~Away From You~ Jookyun

By nikkiyeollie

Changkyun is a young omega who lost his home, his pack and his mother to another wolf pack. The alpha wolf of... More

Chapter 1 : Away from home
Chapter 2: Enemy's Pack
Chapter 3: Mate
Chapter 4: Jooheon
Chapter 5: Not Safe
Chapter 6: Secrets Hurt
Chapter 7: Decision
Chapter 8: Goodbye Jooheon
Chapter 9: Omegas on the run and Alphas on the hunt.
Chapter 10: Part I. Dead
Chapter 11: Part II. Dead
Chapter 12: Part I. On our way to a better place
Chapter 13: Part II. On our way to a better place
Chapter 14: Precious Moments
Chapter 15: Guilty Conscious
New Jookyun Books!
Chapter 16: A Fresh Start
Chapter 17: 5 months later
Chapter 18: Welcome Home
Chapter 19: Changkyun
Chapter 20: MiMi
Chapter 21: Part. I - The Blue Moon pack
Away From You 19k!
Chapter 22: Part II. The Blue Moon Pack
Chapter 23: The Worst for the Better
Chapter 24: Home
Thank You
Chapter 25: Let me fix you
Chapter 26: I'm Sorry
Chapter 27: Please Forgive Me
Chapter 28: Unexpected
Chapter 29: Together Again
Chapter 30: My First Time
Chapter 31: Be Careful
Chapter 32: I Will Protect You
Chapter 33: Felix
Chapter 34: [Filler] Life at the Orphanage
Chapter 35: [Filler] Let's Just Be Together
Chapter 37: [Filler] Minhyuk the shipper
Chapter 38: [Filler] Part One: New life at the pack
Chapter 39: [Filler] Part Two: New life at the pack
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY
Untitled
Away From You 2
Chapter 40: Alone in the forest
Chapter 41: Captured
Chapter 42:The Truth in Lies
Chapter 43: Forever Silent
Chapter 44: Our dirty little secret
Chapter 45: The competition
Chapter 46: Patch things up
Chapter 47: A Post it

Chapter 36: [Filler] Gunhee's Troubles

981 59 52
By nikkiyeollie

A/N: 

Ah, I miss him this goofball. 

Special Chapter 

 Gunhee

─── ・☆: *. .* : ───

SHARP #GUN

I fell asleep at the dock again. 

Damn it!

When was the last time I slept in my bed?

I've been going in search units a lot lately, I don't have time to rest or to get some proper sleep, and it's not because Jooheon won't let me, is because I don't want to. I want to help search for the missing rogues as much as the other packs, the sooner we find them the better. 

I can get proper sleep later. First I have to get something to fill my stomach so that I can go out again. 

I pushed my body up from the wooden dock with a groan, my whole body was aching. Man, how uncomfortable is to sleep on the plain wood. Once I was up I leaned down to pick up the notebooks and pens I came here last night with. I always visit the dock whenever I have free time to write and practice a bit of rapping so that the next time Zico hyung comes, I can impress him even more. 

He was already impressed, but I wanted him to be even more impressed, enough for him to offer me a chance to record with him as he did with Jooheon. I really want to work with him, so please NOTICE ME EVEN MORE SENPAI!

On my way to the mansion, I briefly passed by the training grounds where I watched Kihyun walking towards the grounds, he saw me and I grinned and waved.

"Kihyun-ah!" 

"Hey Gun," the purple-headed omega greeted with a small smile, making my poor dejected heart hurt "you look tired." Kihyun's voice sounded worried and when I looked at him I saw the concern, it made me feel good, to know that he cared. 

"YEah, I fell asleep at the dock again."

"Again?" he chuckled "why are you always there?"

"Writing and practicing rap! You will see, one day you will be listening to me on the radio!"

A cute smile then formed on Kihyun's lips, such a cute smile ... wish he could smile at me like that all the time ... but his smiles are for someone else. 

Sad.

"I look forward to hearing you on the radio."

