The Bad Boy of Mine

Bởi dumeismycopilot

He says, "Screw that. I'll take a nap." She says, "Oh no, where did I go wrong?" - Zoey Summers, Chris Martin... Xem Thêm

The Bad Boy of Mine
Chapter 1 ll Stop with that staring, Sexy stranger.
Chapter 2 ll I made a mental note to start hating on this pair of boots.
Chapter 3 ll Gagaga. Get off my mind!
Chapter 4 ll Ooooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way!
Chapter 5 ll I feel special.
Chapter 6 ll Well damn. Is this considered haphazard to my mental health?
Chapter 7 ll Hahahaha but he'll never know that I think he's hot.
Chapter 8 ll "we fur hafing fex"
Chapter 9 ll It's the sound of my spine breaking into pieces.
Chapter 10 ll STOP SAYING MY NAME I KNOW NO ONE IS AROUND US.
Chapter 11 ll Daddy.
Chapter 12 ll A cute idiot. A sad idiot. A broken idiot.
Chapter 13 ll I am not prepared to be accused of raping an inanimate object.
Chapter 14 ll It's there, the palpable electricity.
Chapter 15 ll "Big guys have feelings too."
Chapter 16 ll Yep, he has been shedding some manly tears.
Chapter 17 ll She really is, ready to fight a buffalo.
Chapter 18 ll I think I would like chicken for my lunch, thank you very much.
Chapter 19 ll "Hey you stole my line, you're the pain in my ass."
Chapter 20 ll I may be avoiding a particular someone, but I still need food.
Chapter 21 ll No one can stop me from fantasizing about Ian Somerhalder now.
Chapter 22 ll Stop being so cheesy. I had enough mac and cheese from just now
Chapter 23 ll Clearly, my right brain is the quick-witted one.
Chapter 24 ll "Wow, and I'm the sadist."
Chapter 25 ll Either it can chisel granite, or cut off my limbs.
Chapter 26 ll "Who is the girlfriend?"
Chapter 27 ll Chris is going on inside my head.
Chapter 29 ll If I see one more butt, I will staple yours to the screen.
Chapter 30 ll "Oh my gosh, you're pouting again."
Chapter 31 ll Then, it's there, yet again.
Chapter 32 ll She is the one that would be the bae to his life.
Chapter 33 ll They are now my favourite ship next to Levi and Evelyn.
Chapter 34 ll Everything is just so much better because of him.
Chapter 35 ll None, you'll just get distracted too easily.
Chapter 36 ll 'Wow, Chris. This is almost as breathtaking as you.'
Chapter 37 ll "Not to mention he gets so cute when he's jealous."
Chapter 38 ll 'Oh my god, the stars are so beautiful.'
Chapter 39 ll "It's the face of a happy boyfriend."
Chapter 40 ll "Yes, I just did."
Chapter 41 ll Repeat after me, yeah?
Chapter 42 ll It's hard being sleeping beauty.
Chapter 43 ll Which secretly gives me a chance to touch his abs.
Chapter 44 ll You are a girl, Zoey! You can't help a boy do bad things!
Chapter 45 ll "Can you do that again?"
HELLO! (IT'S ME)
Epilogue (OR IS IT?????)
Chapter +1 ll Valentine's Day
Chapter requests!!
Chapter +2 ll Valentine's Day (His)
BOOK 2!!!
Chapter +3 ll Just some occasional spooks and anxiety. Fun stuff.
hello~

Chapter 28 ll "I'm so done with you, Chris."

69.5K 1.8K 1.3K
Bởi dumeismycopilot

Zoey's POV

You know that damn sensation you feel in your body when you read a love story and they have those parts where the characters are either breaking up or there is a major display of their love for each other?

Yeah, it's like something is tugging at your heart and I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing. Does it mean that I'm turning into a hopeless romantic or does it mean I am at least not immune to love?

I experience this kind of 'heart-tugging' sensation almost everyday, since I'm always reading and usually the books are none other than romantic novels, I mean what do you even expect from me?

