♡《Crystal Shards》♡ (Spinel x...

By Midnight-Drawing77

♡《Steven Universe AU》♡ Sometimes shattered things can be good or bad. The shards and pieces may have been eit... More

Sneak Peek
《Prologue》
《Ch.2》+ Digital Art
《Ch.3》+ Digital Art
《Ch.4》+ Preview Art
《Ch.5》+ Digital Art
《Ch.6》+ Digital Art
《Ch.7》+ Digital Art
《Ch.8》+ Digital Art
《Sneek Peak》+ Digital Art
《Ch.9》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.10》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.11》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.12》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.13》+Dig.Art
《Ch.14》+ Dig.Art
♡《Spinel's Outfits》♡ + Dig.Art
《Ch.15》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.16》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.17》+ Dig.Art
[A/N] + New SU Story + Dig.Art
《Ch.18》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.19》+ Prev.Art
《Ch.20》+ Dig.Art.

《Ch.1》+ Digital Art

4.4K 97 168
By Midnight-Drawing77

_____________
~¤♡¤~
Chapter 1
Spinel's Arrival
_____________

Seagulls glide across the blue waters of the ocean, squawking to each other while heading in the direction of what could possibly free food. The noon high sun reflecting its surface as the waves try to stretch as far as it can on land. Slipping across the warm golden sand.

The seagulls flutter down where a slightly busy boardwalk stood, showing many things that consist of food places and a funland full of fun rides and games. It all stayed in front of the slightly small city. Known as Beach City.

Amongst the inhabitants, it not only bared humans, but extraterrestrial life called Gems. They lived with everyone and seemed to have harbored a home next to this city called Little Homeworld. Very fitting, especially for a location on this planet that is known for its weirdness. Aka, Gems with many abilities that no human could possess.

Well, expect for a gem/human hybrid.

That someone is Steven Universe.

"AUGH! Noooohooo!" A short purple gem whines while watching a seagull take off with her food. "Stupid Seagulls. I'm going after him!"

A hand is placed on her shoulder and sits her back down. "Ah, ah, ah, ah. No, Amethyst. We can't have another army of animals attacking us for a week straight." The tall and lanky gem scolds.

"Gee, you're no fun. Oh look at me! I'm Pearl and I hate to have fun." Amethyst mocks and laughs at Pearl's pouting look.

"I don't hate fun. I'm just being cautious and looking out for our safety." Pearl crosses her arms and leans forward on the patio table.

Another gem with shades silently chuckles, "She's just being Pearl, Amethyst."

Amethyst snorts and jumps away from the table, "Yeah, yeah. I'm getting more food."

Pearl sighs and looks at the other gem, "Garnet, have you seen Steven?"

Garnet smiles knowingly, "Of course I have. I seen him with Connie at the restrooms."

At her reply, the familiar teen with a yellow star upon his shirt comes around the corner and takes a seat at the table. "Hey, guys! Anything exciting happen while I was gone?" Near the corner of his mouth was something stained red, almost looking like lipstick to Pearl.

She gasped, "Steven Universe! Don't tell me you making out with Connie this whole time?!"

Steven's face suddenly turns red, "Wh-what?! No! I was helping Connie wash off face paint we got at the Funland Fair! I promise!" Why would Pearl accuse him of such a thing? It was totally embarrassing to him. Sure he loved Connie and gave small smooches here and there, but not that far.

Beside him, Garnet was trying not to laugh.

The other human female and Steven's girlfriend, finally came around the corner and she sits down. "Steven, I think the some of the paint dripped of the paper towel." Connie proved that point by trying to wipe off a black splotch on her light colored shirt. Finally she looked up and raises a brow at the blushing boy. "You alright?"

"Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Steven laughed nervously. Luckily, his phone went off and he answered it after looking at the ID. "Hey, Peridot. How's it-"

"JUST GET DOWN HERE TO LITTLE HOMEWORLD WARP PAD!" Peridot shouted and clearly seemed annoyed before hanging up.

"Huh. I guess something is going on at Little Homeworld. You guys ready?" Steven grins.

Connie groans when her phone goes off this time, "I forgot. I need to help my mom at the hospital."

"Learning medical attention is very important, Connie. I'm sure you can stop by after you're done. We're just one call away." Pearl reassures and stands up.

"You're right." Connie turns to Steven, "I'll see you later, okay?" Quickly, she gives a peck nose the corner of his mouth, "Love ya."

Steven's eyes widen and he turns with a hand to his cheek. A lovestruck smile appears on his face as he looks back at Connie while she waves. "Love you too."

"Gross." Amethyst says, seeming to have come back with a basket of fries. "Can we leave now?"

