punched the Droma's head to the side. 

   "Dazzling Blaze of the Fire Dragon!"

   "Spears of the Iron Dragon! Demon Poles!"

   "Iron Dragon's Thorn Spikes!"

   "How dare you!" The King spat. "It's that little girl! Launch the Dragon Knight Balls!" 

Gabbriel watched as a scale on the Droma moved and launched what seemed like a thousand lights at Wendy. 

   "Oh, no. Wendy!" Natsu warned. 

   "She'll be fine," Gabbriel assured Natsu in a proud voice. "Keep fighting this thing!" 

But even as she said that, Gabbey kept a close an on Wendy, watching as she dodged the Knight Balls and seeing them follow behind the bluenette.

   "They're homing?" Gajeel asked. 

   "They're homing." Gabbey confirmed. Though she shouldn't really be surprised, Wendy is clumsy, Gabbey gasped as the little girl tripped over some jutted out rocks, not being able to move in time as the homing balls descended on her. 

Natsu and Gabbey easily moved together, the Salamander destroying the bombs as Gabbey dragged Wendy close and put up her rose shield. 

   "Natsu! Gabbey!" 

   "I don't think so." Natsu declared, glancing back at Wendy and doing a double check when he saw Gabbriel. "When did you get there?!"

   "There's more where that came from!" The King roared. 

   "I ain't gonna let you!" Gajeel declared, his hands turned into hammers as he hit the scale that released the bomb balls. 

   "So annoying!" 

   "You're telling me," Gabbey scoffed, taking her shield in her grasp, she winded up and threw it as hard as she could. The rose shield easily cut through the first layer of metal and was stuck in it's stomach. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw two glowing orbs heading straight towards them. "There are still two left!" Natsu stated, as he ran towards them to destroy them. 

   "Those are. . .Don't, Natsu-san!

   "Down," Gabbey warned Wendy. "Get down!" 

   "They're different than the ones from before!" Wendy cried out, trying to warn Natsu. But it was already too late, they dropped and exploded right in front of Natsu. 

Gabbey turned and tackled Wendy to the ground, easily covering her from the heat and flames from the explosion. The King's obnoxious laughter echoed around them as Gabbey let out a hiss of pain. 

Fire sucked.

   "You naive, foolish wizards! And you call yourself dragon hunters?" The King suddenly stopped laughing, making Gabbey groan and roll herself off of Wendy. "He's eating the Dragon Knight Ball's explosion?!"

   "You couldn't have done that sooner?" Gabbey hissed at the Salamander as he ate the flames. Her eye caught some pieces of metal that were left over, and she quickly grabbed as much as she could and stuffed her face. 

   "And he's eating my tail! What is she eating, shards?!"

Gabbey almost choked on laughter as she looked up to see her twin eating easily through the Droma's tail. 

   "What's with this awful fire?" Natsu complained. "I ain't never tasted anything that pissed me off more."

   "That ain't it. But in the meantime. . ." Gajeel spat some metal out and wiped his jaw. 

   "Now that I've eaten, I'm all revved up!" They said together. 

   "Here we go again," Gabbey muttered as Natsu glared over at Gajeel. 

   "What the hell do you think you're doing?" 

   "You're one real annoying pest."

   "If you guys are going to argue like a old married couple, Wendy and I can handle this guy by ourselves," Gabbey snapped, breaking up the growing argument.

   "Nonsense. . .These are Earthland wizards. . .?" The King's confused voice made Gabbey smirk. 

   "Sure is strong. It ain't called a 'dragon' for nothing." Natsu complimented. 

   "Give me a break. This ain't even close to a dragon!" Gajeel jeered. 

   "I've met people with a scarier face than what this trash it throwing at us." Gabbey added. 

   "Even though he's the king of this land, he doesn't have a single bodyguard," Wendy noted.  "He's got incredible self-confidence."

   "I'm fired up," Natsu declared. 

As if his catchphrase caused it, the Droma started to have an unsettling aura around it. 

   "What's this?" Gajeel asked first. 

   "It's collecting magic power from the air?" Wendy answered in confusion. 

   "It's flowing into that thing?"

   "It might have a vacuum of some kind."

The Droma loomed dangerously above them now, a powerful and dark aura hovering around it. It's red eye gleamed in the darkness and Gabbey felt it pierce through her own red eyes. 

   "With the Black Heavens power Droma Anim has!" The King suddenly roared. "Go!"

It was light the armor on the Droma Anim got darker, and it jumped up in the air to slice the dragon slayers into pieces.

Gabbey coughed as she was thrown into some pillars and dust rose around her. Her eyes widen in shock as Natsu retaliated and went to punch the dragon. But, it was like nothing happened. 

   "Did I mosquito just try and bite me?" The King chuckled, easily swatting Natsu away. 

   "Natsu-san!" 

   "Even with the power of Arms, our attacks won't work!" Gajeel noted. 

   "It's like he. . .evolved." Gabbey muttered. 

   "Can you feel this overwhelmingly powerful magic?" The King taunted. "It is incredible. Don't kneel before me! Don't plead for your life! I want you to just keep standing there shaking like leaves!"

   "He's gone completely mad," Gajeel and Gabbey declared at the same time, watching as the raised arm of Droma suddenly lit up like a light. 

   "Be afraid, Dragon Wizards!" 

With that, he sent his arm down and into the ground. Purple light shot towards all of them, and instantly pain hit Gabbriel as she flew farther back. 

For once in her life of fighting, Gabbriel really wished they were fighting a man instead of a machine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 1.9K 22
Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, and Jellal just happen to find themselves, on a ship, in the middle of nowhere. Thanks to Natsu. And the people that caught them...
70.2K 2.1K 73
Hia! I'm Lilly!! I'm sixteen years old and I'm secretly an S rank wizard from Fairy tail or other known as Sparks. But people think I'm a fragile, we...
4.7K 115 10
As another problem came for Fairytail again Eight members were chosen to visit a total different world where magic does not exist... A world where on...
79.7K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...