Stolen Paradise: Perfection

By BosedeLuyomi

It has been nearly a year since Funmilola's disappearance and buried secrets were unearthed that shook her pa... More

πŸ’™WELCOME πŸ’™
PROLOGUE
The Aftermath: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
The Return: Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Fresh Beginnings and New Enemies: Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty - One
Chapter Twenty - Two
Chapter Twenty - Three
Chapter Twenty - Four
Chapter Twenty - Five
Chapter Twenty - Six
Chapter Twenty - Seven
Chapter Twenty - Eight
Chapter Twenty - Nine
AN APOLOGY
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty - One
Chapter Thirty - Two
Chapter Thirty - Three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty - Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
SP:P UPDATE
Chapter Forty - One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter Eight

320 69 2
By BosedeLuyomi

The months passed with the two families building their broken relationship. No word came concerning Funmi and she stopped calling Pastor Azikwe altogether. Christmas came and went and the year ended ushering in a brand new on; without Funmi. Ethan and Zion grew daily in the midst of the joy, pain, loneliness and hope that surrounded them. No one forgot their beloved Funmi but each person moved on with their lives and caught up with happiness.

Antonio found joy again in his work and worked harder than ever before. The elderly couples also took a break from each other and worked on their marriages. They went on holidays and often meet at dinners and occasions they were invited. Mrs. Olanrewaju also ended the divorce proceedings she began and became her husband's "baby." It seemed all the bottled up affection he had for her were released and he doted on her like he should have when they were newly married.

Antonio celebrated his two years wedding anniversary alone and finally submitted the divorce applications. He had gone to court and it was finalised in no time as it was uncontested. The only person present was Funmi's lawyer. The court granted a Decree Nisi after which a period of three months must elapse before a Decree Absolute would be granted and the marriage would end legally.

In late January, a private family party was thrown for Antonio's birthday. His parents, his brother William, Dele and Kemi, their babies and his best friend Hassan were present. After dinner was served and eaten, they all sat down to relax and reminisce about Antonio's childhood. They were still having a great time when a breaking news on NTA caught their attention.

There was going to be an upscale charity event at a certain five star hotel: The Crystals. The proceeds from the event will be used to buy health equipment, wheelchairs, crutches and many other assistive devices for mobility for people living with disabilities in different rural areas across the country. The next announcement silenced the entire birthday crew. The host of the event would be none other than the Philanthropist, Mrs. Funmilola Babalola.

The breaking news ended and the Television station went back to other news. Funmi disappeared for nearly eight months and now she was coming back in grand style. Everyone was silent except the twins babbling on and on.

"Did you all hear that?" Hassan spoke first.

"Praise the Lord!" Mrs. Babalola cried in excitement and happiness.

"Hallelujah!!!" They all chorused.

"Everyone, we are going for that function and we are all going to donate to the cause. We must contact the station to get more information on how to buy the tickets." William said happily.

In not time calls began to pour in to congratulate the family on their precious daughter in law and promises were made to make donations towards the cause.

"I have an announcement to make." Antonio spoke up. He got their attention.

"I am getting baptized next weekend. I gave my life to Jesus."

The room became silent again and then loud shouts of celebration followed.

"At last. I thought you might die an atheist." William said teasingly.

One by one, they congratulated him.

"You don't believe me?" He asked his parents who were still processing the news. His mother snapped out of her state of shock and hugged him tightly.

"My prayers have been answered at last." She said happily.

Kemi too was shocked and upon realizing he was serious, stood up and began to sing a song of thanksgiving.

Antonio confessed to them that he was inspired by Funmi's love and wanted what she had.

"She never gave up on me and her absence today testifies to the unfailing love of God in her heart for me and I will be forever grateful." Just as he said these words, the doorbell rang and the security man entered the house,

"One Madam is looking for you Sir."

"Please let her in," Antonio replied and waited by the door.

