BACK IN HIS ARMS | VKOOK

By _euphxriajjk_

┈ ✎ sequel to daddy issues!! "i thought this could have been our happy ending", taehyung finally said, surro... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
EPILOGUE

fifteen

4.5K 279 172
By _euphxriajjk_

guys rly i love you & all but all of you have read daddy issues so it's quite obvious that this sequel is dark as well, right?
i said it's gonna be much lighter than the first part, so trust me or don't read idek but this is a book about healing from a toxic past that destroyed every single character in here, and healing doesn't start with rainbows, unicorns and sunshine

shit needs to go down before it goes back up, that's life i try being realistic in this book

sorry for the lil rant but i'm getting lots of complaints so i needed to get this off my chest ): xx

***

"You're from New York?"

Lili tilted her head, "Yeah, I was born there", she smiled, "Would've loved to stay there, Chicago is boring in comparison to NYC."

Jungkook and Taehyung exchanged looks, both thinking the same thing. This couldn't be true, it simply couldn't. It'd be too much of a coincidence and most importantly, it'd break Taejeon's small heart.

"Why are you looking as if someone just told you there's a demon beneath your bed?", Lili giggled and Taejeon chuckled as well, now hugging Lili from behind while listening to their conversation.

Taejeon had no idea yet, no clue of his half-brother or half-sister.
"Why did you move?", Taehyung asked quietly. "And why did you say your parents don't care about you?-"

Lili tilted her head a bit, "Are you investigating me or what-"
"Just curious", Jungkook said, eyeing Lili for a while.

"I said my parents don't care about me because my father left us and my Mom is all over my little brother all the time. We moved because we adopted his dumbass and he stole my Mom-"

"Your brother is a fucking shithead", Taejeon chuckled amused, rolling his eyes. "Remember how we pushed him down the stairs after he stalked us in your bedroom-"
Lili and Taejeon broke into laughter, holding hands and eyes sparkling in happiness.

"Your brother is adopted?", Jungkook asked a little confused. "Mr Jeon, did you never ask yourself how he's korean and how me and my Mom are american?"

Taehyung and Jungkook literally facepalmed themselves, they seriously didn't think of that. It didn't match at all, she wasn't korean, she was only one year younger than Taejeon, it simply wasn't logical.
"Oh my fucking god", Jungkook breathed out relieved. "Your brother-, he's korean but born in New York?"

Lili nodded, "I don't want to talk about my brother he's an asshole, he always steals my sweets and tells my Mom Taejeon and my secrets."

"You have his smile though", Taejeon giggled, poking her cheeks. "It's because he is your favorite lil bro~"

"No, he's stupid and smiles all the fucking time, how can I not smile like that if I have to see it everytime-, we're kinda siblings", she sighed.

Taejeon shrugged, "I love it, his smile is the only cute thing he has-"
"My brother's not cute", Lili pouted, a little annoyed.

Taehyung was listening quietly, and Jungkook bit his lips. No, it'd be too much of a coincidence. It couldn't be. Besides from all that, no one knew if Lyza's kid was actually Taehyung's.
It could still be Jungkook's or Finn's.

"Can I see your brother?", Taehyung questioned but Jungkook immediately interrupted that, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Jungkook that's none of your business", Taehyung suddenly grumbled, "What if-"

"Dad", Taejeon suddenly balled his fists and punched Taehyung. "Stop being mean to Daddy", and for a second everything felt like back in the days when Taejeon ran around calling Taehyung his favorite Dad. Jungkook gulped dryly, heart crumbling a little. Fuck, he missed those times. When everything was easy.

"Taejeon you don't understand-"

"You two have to fix your relationship before you involve any further in this whole family."
And Taehyung felt that. He went silent, eating his food before he got up and went to the bedroom, leaving the others behind.

Jungkook looked at the kids for a while, "Don't be so hard on him, he's trying", he whispered, getting up as well. "He's not trying hard enough", Taejeon hummed. "He has to try everyday-"

"Taejeon", Lili cut him off, intertwining their hands. "That's their thing. Stop acting all grown up, we don't know anything", she hummed. "Let's go to bed-"

"The door stays open and if I catch any of you with less clothes than right now, then there's no more sleepovers", Jungkook said strictly and the kids nodded. "Last time was just to look where girls and boys are different", Lili rolled her eyes and Taejeon giggled. "I didn't know Lili has no dingelidoo-"

Jungkook didn't want to listen any further, he just turned around and grabbed a chocolate bar and some coke, then rushed to the bedroom.
Taehyung sat at the window, legs pulled against his chest with tears falling off his dark lashes. It was dark outside, snow falling heavily with no one out there on the streets. This winter felt different, and even though Christmas was so close-, it still felt dozens of miles away.

Wasn't Christmas supposed to be a celebration of love and birth?

