Bloody Rhapsody (Damon Salvat...

By xoZOMBIEBABYxo

Rhapsody, state of elated bliss or ecstasy. Nereza (Neressa) is a girl who could not understand the meanin... More

Bloody Rhapsody (Damon Salvatore Love)
1. Vampire vs Zombie Debate
2. Coffee and Vampires
3. Vampire and Broken Glass
4. Vampire's Leather Jacket
5. Vampire Hugs
6. Intruders and Vampires
7. Secrets and Vampires
8. Girls Day with a Vampire
10. Child Games and Vampires
11. Pancakes and Vampires
12. Vampires at the Door
Authors Note!
13. Vampires and Research
14. Meeting with a Vampire
15. Vampires and Bribes
16. Vampires and School Spirit
17. Vampires and Stingrays
18. Vampires and Football
19. Vampires and Photographs
20. Twirling with Vampires
21. Vampires and an old Trunk
22. Vampires and Grave Sites
23. Vampires and the Dead
24. Vampires and Cryptic Warnings
25. Vampires and Crypts
26. Vampires and Pillow Fights
27. Vampires and Library Books
28. Vampires and Scratches
29. Restless Nights and Vampires
30. Vampires and Rude Awakenings
31. Vampires and Hocus Pocus
32. Vampires and Captors
33. Vampires and Evil Guides
34. Vampires and Visions
35. Vampires on the Run
36. Vampires and Threats
37. Vampires and Confessions
38. Vampires and Choices
39. Vampire Vs. Zombies Reality

9. Running From a Vampire

4.8K 160 24
By xoZOMBIEBABYxo

--------------------Damon's POV-------------------

  "Well hey there." a sultry voices whispers just inches from my ear.

   Turning I see big blue eyes ready to devour me. She is a tall woman, with tan skin and long blond hair. A bombshell, yet I have to feign interest. Holding back the eye roll that so desperately wants to escape, I have to force myself to smile at her. My smug expression instinctively sliding into place.

  "Well hey back." I don't even need to try, already I know she is thinking of ways to get me to bring her home.

  "Buy a girl a drink?" She slides into the stool next to me, all the while keeping her body in my line of sight.

   Sure why not, I am always ready for a bite. I wave to the bar tender and he takes only a moment to bring her what she wants. When not out being Stefan's errand boy, I tend to gravitate here, to this little hole in the wall bar. Finding someone to drink with, and then to drink from, is a lot simpler in a place like this.

  Just like so many others, this little beauty is putty in my hands. As we drink we talk, and as we talk she grows more and more eager to follow me anywhere. It used to be so much fun, the hunt. Choosing my prey and then making a party out of it, playing with them for my amusement.

  Was all in good fun of course. There would be music and dancing and well, lots of feeding. More often than not they would leave not remembering a thing, feeling like they had a great night, but to never bother me again.

  Now though, it is less than ideal. No matter how much fun I decide to have, it all feels like something is missing. Something deep inside aches and I have to force myself forward, convincing everyone I am still the same old Damon. Pretending as always, not to care. Then, of course, there is her. Haunting my every wandering thought.

  I stand abruptly, forcing my thoughts under control, and slam the rest of my drink. I realize that I have not listened to a thing this woman has said to me. I try to reflect on our 'conversation' but thoughts of that girl always playing on the edge of my mind. I refuse to think about her, no matter how intoxicating she may be.

  "What's wrong baby?" She doesn't really look concerned, more worried that I might be leaving without her.

 "Lets get out of here." I don't look at her just shrug into my jacket before turning to leave.

  "About time." I hear the smile in her voice but I just don't have the energy to reciprocate it.

  I hold out my arm for her and without hesitation she takes it, ready for me to lead her wherever my heart desires. As we step out into the night air it hits me, she is near. I waver as Nereza's scent fully washes over me, consumes me. I close my eyes to steady myself and try to breathe deeply, but it does not help.

  "Baby?" The blond questions my sudden stillness, but the sound of her voice fills me with nothing but annoyance.

  "Go." My voice cold, I have lost all interest in an evening with her.

  "Seriously?" She pulls her arm away and stares at me with bewilderment. Facing her now I let a cruel smile cross my lips.

  "Oh yes." I say, moving my hands to shoo her away.

  "You have got to be kidding me!" She moves her hands to her hips, her whole body getting ready to tell me off. I roll my eyes before setting her with my intense stare.

