The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

Autorstwa themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... Więcej

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
9 | High & Mighty
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
17 | Her Majesty
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
26 | Feel Special
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
34 | Reali-tea
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
37 | Reunion Gone Wrong
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
43 | It's almost Time
44 | New Life Begins
45 | The Happy Ending

30 | Refugees

13.5K 730 21
Autorstwa themoonlightdemon

FREDERICK'S POV

"How bad was it? After all, Duke Bartholomew is one of Gralia's influential merchant. I'm sure the association is out wanting my head," I chuckle while placing a few files for Alvia to look over.

"You cause a little uproar with the association but at the end of the day, you're still the emperor. They can only do so much without putting themselves at stake. But truth be told, the way you protected your fiancée is the throne wants you to do. Of course, the council is not happy with it because the duke is one of the benefactors to Gralia's economics but hey. He disrespects his future empress. The throne will not tolerate that kind of action," he seems relieved for some reason.

"How is the progress with the youth group? Is there any information regarding the Resistance?" I pointed at one of the files on the table.

"I manage to establish contact with the leader of the youth group. He goes by the name Anthony. After some through planning with me, he will lead the youth that believes in his ideas of freedom tomorrow night," Alvia looks up to me.

"Why so sudden? I'm sure that action of his will stirs unnecessary attention to their group. What if they fail? They need proper protection from within. We haven't even try to send our reconnaissance yet. It's too dangerous," I place both hands on Alvia's table and look at him in the eyes.

"We have to make it work. His girlfriend is pregnant. He wishes to see his child be born outside of the Resistance territory. He wants his child to be born as a Gralian," I know I accepted his request without thinking of the consequences. But I understand how he feels.

To go through your whole childhood and adulthood under strict supervision without feeling the sense of freedom is hard. I was born in a conservative family. I know what he's gone through even though our situation is different.

I hope Alvia agreed to this. But, even if he disagrees, I will help them any way I can. He seems to contemplate if he should provide his help or not. But as his advisor and friend, at least I'll inform him what is currently going on.

"You seem to determine. Are you sure you have what it takes to lead this mission?"

"Yes. I have no doubt that I will accomplish this mission and lead them safely to Dolores's duchy." Alvia leans back to his seat while his eyes look into my soul. He's trying to be intimidating but it won't change my mind. I want to help them and I shall.

"Fine. Do what you must. I'll support your decision. Do whatever it takes to lead them back to Dolores duchy. If the enemy starts to invade my land, you have all right to end them all. They're trespassing after all," I smiled when Alvia gave his approval.

"Once the refugee steps their foot onto Gralia's soil, they're automatically under my protection. Those who kill any refugee will be deemed as criminal." Alvia places his signage on the paper that stated the details of this mission and present it to me with a smile.

"Once this mission in commence, we'll have a huge target on our back. Our soldier needs to be stand by inside Dolores's duchy. If possible, I don't want any bloodshed to happen," I nod.

"While I'm gone, my sister will take my place as your advisor, my emperor," my sister, Freida walks inside the room right on time.

"I hope Frederick explained to you about your job scope," Freida bows her head.

"Yes, your highness. I have all your schedule and important contacts with me," Freida went to stand beside Alvia's side.

"Is there anything else you want to discuss with me, Frederick?" I shake my head no.

"On your way then," I bow before excusing myself. Once I close the door behind me, I loosen my tie and straighten my coat before making my way towards my car and make my journey towards Dolores's duchy.

Upon arriving at Dolores's childhood home, I was surprised to see how remarkable it is that she manages to bring it back to its former glory within weeks. I look around, admiring the scenery when Dolores walks out from her home with a smile.

"How did it go?" She asked. I show her the letter and she was glad that Alvia gave his approval.

"Thank God. Did you mention about the orphans as well?" I shake my head no.

"I'm afraid if I tell him about the others, he won't approve. Don't get me wrong. He wants to help those who in need but the circumstances don't allow him to," Dolores's eyes widen.

"But what is something went wrong?"

"Nothing will go wrong. I have my own way to deal with this. If it does go south, I will take full responsibility for my action. Even if it'll cost my position, Freida will take over my place as the emperor's advisor," I am ready to face whatever the consequences that may come for me.

I know lying to Alvia about this mission is bad but it's for his own good. If I mentioned about the orphans that were raised by the Resistance and how they were then sold to the highest bidder, he will never agree to this because he knows that it won't be easy.

As much as I respect him as my emperor, he sees me as his friend and he will never let me go through such a high stake mission because he hates losing his friend. That is who Alvia is and always been.

"But..." Dolores seems to be uncomfortable with my decision. I assured her with a smile.

"Once the orphans set foot onto this land, they're under Alvia's protection. We just have to make sure it'll go smoothly," I say that but I am nervous as well.

Not only that I lied emperor, but I also put myself into danger by going through this. But I know, it's worth it. It's really worth it. To see the smile on the orphans and the youth that manage to escape will be my reward.

***

It's finally the night in which those who were born in captivity will finally have a taste of freedom. I can feel my heart about to burst from my chest but as soon as I saw the picture that Antonio had sent to me, I am determined to help them to find the freedom that they seek.

"Sir, Miss Freida is asking for the situation at hands. What should I say? Should I lie to her?" I face the fellow soldier that volunteer for this good deed.