And right now, I'm feeling this sensation in me as I watch the scene unfold in front on me.

The brunette plants a loud, wet kiss onto Chris' lips, the sound of it is just disgusting.

It is as if my heart is being tugged, painfully, by a thousand strings, aching it.

I want to laugh. I'm in hysterics. Why am I not crying? I try to contain myself, but a small giggle escapes my lips and that's it. I begin to giggle uncontrollably, almost howling in laughter.

I grin coldly, "I'm so done with you, Chris."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hah! Just kidding. I wouldn't let Chris do that!

(:

.

Zoey's POV

"Zoey!" A voice squeals mellifluously. Before I know it, Emma catapults herself off Chris' lap, onto me.

"Emma!"

"Zoey!"

"Emma!"

And we continue this, back and forth, until Chris interferes.

"Okay okay. I know you guys love each other. Stop squealing."

I pick Emma up onto my back and carry her to the couch, where Chris is sitting at.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Emma as she ensconce herself in the small gap between Chris and I. She hooks her left arm with Chris' and her right arm with mine.

"I miss Chrisy. And Coby. And Seth. And Levi. And Caden. And you. So I told Chrisy to bring me here."

"Coby?" I glance at Chris questioningly.

"Jacob."

"Oh."

"Zoey, can you play with me? Chris is so boring."

Chris rolls his eyes and I just chuckle.

"I know right, he's so boring sometimes," I glance at Chris, one of his eyebrows raised and the corners of his lips are slightly quirked up.

I glance back at Emma, "What do you want to do?"

"I want to play a game!"

"What game?"

"I want to play dress up." She hops off the couch. Her tiny hand pulls onto my index finger as she drags me off.

We enter Chris' bedroom. I find myself sitting on his bed while Emma rummages through his closet, pulling out a box.

-

"Sweet dreams, Emma," I whisper to the little blonde-hair girl on the bed. I press a kiss to her soft cheek before resting my head onto my arms.

Playing with her was fun, but absolutely exhausting. And I'm not the only one exhausted. She fell asleep while I was busy gathering her hair into a high bun that she requested.

I picked her petite body up and gently laid her on the bed. I can't seem to take my eyes off her angelic features. I continue to study her, and before I know it, fatigue overtakes me.

-

Chris' POV

"Sleep, baby," I whisper to the little brunette on my bed. I press a kiss to her soft cheek before standing up.

The way she spoke to Emma was so tender, and the way Emma looks at her - full of adoration and wonderment. Emma must have tired her out, sometimes that girl can be exhaustive. She fell asleep almost immediately after she had placed Emma in bed.

I picked her petite body up and gently laid her on my bed. I can't seem to take my eyes off her angelic features.

I must get the damn thing sorted out. I don't know what the fuck he wants, but now that he has the fucking audacity to even mess with my girlfriend, I'm going to confront him and sort this out. This is so fucking bullshit, if you ask me.

-

Zoey's POV

"Zoey! Zoey! Zoey! Wake up."

"Hell no."

I hear some whispering and shuffling. Before I can pull the cover off me to have a look at what's going on, someone jumps onto me.

"Oomph."

"HAHAHAHHAHAHAH." A chorus of laughter rings out. The white linen cover is being ripped off from my face and I'm met with glaring fluorescent lights.

"I'm allergic to light. Get it away. It's burning my eyes."

"Zoey! Stop sleeping." Someone, which I highly suspect as Emma, starts hitting my chest.

"Ouch, ouch. Okay, okay! I'm not sleeping."

She starts to giggle. Very reluctantly, I peel my eyes open. Emma starts bouncing on my stomach, knocking the air in my lungs out of me.

"Yay! Zoey, you're awake."

"Damn right I am."

"You said bad words."

"Huh?"

"You said d-a-m-n and h-e-l-l."

"Oh, really. Oh. Sorry." I rub my eyes drowsily.

She giggles and begin to bounce up and down again.

I struggle to catch my breath as the air is being pushed out of me continuously.

