Fake Marriage

By narminia

When 18 year old, Aria Joyce Hemmings is walking home one Friday night. She is suddenly drugged and captured... More

Fake Marriage
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Im Back

Chapter 4

8.2K 280 6
By narminia

I moved the curtain just an inch, revealing the beautiful scene ahead. I looked down to see many cars parked in the driveway. Many ladies were escorted by men with fine mustaches. Each of them carrying either a gift, or a card. I saw small children in the grass playing with rocks and dirt. Obviously, this place wasn't very child-friendly.
I could hear loud voices, laughs, and glasses clinking together downstairs. But I remained by the window. I glanced around the room before my eyes settled on notecards sitting on the coffee table. I swiftly walked over, sat on the couch, and picked up the cards.

One read "How We Met: At a New Year's party we were both invited to. Anthony asked Aria to dance, and she kindly accepted. They danced the whole night and instantly fell in love." Another read "Our Future: To keep the Worthington Estate and family business alive and well for as long as we live"

My nose turned up as I read through the rest of the notecards. I finally came to a conclusion.

Anthony was beyond insane.

A knock came about my door. Anthony stepped into the room, holding a small black box.

"I though you may need this" Anthony said handing me the box. I opened the box to reveal a large, 14 karat wedding ring. My mouth immediately sprang open as I slipped the ring on my finger.

"This is beautiful" I gasped, admiring how it looked on my hand.

"I had to get something as beautiful as you" Anthony smiled.

A moment of awkward silence passed. I shuffled my feet below and rubbed my hands together. "Shall we get going? Our guests await" Anthony said taking my hand.
I grabbed it unwillingly then followed him outside of the room. We looked over the railing at the people below. Anthony began smiling, laughing, and waving. I looked uncomfortable and I knew I shouldn't keep it up. I flashed a warm smile and waved to some of the people. Each of their faces brightened as Anthony and I walked down the steps.

Anthony wrapped his hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Benjamin came around with a tray of wine glasses. When Anthony wasn't looking, I quickly scooped a glass up and downed it like it was the last thing I would ever consume. Anthony turned to find my enthusiastic face.

"This is my fiancé, Aria. Honey, this is my Aunt Kristin and her husband Conrad" Anthony smiled, slightly pushing me in front of him.
I gave them both a warm, generous hug and a charming smile. "It's so nice to meet you both" I said.

"It's nice to meet you too! I welcome you to the family with open arms, sweets. If you ever need anything, just call me" Kristin smiled.

A plane ticket taking me far away from here would be just fine.

I returned her warm smile and turned to Anthony. He beamed down at me, and looked back up. He was immediately stunned, causing his jaw to drop six feet. I turned around to see a beautiful girl entering the front door. She had a petite figure which made her floral sun-dress loosely fitted around her small body. With every step she took, the clack of her heels sang through the house. She had ombré styled hair. Brunette at the top, then blonde down the bottom. She was too busy looking down, making sure she wouldn't trip to notice Anthony gazing intently at her. But when she did, she stumbled into a lady with a wine glass. The wine glass tipped over and spilled on her dress. Meanwhile, the glass fell to the ground. A shattering noise echoed through the house.
I tried my hardest not to laugh. Soon, I found it nearly impossible. Quickly raising my palm, I covered my mouth and let very quiet chuckles escape my lips.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so so sorry, ma'am" The girl spoke with a southern accent.

"Next time, watch where you're going" The woman said harshly. With a slight "hmph," the woman walked away.

The girl ran out of the room. Anthony began to follow but grabbed my hand. I was pulled over to a small room with Anthony and the girl. She sat in the corner with her knees held to her chest. Her head was buried in her arms. The faint sound of soft sobs were heard.

I stood awkwardly in the back as Anthony knelt down to her level.

"Izzy? You okay?" Anthony asked.

"No. I'm sorry, Anthony. I always screw everything up!" She cried. Anthony placed a hand in her shoulder.

