Melting the ice (Jelsa)

By esote_rika

A story of Elsa, the heir of Arendelle, and her personal guardian, Jack Frost, and how he melted queen's froz... More

Melting the ice (Jelsa)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
NOTE:)) Please read
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Author's Note. Read. Please?
Epilouge
Playlist + New Book Announcement

Chapter Twenty-Three

2.7K 121 38
By esote_rika

So sorry for not updating for so freaking long! I got writer's block and personal crap going on, lol. Hope you enjoy!

Jack Frost

Cold. I feel cold, which is surprising cause I am usually never bothered by it. But it's not that I'm bothered about it now.

I force my eyes to open, and whiteness greets me. Not light, just... graying-white. Like the color of the moon.

I stand up, shaking snow and black sand off my hair. Wait. Black sand? Oh, no! Pitch! I grope around, feeling for my staff but I can't find the piece of wood I have grown extremely fond of. Groaning, I look around me, trying to decipher which way I should go. I need to find my staff! I'm powerless without it.

A glow comes from the distance, as crazy as that sounds. I follow it nonetheless, frowning yet filled with excitement and giddy. Something about that faint light makes me feel genuinely happy, even though I know I'm supposed to feel worried and anxious.

As I approach the light at a very slow pace, something emerges from within its depths. I blink several times, trying to figure out if I'm only seeing things, or if a person is really coming out of that light.

The person fully emerges and now I know I'm not seeing or imagining things. Because standing before me is him.

Man in Moon.

A gasp comes out of my lips. There he is, with a lenghty white beard, wearing some sort of white cloak. Everything about him just looks surreal, yet there's a feeling, a sense, of warmth and welcome.

"Jack Frost." he says, his voice deep and jolly. It reminds me of North.

"Uhh, hi?" my answer sounds more like a question. Honestly, how would you respond to... Well, to him? Surprisingly, I feel a bit heavy, like some sort of weird shroud looming over me. It doesn't feel right, especially in his presense. I think if I'm with him, I'm supposed to only feel light and happiness. But how can I, when I know a battle is happening right this moment?

"What am I doing here? Where's my staff?" I ask, anxiety and impatience washing over me. Man in Moon graces me with his presence in the middle of a fight. Not very good timing if I do say so, but I can't exactly complain.

"You are her to discuss matter with me, Jack Frost. The battle with Pitch is successful so do not worry about that." he tells me patiently. I sigh in relief. Successful... That means Pitch must be done, once amd for all.

Man In Moon smiles. He reminds me of North, minus all the chunky tatoos. While North is large and burly, Man in Moon is small and seemingly fragile. "I knew I picked the right person to be the guardian of Fun." his eyes, the color impossible to decipher behind his bushy eyebrows, sparkles and his cheeks moves up in a smile.

That's a compliment, a huge one coming from him, "Thanks. I take immense pride in my work." I say, a bit arrogantly. My siganture smirk crosses my face.

Man in Moon nods, "You know Jack, that title means you have a responsibility to fulfill." he mutters softly. I strain to hear him.

I know that right from the moment North told me I was going to be a guardian. That was why I didn't want to be one in the first place. All those deadlines and responsibilities. But now I've accepted the role, the position and the responsibility that came along with it. "Yeah..." I trail off, unsure of what he's getting at.

"And then another responsibility was presented when the King and Queen of Arendelle asked you to watch over their daughter." Man in Moon continues. The smirk turns into a softer smile when Elsa comes into my mind. If Pitch is defeated, that means she's safe. My goal and another one of my responsibility is complete.

"You have done that very well, Jack. But right now, you are at a crossroad."

I frown at what he's saying. His eyes have turned sad now, and it makes my stomach churn, filling it with dread. Not good. Something's up, I know that much. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"Now that Queen Elsa knows how to controll her powers-"

"She knows how to control her powers?" I gasp, then feel my cheeks burn when I realize that I just interrupted Man in Moon. "Sorry," I add sheepishly. Last time I checked, Elsa was a scared wreck, unable to grasp even the slightest thought of control, especially after Pitch came after her.

