I Want To Come First

Por RoseAstridMikaelson

Rose left the Moroi & Dhampir World because Dimitri broke her heart & got together with Tasha, & Lissa destro... Más

CAST/COUPLES
ALWAYS & FOREVER
HOUSE OF THE RISING SON
TANGLED UP IN BLUE & GIRL IN NEW ORLEANS
SINNERS & SAINTS
FRUIT OF THE POISONED TREE
BLOODLETTING
THE RIVER IN REVERSE
REIGNING PAIN IN NEW ORLEANS
THE CASKET GIRLS
APRÈS MOI, LE DÉLUGE
DANCE BACK FROM THE GRAVE
CRESCENT CITY
LE GRAND GUIGNOL
FAREWELL TO STORYVILLE
INTERLUDE
MOON OVER BURBON STREET
THE BIG UNEASY
AN UNBLINKING DEATH
INTERLUDE 2
A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE
THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS & FROM A CRADLE TO A GRAVE
INTERLUDE 3
BOOK 2

LONG WAY BACK FROM HELL

2.3K 50 2
Por RoseAstridMikaelson

Rose's Outfit

~~~~~

The Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium

Rebekah, having woken up and was suffering from the venom of one to many Werewolf Bites, ran out of the abandoned hospital, called Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium, and towards the stairs before turning around to look at where she was with wide eyes.

"How the hell did I get here!?!"Rebekah exclaimed in a raspy voice. Turning back to the stairs on wobbly legs, Rebekah paused as she tried to stand up straight and get her breathing under control. The blonde original let out a gasp when a stake suddenly pierced her from behind and went straight through her chest. Groaning, Rebekah fell to the ground and a familiar redhead appeared in front of Rebekah."Genevieve."She breathed out.

"Rebekah."Genevieve stated."Tell me you're not leaving already. I thought we might reminisce."She smiled widely as Rebekah fell unconscious. 

Glancing back in the direction of the hospital, Genevieve met Celeste's gaze through the window. Celeste let the curtain fall and walked over to where Klaus was strapped down to a bed with Papa Tunde's blade in his chest. A low groan left Klaus' lips as Celeste looked down at him. 

~~~~~

Lafayette Cemetery

The Witches and Warlocks had gathered around the Deveraux Tomb Grave as Sophie Deveraux was being buried."Aah!"One of the Warlock's exclaimed as he was thrown in the air. Elijah appeared out of nowhere and jabbed two more Warlocks in the throat while everyone backed away and some went to stand behind Monique, who looked back at Elijah fearlessly.

"My siblings have been taken."Elijah stated as he glanced around before looking directly at Monique."Where are they?"

"You're interrupting my Aunt Sophie's consecration."Monique said calmly as she stepped forward.

Elijah glanced at the Tomb Grave before fully turning to look at the Tomb Gave."How did this happen?"

"Aunt Sophie was a casualty of war."Monique stated.

"Monique,"Elijah turned back to look at Monique."I recommend you give me what I want, unless, of course, you'd like me to level this place and everything in it."

