Demons (Damirae)

By Bats_1213

*Set after The Judas Contract* Life has gone back to some semblance of normalcy for the titans after the whol... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
SORRYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Ninety-One

1.9K 57 133
By Bats_1213

The days passed, as they did so, the time came for Damian and Raven's finished artwork to be entered for the competition at school. Now, when Bruce had proposed it to them, expecting a lot of shouting and jeers, he'd been wholeheartedly surprised that they'd accepted. Now, given the revelation that Damian and Raven were in a relationship, it made some sense.

Still, none of Bruce's expectations lived up to what sat before his eyes. He was moved almost to tears at the terrible realistic beauty of the piece they'd crafted, meant to be a representation of their 'identity' (as had been the theme). All those hours spent in that spare room in the manner, coming down for supper with paint-smeared faces and clothes, Bruce had never thought much of it. Now, he was beyond words.

They'd incorporated different artistic techniques from watercolour painting to collaging, aiding the impression of conflict presented on the canvas- which stood at around 4 ft by 5ft, portrait. It had been done in a way that gave the impression of two overlapping central images.

At the heart if the page, they had created two devastating figures. One, faded- done in pencil and watercolour- and of a person standing with their back towards the observers. The person was neither distinctly male nor distinctly female, nor were the details of its body distinct. Save one feature.

Wings.

Glorious things. Extending from one corner of the canvas to the other. Jagged things. With each feather like an individual blade, poised and proud, yet soft upon a further look. The texture was so lifelike, if one reached out their hand, they would almost certainly caress the feathers of a noble bird. So light was the hand that had detailed each feather that they simultaneously appeared individual spears of terror and constructs of the clouds. 

Neither could their colour be pinned down. The most depressing of greys at a glance, and the most optimistic of blues at another. And yet, still faded. Like a distant memory of these great wings, a spirit willing to be free.

And the second, overlapping image- as terrible as the first. A second figure, that somehow was easy to identify as the same as the first, crouching where the winged-one stood. Their back too was to the lookers. In shame. In fear? The image was out of focus, blurred like the view out of tears eyes. But a smidgen clearer only to emphasise on the crushing pain.

On this figure's back we're two stumps. Gnarly, blackened, stumps. Like shorn branches -trunks even- of trees, growing from the mother soul rather than Mother Nature. No red paint trickled from the stumps, only brownish smudges- the memory of that red. And here, the texture was undeniable. What looked like real bark, but jet black, stemmed from the crouched figure's back. Gnarly, black stubs.

Setting the tint for the sheer figures, was a canopy of midnight, with no crescent or sphere in sight. Merely the glinting of silver like the stars had be captured and set loose on the canvas. Cassiopeia watched in all her vanity.

The darkness did not fade down the canvas, until it reached the flames. They licked at the heels of the figures, taunting and tempting. Emerald, jade, amber...the eyes of a snake. Bruce could almost hear the hissing of the flames.

And in the bottom right corner, in black ink, the initials D.W and R.R claimed their place, done in a swirling calligraphy.

Bruce's eyes were wide, "This is..."

"Beautiful.", Cassandra finished, her eyes soaking in the art piece.

The group that had forced their way in to the room to see the picture voiced their agreement, awed as they praised the project.

"That's going to win 1st place for sure!", Jonathan said, grinning at his friends, a man arm draped over Damian's shoulder.

And win it they did.

The art department had been the judges of the contest, and Damian and Raven had been declared the best when they'd brought it to school. The other pieces were incredible- many portraits and landscapes of homes had been done, but none quite achieving that emotional touch that theirs had. The only prize the two Titans had received was a certificate, but that was enough. Truthfully, just having his father look at him with such pride was enough to Damian; Raven was happy just to have spent such quality time with Damian, working together to make something wonderful that represented the both of them.

The hard work had paid off.

Similarly, when Jonathan and Donna's time came to present their dance routine to the class, they shared a shining moment. Damian and Raven had skipped class to spy on the two of them from the dance hall's window- only to be caught out by their strange friend Maps...who joined in watching.

