Chapter 4

I moved the curtain just an inch, revealing the beautiful scene ahead. I looked down to see many cars parked in the driveway. Many ladies were escorted by men with fine mustaches. Each of them carrying either a gift, or a card. I saw small children in the grass playing with rocks and dirt. Obviously, this place wasn't very child-friendly.
I could hear loud voices, laughs, and glasses clinking together downstairs. But I remained by the window. I glanced around the room before my eyes settled on notecards sitting on the coffee table. I swiftly walked over, sat on the couch, and picked up the cards.

One read "How We Met: At a New Year's party we were both invited to. Anthony asked Aria to dance, and she kindly accepted. They danced the whole night and instantly fell in love." Another read "Our Future: To keep the Worthington Estate and family business alive and well for as long as we live"

My nose turned up as I read through the rest of the notecards. I finally came to a conclusion.

Anthony was beyond insane.

A knock came about my door. Anthony stepped into the room, holding a small black box.

"I though you may need this" Anthony said handing me the box. I opened the box to reveal a large, 14 karat wedding ring. My mouth immediately sprang open as I slipped the ring on my finger.

"This is beautiful" I gasped, admiring how it looked on my hand.

"I had to get something as beautiful as you" Anthony smiled.

A moment of awkward silence passed. I shuffled my feet below and rubbed my hands together. "Shall we get going? Our guests await" Anthony said taking my hand.
I grabbed it unwillingly then followed him outside of the room. We looked over the railing at the people below. Anthony began smiling, laughing, and waving. I looked uncomfortable and I knew I shouldn't keep it up. I flashed a warm smile and waved to some of the people. Each of their faces brightened as Anthony and I walked down the steps.

Anthony wrapped his hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Benjamin came around with a tray of wine glasses. When Anthony wasn't looking, I quickly scooped a glass up and downed it like it was the last thing I would ever consume. Anthony turned to find my enthusiastic face.

"This is my fiancé, Aria. Honey, this is my Aunt Kristin and her husband Conrad" Anthony smiled, slightly pushing me in front of him.
I gave them both a warm, generous hug and a charming smile. "It's so nice to meet you both" I said.

"It's nice to meet you too! I welcome you to the family with open arms, sweets. If you ever need anything, just call me" Kristin smiled.

A plane ticket taking me far away from here would be just fine.

I returned her warm smile and turned to Anthony. He beamed down at me, and looked back up. He was immediately stunned, causing his jaw to drop six feet. I turned around to see a beautiful girl entering the front door. She had a petite figure which made her floral sun-dress loosely fitted around her small body. With every step she took, the clack of her heels sang through the house. She had ombré styled hair. Brunette at the top, then blonde down the bottom. She was too busy looking down, making sure she wouldn't trip to notice Anthony gazing intently at her. But when she did, she stumbled into a lady with a wine glass. The wine glass tipped over and spilled on her dress. Meanwhile, the glass fell to the ground. A shattering noise echoed through the house.
I tried my hardest not to laugh. Soon, I found it nearly impossible. Quickly raising my palm, I covered my mouth and let very quiet chuckles escape my lips.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so so sorry, ma'am" The girl spoke with a southern accent.

"Next time, watch where you're going" The woman said harshly. With a slight "hmph," the woman walked away.