  "You need to go home and think about your life. Question your eagerness to go home with a stranger who has shown no interest in getting to know you." I speak firmly, commanding her. She blinks a few times as the compulsion takes over.

  "Screw you, I am going home" She pushes past me, walking furiously to where ever it is she lives.

  "You do that." Anxiously I turn to walk the opposite direction as the blond, and coincidentally in the direction I know Nereza to be.

  I tell myself that I am not looking for her, that she has nothing to do with my sudden change of plan. Even as I do though, I continue moving faster and faster with every step, getting closer to her scent.

  "Come swing with me!" Nereza's voice travels to me, fallowed by laughter.

  I slow, cautiously moving closer as I take in every sound. It does not surprise me to see Elena with her. Even after our little argument this morning I knew she wouldn't avoid her.

  Within a few steps the two of them come into full view. Hidden amongst the many shadows of the alleyway, I watch them. Their bodies swinging back and forth on the old swings in the center of town. Their laughter brings a smile to my face without me even realizing it. They are beautiful, both of them.

  I have not seen Elena having this much fun in a long while. Her smile lighting up her face, making it seem as if all her worries are long forgotten. Yet, as beautiful as she looks, I can not tear my eyes from Nereza. Her pale skin glowing in the cascading moonlight that shines upon her. A very haunting effect as her black skirt flows around her moving legs. Her legs, that look as if they would be so smooth to the touch, continues to push herself higher into the night. Her expression calm, for once she seems at peace with the world that surrounds her. Can't stop myself from wondering what is going on in her pretty little head.

  Absently, I lean against the wall beside me and let out a sigh, completely content with watching her for the rest of time. Elena suddenly stops and stares directly at me, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. Great, didn't think she would have been paying any attention. Still, I should have been more careful to stay silent.

  "Reza" Elena does not stop her glare as she speaks.

   Sorrow takes hold of me as I watch Nereza stop as well. No, don't look upset. She looked so happy only a moment ago, why would Elena have to disrupt that! Everything is tense, not only for them as they speak about her feelings for me, but also for me as I stand there listening. Her heart beating furiously as she becomes even more uneasy with Elena's advances.

  I have to focus to keep myself still as they speak of what a bad guy I am, and how she has no feelings for me. Her heart beat gives away that she is lying, and yet with every word I feel as though I am being stabbed with a wooden stake.

  "Look at me" Elena demands and I bolt up.

  No! She can not compel her! Yet even as I think this I make no effort to move, something isn't right. I watch as Elena tells her to leave me alone, but Nereza's heart does not calm as it should. Although Elena pushes harder, Nereza's body only tenses more rather becomes relax. The trance that should be taking control of her mind is not.

  I scan over Nereza's body, but just as before I sense no presence of vervain. What is going on? Elena does not notice this as I do, and when Nereza goes to run it's a shock to her. Elena stands to run after her I, but I move forward quickly and block her path.

  "What are you doing?" she yells, annoyed with my interference.

  "I should be asking you that. Compelling her? Really?" My voice comes out harsh and shows the anger that even I do not understand.

  "She can't keep wanting to be around you!" her words slash at me, making me feel like that bad guy they believe me to be.

  "Don't trust me Elena? What, think I will mess with her mind or something?" I throw her actions back at her.

  She sets her mouth in a tight line and glances away from me. I have no urge to sit and waste my time arguing with her, so I turn to leave.

 "Where are you going?" she calls after me.

  "To check up on her." I say simply, moving forward.

  "Damon," Her tone is that of warning.

  "Well one of her only friends just tried, and failed, to get into her mind. Might have some bad side effects." I respond over my shoulder.

  When she doesn't respond, only fidgets not knowing what to do, I take off. I have this overwhelming need to make sure Nereza is OK.

------------------------Nereza's POV---------------------------

  My feet carry me onward, while my mind is lost in itself. Over and over I replay the scene, but nothing makes sense. Why did I feel so violated, so in danger? Elena was only talking to me, trying to look out for me, and yet every instinct I have ever had was screaming for me to flee. I haven't known Elena and Stefan long, but they quickly became good friends. Never once have I ever felt so uncomfortable around them, or in my entire life actually.