~°☆°~

Once Steven and the Crystal Gems made it to Little Homeworld. They head over to Bismuth's home where the giant Warp Pad sat. Also four familiar gems that Steven is friends with.

Three of them consisted of their own team, this was Lapis Lazuli, Bismuth; and the short pouting gem; Peridot. Finally the last gem had been someone who Steven didn't think would visit so soon. Well, it had been a month or two since he'd last seen her.

Spinel spots Steven after rolling her eyes at Peridot and her mood brightened a little more, yet nervous. She gave am awkward salute to him and the Crystal Gems.

"Oh my gosh! Hey, Spinel!" Steven runs up excitedly, "Wow! You look amazing."

A bashful blush appearing on her cheeks, Spinel chuckles lightly, "Thanks. I thought I needed a new look. Blue Pearl helped and Pink Pearl gave the colors." She rubs the back of her head.

"That's great! I'm really happy you're getting along with them. Are the Diamonds treating you well?" Steven panics, "They didn't send you away, did they?"

Spinel blinks at Steven and tries not to think about that way, but-

Pearl walks up, "Actually, Steven. There is a reason why I told you to meet us at the boardwalk. Yellow Pearl told us that Spinel will be visiting while the Diamonds were off on business. It shouldn't take more than two days time."

This news brought another smile to Steven, "Really? That's great! Spinel, you are going to have so much fun here. There won't be a time that you'll be alone unless you need space." He places a hand on the pink hearted gem's shoulder.

It had been a nerve wracking start right now, especially warping here alone. Maybe Spinel should've asked if Pink Pearl would've come, but she usually helps White Diamond or the other Pearls. Steven had no negative emotion to her, neither did the gems, Garnet, Amethyst, and Bismuth. Pearl seemed slightly cautious along with Lapis. Peridot? Well, Spinel kinda made a first bad impression on accident by calling her Shorty. Unfortunately the green gem didn't take it so kindly.

'It can't be hard getting along with them. Just as long as Steven is around, I think I can manage.' Spinel thought and takes a small breath, "I hope to have some fun." She grins shyly.

Garnet and Pearl were talking with Lapis, Peridot and Bismuth as Amethyst ate her fries off to the side.

"I guess, you'll be staying with us. If you're going to be visiting often then there's a possibility we can help build you a house." Steven gently leads Spinel forward the boardwalk.

The events that happened back when the Injector existed didn't seem to affect these humans much. Actually, no one knew who it was that attacked Beach City. All they knew was that it was a gem. It felt a little weird to Spinel as she casually walked with Steven and past all these humans and they weren't looking at her.

It didn't stop the anxiety rising in her chest and feeling ready run if anyone showed any hostility.

Though after half way to the Steven's house, Spinel finally got a good look around at everything. Especially the humans or a few gems wearing clothes that humans wore. That brought her gaze down to her attire.

"Hm....so how long are you staying?" Steven asked while they stop near his dad's car wash.

Spinel shrugs, "Just until the Diamonds are done with business. I didn't expect this at all, but they thought it was good that I made friends."

"Well, that's good for you and lucky for all of us, I may have just thing to do. I need to get everyone to hang out again, so..." Steven pulls out his phone and types away, "...We'll play a game of baseball. That way, ALL of us can play."

At the word play, it gave mixed emotions to the pink hearted gem. Excitement and hesitance. She just stuck with the first option as best as she could. Plus the curiosity rose from the name of the game. One that must have required many others to join. She hoped to learn more as Steven went on about many other fun things to do.

~°♡°~

Spinel sat patiently on Steven's couch and examined the home. She had wondered what Steven talked about. Something about a PHONE? For her? With a raised brow at the thumping from upstairs, she heard Steven shout in triumph.

"Found it!" The said teen boy bounded down the steps.

A small rectangular device is held out to Spinel and she takes it cautiously. The front had a black reflective surface and the rest was a dark and light plum color.

"This used to be mine, but as you can see." Steven explained and pulled out his new one, "I got a new one, so you can have that one now. I'm sure you'll love it and get the hang of it."

Not really interested in the phone at the moment, Spinel puts it away in her gem just as the Crystal Gems come in.

"Where are we playing Baseball?" Amethyst smirks and picks up a baseball bat, "I'm ready to kick butt."

After a few mentioned places, they all agreed on the fields near where Lapis and Peridot's barn is. There was enough space and clearance so no one got hurt by the gems strength and such. Throughout the whole drive in Pearl's "Mini Van". Spinel had been quiet. Only occasionally smiling or giving short answers if included in the conversations.

It felt calm and none of them didn't pressure her into anything.

