A Hunt for the King ~Nanatsu...

By KrisJean2014

Adelina was once the fairy king's advisor. After he had left to help Helbram she was left in charge of the re... More

Prologue
Finding the King's Comrades
Reunited At Last
The Holy Woman
The Fight in The Necropolis
Human Form
Lily and Adelina
The Holy Knights
Power of the Sacred Treasure
New Feelings
Into the Villiage
Captured
Valentine's Day Special
Please...
A List of Adelina's Powers
Fulfilling A Promise
Reach Into the Darkness
Christmas Special
Meliodas Fanfiction
might be the end :(

Driven Insane

2.6K 100 23
By KrisJean2014

Adelina awoke to screaming. The young fairy jolted up. She was still sitting on Chastiefol, but King was floating in the air just in front of her.

"Jerma? Guila?" She asked curiously as she peaked over the edge. Jericho and Guila were on the ground, writhing in pain.

"Something about this pain doesn't seem normal." Howzer spoke fearfully. Adelina hopped down, fluttering her wings as she landed beside Jericho.

After placing a hand to her forehead, she backed away knitting her eyebrows in confusion.

"That's odd...my moss is going nowhere. This pain, it isn't caused by any wounds." She spoke in confusion as she looked up at the others.

Upon hearing this, Zeal dropped to his sister's side whilst calling out her name.

Adelina flinched as Jericho gasped for air and rolled onto her hands and knees, drool coming from the sides of her mouth.

"I don't regret a single thing!" The purple haired girl gasped out between her breaths. "Demon's blood or otherwise, power is power." Adelina slowly reached towards the girls, ignoring her fear.

"J-Jericho?" The human girl grabbed her own throat and began choking.

"Addy back up, it's as if some sinister power is pouring out from them." King called softly. Adelina followed his request, shuffling back on her knees a foot.

"It's most likely mirroring Dale's transformation." Adelina looked at Gowther, just happy to see him standing and looking moderately alright.

Jericho sat up on her knees, tilted her head to the sky and arched her back in pain. "I'll show him if it's the last thing I do! Brother always judged me for being a woman!" She began choking again and her body suddenly morphed, causing Adelina to be knocked back roughly ten feet. She grunted as she hit something soft.

"Thank you Sire." She said as she looked up. King curled his index finger towards him, causing the pillow to move closer.

He sighed as he floated closer to Adelina. "I told you to get back. Are you okay?" He asked brushing her hair out of her face and inspecting for any injuries.

She blushed and gently nudge his hand out of her face before turning away. "Y-yes." She gasped as she saw Diane suddenly grasp the monster's hands and try to shove it away.

"Quick do it!" She shouted below her, Gowther quickly grabbing the fallen Holy Knight and her little brother under his arms before racing them out of the way.

"I need this Addy." King said before snapping his fingers. The pillow disappeared from under her and she was now sitting on the handle of the spear with wide eyes.

Adelina slipped off and hovered in the air beside it.

"Diane!" She called summoning Prison Guard.

"Hold on! What are you two planning to do?!" Howzer snapped.

"Killing Jericho! It's taking all of Lady Diane's strength to keep that thing at bay!" Adelina called.

"Stop it you two I'm fine! I want to know what is happening to Guila and Jericho!" Diane struggled out as she tried to push the demon/holy knight hybrid back a few inches.

"It's likely that the demon's blood in the second generation is losing control." King spoke aloud.

"No, it's being force to go out of control." A voice called from behind Adelina. She flinched as the monster suddenly went flying and gasped in shock seeing Meliodas.

"Sir Meliodas?" She asked curiously as he landed on his feet in front of Diane who called to him happily.

"Advisor, you're okay I'm glad. But we don't have time for that now."

"Gil? What are you doing with them?" Howzer asked. Adelina turned once more to see a pink haired man in armor, a purple hair woman in a black dress, and-

"Princess!" Adelina cheered happily. She dashed over and scooped the princess up in her arms a few feet off the ground and hugged her gently.

"Lady Adelina." The young girl responded in shock before hugging the fairy back. "I'm so glad you are okay." The fairy set her back down and held her hand.

Adelina knitted her eyebrows in confusion looking off to the side as King and Meliodas conversed.

"H-Helbram?" She whispered to herself, she could sense his energy. Very very faintly. She could also smell the faint scent of cherry blossoms mixed with the iron stench of blood.

Adelina gently let go of Elizabeth's hand, who was too distracted with the situation to notice, and began to walk in the direction of what she was sensing.

