Mini Reids

By buttercupreids

(Completed but in editing) After the death of their mother Spencer is left with his two twin daughters. Will... More

Mini Reids
Take My Hand
Line Without A Hook
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Before You Go
If I Could Fly
Thank you.
merry christmas!

3

2.4K 31 19
By buttercupreids

Songs:

Someone To You~BANNERS

One Day~Jackson Michelson

"Regret is such a short word... and yet it stretches on forever."

Ranata Suzuki

~Em's POV~

After splitting between the two cars we drove over to Quantico before our parents got off work. I ended up in the car with Reese and Jack who was driving. I was kind of upset that I couldn't go with Henry but I guess I really need to get over that, it's not like I'm any better friends with him then anyone else is.

I stared out the window as Jack and Reese talked about our new forensics project that was apparently assigned today.

"Who are you picking?" Reese said turning back to me.

"What?" I asked snapping out of my trance.

"What serial killer are you picking to do your project on?" She asked.

"Ummmm I don't know. I might talk to the team about some interesting ones they've done... or like Ted Bunny or something,"

"BORRRING!!!" Jack teased me, "I'm doing Ed Gein," he finished.

"Who's that?" I asked clueless.

"A serial killer who killed people in order to make a suit out of human skin and wear it."

"Oh..." I responded slightly disturbed but to be honest I've heard enough terrible things that it doesn't really get to me too much anymore. Before too much longer we pulled up to Quantico. We all hopped out of the car and as I trailed behind Reese and Jack I couldn't help but to hope that Henry was only a few minutes behind us.

Taking the elevator, we soon found our way to Morgan's office where we usually did our homework and found that everyone else was already in there. Thank god. Time to get started I guess...

...

A few hours later it was finally time to leave. Reese got in the front seat so I hopped in the back as dad started driving home. They started talking about what they wanted for dinner and I wasn't particularly interested in making conversation so I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my very much private Instagram account. My dad wouldn't let me have a public one because it "made me a target" like no dad your work makes me a target but what are ya gonna do?

I continued looking through some memes adding occasional input to the dinner conversation as it was necessary. Then it hit me. I had never thanked Henry for lunch or for playing on the structure with me for two hours. Quickly, I pulled out my phone and sent him a text.

'Thank you so much for lunch today! I really did have a great time! 💕'

I hit send and went back to looking through Instagram. A few minutes later Michael's name popped up on my phone, sending a loud alarm noise throughout the car. I jumped so high I legitimately hit my head.

"What was that?" Dad asked looking back at me.

"Just Micheal," I said.

"What does he want?" Reese asked. I shrugged.

"Not sure," she raised an eyebrow but just turned back to her conversation about food. I opened his message.

Michael~
What? Did you go on a date with someone? Why the hearts????

Oh crap. I accidentally sent that to him? I'm screwed. How do I explain that?? Like no sorry I accidentally meant to send that to your brother. I knew I was visibly stressed out and I also knew if my profiler of a father asked I had no plan for what to say.

Em- Ummm no sorry. I accidentally sent that to the wrong person.

I tried and hoped he wouldn't question me any further.

Michael- Okay. See you tomorrow.

Yes! I got away with it. I let out a breath I didn't even realize i was holding and then his name came up again.

Michael- Hold up. You and Henry were together during lunch. Are you guys a thing?

I felt the color leave my face. It just wasn't like that with Henry. At least I didn't think it was... it couldn't be... right?

Em- No! not at all we were just hanging out. Ttyl!

I tried to end the conversation quickly. Luckily I didn't get a response and we got home. Reese and I went up to our rooms to lay down for a few minutes before dinner was ready like always.

"Guys! I'm going to order Pizza!" Dad yelled up at us.

"Okay!" We both shouted back and went back to resting.

...

"Kids! Dinner!" Dad shouted. We both practically jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs as fast as we could. We all sat around the table and ate our pizza off of paper plates in order to avoid dishes later.

