His Redemption

De OliviaDey

He was a prince they said ,who was destined to be doomed. Like a cursed vagabond he had no relief from his to... Mai multe

I N T R O D U C T I O N
Prologue
C A S T
Chapter 1 - Heart Made Of Glass My Mind Of Stone
Chapter 2- When We Meet
Chapter 3- Away from Home
Chapter 4 - It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 5 - The Trial
Chapter 6- The Judgment
The Return
Chapter 7 - Farewell
Chapter 8 - She Feels Good
The Arrival of an Unexpected Guest
The Freshers Party
Engaged
Chapter 10 - Coming Closer
Chapter 11 - A Rebel Prince
Chapter 12 - The Meeting
Chapter 13 - Rogue Attack
Chapter 14 - Departure

The Loveland Couple

132 9 2
De OliviaDey

"And then..

"I will put the microwave off after ten minutes.",Adrian completed not letting her finish as she cast him a sceptical look.

He sighed pressing her shoulders comfortingly with his hands.

"I will survive , I promise."

"You will?",she challenged playfully .

Adrian rolled his eyes. "Lissa, this is your first day in college. I don't want you to worry about me . I'll be fine in your apartment."

She frowned as he added not before chuckling.

"Yes of course and I will eat properly."

" I better get going then.",she smiled and kissed his cheek.

If vampires could blush Adrian would be something now that resembled a tomato. He wasn't sure if he should give her a hug.

Melissa felt her face burning and wondered why she even did that.

"Good luck.",he rubbed his neck awkwardly as she waved him bye.

.

The halls were dressed in black and white and the tiles like a checker board with humans as the pieces. Melissa Davis this was where her actions had lead up to and there was no going back now.

Model worthy girls giggling and perched on the tables with exotic gossips. Tall jocks in their jersey parading their toned muscles. Laughter rings from every corner here while the geeks and nerds sit in one corner staring at laptop screens with massive headphones and books. This is where she could fit in.

Everything pretty much resembled high school.

"Melissa!",Valentina almost screamed in excitement spotting her friend as she entered through the gate. "Girl, Is that really you?"

"I guess I am the one and only.",her friend laughed but had to shift due to the sudden weight and Valentina pulled her in a rib cracking hug.

"I have been so worried, Mel.".Valentina said in her concerned voice. "I tried to contact you so many times the last week. Your phone was off. I mean you just disappeared from the face of earth!",she threw her hands. "You stopped coming to work after that strange customer. My shift had been over by then but do you know what happened?"

"What is it, Val?",Melissa was definitely curious now.

"Rumours had it coming that he was your ex after everyone heard you both shouting and Mel!",Valentina cried. "They found his body a few kilometres away from our restaurant. It is suspected to be an accident case but the damaged arteries indicates something otherwise."

"This just didn't happen .",Melissa pretended to be in shock when she felt her flesh crawling.

"But it did.",Valentina replied. "Really weird. You should be grateful to Erik that he didn't tell the police about your argument before the man was murdered. We do trust you ,Mel. But you gotta tell us everything, alright?"

Erik was the owner of her restaurant where she and Valentina had worked and he was a friendly man in his thirties . Melissa could not thank her boss enough for being considerate to avoid this controversy in her name.

"Val.",she told the other girl. "I will tell you everything after our first class. It's History .For now, just know I just went for a little trip the last week to clear my mind. I lost my phone on the way and didn't remember your numbers so couldn't inform you."

"Okay.",Valentina had that look in her face that conveyed she didn't buy it. "Let's go."

.

Adrian put the third book down, frustated now. He just couldn't believe it.

Is this the crap they write about us supernaturals?

Damn these human authors!

He wondered why would vampires hate werewolves. The idea seemed ridiculous. He himself had few friends of that kind. Werewolves and vampires had always have been respectful and tolerant towards one another and maintained an alliance. The only difference was they lived among humans whereas the vampires had isolated themselves from the world.

Did Melissa really read this kind of nonsense? That explained her eyes as big as saucers whenever he told her anything about his world. He imagined her laughing when he would tell her about this. Her beautiful dimples adorning her face. He wanted her to have the best day.

What was college like? He could bet she loved studying and reading by the amount of books in her shelves. She wrote a lot too.

He was rudely interrupted when there was a knock on the door.

.

"What are YOU doing in my house, you big handsome fella? Out!"

"Oh dear!",the old lady had her hand on her heart. "Why didn't I think of this before!"

"You're her boyfriend, aren't you?"

"What?",he gaped. "No, no no,No! Ma'am you are thoroughly mistaken. It's not what you're thinking."

"You know perfectly well what I am thinking!",she hushed him. "Don't be shy with me now, boy! I am old enough to be your mother!"

Only difference she never ages.

Adrian smirked at the thought.

"Now, now boy, wipe that smirk off your face.",she glared at him. "I didn't cross sixty yet that was just to make you comfortable. Incase you're wondering I am Mrs.Elizabeth Gordon , your Landlady."

"Isn't this Melissa's house?",he asked confused.

"She stays here but it belongs to me and my husband .",she chuckled. "She is such a sweet girl, our Melissa, really finds happiness and love everywhere she goes."

And trouble too

Adrian thought smiling otherwise agreeing to whatever she said.

He found the antics of the humans really odd. Why would a decent person want to lend his home for money? For Findarans , the place they stayed was so much more than just a commodity. It was a place that carried the legacy of that family for generations and were never replaced with new ones.

"You're lucky to have someone so kind and caring. Poor child I don't understand what monster her parents would be that she doesn't want to stay with them.",sighed Mrs.Gordon. "Your name,boy?"

