Take Me Back To Paddington (S...

By KimEdwood

Bearing a famous resemblance of the modern Sherlock Holmes, Lisa Isaac never fails to uncover murder and suic... More

Author's Note
Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 - The Death
Chapter 13 - The Reports
Chapter 14 - The Interrogation
Chapter 15 - The Push
Chapter 16 - The Search
Chapter 17 - The Talk
Chapter 18 - The God She Loves
Chapter 19 - The Post Mortem of Chae R.
Chapter 20 - The Dark Fog
Chapter 21 - The Psychic
Chapter 22 - The Psychic 2
Chapter 24 - The Soul Seller
Chapter 25 - The Soul Buyer
Chapter 26 - The Warnings
Chapter 27 - The First Night
Chapter 28 - The First Night 2
Chapter 29 - The Chae
Chapter 30 - The Opposite
Chapter 31 - The Opposite 2
Chapter 32 - The Date
Chapter 33 - The Date 2
Chapter 34 - The Night Stroll
Chapter 35 - The Glass Wall
Chapter 36 - The Notebook
Chapter 37 - The Seeker
Chapter 38 - The Encounter
Chapter 39 - The Lost Souls
Chapter 40 - The Sweats
Chapter 41 - The Chae
Chapter 42 - The Soul Travellers
Chapter 43 - The Lisa
Chapter 44 - The Plan
Chapter 45 - The Cross ✝️
Chapter 46 - The Cross II ✝️
Chapter 47 - The Church
Chapter 48 - The Angel's Grace
Chapter 49 - The Encounter II
Chapter 50 - EPILOGUE
BOOK TWO (Coming Soon)
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - The Heating
Chapter 3 - The Decision
Chapter 4 - The News
Chapter 5 - The Drink
Chapter 6 - The Options
Chapter 7 - The Takeaway
Chapter 8 - The Last Customer
Chapter 9 - The Last Customer II
Chapter 10 - The Way Back Home
Chapter 11 - The Way Back Home II
Chapter 12 - The Father
Chapter 13 - The Father II
Chapter 14 - The Child
Chapter 15 - The Jealousy
Chapter 16 - The New Deal
Chapter 17 - The New Journey
Chapter 18 - The Approaches
Chapter 19 - The Message
Chapter 20 - The Call
Chapter 21 - The Lunch
Chapter 22: The Lunch II
Chapter 23 - The Chase
Chapter 24 - The Ride
Chapter 25 - The Confessions
Chapter 26 - The Conditions
Chapter 27 - The Friends
Chapter 28 - The Friends II
Chapter 29 - The Request
Chapter 30 - The Breakfast
Chapter 31 - The Envelope
Chapter 32 - The Temptation
Chapter 33 - The Friday Night
Chapter 34 - The Fall
Chapter 35 - The Doe Eyes
Chapter 36 - The Shower ✝️
Chapter 37 - The Awakening
Chapter 38 - The Answers
Chapter 39 - The Journey I
Chapter 40 - The Journey II
Chapter 41 - The Last Fight
Chapter 42 - The Deceit
EPILOGUE - The Angel's Grace II
END SCENE

Chapter 23 - The Believers

1.5K 177 90
By KimEdwood

10k reads special ❤ Chaelisas how are you breathing todaayyyy

"Have you lost your freaking mind, Lisa?!" Jisoo's voice stabbed my heart. "What's wrong with you?!"

I looked at Jennifer who had nothing but worries and fear on her face as she was sitting on the sofa. I expected her to say something, especially when her wife was scolding me. Her help to calm the situation down was much needed at the moment, but she didn't.

She was just muting herself, head down.

"I didn't know what to do that time" I spoke for myself. "Everything was just fast. We met, talked, and set the deal. Just like that"

"He's a scammer, Lisa! That's what he does to make you pay him!"

"But what if he really shows up tonight?"

Jisoo walked closer to me as I was sitting at the dining table with Baxter.

