The Only One That Cared

By Say_what

Ivy Walker is the school's enemy. She has a reputation for being... different. Her contrasting features earne... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1- Don't Cry!
Chapter 2- The not-so Soulmate
Chapter 3- The Aftershock
Chapter 4- Just Friends?
Chapter 5- Owen's POV- Don't Be Mad, But...
Chapter 6- Unexpected Outcome
Chapter 7- Emotions (Ivy's And Owen's POVs)
Chapter 8- Too Far
Chapter 9- Eating Lunch Inside
Chapter 11- Words Cannot Describe
Chapter 12- Asleep
Chapter 13- Careless
Chapter 14- Last Day of Junior Year
Chapter 15- The Beginning of Endless Days
Chapter 16- So This Is What I get?
Chapter 17- Encounters at the Park
Chapter 18- First Day of Senior Year
Chapter 19- Kiss and Tell
Chapter 20- He Changed His Mind
Author's Note:
Chapter 21- Not As It Appears
Chapter 22- Prisoner
Chapter 23- And So He Knows
Chapter 24- Today I Learned...
Chapter 25- Coming Home
Author's Note

Chapter 10- Confused

340 11 2
By Say_what

Quite a long chapter.... In Ivy's and Owen's POV. You're welcome. ;)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter 10

Ivy's POV

"Mallory," I said in whisper. "Please, I really need to talk to you!"

"What is there to say, Ivy? You kissed Owen and you enjoyed it!" He yelled angrily. I have never experienced Mallory's anger from this point. He would hardly get mad at me and even if he did, he would never yell at me. And he just did.

"I did not kiss him," I defended. "He kissed me, but not on the lips!-" He rolled his eyes "-and I know that still counts, but I just wanted to make that clear. We did not touch each other's lips."

"Yeah, but you were still moaning his name! That should have been me, not some jock who would probably never talk to you again after he had his way with you. You're lucky that I came to stop you when I did!" He shoved his lunch box next to mine.

"I know," I lied, Owen would never do that to me. "And I'm sorry, but I think that all that alcohol had an affect in my judgement that night."

"Yeah, you were pretty wasted when I saw you with him...wait! Did he give you anything because I know for a fact you were not that drunk when I left?"

"Um yeah, but what does that have to do with anything?" I asked.

"That son of a bitch gave you more drinks to get you all disoriented and get in your pants!" He said with a bitter voice.

"No he did not--- no? He... He would never do that! He only gave me one drink!" This cannot be true! "It had rum in it, but... Oh my gawd! He tried to get me drunk to have sex with me!" I cried. Bella gasped.

"He doesn't seem like the type, either! But then again, he is a jock..." She said. She hasn't spoken much with both of us around her for fear of saying anything weird in front if Mallory. "No one messes with my best friend!"

"Wait, Bella. Just leave him alone. The more attention we draw to this, the more he'll try," Mallory said, "It's hard to follow my own advice. I just want to smash his face in."

I looked down at my shoes. Deep inside, I knew Owen would never do such a thing, but I had some doubt.

"So... Will you forgive me?" I asked Mallory.

"Of course, baby doll. Just don't go near that guy again," he said as he hugged me. Bella looked away.

Now is not the best time to tell them that I'm going to his place afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey!" Owen said warmly. I cringed at the sight of his open arms, for a hug.

"Ivy?" Bella asked beside me, "I thought you were mad at Owen. Why does he seem to be happy to see you?"

"I don't know. Um, I'll got sort this out."

"Should I wait for you?"

"No," I replied as I was already walking towards Owen. I smiled at him and winked. "What the fuck do you want, you arrogant prick?" Owen's first reaction was surprised, then hurt, and finally angry. "What?" He bit out angrily. I turned around and found Bella still standing there watching the whole scene.

Good, time to show off my acting skills.

I faced Owen again and winked once more. "I thought I told you to leave me alone! Did yesterday's talk mean NOTHING to you?!?" Owen looked more hurt.

"What? I thought we were okay."

"Shh. I'm supposed to be mad at you," I said quietly so Bella couldn't hear us. "Don't talk to me!"

Owen suddenly realized what I was doing and played right along. "Baby, I just want touch you!"

I almost died of embarrassment when he said that, especially since Rocky and Halley walked right past us- humor was written on their faces. "Gross! Go grope someone your own size!" I screamed as I tried to hold back laughter. I bit my tongue to stop myself.

"Meet me at the fountain in five minutes," Owen whispered. "Ivy, I'll be back for you! And don't you forget how hard I was! If you know what mean," he said with a wink.

He did not just say that!

I pretended to storm back to Bella with a cross expression. "What a jerk," she said. I nodded. "Ivy, don't let him get you down. Jocks like that only want sex. They have no brains."