"How was school?" He asked us.

"Good," Reese answered.

"Did you finish all your homework earlier?" Ugh the typical parent conversation... could you think of literally anything else to say please?

"Yeah other than our project but it's not due until Friday." Reese answered again.

"What's it about?"

"We have to pick a serial killer and make a presentation,"

"I bet we could help you guys out for a bit. Who are you doing?"

"Bundy," Reese answered.

"What?" I demanded with a laugh. "I literally said the same thing in the car and you and Henry called me boring!"

"Yeah..." She laughed.

"Not fair!" I said and crossed my arms, pretending to be mad. Then Dad's phone rang. Reese and I shared a look hoping it wouldn't be a case. While it was fun to go to new places the whole serial killer aspect kind of put a damper on things.

"Hello?" Dad asked.

"Yes," He responded.

"You're from the School?" He asked, looking between us. My eyes widened.

"No she did not why?"

"Okay thank you." He said and hung up the phone he turned towards me, if looks could kill I'd be disintegrated.

"Come with me," He said and got up from the table. I followed reluctantly, looking back at Reese helplessly. She mouthed 'I'm sorry' though she was definitely mad at me as well, dad finding out was in no one's plan. I'm literally screwed. We walked into his office, he shut the door and sat down in his chair.

"You have one chance to tell me the truth. What happened?"

"Well... it was lunchtime and everyone had to do some homework except me and..." I stopped, realizing I was about to throw Henry into all of this. I put my head in my hands.

"Em." He said sternly.

"You can't tell..."

"Yes I can now who were you with." He demanded cutting me off. Tears started to form in my eyes. The last thing I wanted to do was get him in trouble but I knew that I had no other choice but to tell the truth.

"Henry and I decided to go to McDonald's for lunch since no one else could," I choked out.

"For lunch? Or for lunch and your 4 and 5 period?" He demanded. I started crying more and nodded.

"We- well I had mentioned that we never played in the playground before..."

"Did you get in that thing?!" He asked me, now almost 5 times angrier than before.

"Well we"

"Emily Lynn Reid it's a yes or no question." I was absolutely terrified at this point, not only did he use my full name but he was clearly beyond angry.

"Yes."

"Do you have any idea how many germs are in that thing? How many kids poop or pee? Or take their food in? Do you realize you're way too big to be in there? You could have gotten hurt!" He said infuriated.

"Umm no... but I'm sure you do." I said the last part under my breath, or at least I thought I did.

"Excuse me?"

"I-uhhh" I tried to think of a cover but it wasn't working.

"Bring me your phone and laptop. I will be calling JJ and Will and you had better make sure that your homework is done and your room is spotless before you go to bed." He said as calmly as he possibly could. I nodded and stood up quickly, I just wanted out.

"Also you'll be doing your homework at my desk after school until further notice."

"Dad..." I whined. He cut me off with one look.

"If one single thing happens at school from now on and I'm talking if you miss class, don't turn in an assignment, fail a test. No matter how small you have one chance, or you'll be doing online school with me." I gulped. This was bad. Quickly I nodded and left the room to retrieve the items he had requested. To be honest... I would take going on a case over this any day.

I grabbed my phone and before I brought it down I sent one message to Henry.

Em- 'I'm sorry'

"The ability of a person to atone has always been the most remarkable of human features."
Leon Uris

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 2.7K 26
Spencer Reid has worked for the Behavioral Analyst Unit since he was 22. After several years of getting tortured by his job and his own mind. He ne...
381K 6.1K 42
Your first year at the BAU has been everything you expected, it was something you enjoyed and were passionate about. Everything in your life remains...
238K 4.4K 18
You have just finished graduate school successfully double majoring in Criminal Justice and Forensic Psychology. Along the way you had picked up an i...
397K 8.3K 48
1/2 Kelly is your ordinary good girl. Straight A's, plays sports and is super friendly. After her mom died of schizophrenia, she was left with her d...