THE MAFIA'S PRINCESS

By ThelmaAkosa

"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 (THE WEDDING)
EPILOGUE
A/N

Chapter 64

38.6K 1.3K 138
By ThelmaAkosa

WRITER'S POV

"I know, mama. I pray everyday that our little girl gets better. She doesn't call me mommy again. I know that even if she's here physically, and tries hard to fit in, she still hasn't accepted us. She does not know us. The real us. I always wonder what is going through her mind. Is she hurt? Does she feel unloved? I love my daughter, mama, I really do." Grace cried out through the phone. Of course, she had a phone. She just never used it in the presence of anyone, and she used it only when she was behind closed doors.

Her 62 years old mother whom she always spoke to felt so bad. "I'm sorry, Gracey, this is hard for me too. Kim is my grandchild and this is very disturbing news. What if she never remembers me? Or all the good times we shared? My oh my, I may have a heart attack."

"Please don't say that mom. As it is, I'm already having a hard time with my daughter. I don't want you adding to it." Grace said sadly as she wiped the tears that had rolled down her cheeks. "I just want my daughter to remember me."

Marietta, Grace's mother spoke up next. "Why don't you bring her back. Come back to Ohio. Bring her home. Bring her to the people who love her instead of keeping her far away. Or take her back to Manhattan. Whatever you think you're doing is clearly not helping her out, Gracey." The old woman reasoned.

"But mama..."

"Gracey dear, I've raised you all your life. I've been with you every step of the way. Have I ever given you wrong advice? Or something that's not gonna help you?"

Grace shook her head even though she knew her mother would not see her.

"Take this from me. Bring back Kim. Bring back my grandchild. Bring her back to me. Forget about all these hospital protocol. It's not helping her. As a state nurse, you know that you have to go back to work. This is America honey, you've got to work to survive. For how long will you continue to stay in a place with no progress? You might soon run out of cash and loose your job at the same time." Marietta told her sternly. "I'll fly to Manhattan next week. I'll take care of my baby girl. And you go back to work. It's not up for debate."

"But mama that Dreidan Vaughn is there. The man who got my baby into this mess. I can't take her back." Grace said as she shook her head in denial, again, knowing her mother would not see it.

Marietta, who was a strict but very loving mother could not control herself. "Bullshit Grace. Are you a chicken? You're her mother. You set the rules. Did I ever teach you to run away from your problems? You face them. You're the boss of your life. You don't run away from a young man, holding your daughters progress for nothing. That's selfish of you. Maybe that's why Kim is not getting any better. Your child is not getting any better because of your selfishness!"

"Mama...."

"Don't mama me, Grace. So that's the real reason why you've been keeping Avatia away. If you're afraid to deal with the Dreidan guy whatever, bring back my baby and leave the rest to me. I'm gonna handle the rest. Have I made myself clear?" Marietta said angrily. All this while, she could not believe her daughter was keeping her grandchild far away because of a man. She'd been thinking it was for medical help. Not knowing the real reason. Oh, old Marietta was that kind of grandma. The no nonsense kind of grandma.

Grace who felt ashamed after hearing her mother's words had no other choice. She knew she could not go against her mother's words. Plus when her mother said something, that was how it was going to be. "Fine mama, I'll talk to the doctors and all. We'll be coming home."

Marietta forced a smile. "Good girl. Now, your super mama would be on her way too. See you soon Gracey."

***

Meanwhile, in the other cottage, Draya and doctor Nathan were also having a heated conversation.

Draya had lost her temper. "Doctor Nathan you promised not to tell Aunt Grace. Can't you keep your words?" Draya asked furiously. Ever since she told him, he'd been eager to tell Grace and it really pissed her off.

The doctor sighed. "I know I promised Draya, but this is serious. That evil mafia leader..."

"He's got a name. Dreidan Vaughn." An angry Draya retorted.

"Whatever his name is. He's dangerous. Grace hates his guts. And he put your friend into this mess. You just want to let him come here and ruin all what we're working for? The progress your friend is making?"