"Okay, okay. That's enough, Emma." Chris suddenly appears out of nowhere, smiling. He shakes his head and plucks Emma off me. Happily, she hops her way out of the bedroom.

It makes me so happy to see her this happy. In fact, it makes me happy to see any child this happy. Coming from a incomplete family myself, I know how it feels like to have no one to play with and feeling as if the world's just a whirlwind of events that will suffocate you. A child's smile is such a beautiful thing to behold.

My mood dampens a little, I want Chris to hug me.

"You okay?" Chris asks, smiling lightly.

"Yes. I'm good." I reach a hand out to him, he takes it, I tug on it, and he falls onto the bed with me. I laugh heartily at his surprised look.

I place my head on his chest and sighs blissfully as the smell of his cologne engulfs my nose. The material of his shirt is extremely smooth and because of that, my fingers begin to play with the fabric unconsciously.

"Is something wrong?"

"Nope, nothing's wrong," I speak absent-mindedly, my fingers still playing with the fabric.

There is a moment of silence.

"No, something must be wrong."

"How do you know?"

"You are not reacting to my touch."

"What touch?"

Suddenly, I become aware of Chris' warm hand at the back of my arm, rubbing the area.

Realization dawns on me. Chris seems to realise that as his lips quirk into a smirk.

"Now, tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong."

"Tell me."

"I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"Just stuffs."

"What stuffs?"

"I'm happy to see Emma this happy. I didn't enjoy my time as a child, seeing her so happy kind of makes me happy too."

"Your parents... they are divorced, right? But why?"

I let out a small breath, "The bastard found another, and I quote, 'soulmate that he can confide to'."

"Wow, he's a dick."

"Yes, he is. And I hope he doesn't have one."

We fall into an uneasy silence. My mind struggles to find a change of topic.

Chris takes pity on me, he grins breathtakingly and I'm temporarily struck paralyzed, just staring at him.

"Are you free tomorrow?"

"Hmm, I think so. Why?"

"I'm bringing you out."

"Really? Yes! Where are we going?"

"I'll let you know tomorrow."

I nod my head in consent, it doesn't really matter, as long as I have an idea of what will be doing, it'll be fine.

-

8.00 p.m.

It's dark outside, and we only used it to our advantage. Emma, Chris and I are currently sitting in a fort that we have painstakingly built. Half of the time, we were busy smashing the pillows into each others' faces.

We turned off all the lights and here we are, sitting in this fort made out of pillows and blankets.

"Chris, where are the glowstick?"

"Here." He hands over a dozen of glowsticks with one hand, and I struggle to grab all of them with both hands.

"Where's the food, Chrisy?"

"Here." Chris fetches a platter plate from behind him. There's chicken nuggets, fries and nachos decked on it.

I bend each of the glowsticks until I hear a satisfying 'crack' sound. After giving it a few shakes, it begin to emanate a bright, neon glow.

There is a gentle 'wooooow' and it was followed by a silence. We stare at the glowsticks, fascinated by how striking it is in the darkness.

Maybe that's just how life should work too, we can't shine without darkness.

I did not just quote that from tumblr.

I gather all the glow sticks together, drop them into a glass bottle and leave the bottle sitting in the middle of the fort. The glow of them lighting up the fort by a little.

"Wooooow, it's so pretty. But can we please eat now?" Emma's hand's already filled with four nuggets and a handful of fries.

"Yes yes, start eating."

We spend the next hour sitting in the fort, eating, talking and having burping competitions.

All the answers that I was so desperately wanting from Chris were shoved to the back of my mind temporarily. Not today, not now, I don't wish to spoil the night.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

16.5K 606 37
Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Alexandra could be shy and lonely sometimes...
860K 24.4K 30
"They always say that a bad boy is like a fire and he needs snow to tame him and calm him down. Some may call me the snow to his fire. But that's not...
283K 5.8K 78
And we're back! But this time we're looking into the lives of the younger siblings: Alyssa Phoenix, Julianna and Jade Ramirez, and their best friend...
3.6K 5 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...