Chapter 20 ll I may be avoiding a particular someone, but I still need food.

Zoey's POV

I woke up this morning with a megawatt grin already on my face. I danced my way to the bathroom, kitchen, couch, basically everywhere.

Chris' confession from yesterday has made such a difference to my day.

I skipped my way to school, my megawatt smile gradually turning into a totally smitten and kind of creepy grin, knowing that it'll be the first time I would get to see Chris again after my bashful confession.

"Can Chris' confession get you anymore happy?" Evelyn enquires, annoyed. I'm pretty sure she's exasperated with my Cheshire grin and giggling outbreaks.

The moment I stepped into the school, Evelyn came running towards me like a starving predator - a predator for information, details. She was squealing and grinning so badly, I'm sure Levi was the one who told her about this.

"What." I've practically been jumping up and down, around and about for the past two periods with Evelyn and Xavier. Xavier regards me like I'm a freak, since he has no clue what is going on.

I shift my body around, turning my attention back to Mr. Henderson who is babbling away about his love for physics since young. I flip through the notes that I've taken down for today. Everything is so colourful and bright. The words are written in pink, outlined with black. The diagrams for biology are coloured and labelled neatly with neon pens. Woah. I did all this?

I flip to a fresh page and begin to scribble down whatever that comes to my mind.

I let my thoughts run wild, like really wild. I thought about Chris and I having lunch together at an Al fresco cafe romantically. I thought about us strolling in a park with flowers blossoming and birds chirping sweetly. I thought about us cuddling together in his bed, beside his fluffy, velvet rug.

This is not healthy.

My eyes widen, am I being possessed by someone? I shouldn't be thinking about such things, let alone experience such tremendous affection towards a person that I had confessed to, just yesterday.

This is really bad.

I shake my head, trying to get rid of all of these absurd thoughts. After taking in a deep breath, I can feel all those thoughts and images leaving my body, making me relax.

Time to concentrate. Focus on Mr. Henderson!

I smile lightly, ready to listen and absorb all kinds of information that Mr. Henderson will be stuffing into my brain.

Mr. Henderson elaborates more about velocity and acceleration, while busily writing down pointers for us to take note.

I pick up my pen and look down on the paper. I gasp.

Oh.

My.

God.

At least a quarter of the sheet is occupied with the words 'Chris' and 'Idiot' in different pencraft.

Oh god help me.

-

The next few periods went by fast, and before I knew it, it's time for lunch, which means, I get to see Chris.

As I sit down at the table with Genesis, the realisation of how awkward it might be between Chris and I would be, finally hits me. All my elation and excitement from a while ago leaves me, anticipation and worry fills me. Oh no.

"Hey, I need the library for my homework. I'll see you later," I tell Genesis calmly, even though my insides are churning with desperation to get away. She gives me a curt nod, then returns her attention to her book.