BACK IN HIS ARMS | VKOOK

By _euphxriajjk_

┈ ✎ sequel to daddy issues!! "i thought this could have been our happy ending", taehyung finally said, surro... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
EPILOGUE

twenty-two

3.7K 254 288
By _euphxriajjk_

i'm so scared how you guys will react to what happens now 😭 pls dont hate on me or this book or anything i made the plot for daddy issues and its sequel a year ago i was young n dumb sksks

***

"Are you seriously gonna wear that?", Lyza scrunched her nose, leaning against the bathroom wall while watching Taehyung fiddling around with his tie. "Uhm- yeah?", the boy said and Lyza turned her head. She had her hair dyed back to blonde like she had as a teenager and now looked like some angel. "You look so fucking gay", Skylar sighed, shaking her head while eyeing Taehyung's green pants mixed with a red christmas shirt, a tie and a christmas hat placed on his head.

"I AM gay", Taehyung furrowed his brows, "How about you leave the bathroom for once and let me do my make up?"
"We could do it for you", Skylar offered with a lighthearted smile but Taehyung only gave her a tortured look. "No thank you", he said with a bitter smile. "You'd put red lipstick on me or some shit-"

"What's wrong with that?", Lyza chuckled.

"Just, everything. Are the kids ready?", he asked instead.
"They locked the door", Skylar rolled her eyes, "And they took Sam with them", Lyza added, looking over to Taejeon's bedroom slightly worried. "Oh", Taehyung let out, smiling a little.

"Everyone ready?", Taehyung then asked and turned around, his smile glowing like it hadn't in a while. Lyza let out a chuckle, "Looking good", she patted his cheek and then walked out of the bathroom, dragging Skylar along who only scoffed. "I'm looking better", she hummed to herself and Lyza only laughed about that. "Of course you do", she winked at the older girl and then headed to the kid's room. "We're leaving, get your ass out here Taejeon", Taehyung shouted at the door.

Five minutes later they opened the door slowly, Taejeon rolling out of his room with his wheelchair, Sam sitting on his lap.

They had put the small boy in a Santa outfit, put a beard on his chin and gave him a christmas hat along with boots. "Look what we found in the trash, it's Santa", Taejeon chuckled and Sam smiled brightly. He didn't understand that Taejeon just called him trash, he was just being happy because Lili and Taejeon spent their afternoon with him. And he liked the beard.

"Oh my god my poor baby", Skylar let out and ran over, grabbing her kid and pressed kisses to his forehead while Lili and Taejeon started laughing their asses off about Sam and his weird outfit.
Taehyung only rolled his eyes, "You two are horrible", he sighed and ruffled Taejeon's hair. "I know, learned it from my least favorite parent", Taejeon winked and gave Taehyung a bittersweet smile.

"That would be me", Lyza let out a sigh.
"What-, no", Taejeon blurted out. "You and Dad are my favorites. Lili is my second favorite Mommy and Taehyung is my least favorite Dad but what can I do, he won't leave me alone so."

For a second all of the adults in the room were shook, eyeing Taejeon with big eyes until Lili smacked his head in embarrassment, "Shut up", she sighed and gave the others an innocent smile, "He didn't mean the part about me."

"I did-", Taejeon said with his cocky attitude as usually and Taehyung could only smile. Sitting in front of Taejeon's door for two days straight, talking about how much he loved him really did help. He at least respected him as a parent, even if he was his least favorite one.

"There was a time when he was your favorite", Lyza reminded the kid. By now they reached the car and Lyza and Taehyung were placing the kid in his seat and put the wheelchair in the back. "I know right", Taejeon hummed, "Unbelievable."
Lili leaned back on her seat next to him and shook her head, "He still talks about the fun things y'all did when he was younger, he can't hate you that much don't worry Tae", the kid said slowly, "He's just mad at the world lately."

"Yeah because the world sucks a lot", Taejeon let out, smile fading away. "It does", Sam agreed quietly. "I want McDonalds but Mom says it's unhealthy."

"SAME", Taejeon squeaked out and his eyes widened. "Let's go to McDonalds", Taejeon decided but Taehyung didn't reply, he just drove right to the hospital. "It's Christmas Eve, we won't eat McDonalds-", Lyza sighed. "Even though I love it."

"Now we know where that McDonalds love comes from", Skylar chuckled, "It's in your DNA-"
Taejeon and Sam scrunched their noses, "Ew stop", Taejeon said and Sam nodded, "I refuse to believe I have the same DNA as the big head over there", Taejeon said and pointed at Sam. Sam nodded, "I think it is cool but I am the upgrade."