"It's alright," he laughs, "And yes. Because you and her sister helped her overcome her fears. You amd Anna made her feel something she's never felt during her isolation--love. Now, she's defeated Pitch."

Happiness blooms inside me, overpowering the feeling of dread earlier. She's much more powerful than I ever was that's for sure. I feel proud of her; she defeated Pitch, the enemy which kept the Guardians filled with dread and worry and concern. The enemy who terrorized her and fed on the fear that came from her.

"You love her." Man in Moon states. It isn't a question, but it still demands answer.

"Yes, I do." the answer is quite obvious.

Man in Moon nods slowly, thoughtfully. "Yes. But I hope you do realize one thing Jack. that you're immortal."

I swallow, pushing back the lump forming in my throat. I nod, unable to form words. I think I know where this is getting at. I've heard the other guardians talk about this behind my back, but I always pretended not to hear. I can't play blind, or deaf, now.

"I'm sorry Jack."

That's it? That's all he has to say? This irks me, "Wha- can't you do anything? You're Man in Moon for crying out loud!" I cry out, frustrated.

He should be able to find a solution for this! My eyes blaze, my cheeks burn and for the first time, I feel warm, hot... Burning, which is crazy for a winter spirit.

"I can. I know something that would work" Man in Moon starts.

"Well do it!" I tell him, trying to regain my temper. I feel ashamed, snapping at Man in Moon like that. I am regretting it already.

"I can't, because it's your choice Jack. I can let you be with her."

A smile forms across my face at the thought of her, but it drops almost immediately because of the condition.

"But," I know there's going to be a condition, " you'll turn mortal. No more powers, no more guardian duty... No more Jack Frost."

I turn to look at him incredulously. What? That doesn't seem very fair... Well it does, but I don't think I can do that!

"Or, you can choose to stay this way. But, if you do... well let's just say you and Elsa will never work." Man in Moom's eyes are soft and sad. "I know that's an impossible choice to make Jack, but I need your answer. Because they are waiting for you. Immortal or not." he says.

He expects me to make this choice right away? But... I don't think I can. Life without Elsa, sweet and beautiful Elsa, is impossible. Unthinkable. But what about the children? Would I really rob them of snowdays and winter nights for my own pleasure?

"C-can't you do something else? Give me another choice? Like... Make Elsa a guardian too?" my voice cracks several times. The idea is absurd, I admit.

"Jack, for that to happen, you know she has to die first. Would you really want that?" Man in Moon deadpans. He peers at me seriously, the color of his eyes still unknown.

I don't want Elsa to die, but I guess we would be able to spend eternity together if she does... No! What am I thinking?

I know it's unfair of me to ask. Especially since she has a kingdom to rule and a sister to be with. But I want to be with her. Desperate times call for desperate measure? Maybe.

But I can see that Man in Moon doesn't want Elsa to die either. I can even sense some disappointment in him because of me asking.

This just puts more pressure to me.

Be a mortal and be with Elsa or keep my immortality for the children?

how can I make this choice?

-_-_-_-_-_-
Please don't hurl icicles at me!!!!

Wow, it's been so long! I lost my Jelsa groove because of all the Jelsa haters, writers block and personal crap, but I am slowly working through it! I hope this chapter satisfies you! As usual, vote and comment!

Luv y'all!

xx, Erica.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 122 11
if you plan to read this here are some things you should know this is after the events of frozen and before the events of rise of the guardians. jack...
726K 21K 97
What happens when Jack Frost has a problem that only one person could fix? That person was a girl named Elsa, the Princess and future Queen of Arende...
912K 20.6K 56
Elsa did not know who Jack Frost was. But that is about to change when our adventurous hero searches fun in the Kingdom of Arendelle, meets the queen...
68.8K 2.7K 61
Jack Frost, the guardian of fun and winter, King of childhood is assigned on a mission. A mission to help the Princess of Arendelle named Elsa to con...