The night is darkest just bef...

By Mimorimori

After getting rejected by his childhood crush, Izuku was heartbroken. On the very same day, he got attacked b... More

Chapter 1: A bad day
Chapter 2: Night mission
Chapter 3: A favour
Chapter 4.5: Aizawa
Chapter 5: Searching for an answer
Chapter 6: Bad timing
Chapter 7: Fledgling and pure blooded
Chapter 8: Fear and worry
Chapter 9: A wishful thinking
Chapter 10: Fragment of the past
Chapter 11: Hidden truth and pain
Chapter 12: Decision
Chapter 13: The targeted fledgling
Chapter 14: Spotted
Chapter 15: Hunted down
Chapter 16: Captured
Chapter 17: Trial
Chapter 18: Test
Chapter 19: A small chat
Chapter 20: What am I to you?
Chapter 21: Nightmare
Chapter 22: Todoroki Shoto
Chapter 23: First mission (Part One)
Chapter 24: First mission (Part Two)
Chapter 25: End of first mission, beginning of a storm
Chapter 26: Scars
Chapter 27: Togata Mirio
Chapter 28: Training and preparation
Chapter 29: Cargo
Chapter 30: Amajiki Tamaki
Chapter 30.5: His story
Chapter 31: Getting ready
Chapter 32: Battle
Chapter 33: Warning, danger
Chapter 34: The choice that was made
Chapter 35: Taken
Chapter 36: A small hope
Chapter 37: Bad route...?
Chapter 38: Even if it's against the order
Chapter 39: Rescue mission
Chapter 40: That's my promise to you
Chapter 41: No longer the same

Chapter 4: Intertwine and connecting

9.7K 320 235
By Mimorimori

Katsuki wanted to punch a wall to vent his anger.

Those around him are always in danger because of those damn vampires and there's no end to it. Izuku doesn't know it as he believed that their parents died in an accident. But Katsuki know the truth to that so-called 'accident'.

Their parents was murdered by a pure blooded vampire and Katsuki keep it a secret from Izuku. The nerd doesn't need to know how brutally their parents was killed. The reason why Katsuki choose to become a vampire hunter is because he wanted to hunt down and kill that monster for murdering Izuku's mother and his parents. At the same time, he can also get rid of the other vampires so that this town can become a safer place for Izuku to live. He'd never admit it out loud but he does care for that stupid nerd!

At the beginning, the training to become a hunter was harsh and difficult to many newly joined members but Katsuki manage to pull through it. He also did his best to keep his distance from everyone near him so that they will be safe from those monsters, since there are some of those sickening assholes that go after those who are close and dear to the vampire hunters.

Katsuki thought that he's protecting those around him and yet he failed at it! Not only Izuku was attacked by a vampire, he even turned into one of them! For what reason did Katsuki go through all those hardship for?

Where the fuck is he when Izuku's in danger and needed someone to save him the most?!

He can never forgive himself for failing at his job to protect Izuku. Katsuki'll never forgive the vampire the attacked Izuku and messing up his peaceful life. Now that they are in this situation, they will need to find a solution for it.

To ensure that Izuku won't be able to hear their conversion clearly, both Katsuki and Kirishima decided to went down to the first floor.

As they are making their way down, Katsuki hasn't said a single word and Kirishima can tell that the blond must be thinking about something deeply. Once they finally reach the first floor, Katsuki finally spoke with his back still facing Kirishima.

"I'll be taking Deku with me."

"Huh? Are you serious, Bakugou? The higher ups won't allow you to do this! They will definitely order us to kill Midoriya!"

"They won't order us as long as they didn't know that Deku exist."

"So you're saying that we're going to give them a false report while hiding Midoriya from them?!"

There was a few seconds of silent. Then, Katsuki finally turn around to face Kirishima with a serious and determined expression.

"Yeah." Katsuki admitted.

"That's worse than breaking the rule! If the higher ups found out about this, we'll be-"

"I fucking know that. However, there's no need for you to be involved in what I'm going to do. You can report to them that we got separated and you never run into any vampire. That way, you won't get caught up in my mess."

Kirishima widen his eyes in shock. Bringing a vampire home instead of killing them right away is already going against the rule. On top of that, Katsuki want to give a false report? Kirishima couldn't believe that Katsuki of all people, would want to do something like this.

Not to mention that ever since they started this conversion, Katsuki has never yelled. The blond is serious about taking Izuku home with him and he's serious about giving the false report too. Kirishima hasn't known Izuku for long but he can tell that the green haired boy is a sweet and kind hearted person. Killing vampires is their job and to be honest, Kirishima doesn't want to take Izuku's life.

"For you to be this willing to break the rule and putting yourself in a troubling situation, I guess Midoriya must be really important to you." Kirishima said with a small smile. Making up his mind, he pointing a thumb at himself. "Alright, I'm with this together with you! We'll keep Midoriya a secret from our organization. If you're going to get yourself into trouble, I'll get myself into trouble too! After all, that's what best friends are for right?"

Katsuki was left speechless. He never thought that Kirishima would join in with his decision to hide Izuku's existence from their organization. But if there's anyone Katsuki can trust to help him hide Izuku, that person would be none other than Kirishima.

