The Slytherin Royals

By MaxineLane

Kallista Zenia Emrys is born in the world of high society pure bloods. Being one of the last remaining descen... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
The Life of Kala Emrys
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Voldemort's Last Memory
71
72
73
74
75
76
Scorpius and Sierra
The Ice Queen
The Scorpion King
-1
The Malfoy Family
That One Girl Blaise Zabini Loved
Flint's Special Puff
The Restricted Section
Sierra's Dirty Little Secret
The Slytherin Darling
Darling 1

31

178K 5.4K 18.1K
By MaxineLane

With my hand tucked in Draco's arm we walk gracefully to the Top Box for the final World Cup match -Bulgaria versus Ireland- with his parents right behind us.

Draco is in a handsome black suit and as per Narcissa Malfoy's request I'm in a rather formal body fitting dress with very tall high heels. She had her house elf do my hair in elegant waves that cascaded down my back and my make up done in a more dramatic way.

It made Draco and I look like a young Heir and Heiress.

Earlier, Lucius Malfoy had shown us a massive tent that looked nothing like a muggle camping tent. It had peacocks outside the front and inside was like a miniature Malfoy Manor equip with the fanciest looking furniture. 

I sighed loudly when Draco and I spotted Harry Potter and the entire Weasley family making their way up. "How far up are we, dad?" We hear Ronald Weasley grumble breathing hard as they climb higher.

I could already see Draco's delight at the sight of his favorite punching bag, his eyes bright and his lips forming a snake like grin.

"Well, put it this way, if it rains you'll be the first to know." Lucius Malfoy stands beside us with a condescending smile beating Draco from terrorizing Weasley first.

Narcissa and I stifle a laugh as the entire Weasley family turn red with repressed rage.

"I'm quite surprised you can afford to be here." Draco coolly comments smirking at the group.

Lucius hums lifting a blond eyebrow and looks toward the group with distaste. "Yes, what on earth did you sell to afford tickets to take your entire family? Surely your house isn't worth this much?"

"My family and Kallista are sitting in the Minister's box by personal invitation from Cornelius Fudge himself." Draco drawls. During the entire summer, he's been in business meetings with the Minister talking about Merlin knows what.

"Don't boast, Draco." Narcissa scolds but her smile is evident.

"There's no need with these people." Lucius says with finality flicking his wrist like he was shooing away pests. "Do enjoy yourself, won't you? While you can."

-

The Irish Chasers are remarkable. I had my mouth parted the entire time watching them and their precise movements. I still could not believe I trained with them.

Despite the unwavering brilliance that they had, Viktor Krum with his bloody nose beats Aidan Lynch to the snitch ending the match but with Ireland as the winner.

The Irish players fly to the Minister's box and hover waving and calling my name. I give my congratulations smiling proudly.

"We'll see you next summer, Kally!" They shouted before flying away to celebrate their win. "Drop by our tent if you have the time."

-

Lucius and Narcissa we're acting strange. Right after the match, they rush us to the Malfoy tent and order the house elves to pack our things.

"Shouldn't we stay for the post-game celebration? Aidan Lynch invited Kally and I to their tent." Draco asks looking confused when Lucius and Narcissa share a look.

"It's best we head home, Draco. Kallista can stay with us for the rest of the summer." Narcissa tells him with a smile.

Lucius nods at his wife. "I've already spoken with Severus. He's agreed to let Kallista stay at the Manor."

I couldn't help but feel like they were hiding something from us but as I was taught to do, I smile and take Draco's hand. "I'd love to stay at the Malfoy Manor. Thank you for having me."

Narcissa's eyes beam smiling down at me. "Nonsense, I've been pestering Severus all summer to have you."

"I'll be staying here, my dear Narcissa. I have several things I have look into before going home. You'll be safe with the children?" Lucius asks taking a hold of Narcissa's hand.

She nods her head a look of deep understanding in her eyes. "We'll use a private portkey home."

"Very well. Draco, Kallista- I'll see you at home."

-

Alone at breakfast in the Malfoy Manor the next day, Draco and I held our breath after reading the Daily Prophet.

"You don't think?" I whisper holding onto the newspaper with shaking hands.

Draco wraps his hands around mine. "We don't know anything but it's best we prepare ourselves."

I swallow feeling light headed all of a sudden. It wasn't that I was afraid of the Dark Lord. The Emrys' have always been neutral only helping our family friends when necessary but I always had my grandfather back then. Would it be different now that he's gone?

-

Draco and I have grown a lot during the summer. Draco in particular is turning more and more into a young aristocrat in his expensive Italian suits. He's grown a lot taller and his hard muscles are looking more prominent with each passing day. It was getting harder to ignore how handsome and muscular he was becoming.

