It Just Happened || YeonBin

By Chiminikki

They never thought one drunk night would end to something like this. More

ยซ Introduction ยป
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33??
33
34
35
36
37
37 PART 2
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
54 PART 2
55 (END)
Epilogue
* Bonus Chapter *
* Bonus Chapter 2*
* Bonus Chapter 3 *

23

27.5K 1.6K 2.3K
By Chiminikki

It is a Sunday morning and Yeonjun doesn't want to get out of bed but he doesn't want to die out of hunger either. With a heavy heart, he sat up and let go of his very much comfortable mattress and groan. He contemplates for a little while if exerting energy to climb down the stairs to eat would be worth it but his mind doesn't fail to scold him for doubting the worth of food.

Finally resolving his issue, Yeonjun got his phone and left his room without even bothering to fix his bed because it's bound to get messy again anyway so what's the point?

With that very well thought philosophy, the brown haired male reached the kitchen at last and found Soobin at the dining area, lazily eating whatever it is on his bowl.

Yeonjun entered the kitchen aisle, looking around for something to eat when Soobin raised his head up and spotted him. They just stared at each other with a poker face for a few seconds until Soobin invited him over.

“Do you want some?”

Yeonjun blinked at that unexpected question but walked over nonetheless, “sure.”

He sat down across the raven haired boy and was actually looking forward to what Soobin prepared for breakfast but it was quickly replaced with disappointment and that look you make when you want to say "are you kidding me?" without actually saying it.

“Cereals? Really?”

Soobin just looked at him with uninterested eyes and continued eating. “If you don't want it, don't eat it. Simple.”

The unamused elder clicked his tongue at him but proceeded to pour cereals on his bowl, anyway.

“At least give me some milk.”

The two ate in silence. Oddly enough, they managed to do something together without bickering or throwing subtle insults to one another. They're just there, sitting and eating like the civilized people they are. And to their surprise, the silence isn't really awkward. In fact, it is an okay kind of silence appreciated by them both. Maybe it's because they're starting to get used with the other's presence. And it's nice to not always be arguing. They both need a break.

It stayed quiet for a little while until Soobin's phone decided to ruin it. He picked it up without any sign of care and played with the now soggy cereals left on his bowl. Yeonjun gazed at him for a second then went back to his cereal, ignoring him.

“Yeah?” Soobin said, his tone void of any interest. “Oh, okay.”

“No, it's fine. It favours me actually.”
“Uh-huh.”
“Sure.”
“Alright.”
“Yeah, bye.”

He then put his phone down together with the spoon and rested his face on his palm with his elbow propped on the table.

“Wow. That was a really cheerful conversation.” Yeonjun just had to point it out. He can't control his sarcasm even if he tries, okay? Don't blame him.

“I know. Was feeling enthusiastic today.”

Soobin retorted back, standing up to place his bowl and glass on the sink but was stopped when Yeonjun let out a giggle. He raised a questioning eyebrow at the elder but frowned when he giggled even more.

“What's so funny?”

He didn't realized he said that out loud until he heard Yeonjun speaking.

“Nothing– it's just– you always does that.” Yeonjun tried to explain in between laughter and pointed at the confused male's face.

“Does what?” Soobin placed his bowl and glass down on the sink and washed his hands.

“That!” Yeonjun stood up too while holding his bowl and walked into where Soobin is.

He also placed his bowl down on the sink then faced Soobin who has his eyebrows raised once again. Trying to suppress his giggles, Yeonjun impulsively squished Soobin's cheeks together which caught the male off guard. Kinda like a deer caught in a headlight. He stayed rooted on his place, letting the other violate his cheeks who has a silly grin on his lips, by the way.

Soobin did not dare move, he isn't even sure if he's still breathing. He was too startled to do so and the fact that it is Yeonjun doing it makes it even more surprising to him. Sure, the older had always been unpredictable but what the frickity frick? Does he really have to mush Soobin's face like a dough?

“Stop raising your eyebrow. It makes me wanna squish you.” Yeonjun said seriously, looking straight into Soobin's eyes.

But did he really mean to say it out loud?

No, not really.

So when Yeonjun finally comprehends his impulsive actions and saw a statue-like Soobin, his eyes widened like saucers Soobin thought they were gonna fall out. He hurriedly removed his hands and averted the latter's gaze, too embarrassed to realize that Soobin was still petrified to even spare him a glance.

Yeonjun felt the heat rising up to his cheeks and hastily bowed, apologizing repeatedly and bolted out of the kitchen faster than you when you saw a spider chilling in the bathroom.

On the other hand, Soobin finally got out of his state and blinked repeatedly, still tryna process what the fuck just happened. He cleared his throat awkwardly, composing himself before leaving the kitchen too as if nothing occured. Although his unusually fast-beating heart would like to remind him of the scenario that took place not even 5 minutes ago.

___

Yeonjun had no idea what kind of element or force controlled him to do that to the giant bunny. He just finds it funny and amusing each time the other raises one of his brow. It was the first trait he noticed from the younger actually, he just loves to raise his brow in a judging/questioning manner a lot and Yeonjun couldn't restrain himself anymore to press the bunny's cheeks.

Yeah, okay, he did thought of doing that as dozen of times but he didn't expect his body to move on its own and actually do that! How is he supposed to look at Soobin now?

Argh! He really embarrassed himself big time. They aren't even friends! They're just basically two people who were forced to live together.

And married.

Ah, fuck this! Yeonjun wants to disappear already. The guy must've think of him weirdly now and view him as a creep.

