The life of Sophie and Fitz

By lonely_boyy

Sophie Foster has had a difficult life, the Neverseen is still after her and Sophie is starting to loose hope... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Authors Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Authors note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Authors Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
:)

Chapter 38

580 9 1
By lonely_boyy

Keefe's POV:

Out of all the places in the world, why was Sophie Foster in this library. But not only that, she was with Biana. And I hadn't said a proper goodbye to either of them, so I knew this wasn't going to be good.

"What's wrong?" Juliette asked concerned. "You kinda look like you saw a ghost."

"Let's just say this isn't my fairytale forte." I said breathing heavily.

"Seriously, are you okay?" She asked moving closer to me and putting her hand on my shoulder. It felt warm and her presence was comforting.

"I just- there's something from my past that I, that's here." I said still looking directly at Sophie, but she hadn't seen me. Yet. I didn't know if I should see her or not. Maybe there was a good reason they were in a human library, who really knew? But she broke my heart and it definitely had not healed, so now wasn't the time to stir up more emotions. Plus, there was Biana.

Juliette looked around and saw what I was making eye contact with- or who for that matter. From what I could tell from her emotions, she didn't like the fact that it was Sophie.

"Whatever happens, promise me you aren't a douchebag?" she sighed as I looked at her.

Just as I was about to respond, Sophie looked directly at me. My heart pounded, I mean really pounded and I got up to leave, but she was already running down the isle with Biana coming straight for me.

"K-keefe." she said, sounding so fragile and broken it took me back a notch, I felt sick, her emotions were definitely out of order.

Biana was next to her looking completely shocked. Sad. Angry. Disappointed. "Are you going to at least say hello?" she spat out. "Or were you going to pretend like we don't exist and run away again."

I looked over to my right as Juliette shot up her eyebrows and rolled her eyes. "So you are a douchebag." she said sighing and shaking her head.

"If you call leaving someone who you were close to for 16 years in a heartbeat and never saying goodbye then yes. And probably more than that." said Biana, looking like she's going to cry.

"I'm sorry." I said looking at my shoes and scooting closer to Juliette, because Sophie and Biana's emotions were so strong. "I had to leave. You know why."

A shaky breath came out of Sophie as she started breathing fast and looking like she was freaking out. "Hey, Foster what's wrong." I said putting my hands on her shoulders. I was still comforting her, I knew it wasn't good for me to do. She chose Fitz. But every inch of me wanted to hug her tightly and I refrained from doing that.

"It's Fitz" she finally let out her breath "He-" she started, but stopped when she noticed Juliette.

"Uhhh, hi." she said shaking me off and holding her arms together. "I'm sorry, were you two in the middle of something?"

"Oh- no no it was nothing." she said picking up her book "I was just about to leave anyways."

But Sophie suddenly started to look more and more interested in Juliette.

"Wait-" she said grabbing her hand and stopping her in her tracks. "That book- do you know about Psychology."

"Yeah." I said "I think she's an expert." grinning at her. She looked like she wanted to be upset with me but didn't at the same time. But I completely forgot about her when I realized that Sophie had said something about Fitz, and she was very distressed.

Biana made a chocking noise, like a muffled cry- my heart dropped.

"Bi, what- what happened to Fitz."

She slid to the ground in a heap, and now everything was really starting to freak me out. "Oh my god, is he dead." I asked as everything fell silent. I thought I was going to throw up. My throat clogged up as I started to panic, but Sophie stopped me.

"Not yet." she said taking my hand and helping Biana up.

"What do you mean not yet" I asked with caution

"What's her name?" Sophie asked shakily

"I'm Juliette, I'm sorry I should probably leave all of you to- ummmmm whatever's happening. I'm sorry for your almost loss?" she tried to get out but Sophie stood her ground

"You know about Psychology, like a lot?" Sophie asked

"What's going on? Tell me about Fitz" I pushed. "Is it because I left?" The look in Sophie's eyes told me that partially yes, and that was enough for me to feel guilty. "Look I don't want to get Juliette in this, I don't know why you need her, but I'll come home and I'll help in any way I can, I can't let anything happen to Fitz."

