A Heart of Glass {{BNHA x rea...

By keroppi237

----- Everyone else left, Turning their backs to me Never to return in my life, So why, Why do you choose to... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23

Chapter 19

7.6K 312 286
By keroppi237

————-
How do I make you stay?
————-
Let me tell you a story, about a girl who never really knew what it felt like to cry until her loved one died. Yes of course she would whine and throw tantrums. But with no reason behind it all. There was no sadness behind her actions, it was irrelevant. However, it all changed when her father passed.

They had no way of shutting the little girl up, no matter what they did, she wouldn't stop. She staying in the same place he took his own life pounding her own fist into the floorboards until her hand went numb. She kept screaming even when her voice was lost. She continued crying until her tears ran dry. Everything the girl had bottled up inside over the past years was let out, then and there. It would be embedded in her brain forever. She couldn't bring herself to say goodbye.

And she crumbled

I crumbled, until it was impossible for me to piece myself back together.
————-
(Y/N) P.O.V
Did the pretty boy just call me beautiful? It's a joke right? Even without this getup, I'm pretty? Shit this is stupid, my face feels so warm. Maybe I caught a cold after all. Right after he said that, I kinda just left trying not to make a scene about it. His words probably just got mixed up again, yeah that's it, right?

I really have to stop dwelling on it, I have to make it back to watch the other battles. There's something weird about this hallway though, why's it so isolated? I guess everyone just went to observe the finals. I should hurry too then.

Just as I about to turn a corner, I run into someone's chest. Geez what's up with me and running into people? I look up to see who it is but their face was covered by a baseball cap. By his body build he looked middle aged. His stature was tall even though his posture was slouched.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing," the mans breath reeked of alcohol, which I know the smell of all to well. He shouldn't even be here if he's been drinking. My nose scrunches up after the words left his mouth. This guys definitely got a problem. I was about to turn but he grabs onto my wrists. Clutching them so tightly that I felt like my blood circulation could be cut off. The hell?! Why can't I break free?

"Let go of me," I tried to seem unshaken, I'm not giving this guy a chance to pull something. He held my arms over my head and stroked his finger across my cheek.

"Why don't we have some fun?" At this point I'm utterly disgusted. Does he have a quirk related to strength or something? I can't break free. I squirm around as he attempted to bring his face dangerously closer to mine. But as I glanced away he only gripped tighter. There's no one else around to help me too, I keep getting into such crappy situations. This place is full of pro hero's, then why is not a single one here to help? At least one person. But I can't just wait around to get saved.

I snap my fingers, not loud enough for him to hear or suspect something. I managed to manipulate his shadow, having it turn into something that'll help me. The snakes I created slithered near his feet about to bite. Stay calm, all he needs is a bit of that venom in his system and this guy'll be out like a light.

"Aww come on don't shy away like that," he tilts my chin upward,"we could go somewhere else secluded if you're so nervous."I close my eyes to brace myself, just a little longer and I can beat the shit out of him.

"(Y/N)! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Before my snakes could bite a familiar voice spoke out. I open my eyes again and the grip on my wrists loosened so I was able to get out. While I backed away an arm draped itself over my shoulder.

"What do you think you're doing with my girlfriend sir?" I look up at the red headed boy and gave him the most dumbfounded expression ever. He leaned down to my ear and whispered something along the lines of, 'play along with it.' I understand he wants to fool this guy, but why is it such a stretch from the truth? If you're gonna lie at least make it believable.

"Kirishima! Thank god you're here! This man tried to take advantage of me," I attempted to look afraid and all that. Like some damsel in distress. If it were a normal situation, I'd never say such a thing.

"Don't worry dear I'll take care of him," before the red headed boy could get to him, I took the liberty to do it first. The man was trying to run away, like hell I'm letting this guy have a opportunity to leave. One of my creations made its way up to the mans neck, wrapping itself around him.

"I advise you not move or it'll choke you to death, better yet it's fangs will seep so deep into your skin that the venom it carries will have already shut down all feeling you have in your body," I spoke out making sure he heard me loud and clear.

"(Y/N) don't you think that's a little harsh?" The red haired boy questioned in a sarcastic tone of voice.

"Nothings too harsh for people like him but I don't want to have to deal with burying his body so why don't I make this easier for both of us?" The man that reeked of alcohol nodded his head profusely.

"Get as far from here as you can, not until you reach a certain distance will the snakes disappear," he kept on nodding and managed to choke out a full sentence.

"H-how far do I have t-to get?" Wow he actually appeared scared, now that's a sight to see.

"You'll never know until it disappears," I felt a smirk place itself on my features. Now all hope from his eyes were gone, filled more with panic. Kirishima then tugs on my sweater, pointing in the direction where we should be going.

"Goodluck sir," like before, the red headed boys words were dipped in sarcasm as he turns around to salut the distressed man.

