Saudade | D. SALVATORE

sectxmsemmpra tarafından

" the fire can't touch me, for i have been burned one too many times & the sea can't harm me, for i've been d... Daha Fazla

1 | in which everything goes wonderfully wrong
2 | secrets exposed
3 | caught grinning at a dead body
4 | time for murder
6 | solitude was the only answer
7 | i'm not legally required to do this
8 | there are weirder ways to learn about death
9 | i lose my temper...again
10 | once in awhile even the elders are wrong
11 | the scumbag crashed and burned
12 | on the road again
13 | the pizza man
14 | it all fell down
15 | whispers from the tomb
16 | psa. you messed up again
17 | triple dating and car talk
18 | perfectly imperfect
19 | the green eyed monster
20 | fifty shades of red
21 | you can't handle the truth
22 | faith, trust, and pixie dust
23 | ring, ring, it's depression calling
24 | definition of a mistake
25 | burn marks
0 | second book is complete

5 | improvisation at its finest

1.3K 32 0
sectxmsemmpra tarafından

"Scum ball," Jenna spat out, venom laced in her tone, "Scum bucket."

"Yeah, you tell that T.V. Jenna," Evelyn encouraged Aunt, "Let it know how you really feel."

"I'm not talking to the T.V.," she pointed out, "I'm talking about him."

Evelyn looked up at the screen in confusion, "The news guy?"

"Also known as Logan 'Scum' Fell," she explained. "Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

"No way," Elena grinned. "You and him?" She looked back up at the screen, "He's cute."

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him," Jenna rolled her eyes when she saw the box Elena was holding, "What are you doing with that?"

"I went yesterday and got it from the safety deposit box," she answered. "Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display."

"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna asked as she walked over and looked through the box.

"Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring," Elena corrected.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth?" Jeremy piped up. "You know, like on eBay?"

"You're not gonna find out."

"That stuff is mom and dad's," he pointed out. "You can't just give it away."

"I'm not giving it away," she countered. "It's called a loan, Jeremy."

"You're giving it away," Evelyn stated and Elena shot her a look as the doorbell rang.

"I'm not."

"I'll get the door," Evelyn decided, hoping off the couch. "You go through the last few things of our ancestors and give them away."

"Technically, Tyler will be taking them away," she pointed out.

"That changes nothing," Evelyn replied as she opened the door. She leaned her head back once she saw who it was, "Elena! It's for you!"

Elena walked over to the front door and grinned when she saw who it was, "Hi."

"Hi," Stefan greeted and Elena pulled him into the house, pressing her lips to his.

Evelyn gagged dramatically before she made her way back to where Jeremy and Jenna were, "Three guesses who it was."

Without a second thought, they both spoke in unison, "Stefan."

The rest of the day went how the majority of Evelyn's days went, "Read, watch T.V., dance. Singing at an unnecessarily loud volume so that Elena had to come into her room and scold her for interrupting her Stefan time.

"Careful," Evelyn had commented, "I'm too young to be an aunt."

Eventually though, she grew hungry and of course there was no food in the house.

Normally she would have been content with driving to pick up her food but Elena had taken her car and Evelyn wasn't in the mood to walk.

Just as she picked up the phone to order food, however, the doorbell rang. She made her way to answer the door but Jeremy beat her to it.

Without a second thought, they both said in sync, "Stefan."

Jeremy made an attempt at shutting the door on whoever was there but they stopped him. "I'm here for my mom," Tyler explained. "I was supposed to pick up a box of stuff."

"One second!" Evelyn shouted from where she had been standing and she made her way back to the kitchen to retrieve the box of items. She carried it to the door and handed it to him, "Careful. It's supposed to be important or something like that."

"Yeah," Jeremy agreed, "Be careful with it dick."

Evelyn huffed, "Really, Jer? Is that the best you can do?"

Jeremy scoffed, shaking his head before walking away.

"Hey," Evelyn spoke up, leaning against the door frame. "Since your here, think you could give me a lift to the grill? Elena has my car."

"Yeah, I was actually just heading there now," he replied.

"Perfect," she smiled, "Let me just grab my jacket."

She made her way into the kitchen where Jeremy stood, "Really?"

"What?" she asked innocently. "It's convenient."

"Mmhmm."

Rolling her eyes, she rejoined Tyler, closing the door behind her.

They made their way to his car. They had been driving for a few minutes when Tyler turned down the radio. "How are you?" he asked. "I haven't really had the chance to talk to you since you've gotten back."