This place had amazing views and Spinel wondered if there was more to this place than meets the eye. She couldn't believe she almost destroyed it. 'No. Stop it.' Spinel scolds herself and clenches seatbelt across her chest.

'Is it too much to ask for someone who wouldn't treat me normally without guilt or the need to be replaced by anyone else?'

Soon everyone had met up and began to set the field. While they were doing that, Spinel strolled some distance away and pulled out a Diamond Communicator from her gem. The device is turned so all the three colors match to form complete diamonds.

A screen appears and the face of the three Diamonds were smiling at their Dearest Spinel.

"HELLOOO~ My Diamonds!" Spinel sung out and giggles, "How is the trip going?"

The three Diamonds chuckled at her. She noticed Peridot yelling around again as Amethyst impersonated her for fun. Both gems running around the field. Spinel smiles at the scene.

"It's so boring without you!" White's slight whine brought her attention to the Diamonds. "I wouldn't have mind if you snuck on the ship."

Blue laughed softly and Yellow beamed, still trying to keep her stoic stance. "White is correct. Maybe we should've took you with us."

Spinel waves a hand comically, "Aw, no worries. There's always a next time and many after that. Oh! I can even show you fun games and stuff I learned while being here with Steven! I bet you'll love it!"

"Spinel!" Steven called and waved his arms while jumping up and down.

Spinel now has her full attention on him, then to Amethyst who shouted with her hands cupping around her mouth. "Hurry up, Dude! We're picking teams already!"

Spinel puffs her cheeks and huffs at the interruption, "Tone it down, will ya!" She grins at the screen, "I'm so sorry, My Diamonds. I'll check in again after playing Baseball!" Her gloved hand waves, "See ya soon, My Diamonds!" The feed cuts out and Spinel makes her way to the others.

~°♡°~

By now, the bright blue sky began to darken to twilight. The baseball game went really well and Spinel loved it every moment. Sure, she had the upper hand by stretching her limbs to catch the ball or stretch quickly to each base. But everyone still had better capabilities to make home runs.

Plus, the teams switched all the time.

It was fun.

Maybe Spinel can tell the Diamonds about this.

While going back to Beach City, Spinel chose to sit in the back and immediately called the Diamonds.

But.

No answer.

Just a static screen.

"Huh?" Spinel tried to turn it off then back on, but nothing. It made her frustrated that it wasn't working and she groans while throwing her head back.

"Spinel? Everything alright?" Steven looks back.

"The Diamond Communicator isn't working." Spinel and shakes it, like it would do anything.

"Maybe they're busy." Steven suggests.

"Probably.....but usually the Pearls answer." With a sigh, the communicator is put away and Spinel decides to mess with the phone. It wasn't that hard learning the features of the device.

However, there was something she stumbled upon which made her magenta eyes indulge the colorful titles. Games. Some she never knew existed on such a small device. Adventure games, Board Games, Puzzles, and so much more.

Her thumb had accidentally clicked on one game and the shiny jewels that oddly looked like gems, fall and stack on each other. "Hmm...." Spinel follows the instruction as it hinted to move certain jewels and she did so.

The jewels suddenly are poof and a lot of them shatter into glitter.

"GAH!" Spinel drops the phone in distress and grabs everyone's attention.

Steven picks up the phone then grimaces at the game, "Uh. Maybe you should stay away from that game." He laughed nervously.

"Note taken." Spinel nearly had a heart attack. That thought made her mentally laugh. Heart Attack. 'Why is that even funny?' Spinel chuckles at herself.

As the MiniVan parks in front of the Universe residence, Greg, Steven's dad walks out to greet them and seems a little hesitant of Spinel, but quickly he gets over it. Welcoming her into the home.

The moon's beams cast down on a small figure as they peak around the corner of the home as everyone goes inside

The shadow shows two hearts upon their head almost like pigtails. A silly giggle comes from them and they leave by skipping away, their shoes squeaking from time to time.

________________________________________________

[Sorry if the characters seem out of character. This is my first time writing Steven Universe Characters.

Plus I hope you enjoy this chapter and the digital art of mine.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 90 14
Steven Universe was trying very hard to find his place in the world. With the help of his friends and family he was doing much better with controllin...
6.4K 332 17
Steven And Spinel... absolute Enemies. But In Their Junior year of high school, Things change. •Again I'm so sorry if I don't spell things correctly...
94.4K 1.8K 50
Steven Universe has had a decent life. An awesome older sister, 2 caring and wise aunts, and of course his great dad. He thinks everyone is his frien...
29 0 19
An original SU fanfic. After the injector is destroyed, "peace" settles in. I mean, "here we are in the future," but is there really peace? Or is it...