Forever | ✓

Oleh AlwaysLostInWords

#11 in Romance - 15.02.2020 ...Sequel to Always. Love's a fool. That was something Serena had learnt a long... Lebih Banyak

A/N
Prologue
1. Worst Date Ever
2. Spilt Coffee
4. Small World
5. Him
6. Gone
7. Content
8. A Partnership
9. Fiancé
10. Resolution
11. Invited
12. Birthday Plans
13. Magic
14. Enchanted Party
15. Just Like You
16. Double Date
17. The Dinner
18. Live
19. Julie
20. Friends
21. Exhibition
22. Smile
23. Thoughts
24. Progress
25. Reception
26. Lola
27. Slip Away
28. Okay
29. Peace
30. Hold On
31. Trip
32. Home
33. Her
34. Leap
35. A Fort
36. Fireworks
37. About Last Night
38. Circles
39. Avoiding Him
40. Bad Liar
41. Confession
42. Realisation
43. You
44. A New Year
45. Sweet Dreams
46. Valentine
47. Hope
48. Sugar
49. Bliss
50. Sunrise
51. Scared
Epilogue - Forever (Part I)
Epilogue - Forever (Part II)
Epilogue - Forever (Part III)
Epilogue - Forever (Part IV)
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter - Hey, Neighbour

3. Happy

22.7K 802 738
Oleh AlwaysLostInWords

5 years later...Present time...

Serena

"Seriously, Sara? You cannot be this emotional about me finally moving out," I told her, as she sat on my new sofa, with a pout.

She looked like a little child and it made me feel very guilty right now, which I am not comfortable with, especially since I had done the right thing.

I had finally moved out of my apartment with Sara.

This was something that I really should've done a long time ago, but now it was actually happening.

I was really sad about it, but clearly not on the same level as Sara.

"But, S...we've lived together for so long. It's like the end of an era!" She exclaimed and even after all these years, my best friend was still so dramatic.

You would think she would've grown up a little, especially now working at a law firm, but no, here she was sulking that we wouldn't be living together anymore.

I threw a cushion at her from the box in front of me, since she was already sat on the sofa.

"We lived together for way too long," I told her. "I was still there when Danny moved in and trust me, that was uncomfortable," I added.

At first it was only Sara and I, but since Danny and her were in a relationship, he was around whenever he could be, despite not officially living there.

It didn't really make much of a difference when he actually moved in, only more of his stuff came into the apartment, but then I always felt like I was intruding on their couple time.

They never made me feel like a third-wheel, but I was like a sister to Danny and it was probably weird for him, like it was for me.

"But, Serena..." Sara pouted once more and I could see her lips quiver.

"Oh, God. Sara. Are you crying?" I asked.

She didn't respond verbally, instead looking down and shaking her head, even though I could clearly hear her sniffle.

"Okay, I'm going to take that sniffling as a yes," I replied.

Sara looked up at me and her eyes were in fact brimming with tears. "Why aren't you crying? Aren't you sad?" She asked.

I felt bad for nearly laughing, but she was being so dramatic in this moment, it was really hard to not even smile at her.

"This wasn't a compulsive, spontaneous thing, Sara. It was practically overdue that I move out," I told her.

"It's still sad," she replied, in the softest voice.

My fiery Latina was like a little kitten right now.

I let out a deep sigh and walked towards her, taking a seat beside her on the sofa.

"I love you, Sara, but it's time," I said. "Besides, it's not like you're not going to see me anymore. I'm literally coming over to yours tonight to celebrate," I reminded her.

I knew that after getting everything moved in, cooking was going to be the last thing on my mind, so Sara and Danny suggested to come to theirs to celebrate.

"But-" she tried to cut in and I knew it was going to be something sad and negative, so I didn't let her continue.

"You're married, Sara. It's weird for me to stay with you and Danny," I laughed.

Danny had proposed on Sara's twenty-fifth birthday, since it was the silver jubilee of her life. He even bought her a silver band, with a beautiful diamond in the centre and little ones around it.

Of course their proposal wasn't a normal one.

A lot of things were different about Sara, but her love of all things food had not changed.

Donuts were something that Sara loves with all her heart, possibly even more than Danny. It also reminded her of how he proposed to her for the Summer Ball back in high-school.

Danny had this wonderful idea of hiding the ring in a donut.

Dumbest idea that he'd ever come up with.

First, he took her out for the day and then dinner on a river cruise, privately booked for just the two of them. There was an eight-course meal, with every item on the menu being one of Sara's favourites.

Their evening was meant to end back at the apartment. I was out at the time, to give them privacy.

Danny had ordered a large box of Krispy Kreme donuts, again, Sara's favourites. Unfortunately, he had no idea which one of those donuts had the hidden ring. The idiot had just asked them to 'hide the ring in the donut', but not which one. They did as ordered, but didn't give a hint on which one it was.

Somehow, by sheer luck, Sara had picked up the donut that the ring was hidden in. It was a strawberry cheesecake style donut. Of course, Sara was confused and after he took a breath of relief, Danny proposed.

Why he couldn't just ask her like a normal person, I have no clue, but Sara was happy which was all that mattered.