"That won't be necessary."Monique said, once again in a calm voice."I have a message for you from Celeste."With that said, the dark haired brunette raised one hand and Elijah felt the Magic wash over his body. Feeling his skin start to burn, as if it were on fire, Elijah undid the first button of his light blue shirt to reveal a name. As more Magic washed over him, Elijah found more names appearing on his skin."To find what you're looking for, follow the path she left behind."

~~~~~

Time Skip

The Abattoir

Elijah walked into the Abattoir as if he was on a mission."Anything?"Elijah questioned Marcel as soon as he saw him with the Police.

"They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere."Marcel answered him."Daywalkers are working every contact we got. Cops, dock workers, guys in the treme. Word is out."Marcel said as Elijah walked over to him."Anyone trying to earn favour with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them."

"Good."Elijah stated."I need a pen and paper."Elijah ordered before walking away.

"Hey."Marcel said, following the Original inside the Abattoir."Am I taking orders from you now? Or are we in this together?"Marcel questioned Elijah as he took off his suit-jacket.

"Pen and paper, Marcel."Elijah stated, coming to a stop and turned to face Marcel."Now."

"Look, I want her back just as much as you do, you know. Both of them."Marcel said before leaving to get what Elijah asked of him.

"Rose! Hayley!"Elijah called out to the two girls as he started to unbutton his shirt.

"Elijah."Hayley said, entering the room."You're back. Did you find any t-thing?"Hayley stuttered out as she came to a sudden stop at seeing Elijah half undressed."What is happening?"

"I need you and Rose to make a list of these names. Please."Elijah paused and glanced around."Where is Rose?"

"Ok....She's coming, she's just throwing a top on."Hayley said as she walked into the room and walked around Elijah, silently counting the names before noticing a name on his arm."Sabine?"Hayley questioned."Elijah, what is this?"

Neither of them noticed Rose standing in the room."I believe they represent the names of the women that Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries."

"Oh good,"Elijah and Hayley looked at the entrance to find Rose standing there."because I thought that my Mate suddenly decided to make me jealous by getting the names of his ex-lovers tattooed on his body."Rose said sassy.

"It's called a Devinette."Marcel said as he came to stand next to Rose."It's old school."Marcel handed the pens and paper to Rose."Kind of a riddle."They both walked over to Elijah and Hayley."Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it and it disappears."He explained as Rose handed a pen to Hayley before ripping the piece of paper in half, also handing one half to the pregnant Wolf.

"Why? What's the point?"Hayley asked, just as confused as Rose felt, looking between Marcel and Elijah along with Rose.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between Rose and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game."Elijah nearly growled out.

"Hey, we get it, Elijah."Marcel said calmly."If your one true Mate's in danger, you need to protect them first. They come first"

"Especially if they're pregnant."Hayley added, noticing the look in Rose's eyes. She was blaming herself for Rebekah and Klaus getting kidnapped."Or else you'll go insane with madness for choosing someone else other then your Mate, who could have died, which would have made the situation worse."Hayley explained, mostly towards Rose, trying to keep her calm.

"Yes, well....The longer the game, the more my siblings suffer."Elijah stated seriously."To find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names."Elijah held his arms out and a name caught Marcel's attention.

"The name next to Sabine Annie LaFleur."Marcel pointed out."She's a Witch that was shunned from her Coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out."They all nodded and Marcel left while Rose and Hayley started listing names, except for Sabine's and the other name that Marcel pointed out.

~~~~~~

Time Skip

Marcel and Elijah found out what happened to the Witch before Elijah called Rose and Hayley."She killed herself?"Hayley and Rose exclaimed in unison and glanced at each other then at the phone.

"Yes."Elijah stated."Drowned herself in the Mississippi, to be precise."Elijah was walking down the streets."Celeste had clearly tired of the body and was ready to take Sabine's."

"How do you know that?"Rose asked, confused as to how Elijah came to that conclusion.

"She leapt to her death from the very location Celeste and I had our first kiss."Elijah said, not really wanting Rose to know something that had happened in the past.

"Oh...."Was all Rose could say and looked at Hayley for help.

"Poetic, I guess, in a creepy, vendetta kind of way."Hayley stated.

"All these names, these lives, stolen that Celeste might take her revenge."Elijah growled out, not pleased with how Celeste took her revenge."I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us. Rose, Hayley, I have to go. I'll call you back, Darling."

"Elijah, wait."Hayley suddenly said before Elijah could hang up and Rose grabbed the piece of paper, handing it to Hayley. 

They had been going over the list of names before one name had caught Rose's attention and showed Hayley. Brynne Deveraux. Hayley had told Rose about one of Sophie's Ancestor and the Curse placed on the Crescent Wolves. 

"What is it?"Elijah asked as Hayley took the paper from Rose.