"Okay, I'm soooo confused." Juliette said sighing "And I thought my life was complicated."

"He's going through some human mental illness, the problem has to be fixed with Psychology." all eyes looked to Juliette.

"Did you just say 'human illness'" she said using air quotes "Like there's someone that isn't human."

I sighed and pulled her over to the corner, away from Biana and Sophie who were talking to each other and trying to figure something out.

"Look... this is going to sound crazy and you are definitely going to think I'm insane after this." I said as she gave me a confused look.

"You would be surprised." she said

"Well, there are these things called elves... I'm one of them and so are they." I started off with that and then explained everything to her. About my abilities, about the Elvin world, about Fitz, but not about Sophie. I didn't even know why I was telling this girl, but it was like something was compelling me to.

"I think you've been reading too much Twilight" she said laughing. But when I didn't laugh back, she responded with "Oh wait, you're serious?"

I took her hands and linked them with mine. Focusing on emotions, I put happiness and trust, belief and loyalty. It was like a bright light of emotions were displayed to her, running through her veins at my touch. I could tell she felt the energy between us, and when I pulled away, I could tell she missed it.

"Woah." she said and breathed out. "I believe you."

"Look, I know you're all into this, so I don't want to involve you... but if you could tell me about psychology maybe I could help my friend." She took a deep breath and blurted out, "What if I came with you?"

"Why on earth would you want to do that?" he asked, looking shocked. "Leave your whole world to help some idiot that was interested in you?"

"Oh so you're not interested anymore?" she teased

"I never, no that's not what I meant!" I said laughing. "I just need to help my friend. I can't have him hurting. If you can help and you really don't mind I would really appreciate that." I lowered my voice and shyly blurted out, "I'm sorry to involve you in all this, again. I should never had came up to you and started conversation. Maybe your life would be normal."

She tilted my head up with her fingers, "You really aren't as smart as you think you are. I saw you reading all those Twilight books. Why would someone studying psychology be in a fiction section when they hate fiction?"

I laughed and felt better. I liked this girl. I wasn't sure if she could ever compare to Sophie, at least right now, but I certainly enjoyed her company.

"Plus, I've been wanting to talk to you for a while now. I just met you, and now you're leaving! I can't just stop getting to know you. You are quite interesting... but I totally forgot to ask for your name"

"Keefe." I said and she smiled.

"Nice to meet you Keefe."

She walked right over to Sophie and Biana and held out her hand. "I'm Juliette. I'm sorry for the not so formal introduction earlier, but I'm totally willing to help. Anything that I can do, let me know. I just need to grab a couple of books, and then everything should be good."

I gave a nod of okay to Sophie.

Are you sure we can trust her?

she transmitted to me. But I couldn't fall back into the Sophie Foster hole of misery. I wasn't healed yet, and I'm coming back home for no one other than Fitz. So I responded out loud.

"I'm sure."

She looked hurt that I didn't have a telepathic conversation with her, but I didn't care. Now wasn't time to worry about her. It was time to worry about what everyone would say about a human in the Elvin world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Survivor By Sokeefe07

Mystery / Thriller

141K 1.6K 54
Sophie Foster is captured by the Neverseen. Will Sophie be able to survive this ordeal? And if so what is the price for her "freedom"? KOTLC story. A...
4.9K 68 17
Sophie Foster is in a toxic and abusive relationship with her current boyfriend, Steve. Sophie and her old friend and crush, Fitz Vacker bump into ea...
48.9K 783 48
❝𝒂 π’”π’Œπ’š 𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’” π’”π’•π’‚π’“π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓.❞ π—¦π—’π—£π—›π—œπ—˜ π—™π—’π—¦π—§π—˜π—₯ is that one girl who doesn't believe in...
80.1K 1K 27
Sophie Elizabeth Foster was lost. With no way to get home, no way to find her way back to The Lost Cities. No way to tell her cognate Fitz, and no on...