The frustrated male decided to leave his room for a bit and stroll around the house to shake his mind off it. It's big enough anyway, so maybe he wouldn't bump into Soobin? And if he does, he could always turn the other way and probably hide himself inside the nearest closet.

He was casually walking in the corridor upstairs when his attention was caught by a grand piano. It's standing alone in the den, near the glass wall and Yeonjun wondered why he didn't notice it there before or maybe he did but he wasn't paying that much attention.

Oh well, what's important now is that he'll have something to focus on.

He walked towards it and traced his fingers along the black cover. It felt smooth and clean under his touch, sending excitement down his spine that he cheerfully sat down on the chair in front of it and removed the cover, instantly displaying the familiar black and white keys. Yeonjun smiled to himself when his fingers ghosted over the piano keys, his mind trying to recall the chord of this song he really likes.

Influenced of his Taehyung hyung, the song was sung by the group "Bangtan Seonyeondumb" titled, The Told Lie. (Love you if you get it instantly)

However, his mind seems to really love torturing him since instead of the song's chords, it displayed the image of him squishing Soobin's face like it was nobody else's business. He groaned and accidentally hit the keys, sending an unpleasant noise to resonate throughout the floor.

Startling himself, he raised his hands away from the piano and turned his head away from it, only to be surprised and pressed the keys once again when he spotted Soobin standing there with a book in hand and is scowling at him from a great distance.

The said boy then grimaced when the piano screeched yet again; credits to your one and only, Choi Yeonjun.

“Are you planning to turn us deaf?” Soobin grunted, closing his book.

“You startled me!” Yeonjun pouted. He still isn't able to look at Soobin properly because of, well, embarrassment.

The latter rolled his eyes and walked over. He placed himself beside the piano and lazily rested his elbow and book on the piano's top. Yeonjun tried hard to avoid his gaze.

What does this guy think he's doing? Does he enjoy making things awkward and humiliating for Yeonjun? Is he a sadist of some sort?

The elder was about to stand up and walk away when Soobin speaks.

“Play.”

“Huh?”

“Play.”

Soobin waited for a good minute and rolled his eyes when he realized Yeonjun isn't going to do anything. “You were going to play something, right? Go ahead. Don't mind me.”

Okay, here's the thing— Yeonjun knows zero shit about this instrument. He tried to learn it, he really did but it wasn't cooperating well with him. He knows a few chords, yeah. But when he tries to play a piece it sounds like a kid is messing with the keys.

Soobin anticipated his next move but he just sat there, looking like he has this huge dilemma going on is his mind. Having enough of waiting for something that won't happen, Soobin took it upon himself and positioned himself behind the chair where Yeonjun is seated.

He crouched down a little and placed his arms on either side of the shocked male, his head right beside Yeonjun's. The brunette swears he could feel Soobin's breath on his ear and neck.

And what the fuck is this? Is Soobin trying to kill him?

Oh my god what is he doing? Is this an attempt to kill me? Is this a revenge or something? Isn't it a rule violation? It is a potential damage to my well being! What the fuck?

You could've said you don't know how to play.”

This guy right here doesn't know what personal space is. It's confirmed by Yeonjun himself. And did he seriously just talked right in his ear? What is this shit?

Yeonjun could barely even breathe because of how flustered and surprised he is but this giant still has the capability to talk? With this close proximity?

Goodness gracious, let the earth swallow Yeonjun now, please.

His panicking thoughts were then cut off when Soobin graciously danced his fingers across the keys. It even managed to make Yeonjun forget about their position which means it's really that captivating. Soobin does it with ease and makes it look so simple. Yeonjun is actually offended he can't do it like him.

The song playing is quite familiar to him though, like he heard it somewhere else before but he can't remember when and where. Just then the soft tune stops and Yeonjun was brought back to reality. Especially when he moved his head to his right and was greeted by Soobin's side profile. His cheek and jawline on full display. Yeonjun felt himself heating up and instinctively pushed Soobin off of him.

The raven haired was not expecting that so he couldn't balanced himself and ended up tripping backwards.

“Oh no!” Yeonjun blurted out when Soobin fell down in the floor. He got up to help him but Soobin is already back on his feet and is now glaring at him. “Really?”

“I'm sorry!” yelled Yeonjun. “It was because you were–” he averted his gaze, “y-you we-were too close.”

And that seems to smack some sense into Soobin as he recalled what he just did.

“Oh,”he gulped. He forced himself to cool down and refuse to feel his cheeks heating up.“I-I didn't realize.”

“It's fine. It was– was done, anyway.... Uh...”

“Yeah.... Uhm.....”

If their current situation doesn't scream awkward then I don't know what does. The two of them, at both edges of the piano, avoiding each other's eyes and finding anything more interesting.

“Oh... Uh... It's... uh... kinda late to... uhm... cook lunch. Do you... uh... wanna you know? Uhm.... order take outs?”

Curse himself for struggling to talk. Yeonjun is practically dying now.

Not like Soobin is any better.

“Sure.... uhm.... Let's uh... call deli- delivery.”

“Right.”

“Yeah, right.”

And off to the living room they go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1.1K 30
They both knew they shouldn't but during their countless drunken nights it was evident they weren't going to leave one another alone.
131K 4.4K 38
"๐ƒ๐Ž๐๐“ ๐–๐€๐๐๐€ ๐๐„ ๐‹๐Ž๐๐„๐‹๐˜ , ๐‰๐”๐’๐“ ๐–๐€๐๐๐€ ๐๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘๐’" ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„๐ƒ โœ”๏ธ
346 2 20
when you finally can meet your Idol in a wrong moment.
17.7K 877 39
"I knew that we were meant to meet each other in this life from the moment I saw him. From that day on, my life would never be the same..."