Endless obsession

By shadowedeyes

6 months after the worst point of Alexandra's life, she's finally starting to get back to normal. She has her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 12

4.7K 177 24
By shadowedeyes

I woke up to the sound of something moving near my head. I opened my eyes and looked up at Maddie, I smiled at her.

"Morning sleepy head. Did you sleep good?" She said sitting next to me.

I nodded, "As good as I can in a hospital."

"Don't worry the nurse is coming to take your IV out in a little while. Then you'll be discharged and we can head home." She said smiling and patting my head.

I swatted her hand away and laughed. She laughed briefly and leaned back in the chair. I could see a pained expression on her face and bags under her eyes. It was obvious she hadn't slept the night before.

Sure enough, the nurse came in shortly after Maddie to take out my IV. Within 10 minutes I'd been discharged. I'd been given strict instructions from the doctor to drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest. He wrote me a note so I could stay home from school for the rest of the week.

"I'd also advise you to throw out any fruits or vegetables you have and purchase new ones. Just to be on the safe side." He said firmly.

I nodded, and waved to him as we left the room.

I couldn't thank Maddie enough for finding me, and staying with me while I was in the hospital. If it weren't for her, who knows how long I would have been laying on the floor. She really was a true best friend to me. I smiled and linked my arm with hers as we made our way to her car.

"I'm going to stay with you for a couple of days." Maddie told me as we got in the car.

"You don't have to Maddie. I'll be okay."

Maddie frowned, "I know I don't have to Alex, I want to. You need your rest, and I'm going to make sure you get it."

"Uh oh, Maddie is entering mom mode again." I chuckled.

"You bet your ass I am missy." She giggled.

Maddie proceeded to pull out of the parking lot and head home. She told me what I'd missed in class, and how Tracey had been transfered out after the incident with Mr. Gardner.

"He's been asking about you." Maddie said with a smirk.

"Who?" I scrunched up my nose.

"Mr. Xavier Gardner." She fanned her face, laughing all the while. I rolled my eyes.

Maddie laughed even louder, "Oh chill out, he was just asking how you were doing and told me to send you his well wishes. He really is a sweetheart."

I snorted and leaned against the window. Thankfully Maddie didn't press me on it. My last encounter with Mr. Gardner didn't go over so well, and I was becoming weary of him. Especially after the doctor told me I had elevated levels of pesticides in my system. Did he try to poison me? Or was it all really just an accident?

I'd spaced out completely until we arrived back at our apartment building. Maddie helped me up to my apartment, no matter how much I protested. It's not like I'd broken a limb, but she was just being cautious.

She made sure I was settled away before leaving for school. She took my doctor's note and promised to drop it off to the Principal. I thanked her and she left.

I picked up my phone and plugged it in. The screen turned on to reveal a missed message. I rolled my eyes when I saw it was from Xavier. I was reluctant to open it, but it's not like he'd know if I read it.

"Alexandra, please allow me to explain my behaviour. I understand how it may have seemed as if I were following you. But, I'd just left the library before you arrived. I knew Adrian was inside, so I feared he would harm you. I only want the best for you Alex. So, if you wish to end our relationship, I understand. -X"

I sighed in frustration. There he was pulling at my heartstrings all over again. Part of me didn't trust him, but the rest of me just wanted him. I stared at the screen for a long time before finally typing out a reply.

"I just need space. I won't be back in class until next week. Doctor's orders. Take care."

I threw my phone on the coffee table and rolled over on my side. My head was throbbing, I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep. Thankfully, I fell asleep almost instantly.

~*~

I woke up just as Maddie was getting back from school. She smiled and came over to sit by me on the couch.

She placed her hand on my forehead and frowned. "You're kind of warm. Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

I nodded and leaned my head on her shoulder. She filled me in on what I missed in class that day. Then proceeded to copy down her notes for me.

"Maddie you look exhausted. Why don't you go home and get some rest?" I asked, quickly scanning over the notes she'd just written for me.

"Alex.."

"I know you said you'd stay with me for a few days but I'm fine, really. You've been with me since Monday evening, you need some rest too. I promise if I need anything I'll call you." I pleaded, grabbing her hand in mine and squeezing it lightly.

We went back and forth like this for a least ten minutes before she sighed in defeat. I knew she was just trying to take care of me, but she has to take care of herself too.

I picked up my phone and went into my emails. I read over the one from Sargent Adams again. The conference call was set up for tomorrow at 4pm my time, which was 1pm in California. I chewed my lip nervously, I still wasn't sure about this. But I needed to know he was still in prison. Another email came in from Sargent Adams to confirm the time for tomorrow. I sent him back a quick email confirming it was still a go.

I have to do this, for my own sanity.

~*~

The next day rolled around quicker then I'd expected. I tossed and turned the entire night, no dreams entered my mind for the short time I did sleep. I pulled back my curtains only to be blinded by the sun. I squinted my eyes as I looked out the window. The sky was bright blue, and the sun had already risen above the horizon. A few birds sat in a tree outside my windows, singing soft melodies to each other. It was peaceful, I smiled at the innocence of it all. If only life were like this all the time, quiet and peaceful.