"Uh huh," I wiped a 'tear' off my face. "I just wish he wasn't so frank about it."

"Well, you don't have to do this alone. I, Bella-Rose Ann, your best friend, will always be here for you, no matter what,that bitchy Chloe says."

"Aw, thanks, Bella. This is why I love you!" I said giving her a bear hug. She laughed squeezed me right back. "Me too." Ah, best friends. "Bella, I left my notebook in my locker. I have to go get it. I'll talk to you later because I don't want you to miss your bus. Now go!" I yelled, albeit good-natured.

"'Kay, bye."

When I arrived at the fountain, Owen was standing there as expected. He was tossing his car keys up and down. Up and down. When he saw me, he gave me a stellar smile. "This way, good lady." I blushed profusely.

I have no idea where I got my confidence or when I even got it, but I pushed him playfully. "Ah, you want to have fun? Let's save that for my room, where no peeping eyes are around," he said with a wink. I looked away.

I love how he says things so clearly, my conscience informed. And you know you like it too. You like hiiiiim.

We stropped in front of his sexy black Audi where he opened the passenger door for me, like a gentleman. "Thank you."

"You're quite welcome my dear," he said in a purposely deep voice.

Again I stared at his house in awe when we got there. It's too amazing not to stare at. "Are you a millionaire?" I asked. He laughed.

"Not quite."

"So then why do you live in a mansion?"

"Uh... Family business," he replied. Family business, my butt. His family is definitely millionaires.

"Why are there a bazillion cars parked in front of your house? There are probably ten less than when I came to your party!"

"Family business," he replied again.

"Oh."

Oh, that doesn't really answer the question!

Inside, Owen introduced me to his mom. She is a beautiful woman who hardly looks a day over thirty. Long brown hair cascaded down her back in soft waves. Waves similar to Owen's, except his were black. Her light green eyes looked unreal from a distance, but up close you could tell they were real because of the golden flakes in them. She wasn't as tall as Owen, but I could tell she was just as strong as him. She was beautiful, really.

In Owen's room we discussed many things about the project. I found it to be quite boring, but the alternative was kissing Owen, and that didn't seem appropriate. At one point I had to go to the bathroom so I went in the one adjacent to his room. When I finished my business, I exited the bathroom quietly. I saw Owen changing his shirt. I could only see his side, but even then I could tell the bulging boulders on his stomach were abs. Rocky has nothing on Owen's muscles. As he raised his arms over his head, I saw every muscle on his arms and back flex. Yummy.

Owen's room was bigger than the a classroom at school. The walls were navy blue and had wooden floors. A bed was in the middle with blue covers that looked super soft and toasty warm. On one side there was a desk and computer, and on the other side, a television. "This is a nice room," I commented.

"Yeah, but it gets lonely," He said as he sat down on the bed, "But now that you're here it doesn't seem quite so lonely."

"Aww, thanks, but we've got a project to work on!"

"Forget the project. We can be doing something else right now."

"Oh yeah?" I asked, "Like what?"

"This." He suddenly leaned in closer to me. My head was telling me ABORT ABORT, but my conscience was happy about it.

His incredibly soft lips landed on mine. It was like fireworks were going off in the distance. Cheesy, I know, but its true what they say: its as if everything else disappears and its only me and him. I pulled him in closer and messed with his hair meanwhile he caressed me. It was incredible how he kissed me, passionate yet gentle. He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I was too excited to respond so he bit my lip gently. This time I was a little hesitant because I had no idea if I was even kissing him well or if my french kisses were sloppy so I kept my lips closed, denying him the entrance he wanted.

He groaned impatiently and went on sucking and kissing the base of my neck next. I gasped in ecstasy. He took this chance to shove his tongue into my mouth, hungrily as if this was the last day on earth. His touch was the most amazing sensation I had ever felt. The pang of need raced through my like a bullet. I couldn't help the load moan that escaped me when he reached under my shirt. He chuckled and raised his hand higher, underneath my shirt until he reached the hem of my bra. I broke our kiss.

"Owen," I said breathlessly.

"What?" His voice was muffled in my hair.

"You can't have all the fun. Now, take off your shirt," I ordered. His eyes grew noticeably darker.

"Say that again. Louder this time." His voice was oddly strained, but I did as he told me. He picked me up and dropped me on the bed. He lied on top of me. He took forever in taking off his shirt, but when he he did he asked for me to do the same. I couldn't speak for a moment, too shocked at seeing his abs this close. "I guess I'll have to take the shirt off for you."

"No, wait. Owen, I'm scared," I said quietly. He stared at me for an eternity then he got a disgusted look on his face. He soon got off me, but when he did, Rejection shot through me.

He is disgusted by me. I am such an idiot for thinking he would like me!

