A Surprise and A Betrayal (✓)

By piadreamer

This story takes place after the Malec wedding. 5 years have went by and it's soon going to be their 6th year... More

1. Love is Unconditional
2. Sweetness Overloaded
3. Certain and Uncertain
4. Confrontations and Truths
5. Emotions- War of Hearts
6. Lightwoods Reunion
7. When Sizzy meets Alec
9. A Little bit of Happiness and Little bit of Chaos
10. Emotions speak louder than words
11. A Reunion to Cherish
12. Family isn't always blood
13. Not bonded by blood, but united by love.
14. Parabatai : Wherever we are, we are as one.
15. Let's have some Madnus
16. Angels and Immortality
17. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.
18. Silver is the color of the moon.
19. Let me confine you in my arms.
20. The Sins I've done.
21. A dream to live or reality to deny.
22. Demons only reside in hell.
23. I get to love you.
24. The Power Couple.
Epilogue

8. A Dose of Malec

666 42 24
By piadreamer

Alec was standing outside the door, shuffling and taking deep breaths now and then. 'I hope he's not mad.' He thought, then, after a final deep breath, he slid in the key and walked inside.

He was about to call for his husband when he noticed his silhouette curled up on the couch and sleeping peacefully. A warm smile appeared on his lips as he started walking towards it but almost stumbled when he stepped over something. He picked it up only to find it was a large empty bottle of red wine.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he kept it on the nearby table then walked towards the couch only to be hit by a strong scent of alcohol. Glancing at the coffee table he saw two more empty bottles and an almost empty wine glass. Tears formed in the back of his eyes and his heart tightened. Leaning down, he shook his husband gently. "Magnus, love..."

Magnus stirred, slowly fluttered his eyes open, his vision blurry as he placed his hand on the head. His head was throbbing and something was poking around his waist. Still half asleep, he reached for it and pulled out an empty wine bottle, and sighed.

Anger was building inside Alec, but when he noticed another bottle, he lost it completely. "You drank four large bottles of wine!? Seriously Magnus!?"

Magnus jumped when he heard the yell, not aware that his husband was right beside him. "Al... Alexander!?" his voice was hoarse as he rubbed his temple. "When... when did... you came? Ugh... My head!"

When the shadowhunter didn't answer, he blinked rapidly to clear his vision then looked up, only to meet the tear-filled angry eyes. His face was stern and the stance was a clear indication that he was trying his best not to yell. Gulping, he lowered his eyes and only then did he notice the empty bottles and the strong alcohol scent in the surrounding area. he made the motion to wave his finger so that he could clean the mess, but Alec held his hand, making him slowly look up.

"Don't you dare clean the mess with your magic!" Alec spoke, trying his best not to shout, but his angry tone was enough to convey how hurt and mad he was.

Magnus gulped and lowered his hand, shifting uncomfortably in his place. He did not like the look on his husband's face, its rare to see that man in anger and god bless the ones who become the victim of it, and right now, it looked like he was going to be that victim. Clearing his throat, he slowly lifted his eyes but noticed angry tears sitting on his reddening cheek. 'shit, no! It's not good!' he thought.

"Alexander, I... I was --" he stopped when Alec raised his hand in the air, eyes trailing over the empty bottles and guilt built inside his heart. "A... Ale-"

"DON'T!"

"Alexander, look I-"

"Don't Magnus! I'm in no condition to hear anything right now, just take your pillow and blanket from the bedroom, you're sleeping on the couch. Goodnight." with that he left for the bedroom and slammed the door shut making him jump.

He waved his wrist and his pillow and blanket appeared beside him then stood up, cleaned the table and threw all the bottles in the bin then walked back and made himself comfortable on the couch. A few teardrops fell on his nose tip as he missed the warmth of his husband. He wanted to go in the bedroom and cuddle with him, but he knew better, Alec was in no condition to talk or even listen. He knew he made a mistake, made him angry, and now he needs to find ways to make it up to him.

_______________________________

The golden rays of sun scattered into the living room through the vast windows, waking up the warlock who was curled on the couch. He slowly opened his eyes and tried to turn around thinking he was in his bed, which resulted in him falling off the couch.

"Agh.... Damn it!"

He stood up and sat on the couch, holding his head in his hand. Yes, his head was still hurting. Sighing, he picked everything then went into the bedroom and looked around for his husband. The low sound of a running shower gave him his answer. Keeping everything back in its place, he sat on the bed and started waiting.

After a few minutes, Alec walked out and went into the walk-in closet, clearly ignoring him because he saw a flash of anger when he walked out. When he came out, he was completely dressed and ready to leave, but Magnus held his hand. "A... Alexander?" Magnus spoke carefully but was met with silence. "Alexander, please... are... are you still mad at me?"

Alec's mind was playing the images of last night, the last time he had seen Magnus like that was when he had lost his magic, draining himself in alcohol and not talking about it. He doesn't want to remember the consequences led by that ever again, but there it was in front of his eyes all over again.

"Alexander..... please say something."

"What do you want me to say, Magnus!?" Alec jerked his hand then turned towards him. "Just... Why!?"

Magnus withdrew his hand and lowered his gaze. "A... I..."

Alec waited, scanning his features, his expressions then sighed heavily. "Leave it!"

Magnus's head snapped up, and he held his hand again. "No! Wait, please!"

"What!?"

"Alexander, I'm really sorry, look I took them out because... after our call I thought I'd set something up for our night. I was in the middle of it when I got a call from some clients, they said it was an emergency, so I left in hurry, but it turned out to be complete bullshit. I was pissed and exhausted, so I thought a few drinks wouldn't do any harm, I don't know how I ended up finishing... *gulp* 4 bottles. I'm sorry..."

