The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

By themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... More

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
9 | High & Mighty
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
17 | Her Majesty
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
30 | Refugees
31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
34 | Reali-tea
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
37 | Reunion Gone Wrong
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
43 | It's almost Time
44 | New Life Begins
45 | The Happy Ending

26 | Feel Special

14.3K 822 69
By themoonlightdemon

KATHRYN'S POV

"Say that again," I politely asked my father to repeat the reason why he rushed me to come home. I was in the middle of class with the former empress when the maid told me that my father was trying to get a hold of me.

"Lauretta, she ... got her first period and your mom is not here. She went to the countryside to visit your sick grandfather. I did ask Ben to get a hold of Lestalia but she's not here at the moment as well. You're the only one who's available, Kat." I can't believe this!

He literally asked me to come home just so that I give my sister the 'talk'?! I was in the vicinity of the former empress!

"Dad! I was busy! Do you know how frantic I was when the maid told me that it was a matter of life and death?! I thought something had happened to you!" I pinched the bridge of my nose.

I was about to lecture my father when Lauretta saunters in.

"Kat? What is happening to me? I was bleeding and when I told dad he just disappeared," she's on verge of crying. I glared t my father who simply leave his own daughter wondering about her body.

"Honestly, you have two daughters who went through this state already. Can't you learn something from mom? Speaking of which, where is Juliet? She's 16 and she should be able to give Lauretta the talk,"

"Juliet went camping with her school club. I'm really sorry, Kat. You're the only one available for this," I sigh mentally before smiling at my sister.

"Lauretta. The truth is, it's normal for a young lady of your age to go through this," Lauretta seems confused. How should I tell her that it's normal for girls to have her period at her age? I have no experience telling young girls about this.

"It's normal for me to bleed? I'm pretty sure it's not. What if I lost a lot of it and got sick from it?" Before I could reply to her, the door was forcefully being open from the outside and a frantic looking Alvia made herself visible.

She immediately went to inspect my father and asked if he's alright. The former empress probably told her about my sudden departure from the palace. She looks distraught!

"Alvia, why are you here?" I asked.

"My mother told me that your father was in trouble so I went straight here after my meeting. It seems like he's alright. So why did my mother said that? And why are you kneeling on the floor?" I sigh heavily. This is getting out of hand.

I grabbed ahold of her coat and dragged her to the kitchen. I explained to her about Lauretta's situation and apologised for making her worried about my father. After I explained to her, she actually laughed at me.

"Is that all? Geez! I thought something really did happen. So just give her the talk. You've been dealing with it since you got them. Why can't you have the 'talk' with her?" I sigh while making some tea for us.

"Because I have no experience. I can't tell her that it marks her maturity and her body is ready to have a child inside of her. She's too young for that," she continued to laugh at my misery.

"If it's that hard, I can help you with that. I did have the talk with my sister when she had hers. My mother was not present at the time. If I can handle Madeline's, I can handle Lauretta's," she blows on her hot cup of tea before taking a sip.

She stood up and went to meet Lauretta. I followed suit and just hope it wouldn't be that weird for Alvia to give her the talk. Except for me, I'm the only one who knows that she actually has two personas.

"Lauretta, I'm sure you have any questions that you would like to ask. But before that, I need to explain to you what is happening to your body as you get older," she has a good start. Lauretta seems comfortable with her too.

"From now on, you will have to go through this kind of mood swings and sometimes it will get you sick but if you're lucky, you wouldn't even notice it's there. It is normal for you to go through this. Even your sisters and mother went through this every month. It's just your body telling you that you're now a mature young woman," Lauretta looks up to me.

"Really? Kat go through this too?" Alvia nods her head.

"Yes. Now that you understand what is happening, perhaps your sister will explain to you how to prevent this from affecting your daily life. Like, show her how to use the pads?" Alvia looks up to me.

"Of course. Go to my room and wait there as I talk to the emperor, okay?" Lauretta nod and went to my room. My father sighed in relief.

"Are you going back to the palace? If so, you have to wait for me to be done here," Alvia looks around my old house. It seems a bit disorganised with my mother is gone visiting my grandparents.

"Why don't we stay the night and help your father to handle the others? It seems he needs help with the housework as well," she's right but what will the Palace say? Will, they allowed him to here instead of the palace?

"The palace?" I asked.

"I'll handle them. Since I need them to sent me some clothes as well. I'm sure they will understand once I told them what is going on and with your mother not being here," I nod. Alright then. I let him work this out.

"I'll make dinner once I'm done with Lauretta. Please, can you clean this place up a bit? It's easier to clean now when the others are not here," I said to my father and went to my room.

***

After dinners are done, I proceed to clean the table while my siblings gather the dishes for me to wash. I was washing the bits and pieces off the plate when someone sidles up to my side and soap the dishes that I plan to do later.

"Alvia?" The emperor smiles.