The tears collected in my eyes too much for my liking so I covered my face as I jumped out the bed. I can't let Owen see me crying because he didn't make out with me!

"Ivy, why are you crying?" He asked with a tone of concern. I tried desperately to stop crying, but the tears kept on coming. "Ivy? Ivory Walker, please, please answer me!"

I hiccuped for a couple awkward seconds before saying, "Take me home."

********************************

Owen's POV

I knew she was counting the seconds before she got home because when I dropped her off, she sighed in relief and raced out of my car. Her brother was standing on the porch, looking very upset. "Where the hell have you been?" he asked her. She started crying again. I was about to kill him, but the next thing I knew, he was next to my door.

"What did you do to her?" He demanded. I felt extremely guilty for making her cry. 

"I-I" I began.

"Nothing!" Ivy interrupted, "Just leave him alone!" I cannot believe my mate protected me even when she's upset with me.

What a wonderful mate we have, my wolf said, too bad we hurt her. The exact opposite of what she feels right now. How could we have been so stupid? She doesn't understand or kind, she doesn't know about your self control. She doesn't know how you were disgusted at yourself.

What? So now this MY fault? Because I couldn't control myself. Classic, wolf.

I never said that. Besides, I was the one who wanted...that to happen. Calm down, Owen.

How can I calm down?!? I ruined everything with Ivy! She will never talk to me again!

"Hello?" Someone called out. I was in my driveway. When did I get home?

"What?" I asked angrily. It was Halley in front of me. She winced slightly. "Oh! Halley. Sorry. I'm still kinda upset about something that happened earlier..."

"Aw, what happened?" She asked curiously. I stared at her for a second, pondering whether I should tell her or not. I sighed and got out of my car.

"Well, as you may or may not know, depending on whether Chris kept his big mouth shut, but I found my mate." I found Halley's face masked with faux emotion. Oh, hell, Chris told her. "Come on. You guys found each other two weeks ago and you can't even keep one secret!"

"Sorry," she apologized with a red face, "I forced it out of him. It's not everyday that the future Alpha finds his mate!" I sighed again. We walked towards the entrance where Chris stood with a serious expression. He didn't like me being so close to his mate.

"'Sup man," I greeted, sort of like a truce.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Man, I really do wear my emotions on my sleeve!

"I'll tell you inside."

In my room, I layed on the bed that still had the faintest scent of Ivy. Apparently I wasn't the only to smell her. "Oh my goodness! Was your mate in here?" Halley asked. I nodded. Chris smirked. "Get it in, man!"

"No, nothing really happened. We just kinda madeout. Anyway, she has a boyfriend. It's that fucking human! I remembered that in the middle of kissing and well, just stopped kissing her. I guess she thought that I didn't want to kiss her so she started...crying!" My voice cracked at the end with sadness. Chris and Halley exchanged glances.

"What?"

"She started crying?" Chris asked in a disbelieving tone. I nodded.

"She thought I rejected her!" I said numbly. My eyes watered at the thought. Fuck, why am I crying?

"Oh, poor Owen!" Halley said as she ran up to my and hugged me. Chris growled lowly. "Shush, Chris, Owen is hurting right now! He needs a hug and I am giving him a hug!"

I smiled faintly at their small arguement. At least they know they belong with each other.

"So what's going to happen next?" Chris asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. She hates me. She absolutely hate me!"

"You have to talk to her!" Halley said beside me.

"She'd never listen." The poignancy was edivent in my voice.

"She is your mate, dude, she can't ever completely ignore you. She wants to be near you." His wisdom inspires me.

I looked away. What if she does ignore me? What if she wants to never be near me again? Oh God.

My shoulders shook violently that night before I went to sleep. I balled up my pillow and cried into it. I have to apologize to her and beg for her forgiveness! My mother walked into the room claiming that she heard my crying. When she saw the state that I was in, she sat on the edge of my bed and patted my back soothingly as I emptied my eye sockets' water.

Soon I fell asleep with my mother watching over me just like when I was a little kid.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[A/N]:

Not as long as I was hoping for....

Comment below on what you want to happen next!

And sorry for uploading so late in the day!!!!!!!

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 68.2K 29
To his peers, Liam Kingsley has it all-girls, good looks, loving parents, and a best friend that'll fight for him until the death. Little does the sc...
416K 21K 45
When Ryann meets Ava - she's intrigued right away from the smooth woman who is more than just a mystery. From her luxurious lifestyle to her love lif...
15K 560 57
Love. A word that never made sense to Ivy Blanchard. Yes, she helps all of her friends with every relationship because she wants to see them happy, b...
264 88 19
Ivy Adair is stuck at a school she despises, has a very toxic relationship with her mom and only seems to focus on the negatives in her life. She goe...