The night is darkest just bef...

Da Mimorimori

After getting rejected by his childhood crush, Izuku was heartbroken. On the very same day, he got attacked b... Altro

Chapter 2: Night mission
Chapter 3: A favour
Chapter 4: Intertwine and connecting
Chapter 4.5: Aizawa
Chapter 5: Searching for an answer
Chapter 6: Bad timing
Chapter 7: Fledgling and pure blooded
Chapter 8: Fear and worry
Chapter 9: A wishful thinking
Chapter 10: Fragment of the past
Chapter 11: Hidden truth and pain
Chapter 12: Decision
Chapter 13: The targeted fledgling
Chapter 14: Spotted
Chapter 15: Hunted down
Chapter 16: Captured
Chapter 17: Trial
Chapter 18: Test
Chapter 19: A small chat
Chapter 20: What am I to you?
Chapter 21: Nightmare
Chapter 22: Todoroki Shoto
Chapter 23: First mission (Part One)
Chapter 24: First mission (Part Two)
Chapter 25: End of first mission, beginning of a storm
Chapter 26: Scars
Chapter 27: Togata Mirio
Chapter 28: Training and preparation
Chapter 29: Cargo
Chapter 30: Amajiki Tamaki
Chapter 30.5: His story
Chapter 31: Getting ready
Chapter 32: Battle
Chapter 33: Warning, danger
Chapter 34: The choice that was made
Chapter 35: Taken
Chapter 36: A small hope
Chapter 37: Bad route...?
Chapter 38: Even if it's against the order
Chapter 39: Rescue mission
Chapter 40: That's my promise to you
Chapter 41: No longer the same

Chapter 1: A bad day

16.3K 387 617
Da Mimorimori

A/N: I suck at summary and this is my first time writing something like this. It's going to be very different from my other work like 'Love isn't as easy as making manga' because this is going to be... dark I think?

I'm rather nervous and unease as I'm not sure how well I can pull this off and it might not be that good but I'll try my best. (>  <)

~~~

It started with a simple love confession in the empty classroom after school...

"I like you, Kacchan!" Izuku exclaimed with his eyes tightly shut. He was afraid of seeing the expression Katsuki's making but at the same time, he was glad that he can finally to spill out the true feelings that he has been hiding for a very long time.

There was nothing but silent. Despite that, Izuku wait for Katsuki's answer patiently even though it was nerve wracking.

"...Since when?" Katsuki finally asked.

"A long time back... when we're still kids."

"Hah, are you for real? You liked me for that long?"

"Y-yes..."

"Well then, let me tell you this."

Izuku slowly opens his eyes and when he saw how Katsuki is glaring at him, he already got the answer to his love confession...

"I fucking hate you and you're fucking disgusting! Don't you dare to come near me ever again!" Katsuki shouted while looking at Izuku as if he's nothing more than a dirt. And with that, he turn around and walk away without giving Izuku a second glance.

Izuku can only stare at Katsuki's back view. He was shocked, heartbroken and devastated. The back of his childhood crush slowly become blurry and Izuku wasn't about to see clearly due to the tears around his eyes. His heart is hurting from the rejection and he never thought that it would hurt this much.

The tears start to spill and roll down his cheek. Izuku tried to stop himself from crying but it was futile. No matter how much he tried to wipe the tears away with the back of his hands, the tears just wouldn't stop.

He should have think twice about it before he decided to confess to Katsuki. He should have keep his feelings to himself. Because of his stupid choice, he even ruined the chance of them being friends.

But that's a wishful thinking.

They have stopped being 'friends' when they started their second year junior high school. Izuku doesn't know the reason and he believe that there's a reason why Katsuki start to avoid him out of the sudden. But Izuku probably will never be able to find the answer to it.

With a heavy heart, Izuku left the classroom, pass the school gate and down the street. Before he knew it, he has stopped by the park where he used to play with Katsuki a lot when they are kids. All the memories from his childhood came flooding back and Izuku found himself wishing that he could return to the past where he and Katsuki is still laughing and playing together with their parents watching them from the side.

"Get a hold of yourself, Midoriya Izuku. You've been rejected so it's time to let go of your feelings for Kacchan..." Izuku mentally told himself as he wipe away the tears that start to gather around his eyes. He wouldn't be surprise if his eyes has gone red from how much he has been crying today.

Gosh, he really hate himself for being a crybaby...

It wouldn't be easy to recover from the pain of getting rejected by his crush but with time, it should heal one day.

~~~

Once Izuku reach his home, he went straight to his room and turn on the lights. Dropping his bag down on the floor, he change out of his school uniform. Now wearing a plain white shirt and black shorts, Izuku lay down on his bed and buried his face into his pillow. The house is quiet but he has gotten used to it. Since he's now living alone in this cold and empty house where there's nobody around to welcome him back...