Raven glowed. No, Pride glowed. Not the selfish Pride; the glad, proud Pride. Each move was executed precisely and fluidly, telling the story of forbidden lovers through the spice of salsa. So incredible was their performance, that their teacher had called for the other dance classes in their year group to sit in the hall and observe their performance (which Damian and Raven once again skipped class to watch and silently support). Once again, Maps had tracked them down and watched alongside.

"You two seem overly happy.", she noted.

Damian sniffed, "We trained them. Their success is ours."

"You trained them pretty well.", Maps remarked.

Locking eyes with her boyfriend, Raven smiled, "Yes, yes we did."

***

Before long, wedding preparations were underway- each detail having being carefully examined. The cake had been decided- a circular three-tier chocolate cake with sunset orange and sky blue frosting- that had been a process that Stephanie was best left well away from. Knowing her, if Timothy ever decided to pop the question, she'd have a stack of waffles instead of cake (an idea which Cyborg would wholeheartedly support, both of them having bonded over the love of waffles). Another determined factor was the location- and they had only Bruce to thank for that-: it would be on one of the private islands owned by Mr Wayne somewhere on the other side of the world, nice and hot this time of year.

They'd reached out to Garfield for the wedding- and would be glad to see him on the day- he'd vowed to come, having spent the last few months travelling around with various other heroes around the world. This had acted as somewhat of a grounding call, bringing the shapeshifter back to what mattered. Friends and family.

But besides that:

For the bridesmaid dresses, Raven had guided Koriand'r's hand away from the garish bright colours that would have made them look sickly and towards subtler shades. They'd ended up with a simple, mint green coloured, off-the-shoulders design, above the knee. It wouldn't clash with any of the bridesmaids' complexions or hair, and so fit perfectly. There even was one for Belladonna- albeit with a different, ruffled skirt.

This is what I'm picturing folks but a bit greener:

Cuteee

But Kori's dress was le piece de résistance. Now, this wasn't a dress Raven would ever have even considered, but when Kori slipped in to it and stepped out to show the girls, they knew it was the one. In the floor-length, loose, pearl gown with a plunging neckline, Koriand'r seemed every part the Greek goddess. The warm, almost golden colour to it corresponded beautifully with her skin tone and hair-colour, and fell over her baby bump so that it was evidently there, but not inelegant or overly protruding. Aphrodite might have been jealous.

Just...imagine it but in a metallic, beige-y sort of colour. Idk.

The colour schemes of the bridesmaid and bridal dresses had been passed on to the groom's side- hopefully, fingers crossed, they wouldn't mess anything up.

The night before the wedding came, and everyone was going to have to get on a plane the next day, meaning they'd have to wake up nice and early (even though it would be on one of the Wayne family's private jets). Therefore the 'hen party' was less of a 'hen part' sand more of a girls night with everyone going to the wedding: though it was only family and friends, it turned out there were a heck of a lot of 'family and friends' for both Dick and Kori, none apparently weren't part of the hero community. Therefore, the twenty-five-ish women (Belladonna included) took the Manor for their day of fun.

And what fun it had been.

All the movie classics -mostly rom cons and straight up comedies like Mean Girls- were binge watched with a LOT of ice cream; there was a surprising amount of wrestling going on; there had been some storytelling of encounters with the various men in the superhero/ anti hero community (some villains even, though those spicy tales were left until after Belladonna went to bed) but mostly about the notorious Dick Grayson.

Zatanna wiped a tear from the corner of her eye as she struggled to speak through laughter, "Like....damn that boy is flexible!"

"Oh you have no idea!", Dinah chuckled. "Honestly, Ollie is something else completely."

Kara leaned forwards (in her Supergirl pyjamas), "Oh, really?"

"You don't know what you're all talking about,", Kate Kane laughed then off, finishing off a Chinese with Diana, eating almost as much as the Amazon, "I met a Hunter of Artemis once...my thighs still aren't over it."

"The Hunters took an oath of eternal virginity...", Diana said, frowning with soy sauce at the corner of her mouth.

Kate smirked, "No...it's an oath to stay pure from men. Nothing about sexy red-headed women."