"Ask Marcel if he knows anything about a name on that list, Brynne Deveraux."Hayley said softly so that she wasn't overheard by the Vampires. Rose quickly ran over to the doors and shut them, along with some of the windows."Sophie said that it was her Family's bloodline that put the Curse on the Crescent Wolves, but Celeste said that she was the only one that could break it."Hayley explained as Rose came back to her side.

"If Brynne Deveraux was actually Celeste when she cast the Spell, then maybe Celeste can still break it."Rose added.

"I'll see what he knows."Elijah answered.

"Elijah,"Rose paused, glancing at Hayley, who realised that Rose needed to talk to Elijah alone and took the phone off speaker before she left and Rose put the phone to her ear."I'm really sorry that you're going through this."Rose got up and walked over to the window."If I had known that Celeste had made you choose who to help-You were going to die in that fire, My Darling Girl, along with my child."Elijah cut Rose off.

"There was no choice."Rose's eyes widened."You come first, especially now."Elijah ended the phone call.

~~~~~

The Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium

Genevieve explained to Klaus that the Dark Magic in Papa Tunde's Blade stopped him from healing at the proper speed. She also told Klaus that he had done nothing to her but that Rebekah did and that they needed to have a talk about her. Genevieve explained that she was going to guide Rebekah through her own memories and that she had linked Klaus' mind to Rebekah's for Genevieve's own revenge.

~~~~~

St. Anne's Church

With Elijah & Marcel

"Marcel, here's another name from our list."Elijah said as he and Marcel searched through the files and found a name in one of the file papers."Um, Brynne Deveraux. Says here she drowned herself some 20 years ago."Elijah looked up at Marcel and saw him tilt his head to the side."Do you recognise the name?"

"Brynne? Yeah. Yeah, we used to hang out."Marcel said, remembering."Knock around a bit."

"You can spare me the details, please."Elijah stated, not wanting to know anything personal.

"She used to do some spells for me now and then."Marcel smirked."Girl had power."Elijah blinked, an unreadable look in his eyes."Cursed a whole Pack of Werewolves just because they were pissing me off."Marcel came round to stand in front of Elijah."Speaking of; What do you think Klaus is gonna do when he finds out that you left him to suffer while you saved your Soulmate, Hayley, and Hayley's Wolf friends?"

"As you stated before, my Soulmate comes first, even before Family.... Besides, let's avoid discussing matters that are not your concern, shall we, Marcellus?"Elijah stated more then asked as he continued looking through the file in his hands.

"Oh, come on, Elijah. I got guys all over this City."Elijah looked up at Marcel."You honestly think that I don't know that the Crescent Wolves had a little Family reunion out at the Plantation last night? Thanks for letting the house burn, by the way. Good riddance."Elijah looked at Marcel with narrowed eyes."But my question is, what's your Soulmate and Hayley doing with that bunch?"

"Marcel, I'm aware of your history with the City's Wolves, and I assume you understand that if you lay a finger upon Hayley, it will be the last thing you do on this Earth."Elijah warned Marcel. While he was still on bad terms with Hayley, he would not allow his Brother's child to come to any harm or Hayley due to her being Rose's friend.

"I see I hit a nerve. And just when we were getting along."Elijah looked down at the list of names, his hand skimming over the list.

"We were right."Elijah muttered as he came to a stop at a certain name and looked back at Marcel, who looked back at him curiously."Every name upon my flesh signifies a witch who died by her own hand."He showed the book to Marcel."All but one."

"Clara Summerlin."Marcel stated."Ring any bells?"Marcel asked as Elijah put the book down.

"None."Elijah stated.

"Ok, well, if she didn't off herself, then how'd she die?"Marcel asked.

