Howl 2

By LisaMuller5

Derek Hale x OC (Sequel to Howl) Riley's life took an unexpected turn after Derek, now an alpha, bit her to... More

Search Party for a Naked Girl
Finding Lydia
Another Teenage Werewolf With Issues
Untouchable - Part 1
Untouchable - Part 2
Friends In Strange Situations
Pool Party
Chemistry in Chemistry
Kill or Protect
Underage Kidnapping
The Hostage Situation
Tension in Detention
Shower Promises
Party Animal
Crumbling
Arrested by a Teenager Who Needs Anger Management
Huston, We Have So Many Problems
The One Where I Bit Someone
Epilogue
Author's Note
Changes Made
Howl 3!!!!!!

My Alpha's Mate

5.7K 163 104
By LisaMuller5

Isaac’s POV

I winced when I was thrown against a column for the up tenth time. By now, every muscle and bone in my body protested and throbbed. If I was human, this would’ve killed me. But Derek just kept repeating the same word over and over and over.

“Again!”

My hope for a well-deserved break faltered as a groan escaped my throat. How much more of this before he realized that he was wearing us out? And why was Boyd not training with us? He’s only sitting there, grinning every time Erica and I had our asses handed to us. I didn’t see the logic in that. He’s the biggest of us all, he has the best chance at fighting while speed was more my thing. I personally felt that Derek should focus more on Boyd and stop beating the hell out of me for a change.

I pushed up on my elbows for another round of misery, but Erica’s figure up in the rafters caught my eyes - and apparently Derek’s too. Before she could get the upper hand and jump him from above, he grabbed her mid-air and hurled her at me. I was just fast enough to roll out of the way to avoid her falling on me.

“Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?" He challenged, clearly bored beyond his mind. Damn, he’s hardly broken a sweat while I needed at least four showers.

As he turned his back on us, Erica was filled with new confidence. I watched in shock as she jumped to her feet and flung herself at Derek, wrapping her legs around his waist and attacking his lips with hers. However, her attempt to beating him or get something on with him - I couldn’t tell, lasted only about ten seconds. He tore her off him and tossed her carelessly to the concrete floor next to me.

Derek wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and glared at her with fire in his gaze, “That's the last time you do that."

“Why?” Erica challenged and pushed herself up on her elbows, “Because I’m a beta?”

“No, because I have someone else in mind for you."

“And because he’s not over Riley yet.” The words spilt out of my mouth before I could stop them. He turned his head to give me a cold look that immediately scared me into submission. I swallowed and changed the subject, “Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal."

His face lost all emotion before he extended a hand towards me, “Come here.”

However, I was stupid enough to fall for it. I barely accepted his ‘help’ before his hand enclosed around mine. Pins and needles shot up my arm when he clenched his fist around me and crushed every single bone in my hand. I winced and sucked back the agonizing cry that threatened to escape my mouth.

“Make that a hundred and one. Or more. I’m not counting.” He seethed at me, “You think I'm teaching you how to fight?! Huh? Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive!"

My breath came out in heavy wheezes once he let me go and paced across the abandoned subway. Erica was shivering at his outburst and even Boyd’s grin was wiped off his face. I clutched my hand in grief and felt it slowly healing, “If they wanted us dead why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?"

“I don’t know.” Derek stressed, “But they're planning something. And you, especially, know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. Until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you."

If that meant more training, I had to start thinking of ways to bribe Boyd to take my place. I heard he wasn’t cheap.

“Is Riley a problem?”

All heads jerked to Erica. She stared at Derek expectantly, for what I had no idea. But I have been getting this feeling lately that she’s been eyeing Derek up like he was something to eat. She wanted him, and since we’ve all discovered that Riley and Derek had a thing going on, it’s like her drive to get him doubled. Especially now that they’re broken up for a reason that I still didn’t know.

“Why would Riley be a problem?” Derek’s eyes burned into her and if I was Erica, I would’ve cowered away.

“Because she’s not a werewolf like us.” Erica pointed out, “What is she?”

“I don’t know.”

His answer came abrupt, just like my frown and confused head tilt, “What do you mean you don’t know what she is? The two of you dated. And how many things out there has purple eyes and reflexes that sharp?”

His silence told me what I needed to know. Our alpha really had absolutely no idea what he dated. I sighed miserably and leaned back against a column. I would never tell him this, but I hoped that he could tell me what Riley was. In all honesty, I wanted to know everything about her; her favourite food, her favourite drink, her favourite bands, everything. While Erica was targeting Derek, I had my eye on Riley since that night she showed up at the holding cells.