"Do whatever the fuck you want. Just don't regret it later on." Katsuki said. He may sound like he didn't care but in fact, he's glad and thankful. With Kirishima helping him, it would make things a lot easier for Katsuki. For example, if Katsuki's busy with a solo mission and couldn't come back in time, he can get Kirishima to help him to look after Izuku.

"Don't worry! I'll never regret making this choice!" Kirishima grinned.

~~~

When Katsuki and Kirishima return to where Izuku is, he has already finished eating the bread and is waiting for them to return. Upon knowing that they are back, there was a look of relief reflected in Izuku's eyes, almost appear to be happy that Katsuki and Kirishima's back and won't be leaving him alone in the dark place for a long time.

Katsuki won't blame Izuku for wanting the company of other people. After all, Izuku spend two weeks in this dark, dirty and quiet place. All alone with no one to talk to.

No matter how much Izuku wanted someone to be with him so that he wouldn't be lonely, he cannot wish for it. Even if someone else happen to found him by chance, Izuku'll need to stay away because his instinct will immediately tell him that this person is 'food' and need to be killed.

"Deku, me and shitty hair had a talk just now and it was decided that I'll be taking you home with me." Katsuki said.

"Eh?" Izuku blinked.

"This is for your own good. If we were to leave you alone, nobody will be there to stop you if you were to go berserk again."

"Oh, I see..." Izuku muttered, hanging his head. Then, he suddenly thought of something and lift his head up to look at Katsuki. "B-but is it alright for you to do this? I mean, hunting and killing vampires is your job right? Will your boss allow you to... let me live?"

Damn it, Katsuki almost forgot that Izuku isn't as dumb as he look. The nerd can be rather sharp if he wanted to.

"Special case like you is different since you're holding onto your humanity, unlike most of the other turned vampires." Katsuki said, clenching his fists tightly.

Katsuki hates lying to someone, especially those that he care for. But for the sake of his childhood friend, he told a lie for the first time in his life. For the sake of putting Izuku at ease without worrying and fearing for the other vampire hunters that might hunt him down.

No... this is the second lie he has told Izuku.

The first lie Katsuki said is how he hate Izuku and how fucking disgusting he is. And Katsuki'll be telling another lie to his organization in order to hide Izuku from them.

His first lie broke Izuku's heart. His second lie is to put Izuku at ease. And his third lie is to protect Izuku from the very organization he's working for. For all the lies to be related to Izuku... Katsuki honestly don't know how he should feel about that.

"Bakugou, we'll need to leave place while the sun isn't up." Kirishima said.

"I fucking know that." Katsuki said. He's well aware that if they are going to leave, now would be the best timing. Since there other vampire hunters that's patrolling around this area.

"Ah, but Midoriya's leg is injured."

"I can carry him."

"Woah, are you for real Bakugou? I cannot imagine you carrying someone at all."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?! Are you picking a fight with me, shitty hair?!"

"Um, about that... there's no need for Kacchan to carry me..." Izuku trailed off and he proceed to stand up, in order to show the two hunters that his leg is fine. "My leg healed just now so I'm alright."

Both Katsuki and Kirishima widen their eyes in surprise. Sure enough, the wound has closed up perfectly, leaving no scar behind. For a vampire that has never taken a single drop of blood, it should be impossible for Izuku to heal this quickly even if it's a small wound caused by a silver bullet.

Could it be the chocolate bread? Izuku can get his energy from human food and heal his injuries?

"And I manage to fill up my stomach a little bit after eating the bread. If I can survive on human food then I guess there's no need for me to take blood... right?" Izuku asked.

"There's no guarantee for that." Katsuki replied and Izuku mouthed an 'oh'. He'd like to think that this is some kind of a miracle but in this cruel and harsh world, there's no such thing and he has accepted that fact long ago.

~~~

Because people has been going missing around the neighborhood, nobody dare to come out late at night. Which is why Izuku can freely walk around the street without people being freaking out at the blood stain on his shirt.

It has been a long time since Izuku last visit Katsuki's house and the mood around them is rather awkward and tense. Kirishima went back to the vampire hunter's headquarter to give the report of their mission. Thus, Izuku and Katsuki is all on their own.

During the walk towards Katsuki's house, neither of them said a word. It has been a very long and tiring day for both of them. Too much things has happened and most of it is hard for them to accept and acknowledge.

For Izuku, it's how he's no longer human and is at loss on what he should do from now onwards. For Katsuki, it's how his childhood friend has turned into a vampire and how he should deal with it.

Both of them lost their parents and is living alone. For them to be staying in the same house starting from today... it feels weird but it wasn't that bad.

Unable to bear the silent between them, Izuku finally asked the question that has been on his mind ever since he found out what kind of job Katsuki's doing.

"Kacchan, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"When did you started to work as a vampire hunter?"

Katsuki frowned as he stare at the road ahead of them. Izuku isn't an idiot so if Katsuki were to answer honestly, he'll end up finding out that the death of their parents is linked to a vampire. And Katsuki has no intent of letting Izuku getting involved in his vampire hunting job.