"Influenza. Epidemic of 1919."Elijah answered calmly.Dread settled in the pit of Marcel's stomach at Elijah's answer and Elijah looked down at his arms when he felt the Magic of the names leave his body, meaning the names were disappearing."I suppose we have our answer."Elijah said in a smug voice before frowning."Only I have no idea what it means."

~~~~~

The Abattoir

Elijah's & Rose's Room

"You sure this is a good idea?"Hayley asked, looking at Rose, who was lying down in the middle of the bed.

"If we can't go outside the Abattoir to help find Klaus and Elijah, then there has to be another way. Luckily for us, I have my Precognition Sight."Rose said and went to close her eyes when she noticed the look on Hayley's face."It's completely fine, Hayley. It won't harm the baby."Rose said, resting her hand over her baby bump."Babushka said that it wouldn't and I trust her.... All I have to do is focus on bringing my Magic to the surface and focus on who I want to see, as well as get an idea of what's going to happen."

"Ok.... but if this ends badly, I'm calling Elijah."Hayley said firmly and sat down on the seat next to the bed. 

Rose nodded before taking a deep breath and closed her eyes. The Hybrid focused on her Magic, trying to bring it to the surface of her body. Feeling her Magic rise and pulse in her body and all around her, Rose's eyes snapped open as she was suddenly dragged into a vision.

Rebekah, who looked horrible, turned on her heels and ran."YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM ME, REBEKAH!"Klaus yelled furiously."Nor can you run."

The vision changed to Lafayette Cemetery and Rose found herself standing over Elijah, who was gasping and spluttering. There was also blood on his shirt. Rose gasped, placing a hand over her mouth. 

But before she could say or do anything, everything faded away and Rose was standing in front of Rebekah, who had lowered her gaze to the ground with a lost look in her eyes, and Klaus, who was glaring at Rebekah with a look of betrayal in his eyes.

"Maybe I did."Rebekah said softly.

Rose wrenched herself out of the vision with a gasp and jolted up into a sitting position."What is it? What did you see?"Hayley asked, placing a hand over Rose's shoulder and Rose looked up at her, confused by what she had seen.

"I'm-I'm not sure. Everything was muddled."Rose shook her head slightly to clear her head."Klaus was angry.... No, he was furious and betrayed? Elijah was acting as if he couldn't breath and reacting badly to some memory or hallucination. I don't know and Rebekah looked lost...."Rose said, unsure of herself and worry formed in Hayley's eyes for her Vampire Friend. Before they could say or do anything, Rose's phone went off. Grabbing it from the nightstand, Rose read the text before looking up at Hayley, who raised an eyebrow at her curiously."Where's the computer?"

"In the Study, why?"Hayley asked.

"Elijah wants us to look up a name. Clara Summerlin."Rose said, showing Hayley the text. Rose got off the bed and she and Hayley left for the Study to look up the name.

~~~~~

Time Skip

"So basically, this Witch was actually a Witch Doctor, cool."Rose said, with a book in her hands, from her spot on top of the desk. 

Meanwhile, Hayley sat behind the desk, on a chair, looking at the computer screen, typing away. Rose looked up from the book she was reading as Elijah came into the room and came to stand in front of her, standing in between her knees, and kissed her on the forehead.

"Hey! Not in front of me, please."Hayley grumbled. Hormones were bad enough at it is being a Werewolf but now that she was pregnant, it just escalated.

"Hey, look, we found out that-"Elijah cut Rose off by pressing a finger against her lips and Rose looked at him in confusion as Hayley looked at them, wondering why Elijah hushed Rose.

"You were right about the Deveraux Witch."Elijah mumbled softly so only Rose and Hayley heard him.

Hayley's eyes widened but before she could say anything, Marcel came into the room."Find anything about Clara Summerlin, our mystery Witch?" 

"Not much."Hayley stated.

"She was a Witch Doctor. Well, actually, a Nurse, but she was a Witch, so....."Rose trailed off, smirking.