He looked nothing like a brawny Gryffindor who would sweep you off your feet or a Hufflepuff that would give a good cuddle. Definitely not a smart casual looking Ravenclaw that had all the answers to the world.

Draco looked exactly what a young rich nobleman would look. Tall, with hard muscles and eyes that promised mischief. It's just an added bonus that he looks incredible in suits.

I, on the other hand, have started to show prominent and distinct curves from all the training I did over the summer. I've lost all my baby fat even on my face showing high cheek bones and a prominent jawline. Make up is also becoming a permanent addition to my daily preparations for getting ready.

My clothes were starting to change as well. I started to dress more and more like Missus Zabini with her luxurious imported clothes- partly because she wouldn't let me shop for myself. She does all my shopping for clothes. That meant I'm always dressed in rich silks, fine wool and lavish leathers.

Like today, as Draco and I look for an empty compartment, I'm dressed in a gorgeous white cloak over a cream colored dress. Draco, of course, in his usual dark colored suit.

The crowd of people parted with their mouths open in awe. I couldn't blame them, Narcissa Malfoy overdressed us. Instead of going to Hogwarts, we looked like we could be buying five or six schools.

We pass the compartment with Weasley and Potter holding court with their friends.

"We could see everything! It was bloody brilliant." Weasley said with pride doing animated movements with his hands.

"Did you really, Weasley?" I say unable to stop myself. After all, he's the type to make fun of dead relatives. "You were closer to the clouds than the Players."

Draco laughs condescendingly shaking his head. "I wouldn't be so proud about your seats, Weasley. It's rather pathetic."

"You couldn't have gotten those seats without the Malfoy's, Emrys." Weasley proudly states crossing his arms and bringing his chin up.

It's hilarious to see him act like he mattered.

"You're right. Instead, she could have accepted Aidan Lynch's offer to sit at the Player's box- the only other seat better than the Minister's." Draco drawls coolly looking like he had better things to do than talk with pathetic redheads. "You know cause they're practically teammates."

Potter's eyes widen with awe. "Did you really train with them?"

Not one to boast, I just nod. "Let's go, Draco. We've wasted enough time with Weasley as it is." Grabbing Draco's hand, I pull him to an empty compartment.

Our friends soon join us with eyes that looked like they knew about the events after the World Cup too. None of them were able to go partly because they were sent away for the summer- for obvious reasons.

Daphne sat by my side and gave a long hug. "You're alright? You're safe?" She whispered in my hair.

"I'm alright. I was with Draco and his parents." I whisper back still in a tight hug. "How about you? Are you alright?"

She pulls away and nods. We join our other friends in their conversation with low voices. It wasn't like anyone was listening it just felt appropriate to keep our voices low with our topic.

We're brought apart by Pansy Parkinson opening the compartment door and rushing to Draco's side squishing herself against Greg in the process.

"Oh, Drakey, I heard you were at the World Cup. Are you alright?" She cooed pulling at Draco's arm and pressing her breasts on him.

Draco leans away looking startled and tries to remove his arm from her grasp. "Merlin, Pansy would you let go?"

Pansy pouted pressing herself closer to Draco. "But Drakey, I thought we're past this. We did spend most of the summer together."

I choke on air my eyes blinking rapidly. They what?

The entire compartment goes quiet eyes flickering between Draco and I.

Draco looked frightened at the look I sent him. "Kally-"

I force a smile that hurt my face. "No need to explain, Draco. You obviously had a busy summer."

"No, Kally-"

I stood from my seat. "I have to change into my robes now."

"But, were still far from Hogwarts?" I hear Greg whisper to the compartment when I slam the door shut with such a force that could have broken it.

-

Daphne followed a few minutes after I walked out with her robes in her hands.

"I think you're overreacting." Daphne tells me as we pull on our robes even if it was too early to put them on.

I huff. "No, Daph. I'm not even reacting."

"Sure. Whatever you say but Draco explained when you left and it was purely coincidental that they met. Pansy was milking it. They only saw each other twice during a breakfast meeting with other business men." Daphne explains patiently pulling on her robes.

We've gotten taller over the summer and our skirts were a little too short. "I'm fine, Daphne." I say reassuring my best friend.

"Personally, I think Draco needs to grow a pair and make things official. You already have his bracelet. I don't know what else he's waiting for." She grumbles dusting herself off.

"Is it alright if we don't go back to the compartment?" I ask feeling a little silly now.

Daphne waves her hand around like it was obvious we weren't going back. "Of course. Let's find an empty one and wait for the trolley. Mother had me on a strict diet this summer and I'm dying for something sweet or anything with flavor really."