Even if Izuku's now pretty much immortal, it's still way too dangerous for him. Sure, vampires can heal their wounds fast and has self-regenerate abilities, they still can feel pain.

"I don't keep track of how long I've been doing this fucking job." He replied.

"It was a really dangerous job right? Aren't you afraid?"

"Why would I be afraid?"

"...Yeah, you're right." Izuku smiled sadly. What is he even asking? Katsuki has always been bold, strong and confident. For him to be fighting against a vampire isn't that much of a problem for him. No matter what, Katsuki'll always be successful.

But what about Izuku? What should he do from now on? Going to school is out of the question and he can't possibly be staying at Katsuki's house forever. There are many things Izuku can no longer do and it's frustrating.

Will Izuku be able to bring himself to accept this new 'life'?

~~~

When Izuku saw Katsuki's house, he's amazed to see that everything was so neat and tidy. Which means that Katsuki must been cleaning the house regularly despite having school and hunting down vampires at night.

But what surprised Izuku the most is when Katsuki throw a set of fresh and clean clothes at him and told him to go and take a bath. Which is why Izuku's now standing under the shower head, letting the water running down from his head and the rest of his body. To be able to have a bath and wear clean clothes is a huge blessing since... well, he has been staying in that old and dusty school for two week.

Once Izuku's done with his bath, he put on the clothes Katsuki lend him and he's not surprise to see that the shirt is a little too big on him. Asking Katsuki to buy new clothes for him would be a little too much. It would be great if Izuku didn't lost his house key when he went into hiding. That way, Izuku can give his key to Katsuki and ask him to bring over his clothes.

Only if Katsuki's willing to go through the trouble...

Letting out a sigh, Izuku open the bathroom door and before he can even step out, a mouthwatering smell immediately reaches his nose. Is Katsuki making dinner? This late in the night?

Izuku make his way to the kitchen and take a peek. True enough, he can see a bowl of soup on the table. And from the look of it, Katsuki's hasn't finish making everything yet.

As soon as Katsuki turn around and place a bowl of katsudon on the table, he turn his gaze towards Izuku. "Stop standing there like an idiot. Get your ass over here and start eating."

"Y-yes!" Izuku flinched and went over to take his seat. For Katsuki to make katsudon out of all thing... it seems like the blond still remember Izuku's favorite food and that makes him kind of happy.

"You made it for me?"

"Do you have a fucking problem with it, shitty Deku?!"

Izuku waved his hand in deny, fearing that he might make Katsuki too angry and end up getting beaten up by him. "N-no, I'm just surprised!"

Katsuki watches Izuku carefully as he pick up the spoon and dig in. One bite is all it takes for the stupid nerd's eyes to light up in happiness. The reason why Katsuki made dinner for Izuku is because he knew that there's no way that one stupid bread can satisfied a vampire that has been starving for two weeks. Also, Katsuki want to reduce the chance of Izuku going crazy from hunger and attack him when he's sleeping.

He refuse to admit it but he's glad that Izuku's body didn't reject the food. Even though Katsuki saw Izuku eating the bread with his own eyes, he still finds it hard to believe. But if Izuku can satisfied his hunger with human food, that will make things easier for Katsuki. If he were to let Izuku drink his blood every few days, people might see the bite mark and question him about it.

Still, why is it that Izuku's different from normal vampires?

Izuku has the traits of a vampire but his bloodlust and instinct isn't as strong as it should be. On top of that, he's capable of eating human food. He's a vampire but he's not completely a vampire at the same time.

What in the fucking world has happened when Izuku was turned?

Fuck this shit. Katsuki'd have to go to headquarter tomorrow to find all the reports about the vampires that has been recorded. Hopefully, some of the records has the answer he wanted.

After Izuku finished eating, he lower his head and asked in a soft voice. "Why... why are you doing so much for me?"

"Hah?"

"You let me stay with you, lend me your clothes and even make dinner for me. I just... I want to know why you're willing to do so much for me even though you hate me."

"I don't-" Katsuki paused mid-sentence. He wanted to say 'I don't hate you' but for some reason, the words got stuck in his throat and he was unable to say it. Instead, he averted his gaze. "Dealing with vampires is my job. That's all to it."

Katsuki didn't missed the disappointed look Izuku has and he hate it. He hate to see Izuku with that expression instead of smiling happily without any worries. These troublesome emotions and feelings are such a fucking pain in the ass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mine By dreamer

Fanfiction

155K 2.7K 56
Izuku gets sold to the Mafia and finds out that mafia boss, Katsuki Bakugo is a vampire. What will Izuku do if he becomes the vampire's personal bloo...
74.7K 2.2K 20
{/ Mafia AU \} Once dating in high school and madly in love Izuku breaks up with Katsuki. Why? Out of fear of the mafia gang Katsuki belonged to. As...
132K 3.4K 20
Izuku has lost his memory. The earliest thing he remembers is being attacked by a vampire, and being rescued by Katsuki Bakugo, the Pureblood Vampire...
6.9K 295 5
After a strange interaction with a killer, Izuku ran away from his abusive home to live with the slasher that spared his life, Katsuki Bakugo. Now th...