  The muscles in my legs burn, I have not slowed once since I took off. Some part of me keeps screaming to run faster, farther, to get away. It's still there, I still do not feel as safe as I should. Still, I can no longer go on like this. Letting myself come to a stop my chest heaves as I fight to bring in air. I lean over putting my hands on my knees allowing myself a moment to catch my breath, my chest burning as I try to steady myself. I know I am fine, but I feel I am being hunted. I vow to start moving again in just a moment.

  "Are you okay?" My breath catches in my throat as his voice echoes in my ears.

  I am still leaned over, and I know I probably look ridiculous, but I am unable to move. I had thought I was alone, but I now become aware of the sound of footsteps coming closer towards me. For a brief moment I entertain the idea of running, but push it away knowing it would just be silly. He is just a classmate who happened to see me at the end of a ridiculous freak out. What is wrong with him asking if I am all right? Am I all right?

  A pair of black leather shoes comes into my view and I am reminded that I am still hunched over. Awkwardly, I straighten, but still am unable to catch my bearings. I was so not ready to run into someone else at this moment.

  "Nereza?" My name seems to just roll off his tongue and it draws my attention back to the man in front of me.

  Finally, willing my eyes to look up into his, I breathe deeply to suppress the blush I feel coming on. Damon Salvatore stands no more than a foot away from me. If I would be honest with myself, I would admit that he looked amazing right now. His hair falling slightly over his blue eyes, wide as the look down at me with questions. His lips, normally holding that self-conceited smirk, are tight and turned down. His face is hard with worry, but why?

  "Nereza?" he asks again, and this time my face burns with embarrassment.

   I hadn't realized I still have yet answer him. He holds his hand out to me, as if to try to comfort me, but I flinch away. My eyes dart around not being able to focus on anything in specific. The adrenaline pumping through me has set me on edge, I am ready to take off again at a moments notice.

  "Yeah, sorry, I am totally fine. Thanks." I look past him rather than at him and give a quick smile as I move to continue on. I was already feeling uneasy, having him near me is not going to help me calm down.

  "You look like you need someone to talk to." Damon's voice is soft and kind.

  So much like the night he had helped me at home. My mind flashes with the image of him looking down at me in the kitchen. Why does he do this? Show me glimpses of this nice guy who is nothing like the guy everyone else knows. Without meaning to, my mind conjures images of him with all the different girls clinging to his sides. It fills me with a rage that is so unexplainable, but real nonetheless. I spin back around to him without really thinking about my actions, just moving on instinct.

  "I'm sure you would much rather go be with one of your girls." My voice is cruel and accusing, I don't think I have ever spoken to someone with such unkindness.

  Normally when mad or upset I just shrink away, but I can't stand this from him any longer. Being kind to me, and then ignoring everything as soon as we return to school, it's just plain confusing! I stand there defensively with my hands clenched into fists at my side, waiting for something but not sure what.

  Damon holds my gaze, but his eyes harden. They intensify with an emotion I can not place. Before I am able to figure it out he drops his head, causing his hair to fall so that I can no longer make out his features. Did I actually hurt his feelings? He does not move, and although I keep thinking about turning and leaving, my body refuses to do so.

  "You have no idea what I would like to do." His voice is husky, quiet so I can barely hear him, almost as if he is fighting something inside him.

  My whole body reacts to his statement, twisting deep within me. Blood rushes to my cheeks making them burn once more. He is right, I have no idea what he wants, but I do know that he is more trouble than I can imagine. The sight of him looking almost lost actually makes me light headed. How can someone who seems to have it all figured out be so broken? Broken, like me and yet nothing like me. I can no longer stand the sight of him, it conjures up too many mixed emotions that I can't deal with.

  My eyes start darting around trying to take in my location. I felt the need to run so badly before I wasn't really paying any attention to my direction. I am pleasantly surprised when I start recognizing what is around me. I am due for a break, and only having to travel a couple houses down to be home is definitely manageable.

  I never would have thought in my panic I would run home. I mean yes, I was trying to run to safety, but home was never looked at as a place of comfort. Then again dad is going to be gone till late tonight, and where else can I go that I can just get away from everyone, and not risk running into another headache.

  "I have to go home." my voice squeaks out. Why is it with him I am either yelling at him or unable to speak?

  "Why?" he keeps his head down, but his voice has softened.

  My heart quickens at his question. There is no real reason, other than the fact I just need to be somewhere alone, but I don't think that is something he wants to hear.