After a while of catching up and being lectured on good rest and eating habits from sweet Kihyun, Wonho approached smiling and Kihyun was the first one to turn his head to see him while I pouted. 

",[,[[.Hey Ki, how you been?" Wonho smiled shyly ignoring how much I was glaring at him. 

🐾 🐾 🐾

Another search job began and I shifted on my wolf form to set out along with Hyunwoo and other elites. Jooheon joined too. Our group set out to run on rogue territory, we planned to cover all areas and other pack's borders. 

The forest was quiet and empty as the last few days. 

We ran at full speed ahead and checked all the hideouts there were, all the caves and abandoned houses in the area. We searched high and low and no sign of them. Nothing. Nada. No claw marks or footprints. 

When we reached the SHINee border we stopped to take a break and talk to the pack's wolves. They let us into their territory, provided us food and drinks. While I was there I was focusing on the wolves that I saw there, many alphas with their mates, there were no single alphas there ... and to be honest it made me feel bad that I didn't have a mate. 

Everyone in my pack was either in a relationship or getting to know their new mates while I was all alone, yearning for someone to be my mate. 

"Yo Gun," Jooheon playfully slapped my shoulder and sat beside me on the bench that was filled with snacks. He was snacking on a few dumplings while I was brooding. My best friend just smiled and placed a dumpling on my hand "eat up."

"I don't feel like eating."

"Really? You? The world must be coming to an end." the raven joked but I just stared at him, unamused.

"For me it is."

"Ah c'mon, what's troubling you now? Don't tell me you are still sad about Kihyun and Hyunwoo again?"

I sighed, I did tell him I was over Kihyun ... but I was totally not. So I decided to stay quiet and just tell him what was bothering me at the moment that was me being single while the rest are enjoying being in a relationship. 

"Ah, that." Jooheon didn't seem surprised, he has heard me rant about it before, but now it was definitely affecting me.

"At first it sucks man, but after a while, when the rest of your friends find their mates and you are all alone ... it feels embarrassing. Get what I'm saying?"

Jooheon nodded eating the last dumpling he had just to turn his whole body to face me directly. I wasn't planning to talk about it with anyone... because of my pride ... but Jooheon, he's my best friend, my brother. I know I can talk to him about it without being judged. 

"I know what you mean, and I'm sorry that is taking so long."

"There's no one out there for me! Will I stay single for the rest of my life?" 

"Hey, don't think like that. Maybe your chosen met hasn't met you yet."

"I have been to all the packs close to ours Jooheon, met many wolves and none was my mate."

"Just be patient, soon enough your mate will bump into you. Just forget about it, focus on yourself and your duties and eventually, he or she will come around when you least expect"

I scoffed, didn't believe a word he said. I have waited so long that I was convinced there was no one out there for me, none and the only person I ever liked and even loved was taken away by another wolf. Sucks ass but I can't do anything about it, Hyunwoo is indeed a great guy and I think Kihyun is lucky to have a mate like him. If it wasn't hyunwoo then we would have a big problem. 

Jooheon was trying his best to be patient with me, I could see that but still, I wasn't listening to him. I wanted comfort but when it was given to me I didn't accept it, I rejected it and believed I was the pack's loser.

Jooheon let out an aggravated sigh leave his lips when I chortled at his reaction. Could tell he was frustrated with me.

"Maybe that's my destiny," I said throwing the dumpling Jooheon had given me away "maybe I'm not meant to have a mate, maybe I will live the rest of my life all alone like my cousin Minho.I will live a sad lonely life, all alone."

"That's a lot of aloneness."

"Fucking right!" I cried out all sad and pissed. I kicked the rocks around us, I kicked them away angrily wishing they were all my stupid alpha friends.

Jooheon placed a hand on my shoulder and tried to tell me that I was okay, that I'm great and that someday I will find someone.

"Please Gun, you have to try to be positive about this. Finding a mate is not easy, it requires a lot of patienc-"

"Patience is a fucking virtue that I don't fucking have."

