The Slytherin Royals

By MaxineLane

Kallista Zenia Emrys is born in the world of high society pure bloods. Being one of the last remaining descen... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
The Life of Kala Emrys
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Voldemort's Last Memory
71
72
73
74
75
76
Scorpius and Sierra
The Ice Queen
The Scorpion King
-1
The Malfoy Family
That One Girl Blaise Zabini Loved
Flint's Special Puff
The Restricted Section
Sierra's Dirty Little Secret
The Slytherin Darling
Darling 1

58

123K 3.9K 6K
By MaxineLane

In front of my very eyes is a mangled Draco Malfoy drowning in his own pool of blood. I'm lost in a sea of screams and tears as I drop to my knees beside my fiancé.

He was bleeding in so many places my eyes and feelings couldn't possibly keep up. Draco's entire chest alone had about five or six deep gashes. He was shaking uncontrollably on the floor and I sob trying to push the hair out of his face only revealing a long cut on his forehead.

I rip through the bottom of my robes pressing the cloth on his head to try and stop the bleeding.

I vaguely recall casting a patronus to call our godfather. My wolf bounding away through the walls. I cast spell after spell of blood replenishing spells. Fruitlessly, I try and perform healing incantations that I'm not familiar with but heard Draco talk about. The slices on his chest refused to heal.

It was always Draco who knew how to heal. All I knew was destruction.

"Draco!" I wail in terror at the thought I might lose him because of my incompetence.

"My-My love," He starts but only chokes on his own blood spluttering it out.

My hands were literally shaking and my blurry vision from the amount of tears that were spilling out of my eyes weren't helping. Suddenly, my godfather kneels before us.

"Who did this?!" He demands snarling. Severus already has his wand out and was starting to mumble incantations I've never heard of before.

Greg and Vince -who I completely forgot about- throws beaten looking Weasley to the floor. One of them have snapped his wand in two and they throw it at Weasley's feet. They looked absolutely terrifying looming over Weasley.

"We must take him to the Hospital Wing at once." Severus motions for my two friends to carry Draco. I feel my knees weaken at the sight of them lifting my fiancé who's gone limp.

The walk from that bathroom to the Hospital Wing was a long one. I'm caught between staying beside Draco and storming off to kill Weasley. All I could think about was if I didn't look for Draco at dinner, he could have been killed tonight.

The very thought chills me to my core.

We arrive at the Hospital Wing and urgently Madam Pomfrey rushes to our side at the sight of Draco. He was paper white almost lifeless. "Merlin! What happened, Severus?"

"Weasley." My Godfather sneers ushering my two friends to put Draco down on the bed.

I watch in horror as the two adults try and close Draco's persistent wounds. It was a nightmare and all I had were Greg and Vince's hands clutching tightly with mine.

"I want him dead." I whisper to my two friends who look down at me.

Greg nods patting my back. "It can be arranged."

"We've poisoned him once. We can easily do it again. This time we'll make sure it works." Vince comments squeezing my hand.

"You will do no such thing." Professor Snape reprimands standing in front of us. "Finish your mission first."

"Weasley almost killed Draco!" Greg angrily argues back.

Severus sighs like he was tired of dealing with cretins. "I'm aware, Mister Goyle. Need I remind you, you are running out of time."

"We must finish the cabinet. I'll haunt down Weasley myself after." I say pulling my hands away from my two friends and walk up to stand beside Draco.

He was still as white as his sheets. I lean down placing a kiss on Draco's forehead and it takes everything in me not to cry.

I had to finish the cabinet. I had to.

-

An entire week, Draco was out of commission. He lost a massive amount of blood and Madam Pomfrey had him out cold to spare him of the pain.

I devoted all my time between fixing the cabinet and sitting beside Draco reading him books even when I know he couldn't hear me. I was so close with the vanishing cabinet I could almost taste the success.

"Kally?" I turn surprised at the sound of someone calling my name.

It's been such a long tiring week, I almost never saw anyone anymore. It was Potter. I swear this boy is driving me absolutely mad.

"How is he?" He asks awkwardly standing there with his hands behind his back.

"Better." My voice is hoarse and I cringe away from my own weak voice.

Potter nods pulling a chair and sitting a safe distance away. "What's next?"

"Pardon?"

"What's about to happen next? I know it's only about time for Voldemort to make his move after everything the Ministry and Dumbledore has done to your families."

I shake my head feeling incredibly tired and sleepy to have this conversation. "Dumbledore will die."

The shock was evident in Potter's face but I could tell he was trying to pull it together.

"He's dying anyway. Have you seen his hand? Dumbledore's been cursed by his own stupidity if you must know."

I see Potter swallow looking out the window. "Is this really happening?"

"Yes, Potter. We let this happen and we fight back in secret."

"What will that achieve? This is cowardice."

"It's called cunning and manipulation."

Potter sighs looking absolutely wretched. "Tell me, Kally, are you on his side?"

"I'm on no one's side. If anything, I'm on my side."

There was a long pause. "I will play my part."

"As you should, Potter."

Potter stands up from his seat looking uncomfortable. "Do you know about the Horcruxes?"

"I know little." I say honestly giving Potter all my attention.

"It's what they think kept him alive. Do you know how Horcruxes are made?"

I close my eyes remembering my grandfather's book. "Yeah." I open my eyes in horror then at the realization. "Potter, do you think, you're a horcrux? Is that why you're Dumbledore's favorite? He keeps you close so he can kill you in the end?"

-

The day Draco wakes is the day I finally fix the vanishing cabinet. I wrap Draco in a hug careful not to hurt him and reopen his wounds.

"I've missed you so much." I whisper my tears threatening to fall. I haven't slept for weeks because my nightmares usually involved Draco drowning in his own blood. "I was so scared."

Draco traces soothing circles on my back and kisses my forehead. "I've missed you more. I'm sorry, love. I should have been more careful. I didn't mean to scare you."

"You're here now."

"I am and I'm never leaving your side. For my own protection, of course." He says teasingly breathing in the smell of my hair.

We laugh pulling away from each other. "It's done, Draco. It's fixed."

The relief that goes through him is obvious and he smiles. "Tonight then?"

"Yes, tonight."

I don't tell Draco that I poured liquid luck I won from Professor Slughorn down his morning goblet. He would not be hurt again.

-

Author's Note: Thank you so so much for all your support we've reached 100k reads today!!!! To thank all of you, I'll be posting an additional chapter in a few hours ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 925 39
Annabelle Avery thought she was just your ordinary witch, studying at Beauxbaton's... But when she is transferred to Hogwarts, her world as she new i...
1K 82 48
Stephanie Elizabeth Vega, a part of the most well-known and wealthy family in the wizarding world, part of the Sacred -Twenty-eight purebloods. Every...
30.4K 505 23
Katherine Potter is the twin of the boy who lived. No one knows about her, and the power she holds,and she doesn't realize that she is destined for n...
296 10 17
soul tied, interlinked. • a Draco Malfoy story 😉 sophie bloodshot, a slytherin that comes from one of the wealthiest pureblood families out there...