This Love of Ours

By tottiesx

Avery Summers was your ordinary popular girl. She wasn't bitchy and mean like some of her fellow cheerleaders... More

This Love of Ours
I was Trying to Make a Dramatic Entrance
You Gotta Stick Wit Cho Bae
Honey You Look Like a Hot Mess
It's the Asian Invasion that's Sweeping the Nation
My Singing is a Gift Given to Me by Angels
A Hooded Man Saved Her
My Little Ty-ger
I Sense Some Sexual Tension
Deny Deny Deny
What in the Name of Blackberry Flavored Lollipops!
Poor Dude
I promise
Really?
Today Was A Good Day
Sincerely, Your Secret Admirer
Mission S.A.
Something Special
Perfect
It's for the Best
This Could Work
Group Hug!!
I Totally Ship Them Together!
A Week of Waiting
So Who Is It?
You Gotta Give It Time
Realizing The Truth
Playing Matchmaker
Feelings In Check
Depression
This Love of Ours

Vanilla is So Girly

683 21 7
By tottiesx

~Chapter 9~ (NOT EDITED)

I was failing math. It was probably all because of Mrs. Marshall. All she does is talk about her life. There is absolutely no teaching involved. Okay maybe just a few minutes but she talks for the rest of the time about her life and husband.

Like, no one wants to know about your life! We aren't here to counsel with you, we're here to learn.

Mrs. Marshall requested to speak to me after class during the middle of class which embarrassed me in front of all my classmates. I put all my things into my locker and started walking toward Mrs. Marshall's class.

Once I got there I was surprised to see Tyler also in the room talking with Mrs. Marshall. I decided to knock because I didn't want to interrupt their talking.

Mrs. Marshall was the first to notice me. "Hello Avery. Please take a seat I wanted to speak to you about your grades."

Well no shit...

I nodded and took the other seat in front of her desk next to Tyler.

"You have to raise your grades up soon or else you won't be able to pass this class." She started. "A D is below average. I'd like to see your grade raise to at least a C+ by the end of this year or else you won't be able to pass."

"I understand." I said politely. I was surprised with myself. Although I was feeling rage inside, I was actually being polite. I mean, it's not my fault that I learn absolutely nothing in her class.

"So I decided that you can either raise your grade by studying more by yourself or get a tutor." She offered. "I think a tutor could really help you."

"But who will tutor me?"

"Well. I've spoken to Tyler." She said nodded to him. "He has the highest grades in class so I think he'll be capable to teach you."

I turned to Tyler and he was wearing a blank expresssion. I doubted he'd want to teach me.

"Okay... if it's ok with Tyler."

"Tyler, is it ok with you?"

We both turned to Tyler, waiting for his response. He just nodded in return.

"Okay. I expect you to get better grades. Thanks coming to talk to me. You guys can go now."

I got out of my chair, relieved that I didn't have to do extra work because I would've done poorly on those too and that would've made my grades worse.

"Hey Tyler."

He turned around and raised his eyebrows silenting asking me why I was calling him.

"Thanks for tutoring me." I said smiling.

"Yea whatever. Mrs. Marshall said I could get community service for it."

Wow. What a shot at my woman pride. He did it so he could get something out of it. Oh well that's a step up from absolutely hating.

Huh... he's getting soft with me. Heh.

I started walking to my locker when I saw Will and Casey walking down the hall.

Maybe what Mason said was wrong. Maybe Will actually does like Casey for her and not for her popularity. I mean I should be happy for them because maybe they were meant to be and I was just a boulder in their path. Casey was my best friend and she probably wouldn't intentionally hurt me.

I had to let go of the fact that Will and me would never be and start feeling happy for them. The truth is that I really missed Casey and Will. I loved having them as my friends and without them life tends to become boring.

We would always usually do things together and a little thing referred to as my feelings has broken that. I decided that I would forgive them for betraying me because I loved Casey and she was like a sister to me.

I packed everything I need into my backpack and started walking toward the parking lot.

"Hey Avery." Casey greeted me smirking.

"Hey" I said smiling.

"Hi" Will said smiling warmly at me.

I smiled back at him.

"Can I talk to you alone?" Casey asked.

Saying I was surprised was an understatement. I mean this is the first time we have talked in a long time. Despite the fact that she was still grinning evilly I agreed to talk to her. Might I add, alone.

She let me out to the parking lot and walked to the back of the school which was deserted.

"Okay listen. I never liked you. I was only pretending to be your friend." She started. "I knew how much you liked Will and after he asked me out I could'nt have been more happy to oblige. I knew you would be depressed and feel betrayed."

I was shocked at what I was hearing. I could'nt believe the girl who I considered my best friend would do such a horrible thing to me. What have I ever done to her? I had to many question that I wanted to ask, but the biggest question I had was, why?