They got married a year later and continue to live happily together.

Sara sniffled once more. "I know, I'm just going to miss having you around," she said.

"Me too," I smiled, nudging her side. "It won't be the same."

She then turned towards me. "We'll still have our movie marathon nights?" She asked.

I nodded. "Of course. I'll bring the snacks."

Before we could continue with our heartfelt moment, I heard something crash, along with the sound of familiar voice cursing.

"Did that sound like something breaking to you?" I asked, looking in the direction of the kitchen.

"Yup," Sara replied.

We got off the sofa and headed towards the kitchen. I immediately spotted two figures with their backs towards us, slightly hunched over looking down at the floor.

They turned around and whilst Danny was smiling a little too cheerfully, my eyes were on the other figure, who was looking back at me with guilt in his blue eyes.

"Okay, what did you break?" I asked, stepping forward.

"Nothing," Will replied, at the same time Danny said, "He did it," even pointing a finger at Will.

Will smacked Danny's arm. "Seriously?" He asked, with a look of disbelief and I could hear Sara snort from behind me.

"Hey, I know better than to break one of Serena's mugs," Danny said, raising his arms in a surrendering motion.

"You broke my mug?" I exclaimed, moving forward for a closer look, only to see the broken remnants of a mug laying on the tilted floor.

Will held my shoulders. "Okay, relax. It was a mug, but I don't think it was one of your mugs," he said, in an attempt to calm me down.

"Well check," I said, glaring at him.

"Really?" He asked, wondering if I was actually serious.

I placed a finger on his chest, poking him slightly. "My mugs are precious possessions, they all mean something," I told him, not like he hadn't heard this from me before.

"Even the fox one?" Danny asked.

I turned my glare onto him. "It says 'for fox sake', how is that not cute?" I asked.

"Um..." he started to say, as a response to my clearly rhetorical question.

"Shut up," I smacked his arm.

"Okay, we're good," Will said, inspecting one of the pieces of the mug. "It was one of mine," he informed me.

I breathed in relief. "Oh good."

"God forbid someone even chips one of your mugs," Sara muttered, coming to stand by Danny's side as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"You shouldn't talk," I told her.

She gasped at my words. Again, so freaking dramatic. "It was an accident. I didn't even drop it that hard," she said.

"You dropped a ceramic mug on hardwood floors, of course it was going to be break," I said and she waved her hand at me, the exact same thing she did when she broke my mug. It was a limited edition Disney one.

"Okay, I think that's enough about mugs for now," Danny said, clearly saving his wife from my wrath. Kissing her cheek, he looked at Will. "Let's get the rest of the boxes."

"Right behind you," Will replied, but then his attention was back on me. "I'd wish you'd get this possessive about me, like you do for your mugs," he said.

I rolled my eyes, with a smile on my face. "I think they mean more to me."

"Oh, really?" He asked, moving closer. "I thought putting a ring on your finger was enough for me to mean something to you," he said.

My smile grew wider when he referred to my engagement ring.

Five years ago, when I first met Will, I didn't really think it'd turn into anything besides maybe a good friendship. His cafe became the main place that I would get my caffeine fix, especially since I didn't have to pay for it. However, I wasn't totally a freeloader, I placed money in his tip-jar when he wasn't looking, because he never actually let me pay him.

Will was an amazing baker. He would always make new things to try out in his cafe and somehow, I became his taster for that. Not that I was going to say free goodies.

Our meetings became more frequent, I stopped by his cafe a lot more and stayed till late. We spoke about anything and everything and got to know each other really well.

After a few months, Will finally asked me out on a date. Well, one of the other staff members asked me out for him, since they were tired of hearing him go on and on about me and his nervousness that I would reject him.

I definitely didn't reject him. I was really falling for him, for his many good qualities and the best one, he could always make me smile.

We were only recently engaged, after dating for about, just over three years, and now, moving in together.

Will had planned a simple proposal for me, knowing that I liked simple.

After taking me out on a cute date, we then strolled through the park, hand in hand. We reached this bridge and Will had stopped walking, I remember looking at him weirdly.

I have no idea how he kept this in his coat pocket all that time without me noticing, but he took out a coffee cup. Not just any coffee cup, but the one that I first had in his cafe. The one that had, 'cute girl I spilled coffee on' written on it.

I didn't remember leaving my cup there, but he'd saved it, all that time. According to him, he knew one day that cup would be handy.

Will gave me that cup and when I held it, I noticed there was a slight weight to it. He had placed the ring inside the empty cup.

As soon as I say yes, the look on his face was everything.

I snapped out of my memories, when I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"Eh, it was a nice try," I shrugged off his comment.

He responded by pulled me closer towards him. "I better work harder then," he grinned.

"I think you should," I smirked.

Just as he was leaning forward, I heard a fake gagging sound.

"Okay, ew. Enough of the flirting lover boy. Go get the boxes," Sara said, pulling me out of Will's arms and I laughed at both her words and his forlorn expression.

"Yes, Ma'am." He gave Sara a salute.

Kissing the side of my head, he ran off to grab more boxes.

