The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

By themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... More

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
9 | High & Mighty
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
26 | Feel Special
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
30 | Refugees
31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
34 | Reali-tea
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
37 | Reunion Gone Wrong
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
43 | It's almost Time
44 | New Life Begins
45 | The Happy Ending

17 | Her Majesty

17.4K 1K 269
By themoonlightdemon

KATHRYN'S POV

So ... why am I here again? Why ... am I having tea with the former empress of all people? Did I do something wrong without noticing it? I don't think I had any interaction with the emperor that may cause any trouble for the royal family as well. So why am I here?

I'm so nervous that my hands are shaking while sipping my tea. Her majesty notices this and gave me an assuring smile.

"Don't be nervous. You're not in trouble. I just wanted to have a little chat, that's it." A little chat? I am in trouble! But I can't seem to remember what did I do!

"Were you informed that Natania, Luna and Veronica had admitted defeat?" Huh? I shake my head no. I don't even know what she meant by that.

"Yesterday we had dinner together and they told me that it's futile for them to continue with this matchmaking process because it seems like my son had made up his mind." Her majesty smiles while her eyes seem to look at me from head to toe.

"His majesty and I have no problem with the fact that our son falling in love with someone who came from a normal family. But I can't say the same thing with the councils. For us, you've already done great things by showing us your concern and protective side when someone was in need of a saviour." Did she mean with Veronica and Luna?

It's just a small cut for Heaven's sake. And I was just there when those men attacked Luna and me.

"But Alvia made all the decision. After all, he's the one who will have to live with his empress for his entire life. I just hope that his future empress knows how to take care of my Alvia. He's such a precious boy," mothers and their love.

To see someone like her majesty talking about her child like this shows how human she is. Before, commoners like me have no idea how does the royal family really act privately.

"Kathryn, tell me. How is everyone in your family doing nowadays? I heard you came from a large family," I gave her majesty a little nod.

"I'm the second child out of eight. And because of that, my brother and I start to help our parents after we graduated from high school. In our mind, even though we don't have the chance to further our study, at least our little brothers and sisters have that chance," and now that I'm here, I'm sure they will have a better future than what we used to.

"You're one hardworking child. Your parents must be proud of you." I smiled. They have been doing so much for us so I guess it's time for Ben and I do the same for them.

"I miss being in such a large family. You see my father has four wives. And being the firstborn, I have to take care of my little siblings. I remembered every bit of memories I have of them when they were a child." Her majesty chuckled. I was too surprised to hear about the part that her majesty's father has four wives!

"Unfortunately I am not capable of having more than three children of my own because of health issues. But still, they're precious and I don't know if I can live with myself if they're not having the life that they wanted." Her majesty places her cup down.

"Being the royal family doesn't give my children the freedom they wanted. I am so torn to see my children growing up in such environment. Even though they went abroad to further their study, they still don't have the freedom like others." I can see how sad she is knowing her children grown up in a prison-like situation.

"Alvia is such a nice boy. He is truly. I hope his future bride would see him as the person he is and not physically." Her majesty looks up to me with a sad smile.

"He's a wonderful person, trust me." I have a feeling that her majesty is trying to convince me. But why? She should be convincing the other candidates. Not me. I'm just a nobody.

But, even if she didn't say it, I know the emperor is someone that keeps her promise. Maybe she has her own demons to fight but I know despite it all, she's a nice person. Calm, charming even.

"Kathryn, are you here?" Her majesty waves her hand to gain my attention.

"I'm sorry. You were saying?" Her majesty smiled.

"I was asking you if you wouldn't mind cooking dinner tonight. Is that okay?" Cooking dinner? That's not going to be a problem though.

"I would love to. Besides, I'm the type of person that will get bored without doing anything. Is there any particular dish her majesty wish for me to prepare?" She shakes her head no.

"Surprise us. My family and I including our guests will be looking forward to dinner tonight." Guests? Their guests? Wait! I'll be cooking for their guests as well? Then there's no room for mistake. What am I thinking?! I'm cooking for the royal family and their guests!

"Don't be nervous. Just think of it as if you're cooking for your family since you'll be married into my family," huh. Hold on, what did she say?

Her majesty suddenly clapped her hands with a smile.

"Let's enjoy our lunch. I think it's time for the main course. I hope you like Italian food." Her majesty ring the bells to call for the maids. While they place our lunch in front of us, I can't help but think back to what her majesty just said.

What does it mean when she said I'm going to be married into her family? Did she just give me her consent to marrying the emperor? Does that mean I won?

***

"I never thought that I would learn something from someone who's younger than I am. Thank you Lady Kathryn." The palace head chef thanked me before bowing his head. It feels awkward every time when someone older does that.

"Where did you learned to cook? At the academy? Do they provide that kind of training nowadays?" Asked the head maid.

"Mostly from my mother and grandmother. I remembered that they said to attract a person you love start from their appetite. If you can make something that he or she likes, you can have his or her heart." they're nodding their head as they listening to me.

"This is on another level though. You never had any training nor went through hell to be a chef. But you manage to deliver your feelings through your food," I was surprised to see Sir Frederick standing behind me with a plate of what I'd prepared for the guests.

"I was sceptical when I saw the guests seem to enjoy their meal more than usual. Hell, even the emperor was lost at words when he first tastes the food that was being served," they're exaggerating about something so small. It's just food.

Everyone can cook.