"Yeah, Rose is right,"Elijah moved away from Rose, who turned herself around so that she was next to the computer while Elijah came to stand next to Hayley."she was a Nurse at the Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium."Rose noticed how Marcel suddenly put up a mask similar to that of a Guardian Mask and narrowed her eyes at him as Hayley showed them a photo."Recognise her?"

"Top row, second from the right."Rose chirped as Hayley pointed at the girl.

"No, I don't."Elijah stated. Rose faked coughed, drawing Elijah's and Hayley's attention to her and she nodded in Marcel's direction. Looking at him, the two noticed the way he was acting. As if he knew something. Something bad. Something he didn't want to tell them, tell Elijah."Marcel?"Elijah said questioningly and his eyes narrowed when Marcel didn't look at him."Marcel?"He said Marcel's name questioningly again."Do I need remind you that Niklaus and Rebekah are somewhere suffering horribly?"Elijah stated, walking towards's Marcel, who had turned to face them."If you know something, talk."Elijah gritted out.

"The Sanatorium."Rose and Hayley glanced at each other."That's where you'll find then."

"Are you sure?"Hayley asked, looking between Elijah and Marcel, then at Rose, who shrugged, she hadn't seen the Sanatorium in her vision.

"How do you know?"Rose asked, eyes narrowed.

"I just know."Marcel stated.

"You just know isn't an answer. So, I'll ask again."Rose said sassy and glared."How do you know?"Marcel glared at her before looking at Elijah, who was looking at him cautiously.

Marcel sighed in defeat, knowing he wasn't going to escape this one."If I'm right....."Marcel trailed off as he looked at Elijah."You need to know exactly what we're walking into."A haunted look in his eyes."We did something, Rebekah and I."Rose straightened up and narrowed her eyes as she crossed her arms, along with Elijah while Hayley pursed her lips."I think the Witches are trying to use it against her. It's something that you're not gonna like."And started to explain what he and Rebekah did Centuries ago. 

By the end of it, Rose was horrified. At the Academy, she had learned of each of the Originals, including Mikael, and his endless search to find and kill Klaus. Hayley was just as horrified. She had learned of the Original Family's history months ago from Elijah, and it was still fresh in her mind about what Elijah had said about his Father hunting him and his siblings for Centuries. 

"For the better part of a Century, I have wondered how Father found us,"Rose and Hayley watched Elijah and Marcel warily, ready to bolt from the room if necessary."what foolish mistake that we had made to destroy our time in the one place that we could finally call Home."Elijah walked towards Marcel, his voice eerily calm but Rose knew that he was just inches away from tearing Marcel to pieces."Did you know, I even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus?"Rose and Hayley nearly jumped out of their skins when Elijah suddenly grabbed Marcel by the throat and slammed him into a wall at Vamp-Speed.

"Elijah."Rose exclaimed, jumping off the table and jogged towards them with Hayley by her side.

"Niklaus treated you like a son."Elijah gritted out."Rebekah-I loved her."Marcel cut Elijah off.

"I still love her."Marcel continued."All we ever wanted was to be together, but as long as Klaus was around, that was never gonna happen."Marcel said, trying to explain his reasons."But hey, I guess you wouldn't know anything about that, huh?"Marcel glanced at Rose, who looked back at him warily.

Elijah let Marcel down."When Niklaus learns the truth, there will be no end to his rage. I will not let my Sister suffer that wrath."

"I think we're too late."Everyone turned to look at Rose."I saw him, in a vision, he told Rebekah she couldn't hide from him or run. He's already learned the truth, Elijah."The look on Elijah's face was one of horror, yet determination.

"We need to stop him then."Marcel said and they went to leave when Rose suddenly caught Elijah's arm, stopping him.