"I know! That's why I'm trying to tell you to try your best to be patient. You said you have tried everything right? You searched the pack, you visited other packs and you are around humans on your workdays with my brother, you have tried all those, then now you have to try to be patient, to wait for the right person to come along." the fire in Jooheon's eyes was definitely admirable, he really believed there was someone for me out there. He was sure of it.

He grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me back and forth while he screamed childishly "You will get a mate! Just wait and see! Your mate will be prettier than all the others."

I smirked "prettier than Changkyun?"

Jooheon laughed "You wish."

"You ass," a small giggle left my lips when Joo slid his arm around my neck to ruffle my hair to a mess "you really believe I won't be alone?"

"I believe everyone is destined to be with somebody Gun, even you."

"Then why is my cousin still single?"

Jooheon gave me an incredulous look "Have you met him? The guy is weird as fuck and he won't stop stalking my brother."

"Because he likes him."

Jooheon made a disgusted face "Yeah, and that's why he is always running away from him."

I giggled again imagining those two bickering and Minho coming onto poor Zico. "Minho is a weird dude."

"My brother doesn't have a mate either Gun, but you don't see him moping about it."

"You think I mope too much?"

"You mope a lot, you should relax, give yourself a time out and enjoy being single! Have fun with the kids, boss them around and have your shot in the music company, cuz you can't do all that when you have a mate."

I raised an eyebrow "Why not?"

"Because when you have a mate you have to spend a lot of time getting to know them, getting to know their likes and dislikes and with the bond slowly growing and tying you two together for life ... sometimes that bond doesn't let you bear to be without your mate, not even for a few hours. You feel the need to be close to your mate or else you feel incomplete, empty, lonely even if you are with your best friends."

"Ah, I didn't know that Joo, does it feel like that when you are not with Changkyun?"

Jooheon then looked at me, his face definitely screaming yes. We bough shared a soft laugh, then I started to ask Jooheon more about mates and the bond, questions I always wanted to know like:

"How does it feel when you are accepted by your mate?"

"It feels like heaven is finally opening up the doors to paradise."

"That great?"

"Hell yeah. It feels great. You will feel overwhelming happiness that you won't know what to do with yourself."

"and when you kiss?"

"It feels like fireworks are exploding in your stomach."

"Ah, I wish I could feel that." I pouted and Jooheon tightened his arms around my neck, he reassured me that I will someday.

"You will, just please enjoy being single because when you find your mate, you won't be able to enjoy yourself as much as before. You will have to stop fooling around and get serious. No more escapades at night, or skinny dipping with other packs wolves."

"Aw really?" 

"Yeah, your mate will get jealous if you go at midnight to swim naked with other wolves."

"So the jealousy is something that is real?"

"Very, much more with the alpha. Alphas are very jealous mates. You won't stand other wolves talking to your mate unless is a very close friend of yours and has a mate. Don't do something that you don't want your mate to do to you. 

"Okay."

"Talking about mates?" Hyunwoo came along with twelve-pack beer cans. 

Jooheon nodded with a welcoming smile while I just blushed "Yeah, telling Gun here what is like to have a mate and the Do's and Don'ts."

Hyunwoo's mouth dropped as he sat right in front of me and Jooheon unhooking three beer cans so that he could hand us one.

"Never contradict them! THAT'S SUICIDAL." then hyung went pale "Never leave the dishes unwashed in the sink, mates don't like that. They will make you do the dishes even if it is 2 in the morning. Also, always have in mind how sensitive they are when it comes to clothes. They don't like it when you say they look nice, you have to say they look gorgeous or beautiful or else they will go through more clothes."

Jooheon and I exchanged quick glances as Hyunwoo went on and on with the DON'TS.

"Be careful with what you say and do because omegas have a powerful 500 GB memories. Don't do shit cuz they will always remember it and use it against you."

"I feel sorry for you hyung."

"I have it rough but I still love my mate."

"See Gunhee? Before you get like Hyunwoo here have fun as a free man."

Hyunwoo agreed " Trust me you will miss it.?"