"Can you imagined the emperor's reaction then her majesty told him that you were the one preparing tonight's course?" Sir Frederick chuckled as he eats.

"Can you please find somewhere to sit and eat properly," I just can't help but say that. It's rude to stand and eat at the same time. He gave me a toothy smile before sitting down at one of the steel tables. I sigh mentally. He's a full-grown adult that usually acts so matured and dignified. I don't need to tell him what to do.

I continued our conversation with the staff when a maid suddenly made herself known to me.

"I'm sorry for interrupting. You've been summoned, Lady Kathryn by the emperor. If you would please follow me, milady." I nod and excused myself.

The maid shows me the way to where the emperor is.

"Do you know why he summoned for me?" I asked the maid.

"I'm not sure myself, milady. I'm just a lowly maid not worthy enough to ask such question," she shouldn't look down on herself that hard.

"Please don't say that. You may be a maid but that doesn't mean you're not human. And the most important thing is, working here doesn't make you a slave. Unlike other nobles, the royals don't treat their employee like the others. I was a maid before and I know how hard it is when it comes to working for them. But I changed my mind when I met the Imperial family."

The maid suddenly stops walking before facing me with tears in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I asked trying to console her.

"I used to work for a nobleman that lives in the countryside. We were blessed at first because someone so important lives at such secluded village like ours. It wasn't as good as it sounds." She was trying to cover up her neck but I saw it.

What did the nobleman do to her that resulted in such a wound?

"I shouldn't cry but I can't help to feel nervous. When they told me that I should serve the emperor on my first week, I was so worried that he would ... that I would ..." so that's the reason why she's crying?

"I don't think the emperor would do such a thing. He was raised to be a gentleman. You don't have to worry so much," I assured her. She wiped her tears and give me a small smile.

"The emperor has waited long. I'm sorry, milady," she finally gathers her composure and continued to show me the way to where the emperor is. I look around and wonder why of all places, he chooses to meet me at the garden. And at night to add.

"The emperor should be waiting for milady at the gazebo. Please follow this pavement towards the gazebo," the maid bows. Wait, she's not going to show me the whole way?

I followed the pavement just to meet her emperor. It was that's creepy as I expected. Visiting the garden at night does have that particular romantic feeling. With that feeling, I can't help but blush in a deep shade of red when I saw the emperor waiting for me at the gazebo that's overlooking the vast royal garden filled with varieties of flowers.

And there she is, standing with all her grace. She smiled when she saw me walking towards the gazebo. Honestly, does he even own anything other than those perfectly tailored suits?

"How's your day, milady?" She offered me her hand when I was about to walk up a couple of stairs.

"It was lovely. I was glad that I found something to do," she chuckled as I stood beside her. I forget how tall she is. Even though I am the tallest in the family but even I can't compete with her height.

"Kathryn, Veronica told me something crucial when we had our date earlier. She actually opens my eyes to what is happening right now. I'm sorry I didn't realise this sooner," huh? Why does she sound so ... serious?

"Are you happy here? You've been shot, you've been calling names by the nobles while you're here. I ..." Where is this going?

"I can arrange for your old job to be reinstated. If you ... decided to be free from all of this ... I ..." she sighed heavily.

"What is it? Just say it," I was being impatient and little annoyed by this. She should just say it!

"If you want to leave all of this, you may. You don't have to continue doing something that you hate just because the duchess tells you to," she's giving me a choice? Really? Or is this just something Veronica do to get me out from the whole matchmaking?

That snake. Smart move but still, a snake!

"After all, I've done? There's no way I let this go now. As you said, I've been shot! Why? Do you hate me or something?" I was just being playful when I said that but I didn't know it'll turn out to make me feel embarrassed.

"No! There is no way I hate you after what we done that night!" The emperor literally screaming at me. I hope no one hears her.

"To be honest, after that night, I couldn't shake this feeling whenever I think about you. I don't know how to explain it but ... I just can't bare not seeing you even just for a day," I blushed yet again. She just made it sound as if she's confessing to me.

When she realised what she had done, she too blushed in a deep shade of red before turning away from facing me.

"Are we still going to see the play tomorrow?" She asked still.

"Of course! You promised me," Why did I sound so rude just then?

"Perfect. Yes ... umm ... I ... well ..." she's stuttering! She's lost at words upon realising what she did earlier! She's so cute but I can't say that out loud.

"Ahem!" Our attention was diverted towards the sound of someone clearing its throat. My eyes widen to see Sir Frederick grinning face.

"Kathryn and Alvia standing in a gazebo. K. I. S. S. I. N. G," he playfully said while taking a few steps back from the gazebo before running for his life.

"You little ....!" The emperor sighs heavily. I then notice a flower pot that's in her hand. Wait, she was about to throw that to him?! No wonder he ran like hell!

"I should send you back to the palace. If we stayed here any longer, I'm afraid the whole palace will be alerted by that man," I chuckled and follows her.

Well ... I get to see another side of her and that's good enough for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185 17 5
Martha amasses only one thought since she was a child.Whilist other children had dreams of becoming high standard professionals, Martha only daydream...
14.6K 390 26
"I thought we had decided not to fall in love." A story in which a Senator married a Sith Lord, but fell in love with another man. Padmé Amidala is...
279 1 22
This is about the great empire ruled by various kings with their emperor. And one small not i myself will be a part in this story. So im so nervous c...
877K 40.3K 36
Isabella found herself being taken by the Emperor's soldiers. Her village was destroyed and she watched her friends and family either get killed or t...