So I asked just that. "Why?"

"Because, you were always better than me in everything. You were always better, prettier, and more athletic. Everyone loved you and everyone just thought of me as the girl that followed you around. I know what you're thinking. I'm the captain of the cheerleading team." I was thinking just that. She was the captain of the cheerleading team. What more did she want? Well that wasn't supposed to happen. Everyone wanted you to be the captain, but you were to blinded by your kindess and loyalty and you gave up that position without realizing it. You nominated me as the cheer captain and because everyone loved you they happily agreed. Once I became the cheerleading captain I was the most popular girl in school and everyone loved me and you became the girl who always followed me. I loved that feeling."

I didn't understand. If she had gotten what she wanted, why did she have to steal Will? She already became the most popular girl in school and I was viewed as her "follower," what more did she want?

"I know what you're thinking. If I had everything, why would I take Will from you?" I nodded symbolizing that it was what I indeed was thinking. "Well. let's just call that revenge. I wanted to destroy you once and for all the past wouldn't repeat itself and that I would always be better than you."

I wasn't mad. I was just disappointed and sad. I couldn't believe it.

"Oh." was all I could say. I was shocked and I needed a little time to let the new information register in my mind.

"Now that you are ruined I feel like I finally accomplished something in life. And a plus was that you quit the cheerleading squad. But after that I'm not fully satisfied."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. And before I know it, I feel a sharp pain in my cheek. My hands immediately went to my cheek.

She slapped me!! Wtf?!

She punched me one last time in the eye before walking off leaving me on the floor nursing my cheek and eye.

Damn it. There probably will be a bruise there later.

I started walking toward the parking lot. Although she did nothing to my legs and body, I still felt weak and began limping.

I've always wondered what that would feel like to limp like an injured person. I felt, well, I fought a battle, which, might I add, I didn't win.

I assumed everyone had left after seeing only a few cars left in the parking lot.

Ugh...I guess I have to walk home. Wait no, correction: limp home.

I started walking because I wanted to get home before dark.

I heard a honk and a car pull up next to me.

"Uh... need a ride?"

I turned to the source of the voice to see Tyler.

I smiled gratefully. "Yea thanks."

I got into his car and felt instantly warmed. The car smelled like vanilla. Why hadn't I noticed before.

I started giggling randomly. Tyler looked at me like I grew an extra head.

"Haha vanilla is so girly."

"I like vanilla and don't be so sexist."

"I can tell." I replied, remember the time we got ice cream together and he got vanilla. Ah... good times.

I turned around catching him staring at me. Good thing we were at a red light or else we would've crashed or something.

"What happened?" He asked suddenly.

"Huh?"

"Your eye... it's purple... and your cheek has a hand print."

"Oh it's just nothing I kinda fell onto the floor." I lied, chuckling nervously. I didn't want to tell him that I got beat up by my ex best friend because she wanted revenge on me. That was sound so pathetic seeing I did nothing about it except stand there and let her hit me.

"And that totally explains why there is a hand print on your face." He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Okay okay. I got in a fight with Casey and she kinda beat me up." I decided to tell him because telling him would neither solve nor make my situation worse.

"Why? Are you okay?" His face held concern. I was grateful that for once he didn't correct my grammar mistake and say that kinda isn't a word and instead it was kind of.

"Yea she wanted revenge for when we were younger. I think she was always jealous of me for some reason." I didn't understand why she was jealous. I've always thought she was the prettiest girl in our school and that everybody loved her, but I guess that's not what she thought."

Screw forgiving her. I would never forgive her now. Even if she groveled and begged at my feet, I would never forgive her, ever.

"I can understand why. You are beautiful in your own way. Your kindess is what makes you stand out. Most girls as popular as you are rude and snobby but not you."

My heart basically exploded. I smiled brightly. "Thanks."

And right then and there, I finally realized that I'm falling for Tyler Jenkins. And I'm falling fast.

*************************

OMG! The next chapter is up! Hope you enjoy it. Casey is so mean, but who knew she thought that way. Hmm... I sure didn't. Just kidding... I knew already. Well anyways thanks and hope you enjoy it! Bye!

Who knew Casey was so mean... Hope you liked it! See you in the next chapter!

DON'T FORGET!!!

VOTE!

and COMMENT!

BYE BYE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 449 24
Summary: Izada Crystal Bradale is a teen spy? When she was younger, she is greatly disliked by her peers. Then a chain of event causes Izada to fin...
226K 5.4K 21
Avery Hunter was a normal popular girl. She is loved by all of her friends and she is really pretty. But one day she has to drop everything and move...
649 23 19
"I fucking love you." "I fucking love you more." ***************************************** Whitney Anderson has to be babysat for three months straig...
122K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...