I was lost in space once again, each step at a time. However, still aware that for some reason I held my breath till we got far enough away that I could feel at ease, I take in a big gasp of air.

"You okay there space cadet?" It was the first time I took so long to answer. Minutes passed and I couldn't even muster a simple yes.

"I'm fine," finally I croaked something out. Kirishima looked like he was dying of anticipation, now he appeared, how would you describe it? Less panicked? "I could've handled it, I don't need a knight in shining armour." Now it was his turn to keep quiet.

"You know (Y/N)..." I quirk a brow at him, what's with the dramatic pause? He sounds like the commentators. "It's okay to be scared sometimes."

"Idiot," the word just slipped from my tongue,  "I wasn't scared."

"I should've known you'd say something like that, always so fearless huh?" He sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. It caught me off guard, he's supposed to be one of those happy go lucky people. What's his deal? The red headed boy stopped in his tracks but I kept moving forward, my eyes glued to wear he stood. I keep going till I feel a hand on my forehead, pulling me backward.

When I finally look back straight ahead, there was a support pillar. I tilt my head back and gazed at a pair of red ones. I do a 180 degree turn so that I was boring my gaze into him. His hand immediately removes itself off my forehead and was frantically being waved around.

"S-sorry, you were about to walk into that pole and I just kind o-"

"Thanks," Kirishima gives me this puzzled look and I take the liberty of continuing to move ahead. "For saving me before and now,"

"Yeah no problem,"

"But.. "

"But what?"

"Why did you make it so we were in a relationship?" I questioned him,"it was completely unnecessary, we could've gotten out of that situation without that being apart of it."

"Oh well you see the answer to that is simple," geez another dramatic pause.

"I just wanted to call you mine for a little while."

And there it was, a line that would be expected for him to use. Now he's back to his normal self.  Yet it made my chest feel weird again.

"Dork"

~Timeskip~
I didn't make it in time to watch the other fights. It never occurred to me how long it took for me to even get to where others were observing. Now I have to walk all the way back to the waiting rooms. What a pain, I stuff my hands into my jacket pockets.

From what I remember it was Izuku against that purple haired guy, I can't bring myself to think of his name. Todoroki vs. Sero, Kaminari against that vine chick. And now suddenly it's my turn. I can believe I missed all of them, time really does pass by quickly, how unfortunate.

This time there's a reasonable amount of people crowding the corridors. However not enough for them to be running into eachother accidentally. Despite that I feel a slight nudge against my shoulder. I hope it's not some creep like before. I boringly focus on who it was.

Speak of the devil, it's the guy who fought Izuku.

"You have enough awareness that you can aim a dagger so it skins someone but you can't watch where you're going?" I scoff at his snarky remark, what a pain. It rang a bell though, his name is Shinso, I believe. From the information I've heard about him, his quirk has something to do with brainwashing by responding. So my lips remained shut, which I guess he already knew the reason behind me doing so.

"Don't worry I won't use my quirk on you," my eyebrows furrow, should I trust him? What's the worst he could do? To me he doesn't seem like a bad guy but don't judge a book by its cover right? Without thinking twice I stick out my pinky toward him. Urging the purple haired  boy to lock fingers with me.

"What are you a kid?" I wait a few seconds till he gives in and pinkie promises. However Shinso was right, it was childish but he already went through with it so whatever.

"Stamp it," he lets out a huge sigh while rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. The pads of our thumbs touch. "Now I can trust you, but I kind of just wanted to make you feel stupid, you're not bad so I would've talked to you anyway." Now there was a period of silence, the comforting type, but silence nonetheless. Without even noticing we were walking side by side to my destination.

"You don't think I look bad? When you look at me you don't see a villain?" He blurts out of no where.

"People see me that way too, but words don't really matter do they? They don't matter at all."

"I guess you're right," this time there was an awkward pause until he continued,"also you look so, I don't know how to explain it, sad all the time?" I almost laugh, not meaning to though. Was this really his attempt at changing the subject?

"That's an understatement and I could say the same for you," I retort back in response.

"Why? Do you have some tragic backstory to go with how you act now?"

"Maybe," is this some kind of interrogation now?," but it's such a dull story that you'd get bored." There was silence again however it was more like, tension this time.

"Funny," I raise a brow to him, awaiting to see if he'd continue on, "I don't feel bored what so ever." This time I actually snort, more like held back laughter. He almost looks confused, maybe even embarrassed.

"Sorry, you sounded like Kirishima just then, he pulls lines like that all the time." I don't even know why I found it funny. Maybe it's because someone with the same personality as this bed headed guy wouldn't say such a thing. I finally stop and I figured he hated me now, but the corners of his lips lifted upward. A small grin but worth noticing. We reach the waiting room I was designated to.