"Yes?" I thought she went to have some beer with my father and Ben. Why is she here?

"I thought you went to have some beer with my father and brother. Why are you here?" Alvia shrugged her shoulder.

"Ben went to the store to get some beer. Your father is out at the backyard setting up some sort of fire pit for us to enjoy? I'm not sure why he's doing that," Alvia explained. So basically he's bored?

"Kat, can we make some marshmallows? Papa is making the fire," asked brother, Henry. He is a year younger than Lauretta.

"Sure honey. I'll get everything ready once papa makes the fire. Can you be a sweetheart and get the dirty cups from the table as well?" He saluted and went to the dining table.

"You're a natural in this," Alvia suddenly said. I grabbed the plate that she had wash earlier and rinse it under running water.

"Natural? What do you mean?"

"You with kids. It looks natural. And they seem to listen to you. They look up to you as their role model," I'm sure her siblings look up to her as well. I mean he is the emperor.

"I'm sure Kennedy and Madeline look up to you as well, Alvia. For me, it's different. You see, my parents rarely home before all of this happen. They look up to Ben and me not just as their older brother and sister but also as their guardian. We're the oldest and we have the responsibility while our parents not around. That's why they can adapt with their situation," Henry came back with the dirty cups.

"Is there anything more for me to do, Kat?" I smiled at him.

"No. You can go on and do your homework. Please keep an eye on the others for me, okay?" Henry nods and went out of the kitchen.

"It pains me to see that my action had almost caused your life not once but twice. I'm sorry, Kathryn. I could t live with myself if something happens to you," Why is she talking about this now?

"What was in the past, stays in the past. Please, let's not talk about that now," she proceeds to wash the cups next.

"How did the palace handle our absence for a night?" I asked. Alvia chuckled.

"Frederick went crazy of course. That is why he sent a few guards at our vicinity in secret. I think I saw a few of them walking around your house just moments ago. But I think the palace won't have any problems with me not being there for a night," she finished and rinse the excess soap from her hands under running water.

I finished up as well and hang the last remaining cups on the holder. For a moment there, I noticed she's watching me closely as I went to the pantry and find the marshmallows.

"What?" I asked. She shakes her head and smiles.

"I'm just imagining us doing dishes together after we got married," I blushed in a deep shade of red.

"Kathryn, I've been meaning to ask you if you wish to have our very own chateau after we got married. You know, for when we want to get away from the busy court life. I'm pretty sure we need to have a vacation every once in a while," a What now?

"A chateau? You mean a house?" She nods while she grabbed a bowl for me to put the marshmallow. Is she really want us to discuss this here? Now of all time?

"Are we even allowed to have ... what was it called again?" I asked just to make sure.

"A chateau,"

"Yes that," she nods.

"Of course. We can do whatever we want. Kennedy built his own chateau as a present for his wife. Madeline was married into a family. So she didn't have a choice but to follow her husband wishes," I face the emperor.

"Alvia, why don't you surprise me? To tell you the truth, I really have no idea how this marriage works. I don't want to be a burden to you and your family. I am a commoner," Alvia's expression changes.

"Don't ever say that. You're not a commoner nor a burden to me and my family. You complete me, Kathryn. I may not show it often but you mean so much to me. I know this has been quite troubling for you. I wish I could make it as easy as possible for you," I place a finger on her lips.

"To be honest, when I woke up beside you in the morning we first met, something about you made my heart stops. And it's not because of your physical state. It's something in your eyes. It's sincere and yet innocent. From that moment on, my mind was flooded with you and you alone," Alvia smiled.

"You have no idea how happy I was when you choose me to be your bride. And I'm pretty sure this kitchen was where you confess to me as well," we both giggled.

"You make me feel special, Alvia. It's rare for me to feel that way but you did it. You have no idea how deep my love is for you," Alvia lifted my chin up to face her beautiful orbs.

"I love you, Kathryn Park. So much that I wish I could build up statue made of gold just for you," she leans in and gives me a kiss on the lips.

"Ummm ... I'm sorry for interrupting but the fire is ready and Henry told me something about making marshmallow," We both turned to the person standing by the door. Alvia took a step back and smiled at Lestalia.

"Of course. We were just getting it ready," Alvia clears her throat. Lestalia smiled as she reached for the bowl.

"I won't be a nuisance then. Carry on," I'm pretty sure both of us feel too embarrassed to continue what we were doing.

"Let's join the others," Alvia nods and follows me to the back yard where my family's at.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300 1 35
Isabella found herself being taken by the Emperor's soldiers. Her village was destroyed and she watched her friends and family either get killed or t...
11.6K 221 42
The crazy Emperor wants to kill me because he thought I was his wife that betrayed him. *** Suddenly, he drew his sword, pointing it directly to my v...
1.4K 18 17
Cold, Ruthless, Merciless and Frightening. These are the characteristics of the Emperor that many people in the Empire of Fhorion agree on. Emperor...