"Amen to that!", Babs cheered and Mera raised her fist. Kori chuckled, feeling the red-heads united spirit.

"Doesn't sex get worse after marriage?", Stephanie asked out of the blue, thinking out loud. "That's what I've heard."

Lying down on the bed, her head dangling over the end, Dinah answered, "Not at all- if anything it gets wayyy better."

They'd decided to make the most of the Manor's facilities (since they'd kicked the guys out) and so had utilised the private cinema. With the powers of all the individuals present, it had been easy to transport several beds in the the cinema (whose seats were able to be removed and kept beneath the floor) for ultimate comfort.

"I'm with Dinah on that one", Lois agreed, lounging on the bed besides the one with Kori, Dinah, Kendra and Raven on it, "I mean you wouldn't believe was Clark is like. Damn Kryptonian."

Iris nodded along, painting her nails, "The super-speeders are insane though. Like, God that is good sex, but-"

"It's taxing.", Lois finished.

"Yet,", Mera grinned, plaiting her hair, wearing a green 'property of the sea' shirt, "from what I've heard, he's the one who needs to keep up. Hmmmm????", she smirked.

They all looked to Kori for her reaction.

The Tamarinian paused, then shrugged with a smile, "Supersonic speed, it cannot be helped. I just- what's the phrase?- pull my own weight. Dick has his own area of expertise."

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!", Stephanie cackled as the others gave their own wolf-whistles and laughter. "BAD B!"

It calmed down a little, then the one person who had dreaded being the target was hit.

"So, Raven, what's the nightmare Wayne like under the sheets?"

***

To sum up Dick's stag do...

Clark had offered up the Fortress of Solitude for it.

Bruce, Clark, Jonathan and (against his will) Billy Batson had fled after the first hour. Jason had taken it upon himself to arrange the arrival of strippers. Suffice to say, several of the innocent guys had chosen to hide in the nooks and crannies of the Fortress.

Damian had taken it upon himself to seek refuge under a table- escaping the clutches of a plastic, leggy brunette. He had looked to the side and was greeted by the panicked eyes of Kaldur'ahm, Aqualad, whom Damian didn't know overly well.

He nodded to the water-manipulator, "Loyalty. You?"

Aqualad sighed, "Gay."

Jaime shoved himself under the table too, "Budge over hermano." he sat besides Damian, "Glad to see I'm not the only one."

The three of them, huddled beneath the table, knees tucked up, were joined three minutes later by a red-faced Timothy Drake, who crawled away from Damian. Kaldur and Jaime nodded to him and explained.

"Gay."

"Loyal boyfriend over here."

"TT."

Tim contributed his own.

"Chicken."

By the end of the night their party had grown to include Oliver Queen and J'onn J'onzz. Any others had had to find shelter elsewhere.

Suffice to say, when the hiders finally found a way out, a while later, they grasped the opportunity with both hands.

Damian only hoped that Dick wouldn't be going to his own eddying with too much of a hangover- the second hand cringing would be painful.

***

*Dick's POV* (Haven't done one of these in a loooong time)

We'd landed on B's private island late in the morning- too damn early. I would've gotten another twelve hours of sleep if i could just close my eyes... but no. Of all the times in the world, today I was an insomniac. Not Bruce, not Timmy, me.

Ohhhhhhh shit I'm getting married.

It's wierd. Popping the question, preparing for the ceremony, choosing the cake flavour, it never actually hit me that hard. IM GETTING MARRIED. Little butterflies were whizzing about in my stomach (more like little robins) and B helped straighten my bow tie.

We'd all gotten ready on the island's mansion, which sat by the shore with a view f the beach from almost every window. Looking out at the rocking blue waves, I felt a bit sick...okay a lot sick. But that was totally normal. Wedding jitters...geez that's domestic.

Bruce smiled at me, that nice, firm, dad-smile.

I couldn't do it.

"Aaaaaaaah! I'm a mess!", I pulled at my hair, facing the mirror that stared back horrified. "It's a wedding- my wedding- I'm marrying Kori- this is real- I'm so scared and happy and scared and terrified and oOooOOoooOoOh-!"