"Woah-", Lyza let out. Skylar and Taehyung smiled a little and for a moment everything felt alright.

The past week all of them had spent together. Skylar refused to leave Lyza by herself after she found her with Taehyung and Finn. They called the police and since that day, the cops were searching for the guy. Taehyung told Lyza to stay at the apartment and so did Skylar with Lili and Sam. It just made sense because Taejeon kept getting better and better with every day he had Lili by his side. The girl kept pushing him out of bed in the mornings and took him out for walks even though he wasn't able to walk. Taejeon wasn't mad at Taehyung and his mother anymore after Skylar was there because there was no interaction which made him afraid of losing any of them. Lyza slept on the couch together with Skylar, Lili slept in Taejeon's room and Sam wanted the king size bed of Jungkook, so he got to share the bed with Taehyung.

And it was fine, everyone felt okay again. It wasn't as lonely and scary anymore like it was before because they had each other. Just that the happiness was missing. And they were pretty sure, happiness was called Jungkook and laid in the hospital bed right in front of them right now.

Jungkook had his eyes shut peacefully, chest moving calmly and his breath going smoothly through the oxygen mask. "Merry Christmas, Baby", Taehyung hummed and the others stayed back, letting him go first.
They all had someone to hold hands with right now, Lili was holding Taejeon's and Sam stood on the floor, holding Lyza's and Skylar's hand while looking up at Jungkook. "Is uncle Jungkook waking up today?", the small boy asked with big eyes.
Taehyung shook his head, "No, but we'll stay with him because Christmas isn't Christmas without him."

Sam nodded, "Okay, can I give him my present first."
"You have a present for him?", Skylar asked amused. No one actually thought that Sam even understood the whole drama around Jungkook. "Of course, I have presents for everyone", the kid explained with a big smile between his puffy cheeks. He grabbed his little bag and pulled out a flower he had made out of paper. He waddled over to Jungkook and put it on his nightstand, "This is because winter will be over soon and with flowers comes happiness", he said proudly, "I think Jungkook looks like a flower."

"How does he look like a flower", Taejeon rolled his eyes, "Go away, gnarf. I want to give my present to MY Dad now", he explained and got to Jungkook's bed. "Dad", he said softly, "I know you're still in there", he hummed and tapped his father's chest, "I think you slept enough, it's time to wake up so I bought you an alarm clock."
The kid explained and pulled out a small alarm clock and placed it on Jungkook's pillow. "It plays One Direction, I know you hate it."

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle, "Taejeon can't you be nice for one goddamn day-"

"No, I can't. Can you?", Taejeon smiled at Taehyung and tilted his head innocently.
Taehyung shook his head amused and then sat down on one of the chairs. Jihyo and Namjoon seriously built up a small christmas tree for them in Jungkook's room and put up some fairylights. "I wish he could see all of this", Taehyung hummed and Lyza nodded, "He would love it so much.."

"He would want them in pink thought", Lili said and grinned, "I remember one day when he took me and Taejeon to the mall he insisted on buying me a pink dress even though I hate girly things. He bought a pink shirt for himself and told me that we're not gonna match then."
Lyza laughed out softly, "God, he's still into matching stuff? I remember he wanted to wear couple shirts one day to school but I told him no and he got so upset-"

"Yeah he wanted me and Taejeon to match with him when we go to the school dance together."
"Why was Jungkook even with you there?", Lyza tilted her head amused.

"He said he never had a good time at a highschool dance, so Taejeon and I took him with us-", Lili smiled. "He got so excited that he danced with the losers", Taejeon rolled his eyes, "Kinda embarrassing but since then our school loves him and he's always invited everywhere-"

Skylar and Lyza chuckled while Taehyung could only smile and stare at the christmas tree, "God I wish I would've been able to wear matching stuff with Jungkook to highschool dances", Taehyung whispered, wiping a small tear away which was falling down his cheek.

.

.

"Well, how about we wear matching stuff for Christmas next year---"

.

.

"Oh my- no way", Taejeon turned around slowly, mouth falling open.
Taehyung bursted out in tears the second he heard this voice and Lyza covered her mouth in shock.

It had been four weeks. Four goddamn weeks.

.

