FINDING AZURE | THE LAST CHAP...

Por Bretaughtyou

(Last addition to the Finding Azure Series, do not read if you haven't read Armani | Undecided first) The ga... Más

🌺MAIN CAST 🌺
PROLOGUE / GOODMORNING
ONE : ART CLASS
TWO : DADDY DUTIES
THREE : BRUNCH
FOUR : BREAKING DOWN
FIVE : WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
SIX: UNDERCOVER LOVE
SEVEN : HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE
EIGHT : GROWING UP
NINE : OLD FRIENDS
TEN : DATE NIGHT
ELEVEN : GOOD ENOUGH
TWELVE : GUYS NIGHT
THIRTEEN : WANNA DANCE?
FOURTEEN : DADDY ISSUES
FIFTEEN : FRIEND REQUEST
SIXTEEN : THE BIRDS AND THE BEES
SEVENTEEN : OLD FAMILY
EIGHTEEN : YOU'RE...
TWENTY - LOVE OVER PAIN
TWENTY ONE - VALUE
TWENTY TWO - FED UP
TWENTY THREE - THE TRUTH
TWENTY FOUR - HOME SICK
TWENTY FIVE - FLAWS AND ALL
TWENTY SIX - SAME OLE' SONG
TWENTY SEVEN - HPBD CYAN
TWENTY EIGHT - ONE LAST TIME
TWENTY NINE - LOVE IN ITS PUREST FORM
THIRTY - JUST LIKE YOU
THIRTY ONE - A GOOD FRIEND
THIRTY TWO - BROKEN
THIRTY THREE - NOT ANYMORE
THIRTY FOUR - DOWN HILL
THIRTY FIVE - LIKE FATHER LIKE SON
THIRTY SIX - LOVE LOST
THIRTY SEVEN - DILEMMA
THIRTY EIGHT - THE LAST CHAPTERS |PART ONE
THIRTY NINE - THE LAST CHAPTERS PART TWO
FORTY - EPILOGUE - GOODNIGHT
🦋THANK YOU 🦋
FINDING AZURE / SABREAMARIE.COM

NINETEEN : THE CALM

12.6K 708 346
Por Bretaughtyou

"Okay guys, so for today's prompt I want you to write a piece to someone in your life. It can be someone you love, you look up to, or just a special someone. It's up to you" Kate, the writing coach announced to the class.

She turned to the white board, jotting it down as she continued speaking of the prompt for the workshop.

"Do you know who you're going to do?" Micah asked Kayla, who of course already started.

"Yeah" she replied, "You?"

Micah scratched the side of his head, as the inspiration to write the poem wasn't coming as easy as it seemed to be for everyone else. He wasn't one to be mushy, so to express his feelings for how he felt about anyone was foreign to him.

"Not yet" he said, tapping his finger against his phone as he stared at the notes.

"Don't overthink it, just...let it flow" she said with a smirk, reiterating his own words back to him.

Micah jokingly scoffed, but knew she was right. Writing had to come natural, it had to be felt, or else the passion just wouldn't be there. Unfortunately at the moment he wasn't feeling that, not at first anyway.

With only a few minutes left on the clock, the person he wanted to write about popped into his head. His hands began to feverishly record the words in his notes, only for Kate to finally yell times up.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" She asked looking around the class.

A wave of hands raised, again everyone except Micah fully prepared. With his head down, he continued to release the overflow of words in his head - as he didn't want to lose it.

"I will"

Micah raised his head at the sound of Kayla's voice. He was surprised, but pleasantly; Kayla was always too nervous to participate - her fear of crowds or just people in general, the main reason why she just liked to watch instead of going up herself.

"Ohh okay Kayla" Kate smiled, "Do you have a name for your piece?"

"Ummm, not yet" she nervously spoke.

"That's fine, we're ready when you are"

Kayla nodded, slowly making her way to the front of the room. For once she wished the kids in the workshop were like the ones at school, too rowdy or disconnected to care that she was presenting in front of everyone. Instead all eyes were on her, and she suddenly regretted the choice to step out of her comfort zone.

Micah on the other hand was extremely proud; Mouthing to Kayla to breathe as he could tell she was extremely nervous by the way her eyes were screaming for help. She cleared her throat, and looking up from her paper she finally spoke.

Micah's heart sped up as he began to catch onto the theme of the poem.

He tried his hardest to keep his cheesy smile at bay, instead his eyes growing wide with every alliteration and similes she used to describe him as if he was a piece of art. And while at first she was extremely nervous, the new found confidence in her tone was quickly felt around the room - her words hitting everyone and it was clear that Kayla's poems were meant to be heard.