After that, we talked more about how we all used to hang out together, we started reminiscing of the old days where we used to be troublemaking brats. Ditching training and pranking Zico hyung. Fun times that were worth remembering. When I was in the middle of one of our favorite stories we heard a group of wolves run towards us, all out of breath with their tongues hanging from their mouths.

Our search group from the Clan stood up and saw how the beta leading the group shifted back to his human form. 

"We had a break-in!"

"A break-in?" Jooheon stepped forward as the lead alpha he was. The beta quickly nodded his head.

"Yes, my group just got back from tracking and we were going to the clinic to get some bruises treated and we heard the ruckus in there and when we entered our doctors and nurses were knocked out and rogues pillaged the medical supply we had stocked. We chased after them but we lost them."

"FUCK!" Jooheon cursed all pissed "Minho?"

"He sent out search and tracking groups, he also requested this groups help."

"Lead the way."

We quickly shifted to our wolf forms and followed the beta and his group to the area where the rogues disappeared. many wolves were already trying to track the rogues but the bastards used moonflower spray, the kind that temporarily eliminates your scent. 

We searched for hours around the whole area and found nothing. We rendezvous with Minho and his wolves to discuss the matter that just happened. 

"Nothing?" Minho asked in hopes we got something, but we all shook our heads.

"Shit."

"How many were they?"

"My wolves saw two werewolves in their human form stealing medical supplies."

"Just supplies?" the clan leader asked carefully, Minho nodded and Jooheon raised an eyebrow "why medical supplies? Someone injured?"

"Possibly."

"Damn."

"Did they kill the doctor or the nurses."

"No, they were just knocked out."

"Did rogues did it?"

"Maybe, but the rogues we know that live in the wilds would have killed them, not knock them out."

"That's what weird."

"We will keep looking. If whoever attacked is involved or not with the rogues that we are chasing, then at least we can get some useful information. You guys head home to your mates, is getting late." Minho dismissed us and exchanged a few words in private with Jooheon. 

After that, we all went back home. Our bodies tired, we were really dragging ourselves back to the pack late at night. Jooheon thanked us all for our help and support and also asked us to keep what happened at the SHINee pack quiet. We all swore we would. After that, we all went our separate ways. Jooheon wanted to hang out but I was too tired and wanted to have time for myself to think over about the being single for a bit more thing. Of course my best friend understood and went to search for the other guys. I had plans to take a hot steamy shower and to sleep in my bed. 

On my way home I thought about what the guys said and admitted that what they said is true, having a mate is like having a serious commitment, you are no longer by yourself, you are with your other half. Mated wolves spend more time with their mates and have to deal with their jelly crazy sides ... I thought about it and realized I wasn't ready to take that on. I was still interested in trying lots of things that I can't do if I have a mate, like music for example. 

I should focus more on me and not on what the other alphas have. 

^^

Can't believe I made myself feel better and relieved.

Great. 

I will enjoy being single a bit more and watch out for my future mate, cuz I will sure as hell be a handful *wink*

To be continued:

A/N: Hoped you guys liked this chapter. Gunhee is such a single springle, but what he needs to remember that the last springle is the one that tastes the best ^^ hehe ~ I have been spoiling you guys with so many chapters lately, hope you are all well fed and happy. 

Did you guys see Changkyun's work out video?

Wonho finally uploaded it! 

My twitter tl is filled with it XD 

Bless you Wonho. 

For those who haven't seen the video~ I took pictures cuz I can't upload the video here XD 

check out the video! 

It's everywhere on twitter blessing my eyes every time I open and close the app. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 1.6K 7
"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞? 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲" ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶ Hwang Hyunjin always dreamt of th...
2.9K 187 15
𝙄𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨, 𝙅𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚...
64.5K 4.3K 56
Changkyun doesn't want to go to the stupid party. Jooheon's only wish is to spend the night with his best friend and have some fun. They both have th...
6.9K 226 24
A story in which Shownu meets a dramatic Changkyun at a weeding and falls in love. ❤️ Follow the story to see what happens with them. WARNING ⚠️...