Blood Moon (Twilight Fan-Fict...

By Perry_Matlin13

After becoming a new type of Vampire, Rosalie abandons Emmett, and the rest of her family with an original va... More

Prologue [EDITED]
Chapter 1 Ironic [EDITED]
Chapter 2 Ruin the Friendship
Chapter 3 I heart ?
Chapter 4 Faith
Chapter 5 Pretending
Chapter 6 Look What you Made me Do
Chapter 7 Family
Chapter 8 Careless Whisper
Chapter 9 Broken
Chapter 10 Walking on Broken Glass
Chapter 11 Introducing me
Chapter 12 Drowning
Chapter 13 Just Tonight
Chapter 14 Too Good is True
Chapter 15 Skyscraper
Chapter 16 Anywhere, but here
Chapter 17 Today was a Fairytale
Chapter 18 Goodbye Time
Chapter 19 This is me
Chapter 20 Your love's a drug
Chapter 21 The night the lights went out in Georgia
Chapter 22 Where do broken hearts go?
Author's note
Chapter 24 This is real life
Epilogue: Play with Fire
author's note
NOTICE
Shards of sunset
Full Moon (BOOK 5)

Chapter 23 I will always love you

2.2K 62 1
By Perry_Matlin13

Chapter 23 I will always love you

Lucas's POV

I sit silently at the table, and peer out of Emmett's window. He's pacing nervously around the kitchen, and I know he's upset about the Rosalie thing. He thinks it's his fault that his ex girlfriend is a total psycho who decided to kill my family on a whim. I don't blame him because Emmett would never let something hurt me in this way, if he could possibly help it. He is just that kind of person.

We make eye contact, before he drops his gaze ashamed once again. I'm starting to get really mad because how could he have anticipated something like this? He's not being fair to himself, and he needs to give himself a break. Chloe is doing her nails, off in the corner. She seems to be in a daze, but I can't get through to her on this one. I look into her sad blue eyes, and jut my lip out angrily. Why did this have to happen to me?

I know she did this because I'm with Emmett, but I still can't put any of the blame on him. Even if I would've known the consequences, I think I would've risked it anyway. Love does that to people, and although we haven't said it aloud to each other, i know that, that is what I feel. Rosalie may have a jealous streak, but I'm good at getting back at people. She will pay, for what she did. I do see her motive though. If something happened bewteen Emmett, and I I'd be devastated if someone else took him away from me.

That may have been her reasoning, but that didn't give her the right to kill innocent people. If she had a problem with me, she could've just killed me. That atleast would've been conventially fair. I respect her, for the love she holds for him, but Emmett hates her for what she did, and now she lost any chance of ever getting him back. I smile at the though, relishing in any pain that I can cause her.

I look around, as someone enters the room, and see Carlisle. He paces over to me, and puts my hand into both of his.

"I'm sorry, for your loss. I never thought that Rosalie would be capable of something like this. She was always stubborn and tenacious, but never cold blooded." He says, his voice full of sorrow. I know this is hard for him. Rosalie is one of his daughter, and now he has to count her as an enemy.

I realize the position Emmett is in, and I almost regret the fact that I'm going to kill Rosalie. I can't think about that, or my resolve will fail, and I won't go through with my promise to myself. I nod my head in undersa=tanding, at Carlisle's words.

"Thank you Dr. Cullen. I'm sorry that it has come to this with your daughter. I never meant to cause problems with your family. You must understand that I never intended to hurt you" I say, pleading for him to understand.

Emmett growls from across the room, and I cringe in fright. What did I do to anger him? I'm trying to apologize, but nothing seems like the right thing to say. I feel my eyes tear up, and Carlisle reaches up to brush them away.

"That's enough son. Lucas has been through a lot today. Do not press him, or stress him out anymore. He could go into shock" Carlisle says, but I don't want to be looked at as fragile. I'm not going to slip into shock.

"He shouldn't be apologizing, for her mistakes. It's not his fault. If I wouldn't have been with you Luke, she would've found away to make my life miserable. She was always a bitch, but none of us could see the evil beneath it." he explains, and relief resonates through my chest. I feel the tension of my nerves, instantly release and I feel like I can breathe again. I brush the final tears away, and smile up at Emmett.

"I don't understand. What are you?" Skylar asks, from the dining room doorway, and we all turn to her cautiously. I would personally like to tell her the whole story, but we can't put them in any more danger, than they're in now.I mouth to Emmett what he should say, but he waves it off, and strolls over to her.

"You will not ask that question again, until we are out of the red. " he says, and her eyes glaze over, before she complacently walks back into the living room.

Dylan is sleeping on the couch, and Skylar is laying with him. They've been pretty out of it, since Emmett put his blood in them. He says it should wear off in the next couple hours, as it begins to leave their system. Chloe wasn't as injured as the rest, so it's not affecting her as much. She is fully aware of what the Cullens are, and she is caught up to speed on what is really going on. Emmett was going to compel her to forget, but I asked him not to.

