Blood Wounds | ANY βœ”

Av ATHENA_AKI

Everyone knew about King Il's two daughters. The youngest, Yona, was known for her vibrant red hair in Kouka... Mer

S Y N O P S I S
Memories(The Name Sea Weed)
[2] Coming of Age
[3] Letter
[4] Happy Birthday
[5] Misunderstandings
[6] Cliffs
[7] Priest
[8] Port Awa
[9] Deaths
[10] Midnight
[11] Reality
[12] Fights
[13] Son Hak
[14] Sunrise and Sunsets
[15] The stars know everything
[16] Morning Of Reveals
[17] Grab On Tight
[18] Fireworks of Pain
[19] The one who always hides
[20] The Bitter Memoirs of the Past
[21] π“π‘πž 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐒𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧
[22] War of Hearts
[23] Iliza Scarlet: The Vanity of Awa
[24] The Dawn Has Broken
[25] Departure of the free
[26] The Girl Who Cried Wolf
[27] Farewell, Port Awa
[28] The sky that is gone
[29] Her Hatred
[30] Jae-Ha, Dragon of the Skies
[31] Digging Into The Past
[32] The Prophecy & Zeno's question
[33] The Phoenix and The New Era
Book 2

[1] Yona and Rue

6.5K 233 45
Av ATHENA_AKI

Her purple hair, that almost looked black, fluttered in the cold mountain wind as she pressed her cloak closer. Her dull, yellow eyes glared at the group of bandits, who were unaware of her presence. Contrary to what others might believe, she was not a bandit or ruffian. In fact, she was the first princess and the original heir to the throne, Rue. Her eyes distant and cold, as if there were an abyss of darkness behind them.

She looked at the sky. It was the break of dawn, which means that it was a new day. Her mind wandered to when she used to be surrounded with warmth. Or when she was still considered a person.

Back then, I never knew how cold it was in the outside world.

She thought, as her mind reminded her of a time long forgotten. She drew her arrow and released them, causing them to embed themselves into the bandits.

Screams entered her ears, and soon it was quiet.

She stood in the middle of the dead bodies, covered in blood. Her two swords dripping red liquid, as she watched the leader staggering in front of her. Rue could not find it within her to have pity for this man.

"Please! Please spare me!" The leader pleaded.

"Did you spare those children that you killed? Or those women whom you and your men jumped on like wolves? You deserve no mercy from me."

With that she swung her sword, causing more liquid to splatter on her cloak. She looked up, and saw the changing sky. It was breaking dawn.

God have mercy on my enemies. Cause I won't.

Rue watched the blush of dawn as she sheathed her sword. It was time to return. It was time to face the storm that had been brewing since she had left the castle. Since she had left Kuuto.

||♪||

Hiryuu castle was bustling with an air of festivaties. People were in a joyous mood as it was the second princess, Yona's sixteenth birthday. Several decorations and refreshments were being set up. Being the beloved Princess of the people, Yona was held in high regards by the nobles and people.

People were excited to enter the castle, where the first King Hiryuu had once resided. This was a moment of pride for them. Hiryuu castle was said to be the place where the legend's last heroes parted. Even though their existence was long forgotten, people still remember their tales. Or so it is said.

The crowd quietens as the King comes on the high raised platform. Behind him stood Son Hak, the successor of the Wind Tribe, on the side sat the leaders of the five tribes. As King Il gives his opening speech, his mind wanders to his eldest daughter, Rue . The girl had left five years ago and still had not returned, although she did send presents for her younger sister, the second princess.

She had always been away and rarely came back. Sometimes he worried whether she was alive. For the relationship between Rue and her father was - to say terrible would be an understatement - close to her hatred towards him.

King Il was anticipating his first daughter to come today, for he knew that she would not miss Yona's sixteenth birthday for anything.

||♪||

In another part of the castle, a red headed young girl was rushing in her room to get ready. Her main concern being her hair, as it was quite wild in her opinion.

Her red hair was admired by many in the Kingdom especially by her father and friends. She was - what you would call - a pampered Princess.

"Princess, we really should go, the ceremony gonna end." Said Min-Soo her attendant.

"I'm almost done.... but this hair won't behave!" The red headed princess, Yona whined. She fumbled through more clothing and still wasn't ready.

Min-Soo looked at the other servants who were struggling to hold the pile of clothes that the young princess was throwing at them. She was rather violent with how she was throwing around her clothes.

Min-Soo was a shaman who was officially the attendant of Princess Y/N but in her absence he served under King and Second Princess.

He sighed for the hundredth time and groaned lightly, 'Princess Rue please come back! I really can not do this anymore.'

"Princess we really should be going to the opening ceremony. You look beautiful, please let us go." Min-Soo was basically pleading as he realized that this Princess was going nowhere today, especially the ceremony.

'How are Princess Rue and Princess Yona so different? Why can't Princess Yona be at least a little bit punctual? Princess Rue, please come back!'

Min-Soo didn't hate the red haired female in fact he was used to her tantrums. He believed that her tantrums were an essence of her innocence and compassion. But sometimes he really wished that the young princess would be a bit responsible.