"Wow Kayla that was beautiful" Kate exclaimed, "Please, share more often"

"Thanks" Kayla smiled bashfully.

Heading back over to her seat, she hung her head in a coyly manner in order to avoid the stare of everyone including Micah's. She was relieved when he didn't say anything at all, however she also began to wonder if it was because he thought it was quite creepy.

    "Hey, Kayla wait up" Micah called out after the workshop was over.

Although the two were supposed to be walking to the bus stop together, Kayla dashed out of the doors the moment the clock struck four.

"Dang girl, the bus doesn't come for twenty minutes"

"Sorry" she laughed awkwardly, "I was ~"

"Running from me?" He spiked his brow.

"I wasn't running"

"Okay, walking fast. Don't you want to talk about your poem?"

  "Not exactly" she said looking down at her feet.

"Why? I mean clearly you really like this guy" Micah smiled tauntingly.

Kayla shrugged, "You could say that"

"I could? Okay. Well I, I mean he probably likes you a lot too"

Kayla smirked, but didn't respond as she turned away to finish her walk to the bus stop. Micah's feet fell in line with hers, and as he did on the regular he placed his arms around her shoulders.

"So, who did you write about?" She asked.

"Someone important" Micah answered, not giving much clue to who, "Probably not as good as yours though"

"I'm sure it is...and just to be sure you didn't think mine was creepy?"

"No, I told you. It was nice, and that guy is lucky"  

"That guy is you Micah" Kayla muttered.

"I know...I just wanted to hear you say it" Micah shrugged with a smile.

Kayla playfully punched him in the arm, and with his bottom lip poked out he rubbed the sore spot.

"I guess you have a hard time picking up sarcasm" He snickered.

"Sorry, I just didn't want to assume. I don't exactly know what we are..."

Kayla played with the tips of her hair nervously, and Micah knew now would be the right time to make a certain move he had been wanting to.

"How about...my girlfriend?"

Micah scratched the back of his head nervously as Kayla gave him no response, telling him she was in deep thought - a reaction he picked up on as she did it a lot.

"I mean if you don't ~"

"Yes" Kayla finally blurted out.

Micah's smile emerged, "For real? Like no games, K. I know I play too much, and I have anger issues but I'm working on that and ~"

Shutting him up, Kayla pushed her lips against his. Micah was glad she did that, since his nerves were actually starting to get the best of him. He didn't know what it was about Kayla that made him feel weird inside, like his chest was on fire and his stomach was in knots; But it was oddly a feeling he liked, as he couldn't find it anywhere else.

With her arms secured around his neck, Micah held her close - their lips intertwined with each others, the staccato of their heart beats falling together.

"So, what do boyfriend and girlfriends do?" Kayla asked with a slight giggle, their lips finally breaking apart.

Micah rubbed his chin, and it was safe to say he had also been waiting for this opportunity as well.

"I mean, I think I got an idea" he gave her a knowing look.

Kayla smiled uncomfortably, moving a piece of hair behind her ear. Micah hadn't said much, but just by his expression she was sure what his next words would be.

      "Got damn, baby" Ron hissed, staring down at Marley who was overworking him, "Slow down"

He covered his lips with his tongue, his elbows pressed into the mattress beneath him. Just from Marley's sloppy head alone he could feel himself coming to the edge, but he wasn't ready for that just yet.

Although the two were supposed to be getting ready for Jocelyn's dinner, Ron's flight was leaving first thing the next morning and the two couldn't keep their hands off of each other since those would be the last hands they would be feeling with a long two months ahead of them.

Ignoring Ron's request, Marley sped up the pace - sending him into euphoria with the suction of her cheeks combined with her hand work. He mumbled words underneath his breath, moving his hand around and grabbing a fist full of her hair just how she liked it. He tilted her head back, a seductive grin on her face as he stared directly in her light eyes. The same eyes that captivated him every time he looked into them, and the same ones he would miss staring into.

While two months wasn't that long in perspective, away from his family he was sure it would feel like a lifetime. And while he could always take a quick trip home he was sure with Korey's schedule it probably would be close to impossible, but he told himself he would make a way. There was no telling how much tension his last job away put on their marriage, and as they were in a much better place he definitely didn't want to go back to that.

"You gon miss me while I'm gone?" Ron grunted, his hands running over her backside, Marley now laying on her stomach and ready to take everything he was getting ready to give her.