"You are not going anywhere tonight, Lisa. Do you hear me?!"

My eyebrows lifted up as my eyes widened.

"What? I made a deal with him. I must go"

"You made a deal with him to make a deal with a demon!" The older woman continued to scold me. "Do you even hear yourself?!"

"But, Chae-"

"Chae is gone!" She snapped, startling me. "She's dead, Lisa! Can you stop?!"

Jisoo hit me with the truth about my girlfriend; Chae had passed.

I knew for good that Chae was gone. I saw her lying on the table at the mortuary with my own eyes. I saw the images of her post mortem process; her body was sliced and opened from the chest until her stomach, the top section of her skull was removed to get the access to her brain.

But I didn't do any of this to make Chae alive again. Well, I would definitely do it if I could but even Draco said it didn't work that way. So there was nothing wrong with me doing this, except for the demon thing, yes that was wrong.

"But Chae needs my help, Jisoo"

The woman put her hands at her waist, standing as her eyes were staring at me.

"You trust what that guy told you?"

"I don't know what to trust, alright?" I hugged my own body. "But I think it's better if I do it anyway, risk it so I'll be at peace than do nothing and not be able to sleep at night thinking about why I didn't help her"

"It's all guilt, Lisa. He uses your guilt towards Chae!"

Sighing, I spoke again. "If he's lying, I would lose my savings" I still tried to convince her no matter how hard it had became. "But what if he's right?" I paused. "Chae needs my help"

"You are talking about someone who has passed away" Jisoo stood across the table, resting her palms on its surface. "What happened to you, Lisa?" She asked. "What happened to when you die then you just die? What happened to these kind of things turn you off?"

I didn't take my eyes off her, letting my vision to get blurry when my eyes started to well in tears.

"I've been having those kind of perceptions all my life," I said softly. "I want to at least feel the difference in life because it's been the same, just basic"

"By playing with demons?"

"Jisoo, I don't mind about the demons" I stated. "I just want to do this for Chae. This is like the last thing I could do for her"

The woman turned her head to look at her wife, Jennifer, who was still silent.

"Babe!" She called for her. "Are you letting this? Say something!" Jisoo looked at Baxter and I again. "Nick, you too?"

"I don't agree with what you are planning to do, Lisa" Jennifer finally let her voice out. "And I know you wouldn't listen to any of us" She shifted slightly on the sofa with the discomfort I could see. "But I sense something wrong in this whole plan"

Wiping my tears off, I asked. "What?"

"Okay, let's say it's all true, Chae really asks for your help"

"Babe!" Jisoo interrupted her.

"No, listen to me first" Jennifer claimed her time to speak up with her hand gestures in the air.

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "I can't believe you"

"Listen, Lisa" The other woman seeked for my attention. "We all know you and I'm sure Chae knows you too," She started to get the things in her mind out. "Think about it, Lisa. If Chae is being held and she can't help herself, why did she choose you? No offense but you are the weakest"

I frowned instantly.

"What do you mean by that?"

"That guy said it's a demonic force, right?"

I nodded.

"And Chae chooses you? An atheist? Someone who knows nothing about the religion itself? Someone who doesn't believe in supernatural forces?" She made her point clear. "It would make sense to me if she asks a priest to help her, but not you, Lisa"

"Yes!" Jisoo joined in. "I agree on that part, Lisa. This doesn't make sense"

"I mean, if my soul would be thrown to hell, I wouldn't risk it in the hands of someone who doesn't even know prayers to weaken the demon" The other woman continued.

Jennifer's point muted me straight away when she actually had a valid point, a very strong one I would say. Why did Chae ask for help from someone like me when she knew what kind of person I was?

Chae literally had to drag me out from the bed every Sunday morning to go to the church together. She saw how I yawned during the boring lecture. She knew better that I just wanted to hold her hand and spend my time with her in the church.

I was just useless when it came to religious stuffs.

"It only has the power over you if you think it does" Nick spoke out of the blue, getting all the attentions in the room to himself.