  "Because I do." I respond simply, knowing I am not answering anything, but hoping he will just let me go.

  Before he is able to respond, I turn away from him and continue heading down the street. I hold my breath as I try to casually walk away, but I can feel myself shaking. I listen as hard as I can, trying to pick up any sound that would suggest that he is walking after me but I hear nothing but my own steps.

  It is now pitch black and a quiet night. I enjoy the silence and hope that the rest of the night will be as silent as it is right now. With every step I take my body begins to relax, I am finally able to breathe normally again. I am sure that I have left both Elena and Damon behind me, now all I have to do is get into bed and leave the day behind as well.

  I am three houses away from home when my body is overcome with a prickly feeling. Something is wrong, when will I get a break? I continue to walk as I study my house that is quickly coming into full view. I am in front of Zeke's house when I finally realize the car is in the driveway. My stomach knots with disappointment and panic. Why is he home? He did say he was going to be out late, didn't he?

  I glance over to Zeke's house and wonder if maybe it would be a better idea to just crash there. Sure, I wouldn't be able to be alone, but I don't think I am in the mood to deal with dad either. I let out a sigh of annoyance but turn toward his house anyway.

CRACK

  With no warning, I am smacked upside the head with something hard. Instinctively I reach up to touch the spot that is now throbbing. It stings, and I may have a bump, but no real damage is done. Glancing to the ground a wave of dizziness washes over me as I spot a crunched up can that once held beer laying at my feet.

  "Girl!"

  I freeze not wanting to move a muscle. A part of me secretly wishes if stay still enough he will get distracted by something and forget about me.

  "I am talking to you!"

  No such luck, his shouts get louder as he moves closer. My heart falls into my stomach and I feel suddenly nauseous, this really isn't my day. Carefully, I turn to see my dad, drunk as ever. A couple feet away from me and already I can smell the stench of alcohol. He looks mad, no, furious. What could I have done?

  "Where have you been?!" he screams, little bits of his spit fly and land on my face, but I know better than to wipe it away.

  "I'm sorry, Daddy" I struggle to speak causing my voice to crack. "I thought you had work?" His face grow darker with anger, making my words trail away into the silence.

  "Are you questioning me?" he angrily steps toward me.

  My body reacts on its own, moving back out of fear. This only upsets him more, but my mind isn't functioning, I can't think of how to make him happy.

  "Dad, are you hungry? I can make us some dinner." I try my hardest to keep my voice steady, trying to make him feel like everything is okay.

  "You should have had dinner ready when I got home!" he sways as he stands before me, yelling so loud my entire body trembles.

   We are only just a few feet from Zeke's door, and out of the corner of my eye I can see Zeke peek out the window. I don't dare take my eyes off my dad, but I give a little shake of my head praying that Zeke will know I am telling him to stay out of this.

  "I'm sorry, I thought you were going to be gone all night," I stammer, hesitating as his eyes widen, looking crazed.

  "Those assholes threw me out!" his voice rises with every word he says. "Dare to say I was drunk! Those liars think they are better than me!" His words slur together and I struggle to understand him.

  He is swinging his arms around dramatically, it takes great concentration not to flinch away. He is so close I fear he may accidentally hit me.

  "It's okay Dad." I say softly trying to calm him down, even if everything is not okay.

   Did he seriously get fired? What are we going to do? I mean it's not a surprise that he got fired, I'm pretty sure he hasn't been sober since the day Mom died. I reach out to try to comfort him, but he swats my hand away.

  "Okay?" He grabs my shoulders roughly, shaking me with each word. "You think it's okay?" A whimper escapes me, I try to stay silent but with each violent shake I can't help by cry softly.

  I see Zeke's door open and I know he is trying to figure out a way of deflating the situation, but there isn't anything for him to do.

  "This is entirely your fault!" My eyes widen in fear as his words echo in my ears. "We would be great if your mother was here, but you killed her!" Tears threaten to fall from my eyes, I try to blink them away but as he continues to yell I am soon sobbing. "If you were never born your mother would still be here, but you killed her!"

  He lets go of one shoulder and raises his arm as if to strike me.

  "No!" I hear Zeke call out, but he is to far away to do anything.

   I close my eyes tight and try not to tense as I wait for the impact. But it never comes.