-

I was still in a sour mood when we rode the carriages to the castle. Daphne and I skillfully avoided the boys and rode in a carriage with Graham and his friends.

"How was your summer, Kally and Daphne?" Graham asks making polite conversation. Graham changed a lot from the last time I saw him. Bigger now and more mature.

"My mother starved me." Daphne mutters grumpily wringing her dripping robes. It was raining hard and we were both shivering wet. I pull out my wand and cast a drying spell on our robes. "That's better. Thanks Kally."

"I'm sorry to hear that. How was Ireland, Kally?" Graham presses smiling now and leaning closer towards me.

"Oh, tiring." I say with a laugh casting another drying spell their way when I noticed Graham and his friends were soaked to the bone.

A coarse of thanks came after that. "It must be great training with professionals."

"You spent the summer with professionals too, didn't you?" I ask returning the smile and leaning back in my seat. Graham had sent many letters through the summer. I think I received more letters from him than Daphne.

He nodded excitedly. "They're nothing like the Irish National Team but it was fun."

-

"Graham is agreeable, isn't he?" Daphne whispers loudly during dinner and I pause giving her a look of confusion.

I don't sit with Draco for the first time in four years choosing instead to sit with Blaise and Daphne. "Montague?" Blaise asks with his nose scrunched.

"Yes, he's handsome and comes from a good family."

Blaise raises an eyebrow in confusion. "A good family but not the best."

"He, at least, has shown great interest in Kally." Daphne responds testily glaring at Draco who pretended not to hear her. He thankfully made no move to sit beside Pansy Parkinson or to let her sit with him. "He's been writing her constantly. Honestly- it's like he's already stating his claim. Might want to use his jewelry now, Kally."

I hear Draco take a sharp breath at her words but I don't get time to react because Dumbledore starts his speech.

My jaw drops when I hear the announcement from Dumbledore. "No quidditch?!" I shriek standing from my seat in protest.

Eternal glory from a Triwizard Tournament? In replacement for Quidditch? I groan slamming back down my seat and glaring at my empty plate. I didn't want eternal glory, I wanted Quidditch and the Quidditch Cup. No wonder Graham didn't mention becoming Captain this year. There wasn't a team this year.

A new DADA Professor is introduced. I didn't pay him mind despite the obvious stare he was giving.

At that very moment, the caretaker comes running in the Great Hall. He whispers something to Dumbledore. The Headmaster clears his throat and introduces the students from Beauxbatons.

A flock of girls in powder blue uniforms come rushing in with butterflies and dances. Daphne and I shared a laugh. Blaise, Greg and Vince looked utterly enamored by the girls and when I look to Draco to see if he was interested in the Parisian girls, he was already staring at me.

'I'm sorry.' He mouths looking uninterested with the other girls and reaches for my hand across the table. "Please?"

I know what his words meant. He was sorry he didn't mention meeting Parkinson during the summer. Not that he needed to. We had no understanding.

I'm pulled away from our stare when another school is introduced. The Drumstrang students were muscular mean looking boys that did not look like they came here to play.

I turn back to Draco and he was still staring with a small pout on his lips. "Nothing to say sorry for." I whisper low enough that no one else could hear. Draco sits straighter and smiles for the very first time that evening.

"Is that Viktor Krum?" Greg says in utter disbelief. Sure enough, Viktor Krum and the rest of the Drumstrang boys walk to our table and takes a seat.

Finally, the food appears and we dig in falling to our usual polite chitchat with the boys still excitedly looking at Krum from time to time.

Viktor Krum's eyes widen with recognition when his eyes focus on me.

"You are Kallista Emrys- yes?" He says with a thick accent from across the table. This effectively quiets the table and the rest of the Great Hall.

Confused, I nod my head. "Yes?"

"You trained with Irish Team?" He continues. Was he going to kill me for being a part of the enemy team?

"Yes?" I say again leaning closer to Blaise in hopes he'd shield my body in case Krum attacks.

Draco was glaring at his idol probably waiting for him to attack too.

"You're good Chaser." Krum says finally and I'm left even more confused. "I hope to go against you in the future, yes?"

"Yes?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 925 39
Annabelle Avery thought she was just your ordinary witch, studying at Beauxbaton's... But when she is transferred to Hogwarts, her world as she new i...
296 10 17
soul tied, interlinked. • a Draco Malfoy story 😉 sophie bloodshot, a slytherin that comes from one of the wealthiest pureblood families out there...
138K 3.1K 19
Alice is a pure blood descendent of Salazar Slytherin. Which means she's a blood relatives to Voldemort. Of course, she's not aware of this when she...
162K 3.6K 57
DRACO X READER FANFICTION Finished The Valentine's is one of the most famous pureblood families in the wizarding world. As Y/N Valentine gets older...