"She's probably asking on behalf of the emperor. Just tell them what necessary and don't tell them that I'm leading this mission myself," the soldier nods his head before he went to inform Freida.

A lot is at stake now. I can't afford to feel worried about my own safety. Anthony and the others risk everything they have just because they trust me. I can't let them down.

"Once you see the refugees, please guide them to the truck. Don't leave anyone behind," the soldiers saluted before they went to their position.

I grabbed ahold of my gun that's tuck in the holster around my waist before making my way towards the forest with a couple of the soldier. My eyes wander around the foreign land as I make my way through.

A soldier placed his hand on my shoulder when they noticed a signal not far from where we are. We crouch over and send our own signal so that we can proceed.

"Mr Wang?" I heard a female voice whispered.

"Yes, that's me." A female teen suddenly appeared from the bushes with a group of children following from behind. I gave her a nod and let the soldier guide the children to safety.

"My name is Carrie. I'm Anthony's sister," I gave her a nod and asked her to follow the kids to safety.

Soon, another group of children appeared with their guardian.

"My name is Aphelia. Edwin was right behind me with another group of kids," she informed. I pat her on the shoulder and guide her to the right path towards the truck. As she said, another teen appeared from the bushes with another group of kids.

"You must be Edwin," he nods and watched as the kids walk towards the soldiers.

"My brother will be guiding the rest of us. Thank you so much, Mr Wang," his face shows how grateful he is that he's now standing on Gralia's soil. I gave him a small smile before showing him the path to the truck.

Immediately I heard rustling noise not far from where I am. My hand grabs on my gun and was ready to use it when I saw a woman appeared from the bushes together with the others.

"Mr Wang?" Her eyes locked on the gun that I'm currently holding.

"Yes. That's me. I'm sorry. Please follow the soldiers that will guide you guys with the others," I waited until a man shows up. My instinct tells me that this is Antonio, the leader of these refugees.

"That's the last of them. The one who wishes for freedom," he seems sad for some reason.

"I wish I could do more. I failed the others who were brought to the factory without their consent. There's only so much I could do. And now only God knows what they're doing to them," the factory?

"We shall discuss this when we finally at the duchy. Now just follow the path and let's leave this place before they notice what is going on," Antonio nod and follows the soldier. Before I could even take a breather, an enemy soldier suddenly appeared before me crossbow at ready.

Before he could even aim at me, I put up my gun in front of his face. He froze in his place.

"Drop your weapon or I'll blow your head off," I threatened him. He drops his weapon on the ground and kneels with his hands up.

"What a treat. You'll be coming with me. Your crime will be trespassing Gralia's soil with intention to harm the people of Gralia," I smirk when the soldier came back to see what's going on.

"Cuff him," the soldier grabs him by the arm and drag him towards the others.

"Sir, look at this," the soldier shows me the necklace the enemy wore.

"A tracking device? Dispose of it. As for him, bring him back to the Capital for further questioning. And soldiers, the mission is a success. Let's go home,"

With a smile on my face, I enter the car that will bring us to the duchy. This will bring a smile on Alvia's face but of course, I would have to hear him lecture me about my recklessness. But that's okay. There is nothing I can't handle now.

At least I manage to help some of the youth that was born in a cage. When we arrived at Dolores's residence together with the refugees, I noticed something is not right.

There shouldn't be any guests today. Hell, there shouldn't be any guest at all because we haven't officially announced about the existence of this duchy.

When I got out of the car, I know I just walk into my doom. There he is, standing in between Dolores and Freida is Alvia. His eyes wander to the truck that carries the refugee and he seems surprised to see the orphans together with the youth.

"Frederick, you have a lot of explaining to do," there is one thing Alvia hates the most and that is being lied to. I know he's disappointed and I know it's my fault.

"The emperor ..."

"That's the emperor ..."

"What is he doing here?"

"Are we in trouble?"

The youth whispering to one another. I know I should say something but I am lost at words.

"Zara! Get back here!" A female voice made me look up to a child running towards Alvia. Before I could stop her, she literally grabs on Alvia's left leg.

"Thank you!" The kid shouted. It took Alvia by surprise but he grins nevertheless.

"Why would a lady such as yourself be thanking me?" He asked while bending down to the child.

"Aphelia said you will save us and you did. Thank you!" Alvia chuckles as Antonio and the rest of the youth apologised for the child's action.

"There is no need to apologise, young one. Now you're in Gralia. The land of the free. Anything is possible here in Gralia. You just have to believe," and just like that his expression change when his eyes landed on me.

"Dolores, do you have any private room so I can speak to my advisor alone?" This is it. I'm meeting my demise.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.9K 63 21
They're the heirs to their familie's kingdoms but must marry someone they've no interest in. They meet one fateful night, in a beautiful garden and t...
93.9K 3.2K 28
Aizawa's son is ftm trans and gets accepted intointo UA. With a very over protective best friend and a crush on one of the classes pervs. How will ev...
1.5K 18 18
"Well, I guess people do change" - Emperor Alistair Fhorion Cold, Ruthless, Merciless and Frightening. These are the characteristics of the Emperor t...
279 1 22
This is about the great empire ruled by various kings with their emperor. And one small not i myself will be a part in this story. So im so nervous c...