The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

By themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... More

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
9 | High & Mighty
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
17 | Her Majesty
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
26 | Feel Special
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
30 | Refugees
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
34 | Reali-tea
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
37 | Reunion Gone Wrong
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
43 | It's almost Time
44 | New Life Begins
45 | The Happy Ending

31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here

13.8K 724 63
By themoonlightdemon

THIRD PERSON POV

Kathryn sighed heavily when she finally was given some time off from the former empress. She rests her head on the table while ignoring the fact that her attending maids are literally making a joke about it.

"Very funny," the maids chuckles.

"Buy it is funny, your grace. Just look at the mess you've done. You almost threw the food to her majesty! Luckily she was that agile to avoid being hit by you," Kathryn puffed her cheek before turning her head away.

"I'm sorry your grace. We didn't mean to make fun of you but it's just too funny," the maids' giggles while they clean the mess that Kathryn had done.

"Why do I have to learn how to use chopstick? I don't see the need of it," the maids clears their throat.

"It may seem like the things her majesty has been teaching you doesn't have any significant if becoming an empress but when you think about the future, you may have to entertain guests from a foreign country who only use chopsticks to eat. Since you are the future empress, you don't want to be rude by not joining your guest in using chopsticks as well, right?" Kathryn then realised the connection.

"And to learn equestrian skills is not silly like you said. The art of riding a horse means a lot for nobility. It is one of the ways to know how that person truly is," Kathryn seem confused.

"Why would an image of me riding a horse tell someone who I truly am? That's something you two made up, right?" Kathryn chuckles. The maids didn't laugh at all.

"Now you two decided not to laugh?" The maids look at each other before facing Kathryn.

"Your grace, aren't you listening in class when her majesty explained to you the importance of everything before she actually taught you?" Kathryn looks away from facing her attending maids. She can't let them know she's actually blank out the whole time.

"Duchess Kathryn." One of them called her out.

"Alright! I'm sorry! The lesson is boring and my mind couldn't help but blank out every time she starts talking about the lesson," the maids' gasps at the fact.

"But how is it that you manage to bring yourself and recall everything that her majesty had taught you in official gathering?" Kathryn explained how she's been using her instincts all this time.

"I just have to be a snob, right? So it works out perfectly," the maids bow when they saw the former empress walks into the room with her hands cross on her chest.

"So I've been teaching a brick wall all this time?" Kathryn freezes up when she heard Violette's voice behind her.

"I don't know if I should be angry or sad at this moment. And here I thought there is no one worst than Madeline when it comes to learning how to be a lady," Violette sigh heavily. Kathryn stood up from her seat and bows her head.

"I'll forgive you this time. For bowing at me and for wasting my time. Since the traditional way doesn't work out for you, why don't we try the other way to learn?" Kathryn raised an eyebrow.

"I want you to host a soirée on my behalf. We would invite that many people. Just a small group of friends. That way I can assess you by watching you closely. It wouldn't be that hard, right? You used to host this kind of soirée in Le Stella, correct?" Kathryn wanted to shake her head no but she doesn't want to disappoint her majesty even more.

There's no way she can say that she was never given the chance to host any soirée for the nobility. She nods her head.

"Good. I'm sure your attending maid will be helping you. I'll ask my advisor to provide you with the numbers and information that you may need. Au revoir," Violette smiles at her dishevelled daughter in law before excusing herself.

"Was that wise, your majesty? She is now on her knees thinking how to make it all possible. She is just beginning to learn how to be noble? Unlike others, she never receives any proper education of how to become an upper-class citizen," Violette smiles at her advisor.

"I think she has what it takes to perform this challenge. I was never wrong before. I was right about Tatiana and Alexei before they used my son for their own selfish reason. For Kathryn, it seems she has no idea how to use him yet. Hell, I don't think she will ever know. The way she treats the emperor is different than all the woman who ever got close to him before," the former empress smiled.

"What they share is pure love. Not once I ever heard my son complaining like when he was with Tatiana or Alexei. For that, I am really grateful. Besides, never once Kathryn ever looks down on the servants in the palace. She treated them equally and for that, they respect her and every time she's in trouble, they are there to back her up," the advisor gave the former empress her approval.

"Well, if her majesty sees her as worthy to be tested for once last time, then I see how I can help her from behind the scene. This won't be like the other soirée I'm sure but this will be the moment where Duchess Kathryn shall decide how she wants the nobles to see her as their empress. After all, Gralia royalty is famous for their soirée and hospitality," the former empress looks at the portrait of her and her husband, former emperor Ferdinand.

"I think she'll do great. Besides, I have faith that she will be even better than I was. Her heart is kinder and it really compliments my son so in many ways. I'm sure she will be the voice of reason in this marriage," Violette smiled wide.

"Should I invite the countess, your mother, your highness?" Violette had a deep thought for a moment before nodding her head.

"I think it's about time for Kathryn to meet Alvia's grandparents. While at it, why don't we invite Ferdinand's mother as well? I'm sure she would love to join in our soirée," the advisor chuckles.

"Are you positive? To have the countess and the former emperor's mother in the same room?" Violette waved it off.

"Even though they have a different mindset, they share the same feeling when it comes to their grandchildren. I'm sure they can put aside their differences just for the soirée," Violette assured her advisors.

But deep down, she prays that it will end well.