"Hi", Jungkook said quietly. "I have chocolate", he whispered when he went closer and placed them next to Taehyung, sitting down next to him.
"Kook", Tae let out, eyes still trailing up and down the empty streets, "I want this to work-"

"Then we need to start to talk things out, Tae", Jungkook whispered. "About it all. From the beginning to the where it all got fucked up, we need to find the moments were we fell in love, remind us of them and then pick out the moments that broke us. Then fix every single one of them-"

"How comes you're so wise?", Taehyung chuckled softly, wiping off his tears. "Read lots of books the past few years-"

"You don't even like books", Taehyung laughed but slowly put his hand onto the youngers. "Alright. Let's fix this."

Jungkook smiled, heart skipping a beat. "How about we start at the very, very beginning.. Do you remember?"

12 years ago..

It had always been something when Jungkook was with Taehyung. They always touched a lot, hugged all the time and gave each other loving nicknames. There wasn't such a thing as distance between them, it wasn't existent in their vocabulary.

But today, the 1st of September it changed it all. It was Jungkook's 13th birthday and Taehyung had prepared something special just for them. After Jungkook told him not to buy him presents, rather spend 24 hours with him, Taehyung took his time and looked through the internet, searching for ideas how to make his first birthday as a teenager nothing but perfect.

He spent 4 hours putting up a tent in the garden of Jungkook's house together with his best friend's father. Jungkook was peacefully asleep, a bit sad over the fact that Taehyung wasn't staying over tonight even though it was his birthday when the clock striked midnight.

Taehyung put up fairy lights inside the tent, he placed pillows, blankets and their favorite plushies everywhere. Jungkook's Dad even found a small CD-player for them, they put it up and Taehyung bought Justin Bieber music for this night. Not because he liked it but because his best friend did.

It should be the most chill night ever.
After he placed several bottles of coke, chips and chocolate bars in the tent, the clock was close to midnight.
"Are you going upstairs?", Mr Jeon asked softly and Taehyung nodded, walking inside. He slowly climbed the stairs, heart beating up his chest when he waited the last minute till the clock was ready.

He was so excited to see Jungkook. Keeping a secret from him was the hardest thing Taehyung ever went through. But luckily the time was playing along, midnight broke in and Taehyung rushed into Jungkook's room, smiling so bright when he saw Jungkook laying in bed.
What he didn't expect was that Jungkook was holding a picture of Taehyung close to his heart, giggling a little during his dreams.

Next thing that caught Taehyung's attention was Jungkook's hand which hadn't moved since he fell asleep. It was stuck inside his boxers and Taehyung couldn't help but think incredibly weird things. Oh god.
"Kookie, happy birthday", he whispered, climbing on top of him to wake him up. But Jungkook wasn't waking up, he just smiled brighter as if his dreams just got real good. "Oh Taehyungie", he giggled. "Don't kiss me", he turned his head, pouting his lips a little, "It'll get my heart all weird", he complained and Taehyung once again thought weird things. What if they'd kiss properly-

It's not that they never did. Well, they never told anyone but they tried some times. Taehyung liked how Jungkook's lips tasted and Kook couldn't get enough of forehead kisses. It were things they did because they liked them, not because they meant anything.
At least they never did before. But things change with time, especially when you grow up.

And still dreaming of kissing your best friend who is by the way the same gender, was something Jungkook didn't want to think of. They knew they liked each other in a special way, but no one ever thought of that one way.

Well, Taehyung did tonight, for the first time ever. The small boy's heart dwelled up when he leaned down and kissed Jungkook's pouty lips while he was still sleeping and dreaming.
The younger kissed back almost immediately, still mumbling words, "TaeTae", he whined, kissing again but that's also when he opened his eyes slowly and realised that his best friend was kissing him for real, not just in his dreams.

"Happy Birthday, Kookie", Taehyung chuckled, letting go of him. They didn't talk about this kiss, not ever. "You're here", Jungkook smiled happily. "Of course I am. And I have a present for you, it's outside-", Taehyung said softly and pulled Jungkook up.

"Outside?", Jungkook was a little confused but followed quickly. 

"Oh my god", Jungkook whispered after entering the tent which was glittering and sparkling like a small universe with all the lights in here. "Oh my god Tae it's amazing", he smiled, turning around, "Did you do all of this by yourself?"
"Your Dad helped-", Taehyung admitted shyly. "Do you like it?"

"I love it I love this I love this day it's my best birthday so far", Jungkook squeaked and closed the tent, falling onto the mattress, sighing happily between all the comfy pillows. "What are we going to do all night?", he asked quietly and Taehyung blushed, "Whatever you want to do-"

And both of them thought of the same damn thing, Jungkook reaching out his arms in which Taehyung quickly hovered into, faces coming close when their bodies were pressed together and a blanket above them.