Sara and I walked back into the living room, getting back to organising everything.

"That man is so whipped," Sara commented and I laughed.

"I mean, of course. Have you seen me?" I gestured at myself.

She wasn't wrong, Will was so in love with me and it was clear. He'd do anything for me, that I was sure of without a doubt.

"I like seeing you like this," Sara said and I looked at her confused, but with a smile on my face, that would not leave as I thought of Will.

"Like what?" I asked her.

"Happy," she said.

I shook my head gently. "I've been happy, Sara." I told her, as I placed my books on the shelf.

"Yeah, but not like this," she said and I turned towards her. "Not like glowing with a 'my life is so much better than yours' kind of happy".

I chuckled at her words. "I've never once said that."

Sara narrowed her eyes at me. "Don't lie, you've thought it when working in the boutique."

I smiled. "Okay, maybe once or twice," I confessed.

I'd see these brides come into the boutique and most did look over the moon happy, but I couldn't help feel like I was happier than they were.

"Do you truly love him?" Sara asked, with a slight apprehension on her face.

I couldn't help but let out a snort. "I wouldn't have this ring on my finger if I didn't, Sara." I said, raising my left hand to her the ring.

"I know, just...this was your own decision right?" She asked and I frowned at her words. "It wasn't a 'let me make Will happy, or Mum and Dad happy, or get Sara and Danny of my back' kind of decision was it?"

I cocked a brow at her. "I've been engaged for a week, and now you ask this?"

"Serena," she said my name in a more serious tone, which basically meant she wanted to smack me, if I didn't answer the question.

"No, Sara." I replied. "This was a 'I am really happy and in love' kind of decision. I didn't think I'd feel this way about anyone, but Will is just...it's hard not to love him. He truly adores me and now wants to spend the rest of his life with me. What more could I ask for?" I told her, staring at the beautiful ring on my finger.

He made me feel loved and I loved him for that.

"I'm so glad to see you like this," Sara said, smiling at me. "Ever since Will came into your life, you've been nothing but smiles...well most of the time," she added.

Luckily the box of cushions was still near enough to me, so I grabbed one and threw it at her for that last comment.

***

Danny and Sara left to grab some lunch for the four of us, since we'd been moving stuff around all morning.

"Okay, so boxes are all up, now just have to unpack," Will said, placing his hands by his side, looking like he'd just climbed Everest.

"It's so hard," I groaned and then quickly looked towards him. "Do not make a sexual joke right now," I warned him.

"Hey, I didn't say anything," he chuckled, but the look in his eyes was clear enough to me that he was thinking of a dirty joke.

I was still in the living room organising, since Sara was no help at all.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms come around me, wrapping around my waist, whilst I leaned back, sighing in content.

"Are you happy?" Will asked.

Turning in his arms, I looked him. "What?"

"I mean, Sara and you have been roommates for so long, you don't resent me for breaking that up right?" He asked.

"Do I resent my fiancé, who wants to live with me? No, I don't." I replied with a smile and Will returned my smile with a dry look.

He pulled me closer towards him, groaning in frustration it seemed like.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Will, I'm happy." I told him. "I was going to move out a long time ago to give Sara and Danny their own space, but they stopped me. They didn't want me on my own, so I stayed. Then you came along."

He grinned at me. "Me and my handsome self," he said.

"Okay," I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I resent that," he pouted and I stood on my tiptoes to give him a quick peck on the lips, before I continued talking.

"I should've moved out way before, like a year into our relationship, when we actually spoke about it. Of course, Sara always had some way of keeping me there and it was hard to say no to her," I added.

Sara had the worst excuses to make me stay, but they always worked, because I didn't want to hurt her.

"But then I put a ring on your finger and got you out of there," Will said.

I smiled. "Yes, you did."

"So, you're happy to live with me?" He asked.

I gave him a shrug. "Well, the jury is still out."

Hearing my words, Will narrowed his eyes at me. "Oh, really?" He asked. "Maybe I should do something to convince them," he said, leaning his face down.

Since he was so tall compared to me, he always had to lean down towards me, but apparently that was something he loved.

"You do realise they'll be back soon," I mumbled, feeling his lips brush against my own, causing me to tighten my grip around his neck, as he did the same on my waist.

"I'll just have to be quick," he said, kissing me, before pulling away again. "What should we christen first?" He asked with a smirk, his blue eyes shining and all I could do was laugh.

I was happy.

***

She's engaged! Our girl is engaged!
Also, how cute is Will?

So, Serena's engaged and happy, how long do you think that will last?

Thank you so much for reading this book. I'm up to 2k reads and I'm like how did that happen!?
You guys are freakin amazing! So thank you.

Hope you enjoyed the read! :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

930 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...
3.9K 153 22
Lily is 23 just graduated from college, lives with her best friend Anise and currently job hunting. She is just getting over a heart break from her e...
423K 10.4K 68
"I want you and you want me. Nothing else matters." Four years ago, Rachel Evans was destroyed by the only boy she ever loved. Ever since then, she...
178 0 14
"I have always felt that life is a solitary journey, that we are each on a train, riding through our hours, our days, our years. We get on alone, we...