Searching for you - Destiel

By Fainted_Angel

Dean is desperately trying to find his brother, Sam, who vanished into thin air a week ago. He has no idea wh... More

Amen, or Whatever
Best Damn Burger
If You're an Angel, Where Are Your Wings?
Stupid Freakin' Aliens
I'll Help You
Something strong
I walked through a desert
Drive
Rain check on that kiss?
We've got company
Son of a-
I'M BACK

Okay? Okay.

47 4 18
By Fainted_Angel

The atmosphere inside of the restaurant is chaotic, exciting. Since it is lunch time, the restaurant is filled with people of all kinds. There are tired parents and their loud, whiny children. There are bus drivers grabbing a bite before their next shift, bikers, teenagers and seniors. Even a police officer has stopped by for some chicken nuggets.

"How does this work, Dean?" I ask quietly. "I've never encountered anything like this before."

He chuckles, a deep rumbling laugh.

"See that screen up there? It's showing you everything they make. On the right is the burgers and other not as important meals like salads, and on the left is the desserts. They're important."

I study the board above me and a large, colourful burger catches my eye.

"That one looks... good." I point up at it.

"The double cheese burger deluxe. An excellent choice. You want anything to drink?"

"No. I haven't eaten anything in the last 15 years. Maybe I'll just get used to eating first."

"Fair enough. Now we got to wait in line to tell the people behind the counter what we want." Dean tells me.

I nod my head, beginning to understand. I turn and take in all the people, the sound of chewing, crying and laughing. The blue and white tables have ketchup stains and crumbs on them, neglected to be cleaned by the staff. A full ring of onion lays on the floor and I spot a collection of small coins under the desk in front of Dean.

In the middle of the room there is a block with a machine on it. The machines have switches and nozzles on them. It looks interesting so I wander over to investigate. What is it? There are holes in the counter beside it, and containers holding straws and napkins. I look back at Dean who is watching the adds for burgers and new kinds of dipping sauces roll across the screen. He seems infatuated.

My attention goes back to the contraption on the counter. I extend one finger, and slowly press one of the switches. A neon green liquid shoots out of the nozzle into a gutter below. Startled, I bring my finger back. I squint at the label. Mountain Dew. I didn't realize dew was so colourful. I press the one beside it and a bubbly brown drink comes out. The label above it says Root Beer.  

Isn't that illegal? I join the hunter in the cue.

"Dean!" I tug on his arm. "Dean, they're serving beer to children!"

"What!? Oh, do you mean Root Beer?"

I nod.

"It's all right, there is no alcohol served here. Root Beer's just the name of a pop."

"Oh. That's good." I let out a sigh. He looks around the room and frowns.

"Hey. You wanna get us a table? It's getting busy. Just wait there and I'll bring our food. Kay?"

"Okay."

Most of the tables are occupied, but I see an empty one beside the front window. I maneuver myself between strollers and pushed back chairs, eventually getting to the table. It's blue with a white bench on either side. When I sit down I discover that the hard plastic is not very comfortable at all. The other people here don't seem to notice so maybe it's just me.

I watch as Dean talks with the cashier who stabs at her computer with pointy nails, and then motion for him to wait to the side. Behind the cashier, people in hair nets and aprons drop large bags of potato chips into boiling oil, before tossing them around.

I can hear the sizzling of everything grilling or frying with my enhanced abilities and a moment later four packages and a paper cup are placed on a red board and passed across the counter to Dean. He quickly spots me and comes over to the table I got.

He sits opposite me and unloads the tray. He passes me a warm, wrapped up thing I assume is the burger. He also gives me a pouch of fries.

"There you are. I'm just going to get a drink. You can start on the fries but wait till I'm back to try the burger. I want to be there when you take your first bite of heaven." He must see my baffled expression and adds, "It's an expression for good food." Before going to the big machine that spits dew and fake beer.

I pick up a chip and pop it into my mouth. The coating is battery, but delicious and the potato inside is soft, although it doesn't taste like the real vegetable. Over all it's salty and good. I eat a few more before before Dean comes back and I swallow the mouthful of fast food.

"They are really good." I eat another.

"Glad you like 'em. Now for the burger."

We unwrap ours at the same time and he takes a bite before I can even pick mine up. There are two beef patties inside, along with a lot of cheese, a tomato, lettuce, bacon and a slice of onion.  The top of the bun keeps sliding off when I try to grab it, but eventually I succeed.

I somehow fit my mouth over all of this and take a bite.

My eyes widen as I stare at Dean. Wow. I chew the hamburger, tasting everything as it all rolls into one flavour. Each has a unique taste yet they get along wonderfully.  The lettuce is crisp and fresh, the onions offering a tang. The warmed smoky bacon is crunchy and the abundance of half melted cheese laying across the tomato is amazing. The meat is flavoured with some kind of spices and the tomato neutralizes them just enough not to be actually spicy. And of course the smooth sauces on the toasted bun pulls everything together perfectly. 

"This is absolutely delicious!" I exclaim. "I understand why you eat them so much now."

I take another giant bite, enjoying the taste of this new food. In my next bite I found a pickle tucked away inside. What a nice surprise! I scarf down the rest of my fries, leaving my hamburger for last. 

"I'm glad you like it. Sammy ne- Some people I know would rather eat leaves."

"Well I would rather have this. No questions asked."

"Good on ya. I'm also going to take you for pie after this." He says after a sip of his drink.

"They have pie here." I point out.

"Yeah, but it's crap."

----------------------

Dean P.O.V

Seriously. What these guys serve is not pie. It's some kind of not pie... disusting... mushy... pie?