"You don't screw everything up, Iz. You always make it better" Anthony said. His tone was soft and caring. Something that I had never heard before out of the psychopath.

"Besides, Miss Grungewald is an old hag. I don't even recall putting her on the guest list"

"Thanks Anthony, you always know how to make me feel better" Izzy replied, lifting her head. Their eyes met for a few moments. Nothing but silence sounded the room. They were both intensely staring at each other. I cleared my throat, snapping them both back to reality.

"Oh! Izzy.. This is my fiancé, Aria. Aria, this is my best friend, Isabel" Anthony said, guiding my hand to Isabel's.

"Nice to meet you" I smiled.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you! Anthony talks about you all the time" she replied, giggling. I would've found that flattering if I wasn't kidnapped and forced to marry Anthony. After a few more minutes of awkward silence, Isabel slipped past us and walked out.

"Looks like someone has a crush" I said, playfully hitting him on the arm.

"I don't want to talk about it... Okay?" Anthony harshly responded.

He quickly stormed out of the room, leaving me alone. I followed behind, only to be knocked in the face with a door. Anthony, however, kept walking.

I fell to the floor, causing me to break one of my heels. A swarm of pain came over my back. My first instinct was to cry out in pain. But that would just draw more attention to me.

A chocolate-haired boy with sterling blue eyes came into view above me. He had a worried expression. I could see his mouth moving but I couldn't hear him.

Stop thinking, Aria.

"Are you okay? Oh gosh.. Nice going, Holden. Your first week on the job and you'll already be fired" He sighed.

"I'm fine! I'm fine" I said, getting up.

I stumbled a bit due to the broken heel. I fell right into his arms, against his rock, solid chest.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see-" He began.

"Calm down! It's okay, I promise... Just get me upstairs before anyone sees" I whispered.

I wrapped my hand around his arm as he helped me up the steps. I made sure the clacking of my one heel wouldn't be loud enough to gain attention, but it didn't seem to. Everyone below was too busy mingling, drinking, and eating to even notice the bride-to-be.

I led him to my room, where I threw the heels across the room.

"I hate heels" I huffed, going over to the wardrobe.

He didn't know what to do, I could tell. So he just laughed along.

When I opened the wardrobe, it was empty. "So you kidnap someone and don't even have clothes for them to wear?" I said. I immediately froze. I guess I had forgotten the guy was standing in the doorway, listening to my every word.

"Kidnap?" He responded.

"I didn't say kidnap?" I replied, trying to play it off.

"I'm pretty sure you did" He teased.

"Shut your mouth before I tell my fiancé to fire you. And don't think I'll stop there. I'll personally make sure you never get a job ever again. Do you hear me? I will ruin you" I fiercely said. I was a bit hesitant at how he was going to reply.

He simply nodded in return and walked out of the room. I let out a huge sigh of relief.
That was very close... Too close actually. I couldn't mess this up.

I looked in another dresser and found something that I actually liked. I slipped the horrifying dress off and stepped into sleek, black leggings. I dug around more in the drawer to find a white tank top with a cool design across the front. I admit, it was a bit revealing around my abdomen area, but it was worth it. Although I had no shoes, I still rocked the outfit. I sprang out of the room, only to be knocked back down by a curly-haired woman. Her eyes blazed with anger.

This could not be good, at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 984 58
What happens when 7 crack heads are added to a groupchat by the only 'sane' one? if you are homo please LEAVE! ⚠️T/W⚠️ Language Smut Slurs
54.4M 387K 69
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
656K 106K 73
(يا إيها الناس أتقو الله بالنساء اوصيكم بالنساء خيراً) لم يستوصوا بنا خيراً يا رسول الله لقد كسرو القوارير والافئدة
55.1K 1.5K 41
¨i dont like her, ok?!¨ ¨oh you definitely do¨ lynn loud is the schools best athlete. shes good at everything, basketball, baseball, soccer, you name...