A tall fair skin woman in a dark two piece suit walked in carrying a black CHANEL office bag. Antonio recognized her immediately. He had been avoiding her calls the entire day; she is Nancy Alex, Funmilola's lawyer.

She was given a seat and she introduced herself.

"My client wishes to use your house for the Charity function. In case you were not aware, the venue changed to save costs and receive more funds for the project. The function is in two days' time and she will be sending people to do the décor and prepare the house."

Derek was furious. "Is this part of your job? Running little errands?"

Barrister Alex smiled brightly and replied, "She placed me in charge while she was away so I am just making sure that everything is running the way she wants it."

"Where is she?" Mrs. Babalola asked.

"I am sorry Madam, I cannot tell you because I do not know where she is either. Somehow, she knew you were all here so she alerted me. One more thing Barrister Babalola, my client is happy that your divorce has been finalised and she would like me to inform you that she will not be appealing it."

Antonio's face was expressionless as said to her, "Tell her she can have the house for the event. The way things are, it seems she is not far away. We will be waiting for her."

"Thank you for receiving me." She said and took her leave.

"She is coming back but I have a bad feeling about this." Kemi said tightly.

"What do you mean?" Derek asked.

"Funmi has changed and she might not be the same person that left last year June."

"I still don't understand your point."

"Derek, the Funmi that left would not want to come and stir things up with Antonio. She would want to leave him in peace but changing the venue at the last minute and knowing there is no avoiding her husband..." Her voice trailed off.

"She has become vindictive, that is what you are saying right?" Antonio finally said.

"I may be wrong but my heart is not at ease."

Antonio became worried almost immediately. He never wanted her to change in a way that would affect her faith in God. He never thought her heart was capable of any evil or unforgiveness. She was human after all and not some supernatural being but he hoped that Kemi's assessment was wrong and Funmi would come back with her heart still beating for him so they could start all over and appeal the divorce.

Later that night at their house, Kemi and Dele discussed the issue at hand as they were on their bed and about to go to sleep.

"We were all happy that Funmi will be coming back but now knowing they are divorced is sad." Kemi said.

"I am just glad that they are both free to live their own lives again and make their own decisions." Dele replied.

"Dele, she loves Antonio with her entire being. I wish she comes back to her senses. He loves her too and I can't believe she is crazy enough to let her marriage go after what she's been through." Kemi was clearly upset about her friend's stubbornness. Dele sat up next to his wife,

"Remember how my mother fought you about dating me? She said you were like a daughter to her and therefore my younger sister."

Kemi sat up and said, "That was a long time ago."

"We didn't give up because not only did we love each other a lot, we knew God's hands was upon our union because we cannot do anything without Him. Antonio and Funmi's marriage might have been a mistake from the start but nothing with God is a mistake because He is the Master Repairer and Restorer. Divorce is not the end because they can get married again."

Kemi sighed, "I know Dele. I just don't want her to become resentful and miss the opportunity to be happy. She must not continue to feel like a victim and get her husband back."

"Ex-husband Kemi, ex-husband."

Kemi slapped him on the shoulder and went under the covers,

"Good night Mr. Olanrewaju. Don't talk again about this unless it is something positive."

"Are you angry at me?" Dele asked with a short laugh.

"No o. I am angry at myself. I said goodnight already. Stop bothering me."

Dele laughed again, switched off the table lamp and prepared to sleep. For some reason, he could not see the end of the relationship. He knew drama was about to start and missing out was not part of his plan.

Hello everyone! I am glad to finally update after a whole month.

Funmi is coming back and with a BANG! What do you think might happen from here? Settle in and read on. God bless you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 78 55
Turning Point - Book TWO of The Cardinal Trilogy: In the rock-strewn world of the TIF, naivety is a luxury one cannot afford. Xenia, realizing her o...
145K 4.4K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...
172 26 23
Liliana and Derek were a married couple of 2 wonderful years. Liliana worked as a fashion designer and Derek owned his own book store. One day Lilian...