Lips melting to each other, eyes falling shut and hearts going crazy.
If love felt like this, both boys noticed it this very moment.

And they spent the whole night kissing. As if it's their last chance to do so.

*

"I still want to know why I woke up with you on top of me, kissing me, that day", Jungkook chuckled, head resting on Taehyung's shoulders. "You looked cute and you talked in your sleep about us kissing-, I couldn't resist", the older admitted, brushing through Kook's fluffy hair.

"Besides, why did you held a picture of me while sleeping-"

"You didn't sleep over that day", Jungkook pouted a little. "You had your hand down your boxers, Babe-"

Jungkook blushed, gulping hardly. "Uhm-, well. Boys have needs sometimes-"
"While holding a pic of their best friend? Our relationship was so innocent back then-"

"It felt wrong to imagine doing things with anyone else", Jungkook hummed. "So I kept it secret from you-"
Taehyung smiled, "You were so whipped for me back then-"

"I never imagined it with anyone else, not in all those 25 years", Jungkook suddenly said. "That never changed."
Both boys hold their breath for a second.

This actually felt good, like really good. Maybe not everything had changed.
"I feel like taking you out", Taehyung suddenly said. "Can we go out?"

"It's 9pm", Jungkook hummed a bit unsure. "But if Taejeon and Lili are okay being alone for a bit we can-"
Taehyung smiled. "We never had proper dates, we never did all those couple things that lead to lasting relationships."

"All we ever did was holding onto each other through all the shit we went through", Jungkook finished his sentence, "We never had the time to fall in love properly, we just fell quick and hard-"

"You like it hard though", Taehyung joked and Jungkook covered his face in embarrassment. "Shut up!", he squeaked. "Take me out on a date instead of talking about my preferences-"

Taehyung nodded, "Maybe the Christmas market is still open? How about getting some crepes and have karaoke night at a bar where it's warm and cozy?"

"And I thought we'd go out for a fancy dinner", Jungkook rolled his eyes playfully. "We're not that type of couple, Kookie", Taehyung grinned. "We're the let's do whatever the hell we want couple that gets into a mess five minutes after their date starts", Taehyung chuckled. "Adding up with some spicy drama like teen pregnancy, cheating and homophobic bullies", the older added.

"We really had it all", Jungkook giggled. "Yet here we are", Taehyung said and leaned in for a kiss.

Right when their lips were about to meet there were clapping noises heard from the door frame. "Aaaah", Lili squeaked and Taejeon laughed his tiny ass off. "Wasn't that hard to actually start talking huh", he said and walked in, crawling onto Taehyung's lap while holding Jungkook's hand, just like he did when he was a baby.

"Shouldn't you be making out with your girlfriend or something", Jungkook grumbled but Taejeon stuck his tongue out, "No, don't want to get her pregnant and the store doesn't sell condoms to kids under 14. Trust me, we tried."

"TAEJEON", Taehyung and Jungkook blurted out and Lili died a little in the back. "I'm not his girlfriend though.."

"Oh kids", Jungkook chuckled. "Better figure this out before you get yourself into some love drama-",  he sighed.
Taejeon and Lili looked confused. "We're not doing the same mistakes like you did", Taejeon hummed.

"Yeah, that's why I'm not his girlfriend, actually we're married so I'm his wife."

"Wife?"

Lili held out a gummy bear ring, winking at Jungkook, "Seems like I stole your boy's heaaart-"

"Like I stole your virginity", Taejeon grinned, making heart eyes towards Lili.
"TAEJEON, shut the fuck up", Jungkook and Taehyung said out of one mouth.

And for a tiny bit, everyone broke into laughter and it felt a little like christmas. "So we heard we're going out to the Christmas market?", Taejeon tilted his head. "We wanted some alone time-", Jungkook sighed but Taejeon only smiled.

"Door stays open, no less clothes than right now. Blah. That's what you get from giving me rules, let's go I want crepes-"

"I love this kid", Taehyung whispered. "He's just like you", Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Annoying yet the best buddy ever."

"We raised him well."
"We did."

***

lili x taejeon is superior in this book as if i'd make them siblings i jus fooled y'all a bit 😚 there's a tiny lil boi y'all about to meet soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 3.3K 35
The ceiling of the room began to decorate with stars as the grip around his neck tightened. He chokes out a laugh and Taehyung loosened his grip a li...
13.1K 417 16
❛ 𝑨𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒄 𝑱𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒍 𝑻𝒂𝒆𝒉𝒚𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒌𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒆 ? ❜ ⚠ cringe ⚠...
138K 7.4K 35
Taehyung moves to a new city with his father. There he meets and befriends Jimin. They both become so comfortable with one another and wish to be tog...
68.5K 3K 76
[Completed] Kim Taehyung, now model, five years ago was bullied by someone and was also in a physically toxic relationship with another. he fell in l...