Draya let out a humorless chuckle. "Progress? What progress? She doesn't even remember her mother. You call that progress? Y'all keep pumping Avatia with anti-depressants. You guys keep giving her these fake ideas on life. Leaving out the essential part of healing. You're not doing your job right, doctor. I can't believe you. Why did I even trust you to have told you something so important? You know what? I'm gonna tell Dreidan that you're the one holding back Ava. You said it yourself, he's dangerous. He's gonna chop off your head. Just you wait and see." Draya threatened him. She was so angry and regretted ever confiding in the doctor. From the onset, she'd never really liked him.

Doctor Nathan ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "For goodness sake Draya, Grace needs to know. Avatia can't go back?"

"Why? Why don't you want her to leave? You think I don't see the way you always look at her? You think I don't notice the way you always look at her with those fuck me eyes? Look here, I know you're a pervert and you're just waiting for a moment to be alone with my girl. It's not gonna work Nathan. I know your kind. I don't trust you." Draya said, looking at him straight in the eyes. In fairness, she had been wanting to tell Grace about the way the doctor always looked at Avatia. "Ask around, Nathan. I'm fire. I don't take shit from no one, get that?"

The doctor clenched his fist. This girl really was going to pose a problem. How on earth did she notice all these things? He felt like pulling out her hair but he thought against it. Plus he could not destroy he's innocent facade. "Don't say that again Draya. I only love your friend. As my patient."

"Well guess what, Nathan. Avatia doesn't even know you. She doesn't love you. And you see that guy that's coming over here in a bit? That's the guy my friend loved. And I know deep down, that she still loves him. She just needs to see him, and that's all." Draya pushed his buttons, turning around to walk out but froze when she saw Grace standing at the door.

A very shocked Grace could not believe what she just heard. "Dreidan Vaughn is coming here?" She asked in disbelieve.

Draya was speechless.

Doctor Nathan spoke up. "That's what it's seems like, Grace. I was as shocked as you are. I even told Draya that telling you was the best idea but she refused."

Draya glared at him. Was he trying to pour fuel on the fire? She's going to have to deal with him later. Right now, Grace was more important. "Aunt Grace I can explain."

"Explain what, Draya? It's always you that brings up things concerning that monster. And now you plan to bring him here without my knowledge? How can you do that to me? To your Avatia?" Grace was so angry now. Back then in the hospital, it was this same Draya that let Dreidan near her daughter. "Don't make me think you're bad influence for my daughter."

Draya actually felt guilty. "You've got to believe me, aunty. I did not plan anything. Dreidan called me. I don't even know how he got my new number. He threatened me. He said I must bring Avatia to him. I refused. I swear, I denied because it's dangerous. But then, he said he was coming over here to take her. Whether we like it or not." Draya tried to explain.

"And you planned on keeping it a secret?" Grace asked.

Draya shook her head. "Don't believe what Nathan is saying. I really was going to tell you. But in a better way. I didn't want you to freak out or find out like this. Believe me aunt Grace. I really can't put Avatia's life in danger."

"But Dreidan Vaughn is a wicked man. He's the cause of all this. He can't come here to take my baby girl away. I won't let that happen. Never." Grace cried out.

"Who is this Dreidan Vaughn?"

All three froze at Avatia's voice.

"And why is he coming over?" She added.

______________________________

I'm so excited to write the next chapter. Vote if you're excited to read it too.❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 2.3K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 γ€€In editing process, first book, revamping in progressγ€€ ❝ πΏπ‘œπ“‹π‘’ 𝑀𝒢𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 π’Ÿπ’Άπ“ƒπ‘”π‘’π“‡ 𝐼𝓃 π’΄π‘œπ“Š πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
495K 17.8K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
851K 21.4K 58
I would never admit this to anyone for as long as I lived, and I was going to hell for thinking it, but Theo Romano was hot when he was angry. It was...
64K 1.3K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...