"Yes. yes I am almost done!"

'You have been saying that for an hour now.' Min-Soo sweat-dropped.

"NO! Not this one. Where is that calico?" Yona asked as she rummaged through the drawers.

'I give up on this princess.' Min-Soo mentally animatedly sobs.

"Now, now what's going on here?" King Il asked in surprise and humor as he entered the messy room. Behind him was Hiryuu castle's protector, Son Hak.

"Father! Oh no... is the ceremony over? I'm so sorry!" Yona apologized, but her father just laughed it off in his usual carefree self.

'Of course it's over.' Min-Soo mentally remarked.

"Ah, no worries. It wasn't that much important."

'Sure, Il-Heika tell her that. As if the opening of a Princess's birthday ceremony isn't supposed to be done with her presence. It is written in the rulebook!' Min-Soo sighed yet again.

"I would have come earlier but this hair would not just behave!" She grumbled.

"Now there is nothing wrong with you-"

"Well, I do believe that I was born with a cute face but my hair is not cute at all!"

"Now, your hair is also marvelous. What do you think, Hak?"

The raven head, placed his weapon against the doorway, and crossed his arms. His lips pulled into a straight line.

"If anything is wrong, then that wouldn't be her hair. People would say it is her brain that is wrong and damaged." His blunt answer causing King Il and Min-Soo to sweat drop.

"Father! Silence this peasant!" Shouted the princess, as she grabbed various valuable items and threw them at the general who dodged it and caught them in his hands.

"Now, Yona. Hak is your childhood friend and also one of the five generals. He is also your bodyguard, nevertheless." The King said in hopes of stopping the madness. Which of course failed.

"Then change him! I want someone cuter! Maybe someone cute like Min-Soo!" The princess continuing her attacks shouted back.

'I rather not Princess......' Min-Soo deadpanned and stepped back sweating furiously.

"Yo princess. Shouldn't you go to the gates to greet Lord Soo Won? I heard he already arrived." Said Hak, which made Yona stop her attacks and run outside, muttering why he didn't say so before.

"Soo Won? I don't quite understand." The King asked in confusion.

"Well, maybe it is what you call a maiden's heart." The general replied, making the old man even more confused. Hak walked out the room and went to find the red haired princess.

At that moment, a maid came rushing into the room. She seemed to be out of breathe as she panted.

"Princess.... princess Rue sent a letter stating that she is on her way to the palace!" The maid exclaimed with shock. Everyone's eyes widened, she really was back.

"EH?!"

||♪||

Yona ran through the halls as she bumped into several palace workers. Her running caused some of them to even drop the hinges that they were carrying.

"Princess!"

"Yona-Hime!"

"Princess, don't run in the halls!"

Shouts were heard as the palace workers tried their best to make the jumpy female listen to them. But like it is said. Love makes people blind but in Yona's case-expected but sadly- deaf.

"Soo-Won!" She shouted.

'My older cousin by three years, my precious Soo-Won!'

Yona was reminiscing her cousin's and love interest's memories with her. As she turned the corner Yona bumped into a hard chest and strong arms held before she fell.

"Yona-Chan!"

A familiar soft, masculine voice rang out. Yona looked up into warm, blue irises staring back into her purple ones. Long, light blonde hair pulled into a loose ponytail and short stray hairs framed his forehead.

"Calm down now. You might hurt yourself. Anyways, congratulations on your 16th birthday Yona-Hime." The blonde male, Soo-Won, smiled warmly.

"Uh.... yes.. thank you. Soo-Won are you staying longer this time?" Yona asked, hope laced in her words.

"Yes. I'll be staying longer this time."

"Really? Yes! Rue nee-san said that she will also stay for my birthday!" She cheered.

"Oh is that so? It has been so long since we saw Rue. I wonder how she has been."

"Soo-Won I want to tell you tha-"

"Ah! I'll go and greet Il-Heika and Hak! It has been awhile." With that, the blonde male ran off leaving behind a dejected young Princess.

Yona sulked as she murmured to herself. "I got myself so prepared since the morning. I applied the best scented incense and most fragrant perfumes. I even dressed myself in the most smooth of silks and makeup."

"All of that for nothing. Poor Princess." Hak smirked and joked at the crouched Princess.

"Shut up!"

"I was only saying the truth."

With that Hak again ran off with Yona after him throwing things at him and shouting at him.

"HAK COME BACK HERE!"

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

17.8K 416 39
{Book and look of Kita has been updated and re-edited} Takes Place after Naraku was defeated.... Kagome had a sibling, one from America, who is half...
321K 11.9K 66
"As realization hit him, he flinched slightly, his hands beginning to tremble. He was wrong. Hak and Princess Yona were not the most dangerous figure...
108K 3.3K 72
This is the story of a Cyan Dragon Warrior who was born with her young sister, the Crimson Dragon. Before that she was also an Akatsuki no Yona fan a...
977 144 30
Most people assume Miu is a timid, shy girl, but actually she's quite a down to earth kind of gal. She grew up in the Hyakuya orphanage alongside wit...