I grabbed my notebook and started reading over the material from yesterday. I was really thankful Maddie had copied them down for me, and even more so that her handwriting was legible.

*Ring* *ring*

I answer my phone without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Alexandra? Hey, how are you?" Xavier said quietly from the other end.

I sighed, "I'm okay. Did you need something?"

"Look, I was hoping we could talk. Are you free later this evening?"

I huffed, "I'm not actually."

He paused before answering, "Could you make time? It's kind of important."

"No Xavier, I can't. I've got something really important to do later-"

"Alex, please." He cut me off.

"Goodbye Xavier." I hung up and turned my phone off.

I closed my notebook and threw it back into my backpack. I couldn't believe how pushy Xavier was. What could possibly be so important that'd he expect me to cancel my plans.

I spent the next hour cleaning up around my apartment. Anything to keep my mind occupied, and off of Xavier.

I checked the time spastically, while setting up my laptop. My heart was racing, I wasn't sure if it was from excitement or utter fear. But, why would I be excited to see him? It was definitely fear, it had to be.

After a few more agonizing minutes crept by, I recieved a video call. I accepted it and was greeted by Sargent Adams.

He smiled warmly, "Good evening Miss Mills. How are you?"

I smiled nervously, "I-I'm okay."

He sighed, " Look Alex, you don't have to do this."

I nodded. " I know, but I need to for my own peace of mind."

" Well, are you ready?" He asked, I nodded.

Sargent Adams waved a hand too the side, beckoning someone to come over. My heart began racing as I watched him stand up. This is it I thought, I'd finally get my peace of mind back.

I watched as Sargent Adams led a prisoner in an orange jumpsuit to the chair. I could hear him whisper something, but I couldn't make out what he said. The man sat down and looked into the camera, a smile spread across his face.

"Alex, I've missed you." He said.

I stared at him for a moment, recognition not setting in right away.

"D-Derek?" I said barely above a whisper.

"Are you okay? I was so worried about you. They won't tell me where you are." He rambled.

Something seemed off, his voice seemed less gruff then I remember. Something about his face didn't seem right, I just couldn't place it.

"I'm fine. Are you.. okay?" I asked.

He smiled, " I'm fine now. You're just as beautiful as I remember Alexandra."

I could feel a slight blush creep onto my face. "T-thanks."

He chuckled, " Still shy I see. Why didn't you come see me in person?"

I froze, I wasn't expecting him to ask that. " I, um.. I thought this would be easier."

He brought his cuffed hands up and placed them on the table infront of him. He leaned forward into the light, giving me a better view of his face.

" You're afraid of me now, aren't you?" He spoke softly.

I shook my head rapidly. "N-No, I.. I just-"

"I know you're not in California Alex, if that's what you're afraid of telling me." He cut me off.

My whole body froze, how could he possibly have know that. Unless, someone told him.

He looked directly into the camera and smiled, " You can't hide anything from me Alex."

I stared at him on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Then it finally hit me, his eyes were the wrong color. They were brown, his eyes were grey the last time I saw him.

"Derek, are you wearing contacts?" I asked, confused.

He laughed menacingly, "He said you'd notice that. Don't worry Alex, I'll see you real soon."

My hand went up to my mouth to stifle a sob, tears started flowing down my cheeks.

"Okay that's enough, you're scaring the girl. Say goodbye Knowles." Sargent Adams snapped, grabbing Derek's shoulder.

He chuckled, " See you soon Alex."

Another guard walked in and lead him out. Sargent Adams sat down infront of the computer.

"Are you alright Alex?" He asked, concerned.

I nodded, "Yea, I-I have to go. Thanks Sargent Adams."

"Take care sweetie." He said ending the call.

As soon as the call ended I broke down crying. My peace of mind didn't come back as I thought it would. If anything, I was more scared now then I was before the call.

I knew something about Derek seemed off, but now I was 100% sure. That man, wasn't Derek. He always called me peaches, and his eyes were grey, not brown. His face may have looked the same but I knew it wasn't him.

I scrambled to grab my phone and dialed Maddie's number. She picked up on the first ring.

"Maddie!? He's not in jail, Derek is.."

"I know." Maddie cut me off.

"What!? How!?" I practically screamed.

"He's standing right infront of me."

___________________________________________

Hello readers! I'm sorry for the delay, I meant to have this out last week but hit writer's block. I hope you're still enjoying the story, I apologize for the cliff hanger, next chapter won't be far behind. If you like the story don't forget to like, comment and/or rate. I'd love to hear what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 3.6K 60
His hips snapped against mine in one smooth move and my eyes burned behind my lids as his big member stretched my virgin hole with no care. The move...
61.8K 1.2K 27
Have you ever been stalked by your teacher??... Well i have and this is my story on how my photography teacher became obsessed with me and started st...
1.6M 42.7K 48
Victoria Anderson is determined to finish college and make her parents proud. Finding love isn't on her list of priorities but she can't help the att...
2.2K 242 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...