Emmett leaves the room, and I'm left alone with Carlisle, and Chloe. we sit in silence, and wait for our next move. The Denali coven are searching for a trail with Edward. This is all so overwhelming. I never imagined that my life would be tied up with the crimes of bloodsucking vampires. Hell, I never knew I'd discover the existance of vampires in the first place. That's supposed to be reserved for low budget horror movies, and creepy books.

I hear the shrill ring of a phone, and Emmett answers it. I don't hear much of the conversation, but I know he was talking to Esme, and that they were checking on whether Bella had turned up there, or not. I hope Rosalie didn't kill her. I know they never got along great, but Rosalie valued motherhood over anything else, so would she take away Renesmee's mother? I don't think so, but I've never known Rosalie.

I hear Emmett say something about going somewhere, so I try to catch the whole conversation. I guess we must be relocating, and going on offense. I wish I wasn't a useless human. Then the thought glues itself into my mind, and it won't go away. If I became like Emmett, then I'd be able to keep up, and help fight. Maybe I should have Emmett turn me right now. Somehow, I doubt he's going to let me kill myself, so I'll save that talk, for later.

I stand up to prepare myself, for our departure, but when Emmett sees me packing, he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Where do you think your going?" he asks, and I raise my eyebrows. I wave my hand torwards the room, where he had the conversation, and his eyes light up with comprehension. "Oh hell no Luke, you're staying here with Carlisle." he said, and I frown. Does he think he can control me?

"Emmett, you aren't leaving me here to wonder if you're alive, or not. Why can't we just go together?" I ask, and he barks with laughter.

"No" he says simply, before turning away from me. I scowl in fury, and stomp up the stairs to his bedroom. I fling myself on his bed, and lay there. I hear the door close, so I know he's here with me. I turn over onto my back, and face him. His blue eyes are searching mine.

"You need to stay here" he whispers, and I groan, on the verge of tears.

"Emmett, I can't just sit here, and wait for you to die" I shout, and he presses a finger against my lips, but I shove it away softly. "Emmett you can't-"

"The only thing I can't do is lose you, so no you;re not allowed to come" he says, and I cry out angrily.

"Do you hate me? Because you are killing me Emmett Cullen!" I hiss.

"Lucas, I- I love you" he whispers tenderly, and I melt. I wrap my arms around his neck, and kiss him urgently on the lips. I mash my lips against his, like this'll be the last time I ever see him. He rolls on top of me, and kisses my even more fervently than before. I reach up his loose button up shirt, and feel his muscles. He shutters with pleasure, before knitting his fingers into my hair. I respond by lifting his shirt completely over his head, and taking it off.

"I love you too" I breathe, as his shirt drops to the floor. I begin to kiss down his neck, but he gently pushes me away. I look at him, hurt by his rejection, but his gaze shows me that he doesn't want to stop.

"We're not doing this as a goodbye gesture. I want this to be special" he says, and I understand. I would love for it to be a special occasion, and not one of bitter sweet goodbye. I lay my head on his chest, and cry softly, until Edward is back, knocking on the door.

"I will always love you" he says, and I press my finger to his lips. I don't want him to say goodbye because that'll make it seem, so final.

"I will always love you too, but tell me that when you come home in the morning" I say, and he laughs softly. We kiss one last time, before he gathers his shirt off the ground, and leaves me to ponder alone on his bed. When I'm sure he's out of hearing range, I let the tears loose. I feel like he's gone, and I'll never see him again.

When I walk out of the room, and see that Carlisle isn't here I look to Chloe, and she shrugs.

"They signed the house over to you, and fed us all vervaine, and now no vampire can enter without an invite in" she says, and a smile plays at my lips. Now they have Carlisle to help them find Bella. I look at the couch, and see Skylar, Dylan, and Renesmee sleeping soundly together. Renesmee is in Dylan's arms. I smile once more, before turning back up the stairs.

Once in his bedroom, I lay facedown on the bed, and cry. I fall asleep with Emmett's scent strong in my nostrils.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.9K 41
{EDITING} What if the Cullens, Swans, and Hales meet in a small town named Forks? Will Edward still fall in love with Bella, so are Jasper & Alice, a...
3.2K 77 19
Elena and her nonidentical twin Bella have decided to leave their warm home of phoenix where they live with their mother Renee and their step-father...
873K 23K 35
Ezra Geralds has lived in Forks, Washington almost all of his life. He lived his life in a steady routine. School, swim practice, work then home. He...
5.2K 140 40
Everlasting may not be looking like she's aging but now she's 18 and tottaly in love with Embry, but when he proposes will she be too shocked to answ...