During the last year of Izuku's elementary school, his mum and Katsuki's parents went out for shopping. They are supposed to be back by nighttime but they got into a horrible car accident and passed away...

Both of their parents are no longer around and Izuku thought that he and Katsuki can lean on each other to support one another through the pain of losing their family but... Katsuki refused to show weakness or tears and he said that he'll deal with it himself.

Izuku doesn't know how long he has been lying down but when he heard his stomach growling, he knew that it's time for him to buy dinner. Getting up, Izuku look out of his window and saw that the sky is already dark.

"Oh no, it's already this late...!" he exclaimed.

Taking his wallet and house key with him, Izuku turns the lights off and then left the house in a hurry.

It's going to take him a few minutes to get to the nearest convenience store so there's no need for him to rush. However, there has been cases of people going missing around the neighborhood lately and by the time those victims were found, they have been reduced into corpses with all of their blood drained from their body.

It's frightening and of course, Izuku's afraid of running into the murderer who did these kind of disgusting stuff. It's not going to be safe for him to be outside this late so it's the best that he return back quickly to avoid any possible danger.

The night was eerie quiet and not even a small breeze can be felt. After a few minutes of walking, Izuku suddenly got the feeling that he's being watched by someone. He stopped in his track and look behind him, he didn't see anyone and there's no one ahead of him either.

"I must be thinking too much about it..."

Hoping that it's him being paranoid, Izuku quickly walk down the empty street. Anywhere is fine, he just want to be in a place where there are other people around. He was praying that he could ran into someone along the way. Sure, there are times where he wanted to be alone but definitely not now.

Right after he passes by a dark alley, a hand reach out and grabbed Izuku by his collar before pulling him inside the alley.

The unknown person who grabbed Izuku slam him onto the ground and he cried out in pain. Before he knew it, he was pinned down in a blink of an eye with a hand covering his mouth.

Due to the lack of light in the alley, Izuku was unable to see the stranger's face clearly. The only thing he could make out is that this person is a man wearing a black pants and a black jacket with the hood up. Something about this person isn't normal and everything about him is telling Izuku that he's a very dangerous guy.

When the stranger lift his head up a little bit, Izuku can see that he has a messy grayish-blue hair. And when their eyes met, Izuku's body immediately become paralyzed with fear. A pair of blood red eyes that seems to be glowing is staring at him like he was a prey, ready to be devour. Another abnormal fact about this person is that his pupils are slit.

The stranger's lips turn upward into a wide creepy smile. Izuku widen his eyes in horror when he saw fangs in the man's mouth.

Before he knew it, the man bit down on Izuku's neck harshly and sharp fangs pierce through his skin and flesh. Izuku let out a pained scream but it was muffle because of the hand on his mouth. He tried to struggle to free himself but the man was too strong. Izuku can feel the man smirking as he bit down harder, causing more blood to flow out and staining his white shirt.

"Please stop! Someone... help...!"

Tears are now spilling down as Izuku desperately prayed for someone... anyone to help him, to save him from this 'monster'.

He don't want to die yet! He want to live! This has to be a dream! A very bad dream! There's no way that vampires exist in reality!

No matter how much Izuku wanted to believe that all of this is merely a bad dream, the pain is there to remind him that none of this is a dream and it's all real.

To his horror, his strength start to drop at an alarming rate. Soon, his whole body wasn't moving and that's what frighten Izuku the most. He couldn't move or scream for help and all he can do is to let this vampire suck his blood dry.

Izuku finally got the answer to what happened to those people who went missing. Every single one of them was killed by this monster and he's going to become one of those corpses with all of his blood drained. The thought of dying in such manner is horrifying.

He doesn't know how long it will take a vampire to fully suck out the blood from a person but when Izuku start to become dizzy, he knew that the end is getting nearer and nobody is here to save him. It was said that if a person is near death, life would flash before their eyes and in Izuku's case, what he see is memories of his parents and of course, his childhood friend 'Kacchan'.

Then, a deep male voice spoke up.

"The Hunters are coming, we need to leave now."

After what it feels like an eternity, the vampire finally pull out his fangs and give the 'person' behind him an amused look.

"Already? They are surprisingly fast today. How annoying, can't they let me have my meal in peace..." He muttered in a dangerous tone as he got up.

Izuku might not have the strength to move but he manage to tile his head to the side to get a look at the newcomer. But all he can see is that this person has dark spiky hair and is wearing a long... coat? Izuku assume that this guy is a 'friend' of this vampire, probably the same kind as him. Based on what their conversation, it sounds like someone is chasing after them and they are going to leave.