"I've been busy but good," she nodded, glancing over at him. "You?"

He smiled tightly, "Anger still gets the best of me."

"Remember what I told you?" she inquired and something seemed to register.

"Focus on something, right?"

"Yeah, an anchor of sorts," she explained, "A voice, a memory, a person, an item. Just think about it and focus on that instead of what's making you so angry. For example, my brother."

He cleared his throat, "About that..."

Evelyn shook her head, "Your business with my brother can remain between you two but try not to beat him up next time."

"I never said thank you," Evelyn said after some time and he grew confused. "For telling my parents."

"Oh, that," he nodded, "You're welcome, I guess. Not really sure what the proper response is in a situation like this."

She laughed a little as they pulled into the Grill's parking lot, "Does anyone?" They made their way into the restaurant and Evelyn turned to him, "Thanks for the ride."

"Anytime," he replied, allowing the door to shut behind them. "Hey Vick," Tyler greeted as she passed by the two.

"Tyler, hey," she grinned until her eyes fell upon Evelyn who was trailing behind him. A scowl formed on her face taking Evelyn by surprise, "Evelyn."

"Um, hell to you too?" Evelyn greeted before gesturing off into an unknown direction. "I'm gonna go...away from here."

She quickly made her way away from the pair and sat down after ordering her food. She pulled out her phone once she took a seat and called up Elena. "Hello?" the girl answered.

"I'm gonna need you to pick me up from the Grill," Evelyn said immediately.

There was shuffling on the other line, "How'd you get there in the first place?"

"Tyler drove me."

"Can't he bring you home?"

"He's kind of in the middle of an argument with Vicki," Evelyn explained, glancing over at the couple. "Oh and, it's my car."

"Fine," she huffed. "I'll be there in ten."

"Love you too, sis."

She hung up the phone just as her food was brought to her. "Thank you," she said, not looking up at the person until she realized they weren't going to walk away. She looked up to find Vicki standing there, "Hi?"

"Stay away from Tyler," she demanded and Evelyn raised an eyebrow.

"He just gave me a ride."

"I don't have time for your stupid games, just leave him alone."

"I don't know what your problem is but-"

"My problem is you," she cut her off. "You don't just get to waltz back into town after being gone for a year and act like you're better than everyone because you aren't. Stay away from Tyler, or else."

"Vicki," someone spoke from behind her and the two girls looked up to see Matt watching her in disappointment.

"It's fine," Evelyn smiled tightly, standing up. "I'm actually leaving now anyway."

She made her way to the exit when Tyler called her name, "Do you need a ride back home?"

"No," she replied, not looking back at him. "Elena's coming to get me." Evelyn made her way to a table outside to wait for Elena. A moment later, Tyler took a seat in front of her.

"What's going on?" he asked immediately.

"I'm waiting for Elena," she replied simply.

"That's not it."

She looked back at the Grill and shook her head, "It is it."

Tyler looked back at the Grill as well where Vicki was watching from the window, "What did she say to you?"

"She didn't say anything," Evelyn answered, standing up. "I have to go. Elena's here."

"Wha-Evelyn!" he shouted after her but she had already hopped into her car.

"What was that about?" Elena asked as she pulled out of the parking spot.

"Long story," Evelyn huffed. "Twin time after that stupid founders party thing tonight?"

Elena nodded before glancing over at her warily, "About the party..."

"What is it?"

"I know we agreed no dates but-"

"You're bringing Stefan," Evelyn concluded and she nodded. "But it's not just that. You want me to third wheel, don't you?"

"Yes?"

"If you were a normal couple, I wouldn't mind," Evelyn pointed out, "But you two aren't normal."

"Please?"

"Fine," she huffed, "But I'm not going to be happy about it."

Elena's phone rang as they were entering the house, "Hello?" She glanced back at a confused Evelyn, "Hi, Mrs. Lockwood." There was a pause, "What do you mean?" Elena frowned, "It is? Are you sure? Because I saw it."

She placed her bag down on the table and made her way up the stairs, Evelyn following behind her, "Let me check. If I find it, I'll bring it." She nodded, "Okay. Bye."

Elena hung up the phone and slipped it into her pocket as they approached Jeremy's room. "What's wrong?"

"God, what now?" Jeremy groaned once Elena barged in.

"The pocket watch," she demanded. "Where is it?"