"I miss you already" she purred, looking back at him.

Ron smirked, next beginning to plant kisses down her back. Marley slowly arched her back, giving him a perfect view of her swollen lips from behind. Ron rubbed his two fingers along her clit only for them to immediately be covered in her sticky juices. She moaned into her mouth at the cool feel of his fingers, taking them in slowly as he penetrated her with his pointer and middle finger, his thumb resting in between her cheeks.

"You're a tease" she giggled under her breath, "We don't have all night"

"We have as long as I take" he growled.

However he knew she was right. The two were cutting it close, and knowing Armani she would be blowing them up any second to make sure they would be on time for the dinner. Ron didn't care much, since technically Jocelyn wasn't any family of his and the only reason he was attending was for his father and sisters sake. If it were up to him, he would be spending his last night at home with his kids instead of leaving them at home with Micah, another one he was going to miss a lot.

"Told you" Marley sucked her teeth once her phone began to go off.

"Don't answer it" Ron shrugged, continuing to kiss all of his favorite spots.

Marley let it ring, and the two tried their best to get back into the mood.

"You know what I was thinking?" Ron asked mid kiss.

"What?" Marley moaned.

"Let's have another baby"

"Mhhph, this sound like jail talk" Marley slit her eyes.

Ron chuckled, his dimples caving into his cheeks as they always so handsomely did. That alone turned her on even more, and she asked herself who wouldn't want to have another baby by that.

"But I'm in" she smiled.

"That was easy" Ron raised his eyebrow, "We're shooting for a girl this time right?"

"A girl would be nice" Marley shrugged, "But I think I'm better with boys"

"I guess we'll have to see" Ron smiled, bringing her in closer and spreading her legs with his knees.

He didn't need to assist her in arching her back perfectly as she was already in position, allowing him to slide right in. Marley cursed out loud just from the pain mixed with pleasure she was experiencing.

Again her phone began to ring but this time neither acknowledged it, instead letting it ring off the hook.

"Damn bitch, what if I was dying?!" Armani spat the moment Marley finally answered the phone.

Marley rolled her eyes, reaching into the shower to turn the water on "But you aren't, what do you want?"

"I'm running late picking up my Mom's cake because I have to get the kids from Shonda, and the bakery closes in like thirty minutes. Do you think you could grab it?"

"You know I usually would help you out, but we're just now getting ready. And Micah isn't home yet to watch the kids"

"Where that little nigga at anyway?" Ron asked entering the bathroom, getting ready to enter the shower as well.

"Writing workshop with Kayla" Marley replied, "And girl, just tell Shonda you'll be a little late. Ya'lls family now" she laughed.

"Girl bye, I was scared to even leave my kids with her. But Kayan is busy at work and I had a few things to get done. I guess I'll continue running around with my head cut off, thanks anyway" Armani sighed heavily into the phone.

"Sorry mamas, but we'll see you soon"

Marley disconnected the call, next turning to Ron with an uneasy expression.

"What?" He furrowed his brows.

"I just know that's going to be me as soon as you leave" she twisted her mouth.

One part of her slightly regretted pushing Ron to take an opportunity he had already turned down, while the other part wanted her husband to have the ability to chase his dreams. Unfortunately chasing them meant leaving his family behind, and she hated to see him go.

"Babe, I'll be back before you know it. And I told you, Ima try to catch a few flights back down here in between filming" Ron said bringing her into him, the two now completely naked and ready to enter the shower.

"I know, I can do it. I just have to buckle down" Marley motivated herself.

"And when I get back, I promise I'm going to treat you like the Queen you are baby" Ron placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay hotep" She joked.

"Ahhh funny" Ron tittered, "But forreal, I really appreciate you doing this for me. I wasn't going to go, because in reality this is where I need to be. Sure, taking my career to the next level is important to me but ya'll are more important. Don't forget that"

Marley blushed. It was amazing that years later her husband could still make her feel like a schoolgirl when he wanted to. She nodded as if to say she understood, and Ron planted a row of kisses down her face leading to her lips.

"Now get ya ass in that shower so I can come home to some good news" Ron gave her a knowing look.

Marley slit her eyes seductively, doing as he demanded. With barely any time left the couple kept up their nonstop lovemaking, and this time around Ron was trying to complete a certain job. He would be coming home forty thousand dollars richer even with the small pay cut for the shortened contract, and with that money he wanted to show his token of appreciation for his wife.

