Arranged Marriage | tk

By NimraSajjad

They both hate each other. The rivalry goes on from the times of their school years and they never knew when... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1: Egoistic
Chapter 2: Contract (I)
Chapter 3: Elite
Chapter 4: Puppy
Chapter 5: Melanin
Chapter 6: Hesitant
Chapter 7: Sophisticated
Chapter 8: Rule
Chapter 9: Unspoken
Chapter 10: Daring
Chapter 11: Circles
Chapter 12: Pillowy
Shittttt
Chapter 13: Distraction
Chapter 14: Reflection
Chapter 15: Illusion
Chapter 16: Courtesy
Chapter 17: Shopping
Chapter 18: Photoshoot
Chapter 19: Dense
Chapter 20: Singapore
Chapter 21: Beloved
Chapter 22: Siren
Chapter 23: Confetti
Chapter 24: Spades
Chapter 25: Etiquette
Chapter 26: Stealth
Chapter 27: Magic
Chapter 28: Delight
Chapter 29: Issue
Chapter 30: Violet
Chapter 31: Paper
Chapter 32: Archetype
Chapter 33: Au Revoir
Chapter 34: OD'd
Chapter 35: Zero
Chapter 37: Unravel
Chapter 38: Heartbeat
Chapter 39: Dazzling
Chapter 40: Lover
《Thank You》End
New Book

Chapter 36: Contract (II)

75.9K 3.6K 6.3K
By NimraSajjad

The pic is so cute and funny uwu
Cred to rightful owner

Sorry for the mistakes plz. Ignore

Third Person POV

Taehyung was sitting on the stool, his breakfast plate on the counter which he's staring at and molesting it with the fork. He hasn't eaten anything for the last day---the funeral day and even after that. He hasn't cried either, his mind is messed up, he's too tired to cry or even say a word.

Seokjin is the same. Namjoon is with him all the time and only difference is that Seokjin cries time to time---a little bit but Taehyung has only cried in Jeongguk's arms in the hospital, not after that.

He's in his home, Jeongguk is there and keeps trying to talk to him, to make him say anything but it's all in vain. He keeps telling him it was not his fault---nothing was his fault and Taehyung is ofcourse listening to his words but he doesn't reply him.

If his mind does focus on something, it's the conversation he had with Jeongguk months ago---about Minjae and Jeongguk's friend. How can he not blame himself when he was supposed to save him---he with him and never leave him alone.

His own life wasn't much busy yet he didn't have time for his own bestfriend. He couldn't be with him like last time, wasn't glued to him---didn't look after him, didn't check what medication he was on on what he was putting in his body, didn't stay thr nights in his house like the last time.

Last time wasn't much extreme yet Taehyung's care was too much and this time, the suffering was alot and Taehyung's care was less.

No, not if he's given a reason to keep using them. Not if he's stopped. Not if you stay with him and give him a strong reason to stay and not do what he's doing.

Taehyung remembers Jeongguk's word clearly but he couldn't do it. He couldn't give Minjae any reason to not use drugs, he couldn't stop him. He couldn't stay with him or give him a strong reason to stay.

Taehyung failed to do everything that he was meant to do to keep his bestfriend.

Just stay by his side and never make him feel alone.

Taehyung couldn't and now thinking about it hurts him because his friend is gone and there's nothing Taehyung can do to bring him back. Even his cries won't matter because they can't bring him back either.

He's just left with the memories.

No Taehyung feels like he's losing everything---maybe it's because he's pushing Jeongguk away---he's losing everything because Jeongguk is---his everything.

Taehyung gets frustrated on himself, he hits the fork on the plate rather harshly, deshapes the food in it. The clanking makes loud and low noise, makes Jeongguk look at him from where he's sitting on the couch.

He has seen Taehyung the most vulnerable in these two days. He thought he'd never see him like that, the jolly and joyful person can't look so broken yet he was proven wrong. No matter what type of a person you are, you're always broken somewhere---somehow.

The ravenette gets up and walks towards Taehyung who still doesn't stop and releases his anger on fork and food. Jeongguk watches him for a second and then softly grabs Taehyung's wrist to stop him, the model jerks away from his hold and continues doing what he was doing.

