Chapter 23 ll Clearly, my right brain is the quick-witted one.

Zoey's POV

The night passes by agonizingly, yet thankfully slow.

I had plenty of time to myself for thinking and okay, let's be frank here, who is to say no to a pair of bedazzling blue eyes and the hands that could whip up such ambrosial mac and cheese?

Moreover, if I choose to say no, I know half of the conscious female population would flock over like Siberian cranes during their seasonal migration, to him. And I don't like the sound of that. It's not like he doesn't already has at least two fan clubs waiting for his autograph.

And because of all this thinking, I only manage to catch some sleep at 3 in the morning.

I wake up, drowsily. I drag my heavy body off from the bed, into the bathroom to start getting ready for school. 

Most of the times, I don't need an alarm clock to wake me up. It's natural for me to wake up at the regulated time. 

After shrugging on a random band tee I found at the back of my closet and some jeans, I pick up my backpack and head into the kitchen.

I pick out a cup of yoghurt and sit down at the counter and begin to eat quietly.

My eyes flicker to the clock on the wall. I nearly splutter out the mouthful of yoghurt in my mouth. Shit!

10.47a.m.

How in the world did I not notice that?

I hop off the highchair, pick up my bag, finish my yoghurt in record time and sprint off towards the direction of the school. I was never a sprinter, but I'm pretty proud of the speed I'm going at. I can feel the wind whipping past my body as I run. It feels good at the moment, but I know that in less than a minutes' time, I will be panting like a dog.

Within a shocking time of 6 minutes and 51 seconds, here I stand, outside of the classroom, panting very uncouthly.

My right hand reaches out to the doorknob, but instantly, my left hand grabs onto it, halting the movement.

Clearly, my right brain is the quick-witted one.

Now why would I barge into the class, when at least three quarter of the lesson is already gone? Not to mention, I would have to face the angry wrath of Mr. Porter.

"Good job, left hand," I grin. I can use the remaining time of the lesson to study in the library.

I turn towards the direction of the library, and start walking.

-

The thing I love about this particular school library is that there's this study corner that is extremely quiet and conducive for studying. The books here are amazing too, they are very exclusive and practical. I love how they are neatly arranged and it's so easy to locate any book I possibly want. I love that it has this unique smell lingering in the air, it's not a pungent scent, but a light and homelike one. Oh, and they have those gigantic beanbags here too. I think that's the highlight of the library, at least, it is to me.

I put down the book I have on hand, 'Beneath This Man' by Jodi Ellen Malpas. I've just started on it and I'm pretty intrigued to finish it soon. Three more minutes and I'll have to head back for my next lesson. After that, it'll be lunch. Yay!

I begin to gather my stuff to make a move.

-

As I walk down the hallway, I hear a guttural voice.

"Why the fuck is she not picking up her phone?"

Then some scuffling.

"I swear to god this girl doesn't even check her phone for life."