"Are you going to leave that boy here?"

"Its fine, he's probably going to die soon either way."

And with that, they left without turning back to give Izuku another look. To that vampire, he's just a leftover food, a prey that's at the death's door and nothing more.

This has to be the worse day ever.

First, he got rejected by Katsuki, his childhood crush. Second, he's attacked by a supernatural being that should only be existing in fiction and not real life. And lastly, he's going to die without archiving his dream.

Even now, his heart is still hurting from the rejection but he still wanted to see Katsuki for one last time...

~~~

Izuku doesn't remember when he closed his eyes and drifted off into a dreamless sleep but when he finally wake up, the sky is still dark but 'something' is telling him that the sun will be up soon and it's the best to get out of here before it's too late.

It feels weird but the urge to hide in somewhere dark where no light can reach him is unsettling and it's freaking him out.

On a side note, it seems like Izuku's lucky enough to survive after all. He tried to sit up and he was glad that he can finally move his body. Reaching for his neck, Izuku gently touch it with a finger to feel the two holes but no matter how he tried to feel it, he couldn't seem to be able to find it.

He starts to panic and place his whole hand on his neck and to his horror, he couldn't find any wounds. His skin was smooth and not even a small scratch can be felt. But his shirt is wet, stained with his own blood. So how? Where did the wounds go? How did it disappear like it wasn't there?

Forcing himself up, Izuku realized that his body feel perfectly fine. He didn't feel any pain and he wasn't feeling dizzy either. Which makes it even weirder.

Leaving the alley, Izuku quickly made his way down to the main street. At this timing, nobody will be around and Izuku's all alone on his own. He wanted to go home and sleep, pretending that all of these never happened. But for some unknown reason, he doesn't feel like going home either. And when Izuku passes by one of the shops, his blood ran cold. On the window display, his reflection is nowhere to be found.

No...

No, no, no, no, no! This couldn't be happening! His reflection...! It's gone!

He place a hand on his chest and his fear came true when he couldn't feel any heartbeat either. With a shaky hand, he reach for his mouth and touch his teeth. Izuku wince when he felt a small prick on his finger. He has fangs... just like the vampire that attacked him...

There's no use in denying it anymore.

Izuku's... no longer a human.

He survived the attack from the vampire but it come with a heavy cost. What will happen to him now? Will he still be able to go to school as a normal student? Will he perish and turn into ashes if he were to stand under the sun? Will he be able to eat normal food or will he be craving for blood? And his eyes... what color are they right now? Is his eyes still green? Or was it blood red now?

Lost in his thoughts, Izuku fail to notice a drunk man passing by until he accidentally bump into him.

"Huh...?" the drunk man blinked a few times and turn his gaze to Izuku. "What... are you doing here boy? It's no good you know... for kids like you to be hanging around at this timing..."

Izuku slowly turn around to face the drunk man. It looks like this man has been spending the whole night outside drinking endlessly.

"I-I..." Izuku strutted, finding it hard to get the words out.

Then, his mind went blank when he saw the man's neck. His new fangs is itching and he want to bite into something warm and is full of blood. He's hungry and he want to eat- no, he need to eat or else he'll go crazy.

Maybe he could snap that man's neck... yeah, it would make things easier for him. That way he'll be able to- NO!

Snapping himself out of his trance, Izuku widen his eyes in horror. Where did those thoughts come from? Did he just thought of killing this person so that he could...!?

Izuku took a step back as tears are once again, spilling down his cheek. With a trembling hand, he cover his mouth, fearing that he really might attack the drunk man and drink his blood for real. He's turning into a monster and there's no more going back for him!

"Oi, what's wrong boy...?" the man asked as he reach out a hand.

Before his hand can touch Izuku, he quickly bolted down the street with a speed that a normal human shouldn't have.

On that day, Izuku went into hiding. Cutting himself off from the outside world and shut himself away at place where nobody would go to find him.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

165K 5.6K 14
Deku grows tired of being treated like Kacchan's enemy and decides to try his hardest to become his friend again. But, Kacchan mistakes Deku's forwa...
93.5K 2.2K 15
Class 1-A of U.A. is having a halloween party and Izuku Midoriya is excited. However, his feeling for his childhood friend, Katsuki Bakugo, are growi...
6.9K 295 5
After a strange interaction with a killer, Izuku ran away from his abusive home to live with the slasher that spared his life, Katsuki Bakugo. Now th...
32.8K 1.1K 22
When Bakugou finally asks out his old childhood friend out, Izuku meets his friends. As everyone was happy for the new couple, they began to hang out...