"Tae---". Jeongguk softly says but the frown on Taehyung's face deepens and he gritts his teeth. Jeongguk places a hand on Taehyung's shoulder, makes the other stop the movement of the fork for a brief second.

"Tae, please stop." Jeongguk utters but the other doesn't listen. He's not liking that Jeongguk's distracting him from whatever he's doing---no matter how stupid.

"That's enough Taehyung." The ravenette says and holds Taehyung's wrists firmly and the action makes Taehyung growl lowly in frustration and he jerks his hand towards Jeongguk's chest, the fork in his hand and fortunately the ravenette manages to stop the attack and the metal fork stops just a little far from his chest.

Both of them stay still. Taehyung's ways widen when he realizes what he was about to do in his insanity. He stares at the fork in horror, the way his own hand is holding it close to Jeongguk's chest and then looks at Jeongguk's fingers curled around his wrist. The model drops the fork as if it burnt him.

"Oh my God---Jeongguk---I'm so sorry." Taehyung utters as Jeongguk let's go of his wrist. The model places both his palms on Jeongguk's chest as if looking for a wound.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to---". Taehyung presses his hands on Jeongguk's shoulders, cups his face and then hands fall on his chest again, eyes try to find any injury he has caused.

He was going to hurt the person he loves the most.

"Oh Jeongguk---". Taehyung utters in a broken voice and Jeongguk holds his hands.

"It's okay. Don't apologize." Jeongguk says and Taehyung shakes his head.

"I swear I didn't want to do it. It---it just happened and if you hadn't stopped me---". Taehyung doesn't want to even think about it.

"Hey, it's okay. Nothing happened." Jeongguk says. Taehyung would never have forgiven himself if he had hurt Jeongguk.

"I'm sorry." Taehyung whispers as his voice gives up. The model lowers his head and rests his forehead on Jeongguk's shoulder. The CEO holds him softly, not much because he still doesn't want to make Taehyung uncomfortable.

"Don't be." Jeongguk whispers. Taehyung closes his eyes as he evens his breathing, take in Jeongguk's scent that always calms him down. Although Jeongguk's hold on him is soft yet it provides him the security he ways wanted. Taehyung doesn't want to be deprived of that.

He wants it forever.

There are a million things we want but can't keep. Taehyung never wanted Jeongguk to fall on the second category. He wants to keep him. Forever.

"Do you want to go out for a while?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung shakes his head. He wants to spend as much time as he can in his home that he'll be missing too much.

"Okay, let's just sit down. I'll make you breakfast." Jeongguk says and Taehyung simply nods. Jeongguk is glad that Taehyung wants to stay here even though an outing would be helpful.

----------------------------

Jeongguk goes to office next day even though he doesn't want to all. He's been with Taehyung these two days and even though Taehyung hasn't talked to him much and has only stayed in his room, atleast he's there and atleast it feels like home.

The ravenette didn't go to office the previous three days and today he goes home way early. It's almost five when he reaches home, doesn't know why he's in a bit of a good mood. He goes to Taehyung's room and knocks on the door.

The ravenette hears a hum and opens the door, only to be met with a sight that breaks his broken heart more.

Taehyung's packing.

"Are---you going somewhere?" Jeongguk immediately asks.

"Yeah. I have to go to Seojoon hyung's film premiere. It's in a week." The model answers and Jeongguk steps inside the room.

"Where is it happening?" Jeongguk asks.

"Songpa." Taehyung answers.

"That's not far. I can take you there if you want." Jeongguk says and Taehyung still hasn't looked at him.

"I'm going with Amber since she's invited too. Thanks for the offer but I don't want to bother you." Taehyung keeps folding the clothes.

"That's no problem. Uh, are you staying there for sometime?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung finally turns around.

"I actually took your advice. You said I should go on an outing for a few days so after the premiere, I'm going to Jeju Island." Taehyung says and Jeongguk hears his heart shatter again.

"Don't worry, I'll be in your office on that day." Taehyung says with a heavy emotion and smiles sadly.

"I thought you'd stay here." Jeongguk utters.

"I don't think so. It's Minjae who made me stay here or else I was gone from here. Don't you remember." Taehyung says and Jeongguk pokes his inner cheek.

"Why are you doing this?" Jeongguk asks. He's losing patience.

