Chapter 2

"Excuse me?" I said, still shocked at his proposal.

"Aria. I understand this all seems crazy but-" Anthony began.

"Crazy? This is more than crazy. This is physco! You're a physco, Anthony!" I screamed, cutting him off.

"Aria! You have no choice. You either marry me, or I'll kill you" he hesitantly said.

I gulped. Long and hard. Kill me? My blood ran cold just thinking about my lifeless body laying on the ground beside a chuckling Anthony. But I couldn't marry him! I was so young. I wasn't in love and certainly wouldn't fall in love with this physco.

"Why do I have to marry you?" I asked.

"In order to gain my inheritance, I must marry someone" He explained.

"Why me? Why couldn't you marry someone else? Or maybe find love on your own?"

"I've been searching day and night for someone to love, but I'm running out of time. Our family is near to being broke. We need the money badly and the only way to get a hold of it is to have a wedding and marry"

My body stiffened a bit as the next statement flew from my mouth.

"I don't have to... give birth right?" I asked.

Anthony chuckled.

"It would be a great bonus, but no that isn't a requirement"

I sighed with relief. But than again, there was no relief. I had to marry some nutjob just so he could get his inheritance. Then what was supposed to happen? After he got his inheritance, what importance would I be to his life? I would be killed. This situation ended in death either way.

"I need something to drink" I replied.

"Benjamin! Please get Mrs. Worthington a glass of water" Anthony yelled.

"With a shot of tequila, will you?" I screamed back.

Anthony gave me a disgusted look. In return, I flashed a sarcastic smile. He could force me into marrying him, but nothing would stand in the way between me and my alcohol.

"Charlotte will be upstairs in a half hour to prepare you for the luncheon being held here. I suggest you shower. You smell like chloroform" Anthony joked.

"Yeah, and who's fault is that?" I asked sarcastically.

I made my way up the stairs, then back into my room.