He raised an eyebrow, "What watch?"

"The one you stole from mom's box," she explained. "Mrs. Lockwood just called me, freaking out. It was on the list, Jerermy. She thinks she lost it."

"Maybe she did," he suggested. "Maybe Tyler took it."

"Don't even play that card, Jeremy," she scoffed. "If I go online, am I going to find it on eBay? Is that how you pay for your pot?""

"Screw you," he spat. "I didn't even steal it, and if I had? I never would have sold it."

"Don't lie to me."

"He's not," Evelyn spoke up from behind her and she turned around in confusion.

"What?"

"He didn't steal it, I did," she explained. "And I'm not giving it to you. Mom's promise or not, I'm keeping it and Jeremy will get it when he turns eighteen. Just like dad would have wanted."

"Evie..." she trailed off and Evelyn shook her head.

"Don't," she suggested. "Let's just go get ready."

After the pair got ready, Stefan arrived and dinged the doorbell. Elena called for Evelyn to hurry up and she made her way downstairs. "Let's get this over with," Evelyn stated, ignoring Elena as she passed by her.

The arrival was timed perfectly because as they approached, Mayor Lockwood passed by. "Hi, Mayor Lockwood," Elena greeted.

"Hey guys," he replied, "Come on in."

"Thank you," Stefan smiled before the three entered.

"Found it," Evelyn announced as she entered the room where the stuff there parents owned were set up.

We arrived just in time. Mayor Lockwood walked by and now we wouldn't have to wait awkwardly for one of the Lockwoods to invite us in for Stefan's sake.

"'The founding families in Mystic Falls welcome you to the inaugural founder's council celebration.,'" Elena read allowed. "Wow, look, it's the original guest registry. Look at all these familiar names—Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood. Is that Damon Salvatore? And, Stefan Salvatore?"

Elena looked over at Stefan in confusion and Damon spoke up from behind them, "The original Salvatore brothers. Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually."

"We don't need to bore them with stories of the past," Stefan pointed out.

"It's not boring, Stefan," Elena countered. "I'd love to hear more about your family."

"Well, I'm bored," Caroline whined. "I want to dance. And Damon won't dance with me."

"I'm sure you can find one of your boy toys that would be willing to dance with you," Evelyn pointed out, not in the mood to deal with the blonde today.

"You would know all about that, wouldn't you?" she snapped back.

"Simmer down girls," Damon spoke up. "no need to fight."

Caroline turned to Elena, "Could I just borrow your date?"

"Oh, uh..." Elena trailed off uncomfortably.

Stefan shifted in his spot, "I don't really dance."

"Oh sure he does," Damon countered. "You should see him. Waltz, the jitterbug, the moonwalk. He does it all."

"You wouldn't mind, would you, Elena?" Caroline inquired.

Elena glanced over at Stefan, "It's up to Stefan."

"Well sorry," Caroline shrugged "But I'm not going to take no for an answer."

"We're aware," Evelyn mumbled but clearly it could be heard because Caroline glared at her as she dragged Stefan to the dance floor.

"I want to apologize to you for being such a world-class jerk the other night when I tried to kiss you," Damon explained. "There's no excuse. My therapist says I'm acting out, trying to punish Stefan.

"For what?" she asked, falling for his act.

"It's all in the past. I don't even want to bring it up," he waved his hand. "Let's just say that the men in the Salvatore family have been cursed with sibling rivalry. And it all started with the original Salvatore brothers." He looked around the room, "The Salvatore name was practically royalty in this town. Until the war. There was a battle here-"

"The Battle of Willow Creek," she finished.

He nodded, "Right."

"I know, we talked about it in class," she explained. "Confederate soldiers fired on a church with civilians inside."

"What the history books left out was the people that were killed. They weren't there by accident," he went on. "They were believed to be union sympathizers. So some of the founders on the confederacy side back then wanted them rounded up and burned alive. Stefan and Damon had someone they loved very much in that church. And when they went to rescue them, they were shot. Murdered in cold blood."

"Who was in the church that they wanted to save?"

"A woman, I guess," he shrugged. "Doesn't it always come down to the love of a woman?"

"You sure do know a lot about your ancestors," Evelyn commented from where she had been opening a box. "It's almost as though you were there."

Damon looked over at the girl and was about to say something when Elena spoke up, "Look, I'm sorry that you and Stefan have this thing between you, but I can't get in the middle of it, Damon. I just...I hope you two can work it out."

