Seeing Double

By AMAC45

11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

55

5.6K 171 30
By AMAC45

Astrid's POV

"Stay awake for me baby." Tobin says. "We gotta get going."

"Okay." I sleepily mumble as Tobin finishes dressing me. "Stupid early surgery."

"You can sleep later." Tobin says and intertwines our hands.

Tobin leads me out of the room and down to the lobby where we are met by the whole team.

"Hi?" I say.

"Ready to go?" Alyssa asks.

"Uh?"

"Oh we're all going." Mal says.

"Well okay then." I say then all of us pile into the vans and head off to the hospital.

Tobin is driving our van which includes Kelley, Christen, Alex, Ash, Ali, and Alyssa.

As Tobin is driving she reaches over and grabs my hand then she brings it to her lips and kisses it. She then rests my hand on her thigh before she wordlessly rubs my knuckles the rest of the way to the hospital.

"You ready?" Tobin asks after she's parked.

"I guess." I mumble then get out of the car and walk into the Hospital.

I check in at the front desk then I go sit and wait for my name to be called.

"O'HARA." Someone yells.

I along with everyone from the team get up and walk towards the door.

"Family only." The nurse says.

"They are family." I say.

"Well okay then." The nurse says with a small smile then motions us into the surgery prep area.

We follow the nurse to the large corner room and everybody files inside.

"Please put that gown on then get on the bed." The nurse says then she leaves.

I grab the gown then head to the bathroom and change out of my clothes and into the gown. I tie the gown in the back then I return to the room and lay on the bed.

"Here." Tobin says and covers me in warm blankets.

"That's nice." I mumble.

A couple minutes later the nurse come in the room and starts the IV then an anesthesiologist and my surgeon come in and explain the surgery.

"When will we be able to see her again?" I hear Kelley say.

"Around 2 pm." The surgeon dude says so I pull on Tobin's hand.

"Yes?" Tobin says.

"I love you." I sleepily mumble.

"I love you Astrid." Tobin says then she kisses my forehead.

"We're ready Doctor." A nurse says.

Everyone hugs me and one by one they leave then some nurse rolls me back to the OR which is filled with about 8 people. Once I'm where I need to be the anesthesiologists appears over me and place's a mask over my mouth and nose.

"Count back from a hundred." The anesthesiologists says.

Nah fuck that.

I'm just gonna sleep.

- - - - -

Tobin's POV

"Alright." Ali says after four hours of waiting in the waiting room. "We aren't going to be able to see Astrid for another 2 hours so why don't half of us go get something to eat then when we get back the other half goes?"

"Sounds like a plan." Pinoe says.

"You want anything Tobs?" Ash asks.

"Um..." I say and look up at the keeper. "Just...just get me whatever you think I'll like."

"I got ya." Ash says with a smile.

I try to smile back, but I'm too worried so I just put my head in my hands and rest my elbows on my knees.

"Hey." Ash says and squats in front of me so I look at her. "Astrid is right where she needs to be. These are some of the best surgeons in the world and they will take real good care of Astrid. Besides, this is Astrid we're talking about. That girl played a World Cup semi final while basically on her death bed...she'll be okay."

I try to say something, but I don't trust my voice so I just smile and nod

"We'll be back soon."

Ash and some other people on the team leave then Mal comes over and plops her self down in my lap.

"Hey Mal." I say and wrap my arms around the youngster.

"Hi." Mal says then she leans her head on my shoulder. "Astrid's going to be okay right?"

"God I hope so." I say.

Mal and I sit in silence for a while until the people that went for food return then we eat the food they got for us.

After I've eaten I stare at the wall for a while until I hear a voice speak.

"Family of Astrid O'Hara."

"Yes." I say and get out of my chair then approach the surgeon. "We're her family."

"The surgery was a success and we believe we were able to catch the cancer in time."

WELL THANK FUCK FOR THAT.

"...She's in her room and if you'd like I can take you all to her."

"Yes please." Mal says.

"Follow me please." The surgeon says then we follow him through the hospital to Astrid's room.

Once at the room I go in first and sit down next to my keeper.

"Toby." Astrid says with a dopey smile.

"Hi baby." I say and kiss her head. "How are you feeling?"

"Fuzzy." Astrid says then she giggles and looks at Kelley. "Kelley are we quadruplets?"

"No?" Kelley says. "Why?"

"There's three of you." Astrid says and giggles again.

"You're a dork." Kelley says.

"Where's Mom?"

"It's storming in Atlanta so their plane is grounded."

"Stupid mother nature." Astrid mumbles.

The whole team sit around the room and we listen as Astrid babbles on about any and everything

"Toby." Astrid says, but I can tell she's trying to whisper.

"Yes?" I say with a smile

"I'm gonna marry you one day."

"Oh you are?" I question with a smile then look at everyone who are as amused as me.

"Shhhhh" Astrid says. "Don't tell Toby."

"Okay Astrid." I say with a smile. "I'll be sure not to let her know."

"Yay." Astrid says with a smile. "Oh also don't tell her, but she has a really cute butt."

"You're such a dork." Kelley says.

"Meanie." Astrid says with a pout.

"Oh hush." Kelley says.

Astrid keeps pouting so Kelley points at me.

"Look Astrid. It's Tobin."

Astrid looks at me and immediately smiles.

"Hi Toby." Astrid says.

"Hi baby." I say and kiss her hand.

"You're so pretty." Astrid says making me blush.

"You should see my view." I say as my girlfriend looks around the room.

"Mal Pal." Astrid says and smiles at Mal.

"Hi Astrid." Mal says.

Astrid continues talking to everyone while I just stare at her and everyone once in a while I kiss her hand just to calm my nerves. I also only have on thought on my mind.

I need to buy Astrid a ring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 848 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
Journey By Alex

Fanfiction

137K 4.7K 78
Everyone has a story Everyone has trials Everyone has tribulations Everyone has a Journey Welcome to mine
459K 14.4K 154
In Emma's 21 years of living she has been to hell and back. She relies on a handful of people to keep her going. When one of them breaks her who will...
19.2K 578 10
Paris and Luna are just starting Sophomore year of high school. They both love music and they both love soccer. Which path will they choose to follow...