***

It's the day of the soirée and Kathryn is ready to rest right here and right now. Alvia walks into their bedroom and was surprised to see Kathryn lay on her front on top of their bed.

"It was that bad? I feel like I haven't seen you at all this whole week. Was my mother being too hard on you, my empress?" Kathryn waved her hands around. When Alvia chuckles at her fiancée antic, Kathryn turned around to face her.

"Of course you find my misery entertaining. Did your mother tell you and she invited the emperor's mother and the countess, your grandmothers? I can't mess up or they will see me not worthy to be your wife," Kathryn sigh heavily.

"They won't. Trust me. My grandmothers have always been fighting along with each other but when it comes to their grandchildren happiness, they can agree with one another," Kathryn scoffed.

"They arrived from their duchy yesterday. I didn't even get to say anything when they already at each other's throat. I ... I yelled at them for being such a child and now I'm sure hey will hate me for sure," Alvia's eyes widen.

"You yelled at my grandmothers?" Kathryn looks away from meeting the emperor's eyes.

"And you live to tell the tale? How did you do it? I mean I've been wondering how you manage to make the palace's staff follow whatever you're saying because none of them even follow Tatiana's orders before," Kathryn finally got up and face the emperor.

"By being kind to one another. Tell me, do you like being told what to do and then get yelled at for someone stupid? Of course not! All you have to do is being kind. That way they will return the gesture," Alvia laughs at how positive her fiancée is.

"My empress, you'll make a great ruler. But remember, kindness can only give you part of the things you want. Sometimes you need to be stern and sometimes you need to be the bad guy.  But I'm sure you have every reason for whatever feeling you'll be having. And I'll be here standing behind me all the way," Alvia leans in to kiss Kathryn on her forehead for good luck.

"Alvia, I heard that you had a talk with Frederick about being the refugees into this land," Alvia sigh when she pulled away from Kathryn's forehead.

"So you heard huh? I have to. He's risking himself for bringing the orphans. I admit that he's doing something noble by helping all of those kids but is it really worth it to risk your own life? Don't get me wrong, I'll do the same when it comes for me to do so but for him to do it without telling me, I'm hurt," Kathryn tilted her head.

"So basically you only do what you did because he lied to you?" Alvia nod.

"Alvia, he only did it because he believes he can. As you said, you'll do the same. So why do you have to be so hard on him for doing something that is right?" Alvia looks down on her thigh.

As much as she hates to admit it, she's being a lectured by her fiancée right now.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?" Alvia nods.

"Good. Because I want you to apologise to him. Not as the emperor but as his best friend. You guys have been friends since you guys were kids. Is it really wise to jeopardise that friendship over something this childish?" Alvia laughs while Kathryn being serious.

It annoys her when Alvia being funny when it's obviously time for being serious.

"What so funny?" Kathryn crosses her hands while raised an eyebrow at her fiancée.

"I have a slight idea of how you manage to control my grandmothers. I have no doubt you'll be a great empress," Alvia took both of Kathryn's hands into hers.

"I will find Frederick after this. You don't have to worry about my friendship with him," Alvia proceeds to kiss both of Kathryn's hands. Kathryn blushed in a deep shade of red.

"Anyway, why are you here? Usually, you'll be in the office right now," Alvia suddenly remembered why she came to find Kathryn.

"Oh! I was going to tell you and I'll be attending the soirée as well. My mother asked me to free my schedule for today," Kathryn raised an eyebrow.

"Why? I'm sure you have far more important matters to attend to," Alvia lean back before crosses her hands on her chest.

"Are you saying that your soirée is not important for me? That's not how I see it, my empress," Kathryn seem confused.

"Do you have any idea who will be attending this soirée? Sure, you can call them as a family friend that close to my mother but they're also the wives and the next heir to prominent families. My presence is somehow to assured then that even the emperor has some time to greet his guests while my future wife is their host. This soirée sometimes become the place where an important decision will be made. For example ..."

"The orphans and refugees. I know. I have been practicing," Alvia smiled at her empress.

"I'm not trying to put the burden onto your shoulder. But it is part of your job to make sure that those kids and refugees have a place they can call home. Sure we can provide them with whatever we can give them but as the ruler, you need everyone's support especially the Malvin sisters," Kathryn sighs heavily.

Alvia smiled.

"Please don't sigh. I'll be there with you and so does Natania, Veronica and Luna. They will be acting as your advisor because they have attended this kind of soirée since they were a child. Also because we haven't found you a suitable advisor yet but I think I may have a candidate for it," Alvia look at her wristwatch.

"It's time. Let's go and greet your guests. We can't afford to be fashionably late. This is your soirée," Alvia stood up from the bed. She offers her hand for Kathryn to take.

"Let's do this," Kathryn took Alvia's hands. Alvia bows her head a little before leading her fiancée to the garden where their guests are waiting. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 10.6K 31
Male Omegas are a rare sight and highly revered amung the nobles. It is believed that they produce superior offspring. So, when Emperor Enji Todoroki...
618K 20.5K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
25.5K 2.1K 16
How can an omega know for certain it's love and not just pheromones? Ed's grandma made him memorize a verse in Corinthians to guide him, but knowing...
6.9K 230 9
(Y/N) aka you are a Blue emperor penguin, a unique species and proclaimed as the last of your kind due to there being no more Blue emperors anymore...