"Hi", Jungkook smiled weakly, trying to lift his head from the pillow to look at all of them. "Kookie", Taehyung let out and got up, rushing over to the bed, tears still bursting out as if they would never stop. "Oh my dear lord", he said again and cried and cried and cried. "Thank you thank you thank you", he pressed kisses to Jungkook's cheek. "Thank you god-"

Jungkook was a little overwhelmed, head hurting like shit but his smile was bigger than ever. Taejeon lifted himself out of his wheelchair as well and crawled onto the bed, snuggling underneath his father's blanket. The boy was crying as well while hugging Jungkook so tight.
Skylar stuck her head out of the door to call a doctor.

Sam was crying and clapping his hands.

"Is it christmas already", Jungkook asked dryly, smile fading away when he realised how much he had missed. "It is and we received the best present ever", Lyza hummed and got up, leaning down and gave Jungkook a forehead kiss.
Kook flinched, eyes going wide and immediately glancing to Taehyung, scared of what he would do but Taehyung stayed calm, inhaling deeply.
"Glad you're back, Koo", Lyza smiled and winked at him. "Your men have been exhausting."

Jungkook looked utterly confused.
Taehyung was still crying and hugging Jungkook like there was no tomorrow, "I thought you weren't coming back to me ever again", he let out weakly through his tears.

"I was there all the time, I heard a lot", Jungkook hummed, "How long have I been gone?"
"Four weeks", Lyza hummed, ruffling his hair. The girl still couldn't believe that Jungkook was awake and talking to them.

But for now they had to stop because the door bursted open and Namjoon ran in, followed by Jihyo. Jihyo broke into tears the second she saw Taejeon and Taehyung clinging onto Jungkook who was very much awake. Maybe there was hope for this little family.
"Namjoon? What are you doing here?", Jungkook asked confused. "Long story", Namjoon said and then started to do his check ups on him. "What story?", Jungkook asked again.

"It's not important", Namjoon hummed, "All that's important is that you're awake, Kook."

Jungkook gulped and nodded, still confused.

"What did even happen?", he asked slowly. "I can't remember anything-"

"What's the last thing you remember, Dad?", Taejeon asked slowly and Jungkook scratched his neck.

"I have no idea when Taejeon grew so big and who all those people in here are but I remember that I did a huge mistake and-"
"What mistake?", Taehyung asked quietly.

"I can't say it", he said and looked at Lyza. He gulped dryly and then smiled at her, "Why?"
"Because my girlfriend is right here?!??!", Jungkook asked confused, "I don't get it-, what happened-"

"Your girlfriend?", Taehyung asked slowly and Lyza's eyes went big.

"Jungkook? Where do you think we are?"

"In the hospital?"
"No, I mean the place. Which city-"

"Seoul?", Jungkook looked more confused than ever, "How old are you?", Taehyung now asked and Jungkook let out a sigh, "Can you stop playing me-, what the fuck.."

"No, seriously..", Lyza said slowly.
"I just turned 20?", Jungkook looked at the others but everyone just kept shaking their heads and Namjoon gulped dryly, knowing exactly what this accident did to Jungkook's head.

Lyza gasped and Taehyung could feel tears coming up, "Jungkook, who do you love?"
Jungkook looked at him, not getting why Taehyung was asking this question.

"Lyza? Obviously?"

Lyza and Taehyung turned their heads towards each other and Taehyung got out of the bed.
Namjoon gulped, "Sometimes if the brain takes damage from an accident, they only remember the things that coined them the most, that meant the most. Especially after a coma, it happens--" he explained and sighed.

"He forgot about us", Taehyung said slowly.
"Us?", Jungkook looked at him confused, "I didn't forget about us, Tae, you're my best friend and you'll always be-"

Lyza bit her lips and looked down to her feet.
"Is there a way he can get his memory back?"

"Sometimes memories come back with time or things they recognize", Namjoon hummed. "They can but it's not guaranteed that they will."

Taehyung turned his head away. 

The things that meant the most.
And Jungkook remembered Lyza.

***

there's a happy end to this book btw please dont leave

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5.2K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
38.4K 2.2K 39
(Taejin Fanfic) "Can you please stop hurting yourself and accept that you love me?" "Why? So that I can hurt you as well? No. I don't want to." "You...
73K 2.1K 25
⚠️BEING EDITED⚠️ Originally named : YOU SHOT HIM! Tae has an abusive father and because of that he harms himself, but he tries to hide it from Jungk...
21.7K 1K 16
(COMPLETED) "Tae are you leaving again?" In which Jungkook is always ignored by his husband Taehyung. Only because of one thing that impossible to h...