Behind me in the mirror, I saw Bruce get pushed a out of the way by my brothers. The group of them (Jason, Damian, Tim and Wally) began to chant like this was some kind of ritual.

"Come on man,", Wally put his arm over my shoulders.

"Stay whelmed. Get traught. Feel the aster."

"STAY WHELMED. GET TRAUGHT. FEEL THE ASTEEEEEEEEEEEER!", we shouted together.

It was like a surge of courage. I was ready. Totally ready for this. The wedding was in an hour, and I was ready to pledge myself forever to the alien with the golden skin and beaming smile that brought me home.

I would get bullied for being that cheesy if anyone heard- but to hell with it.

It's my wedding day- I have a right to be cheesy!

Somehow, someway, I found myself standing on the beach, digging my shoeless feet in to the sand, an hour later, sweat dripping down my neck. Chairs had been assembled on the beach, normal, white chairs- nothing special. Just white chairs filled with all my friends, then the family standing next to me. Everyone waiting.

Where was Kori?

She wouldn't have second thoughts- would she? No- Kori wasn't like that. My Starfire was probably held up by last minute makeup fixing...or something. As if she wasn't already the most gorgeous thing in the world.

-Ugh, mushy lovey dovey stuff again...not good..

All thoughts were wiped out of my mind when she appeared, at the end of the corridor of white chairs, through one of Raven's portals.

A goddess.

My Starfire...good golly look at her!

Her hair like a long, loose river of fire- I've always loved that wild hair- blowing back in the wind. And that dress... no...no- the smile. I love that smile. I've never seen anyone who smiles so much with their eyes.

And then she was standing next to me, smiling that beautiful smile, and Alfred (our officiator) began speaking, not that I heard him. I looked down and grinned, Kori wasn't wearing shoes either. Bad as it is, I just wanted to get the whole thing over with and kiss her. My beautiful Starfire. By baby's mum. Gosh she's incredible.

I didn't realise that Alfred had paused until Kori poked me and everyone started laughing. I looked at Alfred sheepishly, "Sorry, what was that?"

He shook his head like he was saying 'what am I going to do with this one?' but asked me again, "Do you take Kori Anders to be your lawfully wedding wife?"

The words were out before I could stop them.

"Oh yeah- yes- absolutely-"

More laughter. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Kori laughed too though, and so I got a little distracted again. She actually paid attention, and when Alfred asked her, she replied , "Oh yes I do!", with her green eyes glowing more than Damian's or Belladonna's.

"Right. Well. You may now kiss-"

We didn't wait, and she launched in to my arms, her lips connecting with mine. The same tingles after all these years. My ears were numb to the cheers and I only registered her, my beautiful beautiful smiling wife, and our baby kicking up a storm between us.

And (not to quote the Bible or anything but) it was good.

A.N:

And that- ladies and gents- was the wedding! -And updated a day early! Woop woop!

Now. I have an announcement to make.

DRUMROLL PLEASE!

doddoodododododoododododom

Demons is coming to an end.

Yes, I said it. It's true. Demons is coming to a close. I'll say the thank yous afterwards and everything, but we've still got some stuff ahead. Shocking character reveals and all that stuff.

But...yeah... we're so close to the end and I'm actually getting a little emotional. Shit. Ahhh fuck it.

Thank you all

-Bats

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.9K 19
(Omega Katuki Bakugou x Alpha Dad Yakuza SMR) The the most wanted yakuza of Japan on the underground business or also know as the famous hunk ultimat...
72K 2.8K 16
nanami x male reader x gojou ~ ♡︎ ~ "I'm just a kid though." "Yep, a kid with grown-up powers!" (M/N) was a powerful sorcerer in Okinawa, Japan, hid...
128K 4.6K 27
Elsa, Hiccup, Merida, and Rapunzel are recruited to join the Guardians and team up with Jack Frost to become the Big Five. The Guardians are a group...
44.9K 1.1K 9
A Zutara inspired version of The Puppet Master (S3E8)