"Didn't need to take me all the way here but thanks," I turn my back to him but before he could leave my head tilts so I'm peeking over my shoulder,"you should smile more, maybe it'll help others know you're not as bad as they thought." Before there could be an answer I quickly twist the nob and it clicks open. My back now pressed against the door, not sure if I saw his facial expression properly but I'll just hope he didn't take it the wrong way.

It's weird, I'm suddenly talking to more people. And I'm not pushing them away as much, why? Why can't I remember that the more people I have in my life, the harder it's gonna be watching them walk right out? I just don't wanna be disappointed, that's just how it goes. If they say they want to stay then why was it so easy for them to get up and leave.

Everything in my head felt fuzzy and out of the blue. Now that I'm surrounded by people I guess I missed being alone. Now all the built up thoughts were racing through my head. I snap out of it hearing a loud voice through the intercom. I don't bother to listen to what Present Mic is saying, I just figured I'd go the arena now.

"Now, it's time for the fourth match! We're gonna keep rolling along! Rush headlong toward the top!" The class president and I are standing on opposite sides of each other, with him looking as uptight as always. I feel more calm now, I can't lose. The crowds roar from all sides of the stadium.

"It's like he's the epitome of the middle of the pack! From the hero course, it's Tenya Iida!Versus.." why do we even need introductions? It's so stupid, "the sister of pro hero Lorelei! Also from the hero course (Y/N) (L/N)!" This is why it's stupid, because all they ever mention is my sister. It's never really about me, just who I'm related to.

We get the permission to begin and immediately he zooms toward me in an instant.  I forgot how annoying his quirk is and I don't know when he'll use that special move of his which means I actually have to think. How should I execute this?

3rd Person P.O.V
"Reequip," the (H/C) haired girl says a bit louder than she usually does. A large weapon appears in her palms and she proceeds to twirl the handle between her fingertips. She would never think so but everyone was in awe as she did so.

With her swift attacks against her opponent it looked so, as others would say, amazing. Like the girl was dancing, so rhythmic with her movements. Entrancing even with her stoic facial expression. It was like everyone was being held under a spell just looking at her. Including some particular boys who clenched their fists seeing her struggle as they watched from above.

Her opponent in this particular fight was someone who excelled in speed. The class president circled her as she's trying to predict his movements. With every swing of her scythe it wasn't quick enough to land a solid hit. The girls eyebrows crease in frustration. However all she needed to do, was make him use that special move of his. If he used it then it would take a tole on his engines.

She's a rather clever girl, all she needed to do was to be right where her opponent wanted her. Then he would most likely try and push her out of bounds. The (H/C) haired girl proceeds to sit herself down on the other side of the arena. By doing this the class president stops and is infuriated at her for not "taking it seriously." She shrugs it off while playing around with her weapon, pretending to ignore Iida completely.

With this he darts right for her once again, but this time she snaps her fingers. Snakes begin to slither near his feet and he shakes them off by running right through them. (Y/N) a little disappointed it didn't scare him snaps again this time making two was, narrowing down to her, with Iida on the other side.

"Better start running class prez, or you'll be crushed completely," her hand begins to contract causing the darkness to close in as well. He realizes his circumstances and bolts through while (Y/N)'s hand is almost being clutched fist. The pressure in the atmosphere becomes more tense, leaving people at the edge of their seats.

And just like she was hoping for, he used that move of his. However the (H/C) haired girl knew it was coming, while he zooms toward her with his hands out, ready to get her out of bounds.

If (Y/N) timed it any differently she would lose. The girl leaps midair, flipping herself from his back and pushing him with the strength of her legs. With that, the girl lands perfectly on her two feet. It was dead silent, you could hear a pin drop.

"AND WITH THAT," the umpire says as she waves her flogger, "(Y/N) ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND."

————-

A/N
OH MY THAT TOOK FOREVER DIDN'T IT? I'M ACTUALLY SO SO SOO SORRY, HEAR ME OUT OKAY? I have a perfectly good explanation for my disappearance (which I'm actually so ashamed of). Well it's kind of a good reason but not really. I'll just say this straight up, something happened and I was in the hospital for a while. I'm better now but I just couldn't find the time to write. I'm so disappointed in myself for leaving for months (again) and it sucked. I hope you guys will forgive me? I'll try and update more often and that's a promise. So don't be mad okay? Most of y'all probably left, forgot about this story all together. But to those who stuck around and waited, thank you for reading. I ALSO HOPED YOU LIKED IT EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS KINDA RUSHED!! I LOVE YALL SO MUCH! SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!
Anyway bye~

~unedited~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

747K 28K 32
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
222K 5.1K 65
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
11.7K 729 48
𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐤, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛...
47.9K 2.3K 38
Reader-chan was just having a normal day. It happened to be a non-uniform day at school, so she was walking in her normal clothes with a few pieces o...