However this time around, he wasn't prepared for what was to come in L.A. As Korey Kamore's world was a crazy one, and unbeknownst to Marley she had basically thrown her husband into the lion's den.

Armani pulled up to the fifth street bakery, reading the time to make sure they were still open after her desperate attempt to get there in time. She let out a sigh of relief as she managed to clear through traffic in only twenty minutes.

With her purse and phone in hand, she hurriedly dialed Shonda's number to let her know she would be on her way soon to get her kids.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up a cake" Armani said fumbling into the small store.

"Okay, what's your name?" The cashier asked.

"Armani Deleon" she replied, her head in her phone as she made sure the number was correct before dialing out.

"Hello?" Shonda answered in a hushed tone.

"Hey, is everything okay" Armani said immediately realizing her low voice.

"Yeah" Shonda chuckled, "The kids are taking a nap, didn't want to wake them"

"I'm sorry I'm late coming to get them, I promise I'm on my way now" Armani assured her.

It was bad enough she wasn't able to actually stay during the playdate that quickly turned into Shonda babysitting, but now she was late because no one was available to pick up her Mothers cake. Most likely her dad was, however she still hadn't spoken to him in weeks.

She wasn't prepared to have to sit through a two hour dinner with him, pretending everything was okay when deep down she harbored a lot of anger towards him; For the things he did in the past and the things he continued to do.

"Girl it's fine, go enjoy the dinner and they can stay here" Shonda insisted.

Armani had to take a second look at the phone to make sure she was talking to thee Shonda.

"Uh, you sure girl? I don't want to take advantage"

"Yes, I'm completely sure. Mahlia will have a fit if she wakes up and they're gone, she's been having the time of her life" Shonda laughed, "Plus, I promised they could watch Coco when they wake up"

Armani smiled, relieved that everything was going well.
"Awww - okay great. I promise, no later than nine"

"Alright now, see you then"

Just as Armani ended the call, the cashier was bringing her cake over to the counter. She analyzed it, confirming that she was happy with it before she paid and quickly was out of the door. Now that Shonda was watching the kids, it gave Armani a chance to actually get home and change. With dinner reservations at seven thirty at one of the most exclusive restaurants in Philly, she knew she was pushing it with it being a quarter after six.

Hopping back into traffic, she rushed home in a quick twenty minutes. Spotting K-Dot's car, she raised one brow as the last time she spoke with him he said he was still in Jersey.

"This boy had me running around for nothing" she muttered, hopping out of the White Range Rover.
Again, she fumbled with both the cake and her purse as she fought her way inside the house.

"Kayan!" Armani shouted, her voice bouncing off of the high walls.

However that must've not been loud enough as there was no response on K-Dot's end. After placing the cake in the fridge, she continued to call her husband's name but to no avail as he was nowhere to be found.

Deciding she didn't have any more time to play hide and seek, she quickly undressed in the master bedroom.

The sudden sound of a car door slamming caught her attention, and she took a quick peak outside of her bedroom windows inconspicuously.

Seeing K-Dot step out of the burgundy Kia Optima, a big question mark formed in her head since she didn't know anybody with that specific car. The expression on his face was clearly irritated, and he didn't bother to turn back around to the person in the car.

Hearing the front door close, Armani went back to undressing for her shower.

"Hey baby, I thought you said you weren't going to have time to stop home?" K-Dot said stepping into the room.

"Who was that?" Armani asked, not wasting any time to find answers.

"Who was who?"

K-Dot made his way into the closet to search for an outfit for the night, trying his best to avoid Armani's suspicious glare.

"The person's whose car you just got out of"

"Oh that?" K-Dot snickered nervously, "That was my cousin Reem, you remember him right?"

"The one from North Philly?" Armani shifted her weight onto one side.

"Yeah" K-Dot nodded, "I got off a little early, and he wanted to chat. That alright with you?" He smirked tauntingly.

Armani rolled her eyes, finally grabbing her towel, "Don't get hurt boy"

K-Dot gave his best impression of a laugh, only to quickly drop his expression once Armani was out of the room. He was laughing on the outside, but on the inside he was burning up from the situation he was now in. And sure, this time he was able to quickly come up with a lie but he knew if anything like that ever happened again he might not be so lucky.

"Alright, just wait right here. I'll be back out once their gone" Micah said in a hushed tone.  

Kayla nodded, looking around her hideout which seemed to be their side patio. She smiled nervously, and he gave her a few pecks that actually made her feel a little less angst.

"Okay, hurry" Kayla whispered.