"Adrian Ma...",he stopped. The surname could give away his true identity. Though nobody in the human world knew about the Marsdens or Findara he would play it safe. "Adrian Mc.King.",he smiled.

"So Adrian.",she smiled back wickedly . "My husband Arthur isn't very fond of young men staying with ladies unmarried in his house. But I can very well make an exception if you tell me the truth."

"The truth?",he gulped. "I'm sorry ma'am. We are just friends and I am staying with her for a while."

"Then you can't stay here too, Sorry.",her voice gave no room for argument. "Bet you're one of her friends from college. Though the dorms are expensive you can try to fit in there."

.

After she had told Valentina everything about Viktor and very perfectly skipped about Findara ,Adrian staying with her and Zach killing Viktor, Melissa drank her coffee with ease. Her friend was convinced now to escape the tragedy of breaking the engagement she had been to England to settle everything with her parents and come back with rest of the luggage she left there.

Of course Melissa hated lying but she maintain her promise and protect Adrian. Valentina had already left for her next class which was Economics and it was one of the subjects she didn't have in her combination.

Paying the cafeteria lady she got up walking to her locker to get her things for the English Elective class. As she opened it ,she heard a groan. Cursing loudly she turned around to find a blond haired guy with dark framed specs rubbing his head. He was beautifully tanned with green eyes and a tall toned body.

"Shit!",she hissed at her own clumsiness . "Are you okay?"

"Yeah no damage done.",he smiled boyishly. "I think we have the same class now."

"Sorry.",she apologised with a nervous chuckle. "Yes we do."

"I'm Brad.",he introduced himself as he brought forward his hand. "Brad Evans."

"Melissa Davis.",she shook his hand.

"Brit?",he asked.

"Yes, American.",she laughed.

"Let's rock this year, then.",he grinned as they strode in the class.

.

Brad had been nice and friendly. He was here to study Archaeology and had History Major as his main subject. Unfortunately after his mother had married an alcoholic after his father's death , his step father had abused him in his late childhood which thus was never any pleasant. Now, he kept no contacts with his family and enjoyed living a life with his best friends at dorm inheriting his late father's property.

After that class she even introduced Brad to Valentina who couldn't stop gushing about how cute he was and that he was single. They had Geography common.

Melissa had made a mental note to play matchmaker sometime later between the two.

The teacher Mr.Jones had given them loads of presentations to make on the Medieval History of Europe and the girls had taken Brad's number to get him help them which he was happy to.

After waving them bye, she had taken a cab to reach her apartment.

As she opened the door of her flat dead silence hung in the room and a chill ran down her spine as she spotted the Aldo heels infront of her door. The moment she recognised them she rushed inside rivalling the speed of a lighting.

How the hell could she have been so reckless!

"Mrs.Gordon.",she said to the lady currently sitting on the sofa . "I am so sorry."

"Now,sweetheart.",Mrs.Gordon came pulling her up in a tight hug. "You had me worried."

Melissa caught Adrian staring at her helplessly , his eyes pleading for help.

"I had lost my phone.",she mumbled returning the hug. "About him..

"Oh darling, out of all decent men you really had to choose this idiot !",the old woman cried giving Adrian the meanest of glares.

"Excuse me.",Adrian began taking offence now.

"You, boy get us ladies ,some good tea.",she commanded him.

Melissa's mouth fell open.

She just didn't order the royal prince of Findara to bring some tea.

She begged him earnestly with her puppy dog eyes as he glared at her but left for the kitchen.

"Now, now my dear.",Mrs. Gordon told Melissa. "I am rather mad at this fella for not owning up this relationship that you both share. Pray,why will a man not call his girlfriend, his own ? Such a coward. He has to grow a or two spine to tell the world he loves you."

Love? Relationship? Girlfriend

Melissa felt everything messing up.

"Oh look at you sweet child.",the motherly lady patted her head. "So young and gentle for this world. You really love him don't you? He was the reason you left England right? I ain't so foolish dearie. I got everything now!"

Oh

My

God

Melissa thought and suddenly had the urge to laugh loudly.

A fine story till she found another apartment after getting another job.

"Tea for you.",Adrian entered now holding a tray. As he placed it on the table Melissa launched herself at him as clingy as a newlywed.

Adrian's face was etched with confusion as she placed a full kiss on his lips.

"Why don't you tell how much we love each other, love?",she had a sickly sweet smile plastered on her face. "You left your parents because they didn't approve of me. You're such a sacrificing man , darling."

"I sacrificed..what?",his voice came out somewhat like a squeak of a mouse.

"Oh look at him.",she grinned proudly. "Such a humble person you are. So modest. No wonder I chose to marry you after we settled ourselves in our careers after few years."

"Oh dear.",Mrs.Gordon gasped and her face lit up like she owned the Buckingdum Palace . "You two are engaged?"

Adrian's face was now paler than the usual colour . He was at a loss of words.

"Oh yes.",Melissa nodded beaming. "Meet my fiancé Adrian."

.

Woah ! HOLA!

These two 😂😂😂

I wrote this while I was in a flight ,so ignore if there are any errors.

I will focus on Findara , soon enough till then keep sympathising our boy , Adrian.

Bye for now!

With love,

Olivia

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

7.2M 591K 72
He was the prince who got away. He had it all - power, fame, glory, honor. (Did I mention the unlimited supply of money, alcohol and women?) Yet...
15 0 11
do you ever feel trapped, hopeless, and think the only way out is to not be in this world anymore?? well, you not the only one..... Adrian has come...
3.5K 423 35
*Book 2 of the City of Cain Trilogy* Cover made by me :) Adrian had a tough time moving into his new home in the city Cain, but lately the road has g...
197K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...