  Slowly, I cautiously open one eye. Then in disbelief, the other. Dad's eyes widen before they narrow at his arm being held back. Damon stands behind him with a firm grip on my dad, his face hard with rage, and something else. Something isn't right with him. How did he get here anyway? I didn't even hear him coming up from behind me.

  "Get your hands off of her." Damon's voice is low and frightening.

  "Who the hell-" dad drops his hand from me and goes to grab at Damon, but he is interrupted. In a blur of motion Damon sends dad flying, back into our yard.

  "Dad!" I call out.

  Yes, he may be a drunk and he may be mean, but he is still my dad and I do not want him hurt. Not giving Damon a thought I run over to my dad, Zeke instantly appearing at my side. I know he couldn't care less about my dad, but it brings me comfort having him there.

  Dad is lying on his back in the middle of the yard. He gives a soft groan but otherwise, he seems to be all right. Before I am able to reach out to him, Damon is suddenly there in front of me. He leans down and picks dad up by the collar of his shirt, as if he were weightless! Lifting him high in the air, Damon gives a growl that makes me grab ahold of Zeke in fear. He sounded so animistic, it looks to even have scare dad. I stare at him in awe, I have no idea what to do. Part of me acknowledges he is trying to help, but mostly I am just terrified.

  "You will never hurt Nereza." Damon's voice is low and demanding. Dad stares deep at Damon almost as if in a trance. No longer making any noises, the only clue that he is coherent is the tight nods he keeps giving Damon. "You will pull yourself together! No more drinking! You will take care of Nereza, not the other way around!"

  Dad continues to nod his head, as if he were actually agreeing to this. This is absurd, dad would never think how he is living his life is wrong. Never would I imagine him to let someone speak to him like this. What is going on?

  Damon growls again, which makes something stir deep within me. As Damon loosens his grip on my dad's shirt, he falls to the ground like a crumpled piece of garbage. I rush to his side to see he is all right, Zeke following close behind. As I take my dad into my arms, I am relieved to see he is unharmed, and surprised to see he is actually sleeping.

  I am trembling, and I grasp onto my dad in fear that he will be thrown about once again. I don't know how to respond to this, to Damon, who showed out of nowhere. Yes, he did technically stop my dad from hurting me, but at the same time he tossed him around like a rag doll! Is this really happening?

  I feel Zeke wrap his arm around me, letting me know he is there. Feeling his touch instantly brings me back to earth. Forcing my breathing under control, I slowly am ably to calm myself down. Gathering my courage I look up at Damon. He has not moved, nor has he said a thing. The only sound from him is heavy breathing. Although he is not doing anything now, it seems like he is holding himself back.

  As my eyes travel up his body, my heart feels like it stops. His normally beautiful face is twisted into something horrifying. His eyes look bloodshot, no, that's not right, his eyes are far beyond bloodshot. They still have a hint of blue to them, but instead of white they are pure red. It looks as though the veins below his eyes are also bulging at a dangerous rate. His mouth is slightly hanging open, and it looks like he might have fangs?

  My eyes widen as I stare at him, unable to make myself move. I hear a sharp intake of breath and can feel Zeke tighten his hold on me once he notices Damon's appearance as well.

  "What are you?" My voice is surprisingly strong considering everything that is going on, but yet it still cracks.

  My words seem to bring Damon back to reality. He was glaring down at dad before, but he now looks at us like he hadn't realized we were here. He glances between us, like he is taking in the scene before him for the first time. He says nothing, but he begins to shake his head no. For a brief moment a look of disgust takes over his face, and then in a blink of an eye he is gone.

  I stare at the spot he once was, neither Zeke nor I seem able to move. I'm sure he is just as confused about everything as I am, but I feel something else. My heart aches for Damon. Before he disappeared he looked so upset, and something tells me it's at himself rather than anything else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 36 21
Elena chose Damon, unable to fight her intense attraction. Now, ever since Stefan left town she can't stop longing for him to come home. Between the...
845K 20.7K 31
โ†’ "I hate them." I say, animosity laced in each word. My brothers abandoned me-they left me, in the middle of nowhere, to die. I remember that day...
10.6K 430 30
หšโ‚Šยทโžณโฅ AU/alternate canon "A love that transcends time, falling into a new soul each generation again and again through eternity. And so shall this go...
1.2M 30.3K 45
'"Okay..." I trailed off awkwardly, shoving my hands in my pockets. He groaned in frustration and I shot him a look. "What are you uhhh-ing about?" I...