Micah turned away, rushing towards the front door and entering that way instead. Just in time, Marley and Ron were in the family room putting on their final pieces for the night.

"I was about to put out a missing persons report on yo ass" Ron joked, grabbing the car keys.

"Sorry" Micah snickered, "The bus was late, not all of us drive y'know"

"It's cool. When I get back, just remind me and we're on the road to get you ready for your test"

"For sure, for sure" Micah nodded, "...Welp, have a good night, enjoy the dinner and don't forget to bring me home something" he snapped his fingers.

"Boy" Marley laughed at her brother, "Just make sure my sons are in bed soon, and no junk food"

"Okay, got it"

Micah tried his best to play it cool, every second that passed only making him more fidgety. He was thankful that Marley and Ron were just as much in a rush as him.

"Alrighttt, see you later" Marley called out as she opened the front door, "Goodnight boys!"

"Goodnight!" the twins yelled back, their attention not moving away from the cartoon movie on the screen.

Once the door was shut and the coast was clear, Micah turned to his nephews.

"Alright, who wants to play a game?" He asked, rubbing his hands together.

"Like hide and seek?" Nile tilted his head.

Micah rubbed his chin, "Something like that. Let's call it who can stay in the room the longest"

"That's not fun" Haji shook his head, "We watch Coco"

"No we stay in our room while uncle Micah has company. And I'll give you both five dollars" he shrugged.

The twins gave each other a look as if they were reading each other's minds, and after a few seconds Haji turned to face Micah.

"Okay" he exclaimed, hopping off the couch.

Micah smiled satisfied, happy to see the two boys running up the steps and out of the living room.

"Alright, we're good." he said as he finally opened up the door to the patio.

Kayla checked her surroundings, hesitantly entering the large home from the secret entrance. It was clear that Micah's family definitely had more money than hers, proving that even though she went to a pretty good school she was far from the likes of the other kids whose parents were making good money. With Micah behind her, she gazed around the living room - simply afraid to take a seat anywhere.

"I was actually thinking my room would be better" Micah said gesturing towards the stairs.

"Oh...right" Kayla cleared her throat, "Do you mind if I get some water first"

"No problem, wait right there"

Micah hurried to the kitchen, giving Kayla enough time to take a deep breath once he was out of the room. She paced back and forth, trying to grasp what she had gotten herself into. It was true that she liked Micah, a lot even, but was she ready to deflower herself - as her Mother would call it - for a boy she hadn't been officially dating for more than an hour.

"You okay?"

Startled, Kayla jumped from the sound of Micah's voice.

"Yeah, sorry" she moved a piece of hair out of her face, "Just ~"

"Pacing? That means you're nervous" Micah told her, as if she wasn't aware of her own habits.

"Why do you always do that?" Kayla smirked, taking the water from him.

"Do what?"

"Finish my sentences. You think you know me so well"

Micah flashed his pearly whites, for which he had two years of braces to think for that, "I do"

"Oh yeah?" Kayla asked, the small smile still attached to her face as she walked around the living room, "Then what am I thinking?"

Micah squinted his eyes, "Mhhh....that you're scared.
Of me"

"Why would I be scared...of you of all people?" Kayla tittered.

"Because, you think I'm going to hurt you; And if we do this, that gives me a reason to walk away. But I won't"

Kayla gulped, actually not surprised that Micah nailed the exact way that she was feeling. There were multiple things that could go wrong - and she knew first hand a few stories from her friends of how boys acted once they got what they wanted.

However looking at Micah, she couldn't stem up feelings of distrust. He had always been so careful of her feelings, and with that she figured maybe he was the one.

"If you don't want to ~"

"I want to" she nodded, "I just...don't know what to do"

Micah was just as clueless, but he was too close now to back away. This was the moment every boy waited for, and he was finally having his moment. He would never be teased again, as next time he would definitely have a story to tell.

"It's okay, you can trust me" he said, putting his hand out for her to take it.

Kayla placed her hand into his. Trust, she hadn't mastered that - but with Micah she hoped the little bit that she did instill with him wouldn't be broken.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

471K 17.5K 54
"THE FINAL CHAPTER." • • • Campbell West Cade has been through a lot of trauma in her seventeen y...
9.9K 166 74
"You don't want me..." I breathed, selfishly leaning into his touch. But I quickly pull away. "I'm different and so not your type," I muttered, looki...
3.5K 293 47
Jazelle Owen is born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She's filthy rich, but she has only one goal. To save money and buy a condo for herself. She w...