While no one could tell me what she is, I actually thought that the purple eyes suited her. And despite the fatal damage those fangs could do, they made her look ten times better than Erica would ever try to look. After she saw her reflection in the mirror that night, I knew for a fact Riley was scared of what she looked like in her true form. And I’m going to be deadly serious and honest right now when I say that she has never looked more breathtakingly gorgeous with that predator streak in her features.

“Let’s settle this once and for all.” Derek’s voice blurred the images of his ex in my mind, “I don’t want any of you talking about her. Don’t involve her into any of this. She made her choice and that’s where you leave it. Focus on training and focus on surviving. That’s it.”

No more words were said. Derek turned and disappeared into the wreck of a train behind him, leaving the three of us outside to lick our wounds. Erica’s mouth twisted up to form a smile that could chill ice as she dusted herself off. Boyd and I watched her strutting off, swaying her hips like it was a competition.

I momentarily forgot about my broken hand and trailed after her with Boyd, “Where are you going?”

“To clean up.” Came the reply, “And to savour the taste of victory.”

“What victory?” Boyd retorted, “Both of you had your asses handed to you back there.”

We reached the exit of the abandoned subway and I was surprised to find that it was already dark outside. Erica just continued forth with the two of us on her heels. I glanced around uneasily. If anyone saw me out here, they’d call the cops. I was still a fugitive and I’d rather not spend another night in jail. However, one good thing happened that night that I didn’t regret…

“Does that victory have anything to do with Derek and Riley’s breakup?” Boyd asked again.

This time Erica paused. Slowly she turned to face us, a lopsided grin on her face, “Maybe.”

“No.” Boyd shook his head while his dark eyes bore into her, “Whatever you’re planning, don’t. You’re not getting involved in their affairs.”

I frowned and the words blurted out of me before I could think, “And why not?” Their heads turned to me, “I mean, they’re broken up, which means that we’re practically allowed to, you know, go for them.”

I caught Erica gaping at me, “Wait a minute, you like her? Riley? Why the hell would you go for her?”

“Maybe because she’s beautiful and smart and not afraid to stand up against Derek.” I shrugged, “She’s a lot nicer than him too.”

She pursed her lips, “Fine. You can have her. I just want Derek.”

“Are you listening to yourselves?” Boyd’s voice interrupted our scheming, “They’ve hardly broken up and you’re already planning on driving them even further apart.” We stared at him as if he grew ears and a tail. Boyd sighed, “Look, while you two were knocked out, I heard everything. Riley said something about them being mates. I’m no expert when it comes to wolves, but I’m pretty sure that’s the same thing as soulmates. And whatever you’re planning will only come between that.”

“And why exactly should we care?” Erica asked in boredom, “They. Broke. Up.”

“It’s still wrong.”

“Alright.” Erica patted him on the shoulder, “How about this: if they really are soulmates or whatever, then let fate decide who they should be with. In the meanwhile, I’m gonna enjoy getting him out of that skintight shirt and into something more comfortable - like my bed. And Isaac,” She smirked at me, “Make sure Riley stays away from Derek. I hate distractions.”

Boyd and I stood idly and watch her as she continued down the street, her heels clanking as she went. My thoughts circled around what Boyd said, about Riley and Derek being mates. I heard something about wolves having only one mate on Animal Planet once. But this couldn’t be the same, could it? Maybe they just shared a similar trait or something that made them compatible with each other. Yeah, that was probably it.

The only thing that I was certain of was that they were definitely broken up like Erica said so many times. Riley was free, and I had a chance.

“Don’t do this.” Boyd told me gravely, “This isn’t right.”

I nodded and felt my mouth corner twitching up, “Right or wrong, but I agree with Erica. Let fate decide. And in the meanwhile, I’m gonna enjoy going after my Alpha’s mate.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 8.8K 25
Aurora Carter moves in with her best friend Lydia Martin. She meets two suspicious boys who seem to have a link to the Supernatural. And after findin...
28.8K 1.7K 20
Inflamed Passion is the 7th book in the series of 'Epic Love Saga' New Years Eve was a wonderful night for Damon and Siena as they reunited after lon...
543K 8.4K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.2M 30.5K 55
{Complete} Entering the supernatural world is hard enough, but getting knocked up by a potentially murderous one-night-stand? Well, that's just catas...