"What?" Jennifer questioned in bafflement, just like Jisoo and I.

"Ephesians 2:1-3," Nick answered her. "Every human being who has ever lived (except Jesus) has been enslaved to a way of thinking generated by the prince of the power of the air, Satan"

Jennifer was silent again, probably because her argument was crushed by Nick. Well, that was what I thought since I didn't know what Baxter just talked about.

But he sounded like he spoke about the, Bible?

"Chae can't fight the demon because she believes in it. That's what giving it the power" He elaborated. "You can't too, Jen. I can't. Even a priest can't," Baxter said. "Because we are all believers. We believe in God, angels and demons" He brought his innocent eyes to me. "But Lisa isn't"

I swallowed my throat as I was getting goosebumps.

"Lisa could be the only person in Chae's life who doesn't believe in anything" He continued. "The demon is powerless because Lisa doesn't validate it"

The room was filled with silence for seconds when Nick's sentences gave the sparks in our minds.

"Are you kidding me, Nick?!" Jisoo's voice inserted the noises back. "Why are you giving Lisa that idea?!"

"I'm not giving her any idea, I'm just answering to Jen"

"Who asked you to answer?!"

That was the thing that The Kims didn't know about Nick Baxter; a naive. He would take anything in its literal form.

He thought this session was a discussion, questions and answers time, while actually it was a confrontation to convince me not to do this deal. Nick shouldn't have talked about anything that would encourage me into it, but he didn't get that part.

It was just like what he said he did; he was just answering to Jennifer.

"Guys," I called for their focus on me instead of those demon things. "I'm doing this"

"Goddamn it!" Jisoo exclaimed, walking away from the table.

"I'm sorry, Jisoo" I spoke. "I'm still going tonight, with or without anyone's approval"

"You don't have to, Lisa" Jennifer got into the conversation. "What makes you think that? Just for the sake of peace?"

We connected our eyes and I guessed she already knew what my answer would be. She just wanted me to say it.

"I love her," I answered. "That's the only reason I need"

Jisoo slammed her body on the sofa right next to her wife, crossing her arms with anger all over her face and body gestures.

"I knew it!" Jisoo expressed her frustration.

"What is it?" The other woman asked.

"I always had this weird feeling about Chae Richards before, something was just not right about that woman" Jisoo shook her head. "I was never clicked with her"

"Jisoo..." My voice was as weak as how my heart just broke when I heard what she just said. "Please don't say that about Chae"

"I have told you, didn't I?" She continued. "I told you so many times that I don't want you to get hurt by her"

"I'm not-"

"First, she didn't want to have sex with you even though you wanted to. She made you followed her terms and conditions in order for you to date her," Jisoo's voice was getting higher. "And you just freaking followed whatever hell she wanted!"

At this point I just knew that Jisoo had lost her patience, releasing all her thoughts about Chae Richards that she never spoke before.

"Babe" Jennifer tried to stop her, but no one could.

"Even now?!" Jisoo ignored her wife. "She's already gone and you still follow her request?!"

I got up instantly, hand grabbing my cell phone on the table.

"Stop all this, Lisa. Go find another woman to love, move on!"

I left everything Jisoo said out from my brain, opening the door as I was leaving and I heard the sound of the dining chair being pushed, followed by Baxter's steps after that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 88 10
Lisa falls in love for the first time. She should be happy but things are not easy especially if the girl that she fell in love with was Jennie, her...
12.9K 353 27
Jenlisa fanfiction A story based on two friends Jennie and Lisa who have known each other for years and who really love each other, but one day Jenn...
74.4K 2.7K 30
tells the poignant tale of childhood sweethearts, Jennie and Lisa, whose paths diverged when Lisa's family faced financial hardships, forcing her to...
238K 10.8K 32
"Will I see her again?" "I don't think so." Those are the last words Jennie Kim hears before the masked abductor knocks her unconscious then Jennie...