Alec's eyes were wide as he kept staring at Magnus. "I can't believe this!" He shoved his hand harshly and clenched his fist.

"Alexa-"

"Stop it, Magnus! Just Stop it!" Magnus looked at him astounded, unable to say anything else.

"Magnus, If you don't want to say it or don't want to talk about it, just tell me, I'll understand, or at least I'll try to but don't lie to me on my face like this."

Tears fell on Magnus's cheek as he lowered his head and played with the wedding band. "I'm sorry, I really am. I just didn't want you to-"

"Didn't want me to what, Magnus!?" Alec yelled, "Do you have any idea how I felt when I saw you with all those bottles lying around you, whatever the reason!? Do you, Magnus!?"

Magnus kept gazing at the floor, unable to say anything.

"It pains Magnus! It hurts me seeing you hurting yourself over something..." He trailed off and tears escaped from his eyes.

Magnus looked up at him, surprised by the confrontation. "You-"

"I'm not a blind Magnus. I know the nightmares are giving you a hard time, the memories of that day; it hurts me too. But I can see clearly what those nightmares are doing to you, just tell me how can I help, I can't see you like this. I love you so much to lose to like this!" He finally said it out loud but not completely, knowing that confronting everything will only backfire. He doesn't want to face the consequences of it.

Magnus looked at him for some time, taking in every word he said. 'Nightmares, right! That's what you know. If you'll know the truth, No, No! I won't let that happen.' He thought.

"Alexander, I'm really sorry. Please forgive me? To be honest, I didn't lie completely, I did take it out for dinner, but then I don't remember when I fell asleep and... " He trailed off. "I promise it won't happen again. Please forgive me?"

Alec looked at him sternly, scanning him from eye to eye, taking in his every word. He walked towards him and stopped when they were only inches apart. Magnus looked at him with worried eyes.

"Do you promise you won't hurt yourself again like that?"

"I promise, Alexander. Am I forgiven?"

Alec didn't answer, instead, he put his fingers under his chin and tilted his head upwards kissing him passionately, tasting his morning breath. Magnus relaxed into the kiss and grabbed Alec by his waist, making the kiss deeper. They broke after some time.

Magnus buried his face on his shoulders and hugged him tightly. "Thank you." He murmured. Alec kissed him on top of his head. "Never do it again!" Magnus nodded, without breaking their hug. Alec was about to break their moment when Magnus pulled him in his arms tightly. "Stay!" Alec smiled and kissed him around his neck, sending shivers down his spine.

Magnus felt relaxed and loved around his Shadowhunters embrace. 'what was I thinking last night, why!? When I kept it aside; why was I thinking of breaking our marriage again, how can I doubt Alec like that? He won't do anything to hurt me, I know the answer to it, Camille, that stupid phone call, she deceived me and I let her, I doubted him because of her, but still how does she know about him coming home late! Dammit! What am I thinking, it's Camille!' He didn't realize that he was silently crying on his shoulders, drenching the shirt with his tears, which Alec noticed.

Alec started rubbing his back slowly, all the anger built in him vanishing completely. All he wanted was Magnus to be normal and happy again, whatever it takes. He felt him relaxing around his arms making him chuckle.

"Are you planning on falling asleep on my shoulders?" He waited for the reply with his world-famous sass, but he didn't.

"Magnus?"

He looked down and noticed that his eyes were closed, the silent sobbing was stopped and his breath was coming evenly, chest rising and falling like harmonious beats. He looked so peaceful.

"Magnus!? Love? Are you actually asleep? Or you're playing with me?"

He waited again hoping his warlock didn't fall asleep on his shoulders, but he didn't reply, confirming that he did, making him sigh.

"Really Mags?" He smiled to himself. He tried to gently move him but instead, the cute warlock stirred and grabbed him tightly, still asleep. Alec smiled and shook his head, still stroking his back gently.

"Magnus!? Love? Sorry to break your sleep but as much as I'm loving it myself, I have to leave for work!"

Magnus stirred a little but didn't wake up. Alec sighed yet again then carefully and gently broke their hug without breaking his sleep, then picked him bridal style and put him on the bed. He removed his slippers and put blankets on him then kissed him on his forehead, running his fingers through his soft hair gently.

'You're so cute like this, sleeping peacefully. Just a few more days Magnus, then everything will be alright. Today I'll finally know how I can become immortal, then we can be together, forever, Magnus!' He thought then kissed his forehead again. He picked a pen and paper from the drawer and wrote something on it, then kept it under the alarm clock. He looked at his sleeping beauty and kissed him again.

"I love you, Magnus! Always and forever!" He whispered then left for the Institute.

A/N
I know it's not good but I tried my best. Please vote and comment.
Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 2K 120
A fanfiction on Malec. Alec is an architect and Magnus is an interior designer. They meet at their mutual friend's wedding and their lives start to c...
1.3K 135 11
It's Friday the 13th. Magnus is late for work. Again because of his cat. He's locking up his apartment when he gets a phone call that he's been fired...
46.2K 1.6K 44
{COMPLETED} Malec AU When Magnus Bane, upcoming fashion designer and Alec Lightwood, a soccer player for the NY red bulls met at a coffee shop they...
68.5K 2.3K 58
Alec starts a relationship with Magnus Bane the High Warlock of Brooklyn after the unlikely but fateful night when he is dragged to a party by his si...