"Doing what?" Taehyung asks as he turns around after zipping up his bag.

"Leaving. You know you can stay here as long as you want. Let me take you wherever you want to go." Jeongguk says.

"It's barely a month left Jeongguk. You should be grateful that I'm giving---both of us time to make ourselves get used to how we were before all this." Taehyung says and Jeongguk steps closer to him.

"I don't need you to be so fucking kind okay. You're leaving as if you're a stranger to me. You're acting like what we had doesn't matter at all." Jeongguk says and Taehyung raises an eyebrow.

"What we had was a physical attraction Jeongguk---you agreed to it  and so did I. Now it's time to stop." Taehyung utters and Jeongguk grabs him from his arms.

"You've been so cold and unforgiving towards me. If it all didn't matter than why are you acting so different?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung pushes him away.

"I am making myself get used to live alone. We're probably not gonna see eachother again---".

"You don't decide that. You can't be so sure." Jeongguk utters.

"Look, Jeongguk I don't understand why you're being so---I don't know---serious regarding this. This was supposed to come to an end. You are the one who came up with the idea of the contract. You wanted all of this for a year. No be happy that it's ending." Taehyung says, voice softens yet heart hurts.

"You can finally be with the person you love." Taehyung says. The model turns around to grab his bag when Jeongguk stays quiet.

"I know what you're going through Taehyung. I've been through this too, exactly the same shit. I can understand you and I want you to trust me. I don't want you to leave just like that and pretend like nothing happened." Jeongguk says and the sadness in his eyes makes Taehyung tear up.

"There is nothing left to talk Jeongguk. I want you to know that I trust you okay." Taehyung utters and the next moment, he's being spun around and faces Jeongguk.

"Why do you want me to stay huh?" Taehyung asks.

"Because---". The ravenette immediately stops and Taehyung scoffs.

"If you trust me then tell me---".

"Can you just stop it already Jeongguk? Why not just let everything go on the way it is." Taehyung utters and now, Jeongguk is tired of giving himself last chances.

If Taehyung doesn't want to stay, Jeongguk can't force him.

"Fine! I'll see you in the meeting room after a month." Jeongguk says, voice cold and tone bitter as he let's go Taehyung's arm rather harshly.

Taehyung doesn't reply, just looks at Jeongguk for a second and then grabs his bag, leaves.

The ravenette falls on his knees as he fists his hair in his hand, tears fall from  his eyes and he wants to scream because it hurts.

The model cries as he sits in his car, hits the steering wheel repeatedly yet the pain in his hand isn't equal to the one in his heart or the pain he gave Jeongguk.

-------------------------------

Taehyung doesn't know why Yeonjun and Soobin are here or even Seokjin or Jeongguk's mother. He's thinking about all this because he doesn't want to think about what's going to happen in the next few minutes.

The month passes in a blur. Taehyung stays hidden in Jeju Island after the premiere because he didn't need any vacation, he just needed Jeongguk and he still does.

They are all on the Jeon Inc. The place where it all started is right infront of Taehyung just a door separating him.

"You'll regret it." That's what Seokjin says in the end after he fails to make Taehyung not sign the paper.

"Please don't do this Taetae hyung. Please." Yeonjun pleads but his plea goes to vain.

"Are you really doing this?" Soobin softly asks his brother who nods just slightly.

"I'm sorry sweetie." Jihyun says and Jeongguk just smiles sadly at her.

"It's not your fault mom."

Now the two finally enter the meeting room along with Yoongi and their fathers. The two of them haven't even glanced at eachother once.

"We'll leave you two be." Hyungsik says and walks out of the room followed by Sungjae and Yoongi.

The contract paper is on the table---the pen next to it. There are three blanks to be filled. One is for the lawyer's signature and the other two for Taehyung and Jeongguk.

"Please do the honors." Jeongguk gestures towards the contract as he stands against the table a little far from Taehyung.

They both are scared, hurt, sad and even angry. Taehyung's hands are shaking when he grabs the pen. Jeongguk watches as the tip on the pen reaches the paper, his heart screams at him to grab the papers and tear them but it's not what Taehyung would want.

"Hurry up, I have somewhere to be." Jeongguk says and Taehyung looks at him with a glare. Taehyung's hand can't seem to move. The pen doesn't move on the blank.