The fairy peaked behind a corner into a whole in the old castle and her eyes widened in shock. Standing there was a man with silver hair, one reddish black eye and one blue. His body was covered in..in demon markings.

Beside him stood..

"Ah..you must be Fairy King Advisor Adelina." The man let out a sinister chuckle. "You have been told to be quite a stubborn and fearsome opponent. Though you never seem able to beat your opponent without the help of your king."

Adelina grit her teeth, clenching her fists. "What did you do to him." She seethed and the man laughed. "I made him better. Now if you'll excuse me." He snapped his fingers and Adelina was quickly thrown to the side as the man went through the hole in the wall.

"Helbram please!" She called, huffing as she blocked another slice of his sword. The fairy just kept muttering quietly to himself, the helmet covering his eyes.

"Helbram! I don't want to kill you again please stop this!" She called to him.

She heard another snap, Helbram laughing maniacally before slicing her across the stomach and sending her flying through the wall.

She grunted as she landed against King who yelled in surprise. Adelina weakly floated beside him and gripped her rapier tightly.

"Addy are you- w-wait.." King began. "How?! I just watch you die! Helbram!"

"He can't hear you Harlequin.." Adelina spoke thickly. Her fellow fairy looked at her curiously, then in shock as he saw tears budding in her eyes but they weren't falling.

Heh....I must've cried too much today already. They just won't fall.

Her soft voice filled his head and when he went to reach for her, his attention was called back to Hendrickson.

"Clever girl. She is right, it's no use. He's been dead a long time. You killed him, didn't you." King looked on in horror.

"W-what did you do to our friend Helbram?" He asked tearfully.

"King, Lina, no!" Diane shouted as she wrestled against the demon hybrid once more.

King and Adelina grit their teeth in anger as Hendrickson explain how he came into possession of Helbram's body.

"I'm sorry to say that one can only be revived twice. With each passing time, the soul deteriorates further. Considering your beloved advisor here killed him the second time around, he has now been reduced to this."

Hendrickson smirked at the look of horror that washed over Adelina's face. "Oh? Now don't tell me that you thought that shoulder wound was the one that ended his life. No no my dear. It was your powers that you drove through his skull that killed him. He could've easily lived it were just Sin King that dealt damage."

"N-no..no way. T-that's cruel. How could you?!" King wailed as tears poured down his face. Adelina continued to stare at Helbram with wide eyes, her face pale, her hands shaking. The sounds of King's anguished scream falling silent on her ears.

N-no

No..no. He could've survived? I..

Adelina shakily brought her hands into her hair tugging at the roots, tightening her arms over her ears to try and drown out Hendrickson's words that played over and over in her head. She curled in on herself, hyperventilating.

"Now don't weep or lose your mind over him. Before us is a glorious occasion! A third chance to kill your friend! Who will it be this time? King? Adelina? Or maybe both." Hendrickson cackled as Helbram came racing towards the other two fairies.

He headbutted King before swiping his sword once more at Adelina, sending them flying. Adelina frowned as she saw a single purple wing pass her vision as she went flying through the air. A desperate scream for Elizabeth following soon after.

"Elizbeth..no-"

"Helbram stop!" King called as he finally stopped himself, grabbing Adelina's arm a moment later. "There's no reason for us to fight like this anymore okay?! Please Helbram don't make me have to hurt you again!"

Adelina frowned, moving her arm from King. "It isn't any use Harley. He can't hear us. Not anymore. Because I- because.." She trailed off her words getting stuck in her throat.

Because I murdered him.

"Y-you g-guys are- you gu-guys are...you guys are my b-besfriends." Helbram choked out while holding out his hands, causing Adelina to look at him in shock.

Suddenly a rock hit him roughly against the side of the head.

"Ban! Don't you hurt him! He's our best friend!" King wailed. Adelina felt many emotions looking at the sin who became like her brother. But his cold look as he tossed another rock up in the air made her blood run cold.

"Sounds like one of you should off him then." Adelina flinched as memories of earlier had danced along her mind. She had killed before. But never someone close to her.

"I know..I know." King slowly turned around, Adelina following in suit. She choked on her words in horror as blood began pouring from Helbram's helmet. Most likely from the move she inflicted.

He gripped his chest tightly. "I-it's okay. I-it's you two. I-I don't care h-how many t-times it takes to k-kill me. P-please just-just kill me wh-while I'm still m-me."

"Pl-please you have to hurry Harlequin. You-you need to kill me!"

"You're asking for the impossible! Please I don't want to kill my best friend again!" Adelina could feel every emotion that was coming from King. Her heart shattered. Her soul broke.

"Then consider our friendship over!" Helbram screamed.

