Chapter 7

I opened my eyes to reveal a blurry image standing over me. From what I could see, I wasn't in the kitchen where I had passed out. I was in a small bedroom, instead. My body lay on a stiff, twin bed and my head pounded.

My vision finally cleared to see a familiar, worried face.

Holden.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, Ms. Worthington! I didn't mean to scare you like that" He explained.

I let out a small chuckle. "It's okay! It's not like it was the first time you knocked me down" I jokingly said, remembering the time when Holden knocked me in the head with the door. "And you can call me, Aria"

Holden revealed perfectly white teeth after that sentence.

"Well, Aria, are you alright? You bumped your head pretty hard"

"Yea, Yea. It's fine" I responded, sitting up. A huge sensation of pain surrounded my head as I made the transformation. I didn't let Holden see, however. Instead, I bit my lip as hard as I could. My tastebuds got an unwanted taste of blood. "What were you doing down there anyways?" I asked.

"I heard you and Mr. Worthington talking and-" He began.

"Were you ease dropping?" I laughed.

Holden smiled a sheepish smile before continuing on.

"Then you began to proceed with your James Bond movie scene. So, I sat back and watched you. I accidentally made a noise, which scared you and you began to look for me. When I tried to tell you who I was, you fainted" Holden said.

"You saw the James Bond thing?" I laughed.

"May I say, from what I saw, I believe that you should've gotten that role" He teased.

We both laughed.

"I should be getting back upstairs. Th-Thank you" I said as I got up from the bed.

I felt dizzy and unstable. Luckily, Holden was there to keep me steady. He walked me through the house, all the way to my room. As he laid me down in the bed, he gazed at me longingly.

I even felt myself staring into his beautiful, green eyes. My cheeks began to burn as the corners of his mouth tugged at the corners.

"Goodnight, Holden" I choked out.

Truth was, I didn't want him to leave. But I knew he couldn't stay with me or else Anthony would find out. And who knows what Anthony would do to poor Holden if he saw us together.

"See you in the morning" He responded.

Holden slipped out of the room. I heard his quiet footsteps walk down the stairs. As I settled into the bed, my eyes began to close and thoughts rummaged my mind.

Holden seemed like a really nice guy. Possibly someone who I would like. But we had no chance due to Anthony.

Anthony.

The wedding had to be soon. But, how soon? What would I wear? Who would escort me down the aisle?

All of these questions ran through my mind as I tried to go to sleep. Finally a deep sleep came upon me, and I had no choice but to surrender.

***

The next morning came all too soon. Lights streamed through the shear curtains as my eyelids slowly opened. Oddly enough, my eyes darted to the door to find Anthony gazing at me.

"Do you watch people sleep for fun?" I asked in disgust.

"Listen Aria. This whole thing won't work out unless we get along" He replied, coming into the room and sitting on the side of the bed. I shuffled away from him. He let out a sigh.