"Can you hurry---".

"Can you shut up?" Taehyung says before Jeongguk can complete his sentence.

If Taehyung signs, then it'll be upto Jeongguk completely. If he signs too, the contract officially ends.

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk and the ravenette holds his gaze.

"Don't look at me. Sign the paper. Isn't it what you were so fucking excited about?" Jeongguk says and Taehyung wants to disappear from here.

Please don't sign it. Please Taehyung.

"Fucking hurry up!" Jeongguk says again and Taehyung doesn't know if he should cry or be angry at Jeongguk.

He wants to get rid of me. I should hurry up.

Taehyung takes a deep breath, blinks away his tears and signs the paper. The model feels himself soulless, numb.

Jeongguk closes his eyes, stops the tears. His knuckles turn white as he holds the table.

Taehyung let's go of the pen and steps away, keeps looking at his sign with emotionless eyes.

He just ruined his own life.

Jeongguk takes the pen in his hand---looks at Taehyung's signature on the paper and his heart aches more and more.

The moment the tip on the pen touches the paper, Taehyung's body moves, he grabs the paper away from the table, causing a line to be drawn across it. Jeongguk looks at Taehyung in surprise.

"What---".

"Please don't sign it." Taehyung doesn't hide his tears now. Jeongguk feels like he's dreaming.

"Give that back Taehyung." Jeongguk says, he wants to hear it again.

"No! No, please Jeongguk. I beg you. I'm sorry for everything but please don't sign it. I didn't want to either---I swear. Please." Taehyung rambles, begs and he'll keep pleading if he have to.

Jeongguk takes a step forward towards Taehyung.

"I don't want to end this. Just hear me out. I---I know you love someone else and you---".

"Why do you not want me to sign it?" Jeongguk interrupts him.

"I---because---". Taehyung can't seem to speak even though he wants to because Jeongguk is so close to him.

"Why Taehyung? Why shouldn't I sign it?"

"It's because I love you! I love you and I---I don't want to be away from you and I want you to stay with me forever---I know you don't want to---". Taehyung keeps saying and Jeongguk looks at him with surprise.

"I know you don't love me but I do. I'm in love with you and I won't be able to take it if you sign this and leave me." Taehyung cries and Jeongguk feels like he's been born again, happy and full of love.

"You have all the right to---".

"I love you Taehyung. I love you." These words make Taehyung stop, teary eyes widen as he looks at Jeongguk.

"What---".

"I'm in love with you---Jeon Taehyung." Jeongguk smiles softly.

The next thing he receives is a hit in his chest, then another and another. Taehyung slaps him softly to, keeps hitting him and suddenly he's kissing him, cupping his face and prepping kisses on Jeongguk's lips, eyes, nose, forehead and all over his face.

The ravenette let's his own tears fall as they both rest their foreheads together.

"I love you." They both whisper at the same time and then Jeongguk holds Taehyung by his waist and hugs him tightly, the model's feet dangle a bit above the ground and they both cry in happiness in eachother's arms.

Taehyung hides his face in Jeongguk's neck and Jeongguk does it too, gives a soft peck on Taehyung's temple.

They look at eachother's eyes, an emotion of genuine happiness in them, smile soft on their lips---the shine and glitter in their eyes return as the room where it all started with pure hatred---now witnesses the beginning of their unconditional love.

---------------------------

^live in me for a night.
Make me blossom and beautify my soul.
What's done is done---please make the rest of my life beautiful.

-------------------------

Hello beautiful people. How are you guys

Hope you liked this chap. Finally these two idiots confessed. Lol

Vote share and comment

Have a good day and peaceful night.
Bye...
خداحافظ۔۔۔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 206 12
You are Y/N, the one and only Lighting Fury. Your main goal in life? Protect your flock, no matter what. You and your family lived peacefully for a w...
43.5K 364 8
One shots featuring one of my many OTP's! . . . . . . Rowan x Aelin . . . . . Me 3 Years Later: Man this is super cringy lol, but I'll leave it.
31.8K 849 26
❝ 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲, 𝐚 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐰𝐞...
22.6M 684K 33
Revision of "The Millionaire's Mistress"! A selective mute woman works as a live-in maid for a troubled real estate mogul and discovers the thin line...