"Be careful, ok?"Rose mumbled and Elijah looked down at her before kissing her on the forehead and then left with Marcel.

~~~~~

Time Skip

The Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium

Rebekah ran, trying to find a out of the Sanatorium before Klaus found her, only to freeze when Klaus came out into the hallway."Nik."Rebekah choked out, noticing the deadly look in Klaus' eyes."Nik, it isn't true."Rebekah lied.

"I want to believe you, Sister."Klaus said softly."But your face tells a different story."He said coldly. Looking at her Half-Brother in pure fear, Rebekah turned on her heels and ran as fast as she could."YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM ME, REBEKAH!"Klaus yelled furiously as he walked in a predator like way after Rebekah."Nor can you run."Rebekah gasped and panted as she limped as fast as she could away from Klaus."This ends now."

~~~~~

Time Skip

Outside The Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium 

Rose was waiting outside her car, leaning against the driver side door with her arms crossed, for Hayley. The pregnant Wolf had begged Rose to drive them to the Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium in hopes of them catching Celeste. 

With her sensitive hearing, Rose heard a WHACK, signalling someone got hit in the back of the head, followed closely by a grunt of pain, from whoever got hit, and a thump, meaning someone fell to ground.

"Hey there, Witch-Bitch."Rose chuckled. She had been rubbing off on Hayley."You and I are going to have a little chat."The Hybrid could actually hear her pregnant Wolf friend grinding her teeth in silent fury.

"Nice."Rose said, smirking when she saw Hayley dragging Celeste's limp body towards her."Need help?"

"If you don't mind."Rose opened the backseat door of her car, before she practically skipped over to Hayley and grabbed Celeste's feet and helped put her in the backseat, and then they got in the driver's seat and the passenger's seat.

"You do know Elijah is going to, for lack of better words, ground us when he finds out that we're not at the Abattoir."Rose said, glancing at Hayley.

"I know, and I'll tell him to go easy on you."Hayley said, smirking."But for now, just get us to the Bayou."

"Sure thing, Sis."Rose chirped. She had been feeling rebellious for a while now, and was happy to help Hayley get what she wanted, even though she knew she was going to be in a lot of trouble with Elijah afterwards.

~~~~~

Inside The Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium

Marcel had found Rebekah and Klaus in the basement and tried to attack Klaus, only to be sent into the wall, but he had effectively drawn Klaus' attention away from Rebekah and on himself."Just the man I wanted to see."Klaus said in false cheery voice as Marcel groaned."Rebekah's punishment won't be complete until she watches you die."Klaus stated, pointing Papa Tunde's blade at Marcel.

"Nik,"Rebekah gasped out."it was my idea to summon Mikael."Rebekah exclaimed, turning on her side to look at Klaus."If you're gonna hurt anyone, it should be me."

"Such loyalty to your beloved."Klaus said, turning his attention back on Rebekah and bent down by her side."You know If you had offered me even a fraction of the same, I wouldn't have to do this."He lifted Papa Tunde's Blade and was about to stab Rebekah, only his wrist got caught in Elijah's grip and the Oldest Original stabbed the blade into Klaus' chest.

"Uhhaah! Ohh! Uhh!"Klaus wailed in agony while Rebekah and Marcel looked at Elijah with wide eyes.

Klaus looked up at Elijah with glistening eyes. Elijah turned his attention to Marcel."Go."Elijah stated and Marcel got up and went to Rebekah, helping her up."Both of you. Run as far and as fast as you can."Marcel put Rebekah's arm over his shoulder and helped her towards the stairs."Run!"Elijah yelled before dropping to his knees and placing Klaus on the floor while breathing heavily as Rebekah and Marcel got away.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

661K 19.4K 33
Everly-Rose Thomas is an introvert, quiet and incredibly polite for her age. She has a pair of enchanting large blue eyes, and wavy light brown hair...
810K 22.2K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...
2.9K 129 38
After Lilliana Moore reunited with the love of her life, Elijah Mikaelson, all she wanted to do was return to Mystic Falls and rest for a while, mayb...
94.2K 4.2K 30
Nearly a year ago, Emma had stepped into Mystic Falls for the first time in her life, never expecting that a small town in Virginia would have the po...