"I'll do it." She whispered.

"Adelina no..don't do it. It broke you once. Who knows what will happen if you do it again." King pleaded.

"Thank y-you. Tha-thank you."

Adelina raised her hand, and numerous thorned vines shot from the ground.

"Goodbye. Old friend." She shot her hand out and all of them hit his heart at once. She ripped them back out and as Helbram began to fall, King summoned Chastiefol's fourth configuration Sunflower to obliterate the body.

No one will use your body for evil ever again.

Adelina slowly floated to the ground beside Ban, who had Jericho clutched in his arms. She dropped to her knees and began hyperventilating once more.

"H-Helbram.." She whined clenching her teeth, trying to keep herself together.

"Adeli...I love you. But you have to pull yourself together." Ban said tossing Jericho to the ground and kneeling in front of the fairy. Ignoring the commotion behind him as Guila stopped another new generation monster.

Adelina tugged at her ears, causing the jewelry along the top of them to scratch the surface. As blood dripped slowly onto her hands she just focused on getting the voices of Helbram and Hendrickson to stop.

"Make it stop. Make it stop." She whined rocking back and forth.

"Adeli you've killed before-"

"Not one of my own! Not someone I cared about! And even worse of all...I was so cruel to him when we were young fairies. I loved him like family but all I cared about was making sure Harlequin was safe. And I rewarded Helbram by killing him twice! I killed him a second time because I still cared about Harlequin and didn't want him to hurt more!" She screeched.

Adelina was suddenly scooped up into Ban's arms like a child. "Gowther. Put her to sleep."

"Ban no!" King called.

"She's losing her mind King and we don't have time to help her through it! Do you love her or not?!" Ban snapped right back as Adelina began tapping to sides of her head muttering. "Stop it." Over and over.

"She lost you, She lost her mother, She lost Elaine, and then she killed her friend twice. It was too much for her. Gowther. Now."

Suddenly Adelina felt a prick in her neck, and she was sent into a dreamless sleep.

It lacked dreams alright..but not the nightmares.

As she laid on the ground beside Jericho, her body was still, her mind was erratic, frightened.

In a dark room Adelina looked around in confusion.

"It's your fault." She whipped her head around hearing a familiar voice.

"Lady Elaine? What did I do my sweet blossom?" A light suddenly appeared above the floating blonde fairy. Adelina looked on in horror at the gaping hole in her stomach and the blood dribbling from her mouth.

"My death. If you hadn't had left to find my brother, I would be alive. I could be traveling the world with Ban if you weren't so selfish. You should be the sin of greed. Not him. That's why you get along with him so much." Adelina felt tears run down her face as Elaine spoke to her venemously.

"Elaine..please I didn't-"

"If you hadn't had left. You could've protected me." Adelina turned around once more to see her mother, broken and battered...her brilliant wings missing.

"My wings wouldn't have been ripped from my body, and I wouldn't have been slain. You abandon everyone for that poor excuse for a King."

Adelina shook her head quickly and tried to walk away from them. But was stopped when she saw a helmet.

"You killed me Adelina. I know you preferred Harlequin over me. But you killed me." Helbram stood before her, his helmet at his side. There was a hole in his forehead and a gaping one in his chest.

"N-no. You told me to. You told me to."

"He told your friend to mommy. Not you." Adelina whipped around her heart stopping. Walking towards her came Lily. The stomach of her dress soaked with blood.

"You healed yourself and not me. Just so you could go find him. You don't care about us mommy. You only love him!" Lily screamed at her while tears ran down her face.

"That's not true..please that's not true. That was the first time I used my moss baby. You have to believe me."

They all began talking at once as she dropped to the floor, clutching her hands over her ears.

"Please stop." She whispered.

More shouting.

"Please stop."

The shouting increased.

It's your fault.

You killed us.

You kill everyone you love.

You'll kill him too.

You'll kill all of them.

Her screams ripped through her throat as she tried to drown out their voices.

Word Count: 2505

A/N: woooooooo two chapters in one day AND a list of Adelina's powers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 4.1K 30
A simple task was given. The task was to kill Arthur Pendragon. For Bella, the task was simple, easy, not challenging enough for her high abilities...
285K 5.3K 17
You have been with the captain since he was born, you were with the ten commandments with him, you joined the eight deadly sins with him, you were hi...
44.4K 1.7K 19
"𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳. 𝘈 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 3𝘳𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳. 𝘌𝘺...
19.5K 518 11
Y/N was a outcast, but there was one who loved her for her. Until he went missing and reunited to find he loves another. (Read in a females perspecti...