I don't even know. I watch as Cas finishes his burger, liking the tips of his fingers to get the rest of the sauce. A man after my own heart. I crumple up my garbage and toss it onto the tray in the middle of our table and finish off the rest of my drink.

I gulp down the sprite and make that slurping sound that always happens when you get to the bottom. I play it up a little, earning a glare from a mother whose child starts doing the same thing. Cas shakes his head before adding his garbage to mine. 

"So I can safely say you enjoyed your first burger?" I ask when we leave the shop.

"Yes. It was amazing! Can we have them again tomorrow?"

"Of course we can." 

When we get back to our motel room after getting pie it's dark out side. We ordered four slices of pie between us. I got Pecan (my favorite) and apple. Can't beat the classics. Cas ordered blueberry and cherry, but he didn't like the cherry so he traded for my slice of apple. He enjoyed them just as much as the burger.

Now I'm back in front of my laptop, attempting to track Rob and Tessa, the demon vessels. Cas has gone out, claiming he has some connections that could help, leaving me here by myself.  Lately I've found it hard to be alone. I mean, usually I have Sam and when he's not around I would stay with Bobby. The first week after he was taken was rough. I was really lost.

I still kind of am, and when there is no one around my thoughts turn dark. Thoughts of losing Sammy, or finding him dead. What if I find him but I'm to late? I would never forgive myself. I don't know what I'd do. I have to believe I'll find him.

I have to. I will.

After another hour of searching the web, I still have nothing more than I had this morning and I'm feeling even more hopeless. I flop onto my bed and turn on some AC/DC, slipping my head phones on. I close my eyes and lose my self in the music.

I slip into a half conscious state, somewhere between sleep and the waking world. I float there for a while, the volume of the music bleeding into my skull. I must fall asleep between songs, because I jump a foot in the air as the next track begins with a wild drum solo.

I sigh. Cas still isn't back and It's almost 2 am. I grab a beer and sit sown at the table. Sipping until It's nearly empty. I usually don't start to feel something until after my fifth, but I am feeling it now. I must be tired.

I let out a huge yawn, followed by a burp. I miss Sammy sooo much. I am so stupid for leaving him. I should have protected him from those sons of bitches punk ass demons. Why isn't Cas back? If he leaves me then I'll be alone again. I don't want to be alone again. I miss Cas....

I lay my head on the table, and heave another sigh. I haven't gotten any farther with this case. What would Sam do? Probably pray. It kind of helped last time, I think. Who would it hurt to try again.

I kneel down beside my bed and hold my hands to my forehead.

"Here goes. So um, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Dean Winchester. I prayed to you before, and I think that had something to do with the sighting here, so thanks? Anyway, my brother is still missing and I don't normally do this, but I think I need help finding him. I could use some help on this one."

I open one eye and look around. Just because. I must have expected something to happen immediately, because when I see nothing has changed something inside me breaks. I sit on the floor as a tear rolls down my cheek. One turns into two, two turns into four, then I start sobbing.

I cry for my brother and I cry for me, as selfish as that sounds. I've lost so many people, Dad, mom, Adam. I even feel responsible for Jessica. I don't know if I can cope with losing the last person close to me.

I am so distraught I don't notice when Castiel comes in. I am only aware of his presence  when he lays a hand on my shoulder. I jump, quickly wiping away my tears, choking back the sobs that rise in my throat.

"Hey Cas. You find anything?" My voice breaks at the end of my question.

"Are you okay?" He asks, ignoring what I said. 

"Yeah. Peachy." I turn away but he grabs my wrist, stopping me.

"Oh really? Because the last time I checked being okay isn't sitting on the floor crying."

I try to blink the tears from my eyes, but instead they continue fall. And don't stop.

"Dean..."

"Sorry Cas. I'm sorry." I desperately swipe the tears from my eyes.

"Don't apologize. Don't ever apologize for being sad, okay?" He tilts my head up to look at him. "Okay?"

"Okay." I choke out.

Instead of leaving like I expected him to, Cas wraps his arms around me. Normally I would be embarrassed for crying in front of someone else, but the beer must have been really strong because I'm just sad. I hunch over, body heaving. 

He pulls me into him and I grab the collar of his trench coat, hiding my face in his shoulder. His hands smooth through my hair in comfort as his shirt grows damp from my tears. I don't know how long we stand in the middle of the room, his arms holding me up while I cry. Probably a longer then it seems.

His hands move in soothing circles on my back as I clutch him tighter. After a while the scent of honey radiating off his skin calms me, and I feel exhausted and broken down. I sag into his chest, still fighting off the urge to sleep. Together we sink down to the floor. Cas kneels on the carpet so I'm on his lap, still clutching him close.

"You can sleep. It's okay." He whispers in my ear. His breath tickles my neck and I shiver. My tears stop falling and let myself go limp in his arms.

I am exhausted from my crying and from the lack of sleep over the last week catches up to me. I hear his voice drifting farther and farther away, still speaking words of comfort. The last thing I remember is being set on my bed, a blanket tugged up to my chest and two lips pressing against my forehead, mumbling against my skin.

"Good night, Dean. Sleep well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 1.1K 18
(Book Three Out Now!) Story Information: This book as you can probably tell is a fan fiction/ characterXreader. Additional information is at the end...
97.9K 4K 32
It was an ordinary night of studying when you get a call from your friend. She had met two devilishly handsome men at the bar and wanted you to come...
11.8K 698 23
Sam and Dean Winchester. Two of the most feared hunters on the planet. Castiel Novak. The most bad-assiest angel in Heaven. Together their team is c...
172K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...