Repulsion

By UniqueNImperfect

If unlikes attract, then likes should repel too. Or is REPULSION just an illusion. An illusion so real, tha... More

0
1
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
EPILOGUE-1
AFFECTION-BOOK 2
EPILOGUE-2
Heartfelt thanks!

22.

6K 322 14
By UniqueNImperfect

E R I C

She was focussed on her laptop taking frequent sips from her coffee, Nonna made for us.

Damn! I had such a hard time to control the grin when she agreed to work with me.
Ok may be just for this project.
But I'll make sure I extend her service.

"Sir the structure is compatible with the location. And about finances, I think we should use the last year profit fund in this. That would be enough."

I hummed at her suggestion clearly distracted.

Oh Eric! Hold yourself!

I sat up straight and stern, "Let me check."

We continued our work unless dad decided to disrupt our peace.

"Both of you are busy. I thought I'll have someone to talk with.", Dad made a fake pout, clearly amused.

"We are busy dad.", I said in a bored tone not waiting to glance up at him.

"Ahh James I will just finish it and come.", That's why she is my parent's favourite.

"Erica I am your boss. You will work unless I permit you to leave.", I said sternly.
However, Dad was amused and she with a bent head was smiling too, "Not yet."

I shook my head and focussed on my work.
But I'll admit she looks quite cute when smiling, and that happens rarely with me around.

When we came down for dinner, I expected only Nonna but my complete family was there,excluding David, who I better not think about.

"Ah both of you are done!", Mom exclaimed..
"Aww my babies, you don't have to work on holidays.", Nonna commented.
I ignored it while Erica answered them politely explaining the work was important and bla bla.

"So nonna I'll have to leave early for I have to go to this island i plan to buy.", Everyone gasped except the one beside me. Because she already knew.

Dad smiled proudly, "I am proud of you son! You're extending our property so well. I knew I'll cherish my decision to hand you the throne."

Mom's face, however fell, "Eric will you not come to your mansion?"

My eating halted and I became stiff suddenly.

I felt Nonna's hand on mine giving it a slight squeeze..

I remember how she lectured me yesterday to forget the past and cherish the present.
And how both my parents are staying here, just for the sake of spending time with me.
And to convince me to go back to the mansion, I left years ago.

The table went silent as everyone anticipated my reaction with expectant eyes.

I am not called heartless or cold for no reasons.
I ignored those eyes and focussed on my food.

The faces of elders definitely fell, but I stopped myself from being bothered.

I won't go to that place.

"We will come Nonna!", I heard a chirpy voice of the one sitting beside me.

My head snapped in her direction to find my brown haired PA giving them a assured smile.

What!?
Who is she to decide!?

I clutched my fork but remained silent because the last time I reacted, I messed it up very badly.

The table became happy again. But I was raging from inside.

Once done, I stood up, "Erica come in the study. I want to have a 'word' with you."

E R I C A

After he left, Nonna looked terrified, "No Erica you aren't going. He was dripping with anger."

"Yes Mom is right. Stay here Erica. He will hurt you."

"Even I agree", Jess said, "He's not in a right state of mind."

I looked up at his retreating figure.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I stood up, "He won't hurt me. I know it."

James stood up, "No Erica he is very sensitive about that topic. He will hurt you."

"James...He did hurt me. But he saved me too..", I trailed off.

"But Erica!?"

"I should atleast try James.", I smiled in his direction whereas a havoc was going on in me.

Yes! I am scared of him.

With slow and delayed steps, I reached the study, only to find him leaning on the window in a very promising posture.

The moonlight shining on half of his figure, making the outline of his nose, lips and eyes more prominent.

I cleared my throat but he remained unfazed as if already aware of my presence.

I was almost convinced that he will remain silent, when he finally spoke up, "Explain yourself Erica!"

His eyes pierced in mine and I shifted uncomfortably in my place.

"S_Sir James and Jess wanted you to be there for atleast one meal. And they were quite sad when you didn't agree to their wish. I swear it won't be that bad. They'll be happy in the end. Even Nonna..", My cocky boss was back, because I was interrupted.

"Do you know why I don't go there!?"

I fidgeted, "Um...No...But whatever it is...They are your parents...And I thi...."

"Erica why are you testing my patience. You worked for me. You should know I don't care what my parents feel or not! And if you haven't realized till now, then I will state it more clearly I. WILL. NOT. GO. TO. THE. MANSION!"

I took a step back in dread because the way he was seething, I could see how difficult it is for him to utter those few words.

I shook my head and maintained a calm posture.
"I wanted to say something else also.", I spoke up. Thankfully my voice didn't waver.

He remained silent examining me with a stoic expression on his face.

Taking it as a queue to speak, I continued, "I want to join back. Come to States as your PA."

His eyes widened.
And I smiled triumphantly to successfully catch him off guard.

"You sure!? Because this time I will hire you and not Dad.  That can be you know a bit more difficult..."

"It's not even 24 hours when someone assured me I am strong.", I maintained a poker face like the jerk I was talking to.

"But I want something in return."

"Oh ofcourse. You'll get a raise in the salary. Don't worry about that. I'll personally look after that."
I shook my head at him, "That's not what I want."

His eyes narrowed, "What it is then!?"

I was bothered again and shifted uncomfortably in my place.
"Um....Lets go for a dinner..."

He smirked, "Asking me out!? Huh!?"

I hid the amusement behind the blush.

"...In your Mansion."

The smirk on his face vanished immediately.

He stood up and strode towards me with long stride.
Oh shit! I think he'll hit me now.

I closed my eyes tight, covering my face with my hands.

This is what his family was dreading about.

I took deep breaths to get ready for the impact but even after seconds, nothing came.

I opened my eye slightly to see him standing very near to me with folded hands, examining me.

"You think I'll hit you...", His words came out like accusation.

I blinked my eyes many times to search for a reply, but I had none.
Yes I thought you'll hurt me.

I shook my head negatively, "I...just....That day...."

"You still haven't forgot about that day.", He voice came out eerily low.

I gulped.

God this man is so unpredictable.

He came closer even if that was possible.
"To prove to you that I regretted my behavior that day. It won't repeat. And to get your forgiveness for the same. I WILL COME."
My eyes widened and a grin was ready to form on my lips.

Anyhow I controlled, "Thankyou Sir!"

I was about to run to James, Jess, and Nonna to give them the good news, when I heard him.

"I am not going because you gave me a shitty ultimatum. But you are going to work for me. Tomorrow after dinner, you will sign your appointment letter. And come with me to States."
I nodded frantically, "I promise."
He scoffed, "And don't ever give me such conditions Erica."
I smilingly shook my head, "Never BOSS!"

I think I missed it but he was smiling hearing my last word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 11.3K 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘀𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘧π˜ͺ𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘒𝘀𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘸𝘒𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘡, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘳𝘢π˜₯𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘡...
1.5M 46.8K 50
He hates me...He hates me to such an extent that even though i am lawfully his he wouldnt accept me or look at me...because i am the reason he lost t...
35 2 9
I'm a romantic girl. Small town vibes. I wear flowery dresses and illustrate underwear. So when I meet my new neighbor, I'm nice to him, but he's rud...
309K 15.5K 41
Being attracted to someone because of their appearance is common but to be attracted to someone because of the kindness of their heart is not.