Forbidden By Them

By Amare_Beth

Book One of the By Them Series. ~ "You're one of them," he breathed against my lips that made me shudder. I w... More

Intro
01: Dreaming Again
02: First Meeting
03: Plans
04: Second Meeting
05: The Date
06: The Ball
07: Aftermath
08: Found Out
09: The Flight
10: Suprise Attack
11: Alone Finally
12: Sorry
13: Are you Safe?
15: Betrayed
16: One Step Towards the Future
17: What Now?
18: New Faces
19: Hurt
20: Blood on my hands
21: Moving on
22: Freedom
23: New Beginnings
Epilogue

14: Enemies or Allies

81 2 0
By Amare_Beth

Darkness.

That's where I felt I was. 

I was in darkness.

I didn't know what had happened after that man knocked me out in the street. I'm sure he had killed me. He had to have done that.

My body felt like it was being carried carefully.

I wanted to laugh at that word, carefully.

Why would they be making sure my body wasn't damaged further? I was even more confused.

I could feel a breath against my cheek and I knew that I wasn't dead. I snapped my eyes open and pushed away from the person carrying me. It was the man from before he hit me.

"Let go of me you bastard!" I screeched.

"Sluta slåss eller så släpper jag dig. "(Stop fighting or I'll drop you)." He spoke roughly.

I moved my hand and clawed his cheek with my nails. He growled and let go of me. I gained my balance before hitting the floor and stood in front of me. My eyes moved to another man stood behind him.

"Hon är så hänsynslös. (She is so reckless)." The other man laughed. His green eyes were bright with amusement.

"What do you want with me?!" I snarled. "If you're going to kill me then get on with it."

"Kill you?" the other man gasped. "We do not want to kill you."

I stared at him, waiting for him to speak again.

"Kanske borde han prata med henne. (Maybe he should talk to her)." The man who carried me muttered quietly.

"Ja, (Yes)," the other replied.

He turned around and banged on the door that was behind him. The door opened and both men left quickly. My lips parted in surprise and my eyes widened as I saw my father walk through the door.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

"Isabella," he held my shoulders and he spoke. "I have not been very honest with you darling."

"What is going on? Why are you with them?!"

He sighed and closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them.

"The Swedish are our allies. I signed a pact with them years ago to help us take out the moons when needed."

I took a step back.

"They needed to look like they were trying to kill you to cover up for what they were actually trying to do," he gave me a sad look. "You and your brothers going to France added a cherry on top of our plan."

"What do you mean?"

"We are helping each other to destroy the moons and take out each one of them. Soon there will be no moons left. Once that happens then we will win and we will share domination with the Swedish."

I felt sick.

Physically sick.

"Do Will and Liam know about this?"

"William doesn't agree with my methods and has been trying to get me out of doing this for a while. Liam does not know anything."

My stomach turned over with his words.

Why would Will not tell us about this? After everything I confessed to him about it.

"I know what you are thinking Isabella," he gave me a small smile. "You are just like your mother but I need to do this. No, we need to do this."

Guilt wasn't the right word for how I was feeling. No, I shouldn't be guilty for this. It was not my fault.

I had no words to him. I couldn't believe it.

The door opened which distracted him from me. He looked at the door and it was the man from before. The one who I had clawed.

"Sir, Félix is here."

My father nodded and turned back to me. "I have to leave now Isabella, you are free to leave this room but stay within the compound."

I nodded and didn't respond with words. I was too hurt to even say anything.

I let at least five minutes go by before leaving the room. My hands went automatically to my jean pocket and I left my phone in my pocket. I pulled it out as I walked outside.

I needed to get out of this hell.

My fingers hovered over Will's number but I scrolled past and dialled Dax's number. I heard it ring a few times and then stop.

Shit.

He wasn't answering.

I bit my lip and dialled Liam's number.

"Bell?!"

"Liam, thank god you picked up."

"Where the hell are you? Will said the Swedish took you!"

"Oh god Liam," I trailed off and explained what dad had done.

"I mean they deserve it but not like that. The Swedish are cruel so they will make them suffer."

I ignored his words." Where's Dax?"

"He's out with Lance, he's looking for you."

"I need to contact him. Don't tell Will about this."

"Why not Bell? He needs to know."

"He already knew what dad was planning, so tell him nothing."

I heard Liam suck in a breath. "I won't tell him anything."

I hung up and dialled Lance's number instead. I begged in my head that he would pick up.

"Bonjour, qui est-ce? (Hello, who is it)?" his soft French accent flowed through my ear.

"Lance, finally!" I almost shouted.

"Chérie? (Darling) Are you safe? Are you unharmed?!"

"I'm fine Lance," I took a breath. "I need to speak to Dax, is he there?"

"Oui, (Yes) let me get him." Lance must have pulled the phone away from his ear as the next thing I heard was him screaming Dax's name.

I needed to thank him for not shouting his name while the phone was next to his ear.

A few seconds passed and I heard movement.

"Votre bien-aimé est au téléphone. (Your loved one is on the phone)." Lance said happily.

"Si vous mentez alors aidez-moi dieu, (If you lie then so help me god) Lance." I heard Dax say with a snarl.

Lance's laughter was heard in the background and it sounded distant.

"Amour?"

"Hello Dax, would it kill you to answer your phone." I let a smile rise on my face.

"Are you-"

"I'm fine. I'm not hurt or been hurt by them. I don't know where I am but I think I'm safe."

"Thank you, Isabella,"

"Dax, oh god. I don't where to start with what has happened. It's so fucked up."

"Just relax Isabella and take it slow."

I closed my eyes for a moment but telling Dax everything. I didn't care if I was betraying the family name. I was sick of the fighting and what my father had done had topped it all.

"Bon sang, (Damn it)," he growled.

"I'm so sorry Dax, I didn't know."

"Don't be sorry amour, it's not your fault."

The line went quiet and I could hear saying some words in French that sounded unpleasant.

"What are you going to do?" he finally asked.

"I should be helping my family, that's what I should be doing for being a siren but," I swallowed slowly. "But, I can't do that to you."

"I don't want you to do anything right now amour," he spoke softly.

"I won't. I'm going to see what they will be doing next."

"Give me three days Isabella." He whispered, which almost felt like he was stood next to me. "Three days then I will come and get you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 7.6K 30
He leaned down very slowly and my eyes fell to his lips before snapping back up. He gently pressed his lips against mine, moving slowly at first befo...
56.1K 762 52
"Do you know what they call you?" The sound of his voice bounced into my ears, finger sliding into me. "Powerful. That's what they call you" Damn h...
139K 4.9K 24
So many thoughts were running through my mind as Liam and I stood there, face-to-face, ready to do something that could escalate my like for him or e...
1.3M 58.9K 61
He stared down at me with those cold dark eye's. Backing me up against the wall with his hand pressed against my throat he growled out. "Do you know...