"I hope so, too," he agreed and Evelyn couldn't help but scoff.

The pair turned to look at her. "Just something in my throat," she replied, rubbing it, "I'm going to get something to drink."

She exited the room quickly, partially worried about Elena being alone with him but honestly glad to escape. She wandered around the house, finding it easy to navigate seeing as when she was younger she used to spend some time here.

"It's a big house," someone observed from behind her and she turned to find Tyler standing there.

Evelyn glanced to the side. It wasn't that she was scared of Vicki, she just didn't have it in her to deal with the girl. "Shouldn't you be with Vicki?"

"How'd you even know I came with her?"

"Jeremy wouldn't stop complaining about it," she replied.

"Matt told me what Vicki said to you and you don't have to listen to her," he explained.

"I know I don't have to," Evelyn responded. "But it's easier to just let her get what she wants."

"I don't want you to avoid me."

"She doesn't like me," she informed him. "I'm trying to do the right thing and you aren't making that easy on me."

"Is everything all right?" Vicki spoke from behind Tyler and Evelyn cursed her luck.

"I was just leaving," Evelyn replied as the girl glared at her. She made her way back to where the party was and Vicki grabbed her upper arm tightly.

Evelyn raised an eyebrow at this and grabbed the girls wrist. She squeezed it and the girl yelped, "Keep your hands off of me."

She then made her way through the house until eventually she found Elena and Bonnie talking on a bench.

"This is my fault," Bonnie concluded. "I planted doubt. I'm a doubt planter."

"It's not your fault. I just..." Elena shook her head. "I feel terrible because I said that I wouldn't get in the middle of it, and then that's exactly what I did. I got all snotty."

"What happened?" Evelyn asked, regretting leaving her with Damon by the second.

"Elena honey," Mrs. Lockwood spoke up, "There you are. I noticed the watch isn't with the collection."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mrs. Lockwood. I couldn't find it," Elena apologized, glancing at Evelyn briefly. "I guess it's still packed up in my parents' stuff somewhere."

"I see," she nodded with a frown. "Well, please let me know if you do find it."

"Okay," Elena agreed before the women walked off. She turned to look at her sister, "It's Stefan. He's hiding something, I can tell. He won't talk about Katherine and there is something else."

"Did you ever think that maybe he isn't telling you for a reason?" Evelyn countered.

"It's just his ex," she pointed out. "It shouldn't be that hard."

"It could be, we don't know what happened and you shouldn't try and force him," she replied. "I don't go around talking about my ex to the people I date, so why do you expect him to?"

"I guess you're right," she agreed, nodding slowly before something clicked. "Wait, you dated someone else?"

"That's for me to know and you to not find out," Evelyn answered before bolting from the room.

"This conversation isn't over!" she shouted after her sister.

The night went on rather slowly and eventually Evelyn stumbled upon Stefan. "So what's the plan again?"

"I spiked Caroline's drink with vervain," he explained. "When Damon drinks from her, which he will, it'll weaken him enough that I can bring him to the boarding house and lock him up."

"I'll tell Elena I have to go out of town to tie up some loose ends."

He shook his head, turning to look at her, "You don't have to do that."

"I want to help."

"I can handle it."

"You won't change my mind."

He opened his mouth to protest when something seemed to distract him. "It's time," he announced before grabbing the girls hand and pulling her to where they could observe from out of sight.

"Don't!" Caroline cried out. "She took it off and I got flustered! I didn't say anything, I swear!"

Damon wrapped his arms around the girls waist and breathed against her neck, "You make me crazy, you know that?" She sniffles, "It's okay, I forgive you."

"I swear, I didn't say..." she began but he hushed her.

"It's okay," he told her. "Unfortunately, I'm so over you now."

He opened his mouth allowing his fangs to extend as he bit into her neck. Evelyn moved to stand up but Stefan caught her wrist, pulling her back down, "Stay here."

"What the hell?" he muttered as he fell to the floor in pain and Stefan approached him.

"I knew I couldn't spike your drink," Stefan explained. "So I spiked hers."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

45.1K 1K 22
"I will always love you Stefan even if you compel me to forget you" "I love you too y/n and that's why I need to keep you safe and away from me" ____...
13.3K 314 24
" rome wasn't built in a day, but it was burned in one " book two of the Evelyn Gilbert series UNDERGOING EDITING
768 69 22
Stelena story
10.8K 437 14
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 �...